Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminator "Won't be Coming back"

Hi,

Hate to be the barer of bad news but I just saw this link over on Whedonesque and thought I might as well post it here;

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/...fox-set-t.html

As many people probably know ausiello is very credible and almost always right. So that probably means T:SCC is axed

I don't watch the show much anymore but it must suck for all the fans. Many seem to agree that it went out on a real creative high which is something to be proud of I guess.

Vamps

~ Banner by Nina ~

I read this earlier. It's looking pretty grim.

Which sucks because the last few eps were really good and it ended on a spectacular cliffhanger and I really wanted to know more!
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

I want to cry. Which... I know it's just tv, but... I want to cry.

I just think, this is a show that was unafraid, and it would be awesome to see that taken further.

Comment

Well there is a tiny bit of hope left...

This was a Twitter post from Ashley Edward Miller (writer on TSCC):

"Time for Ausiello's semi-annual SCC termination report. False again. (Remember "sets were destroyed" report? Now you know context, people)."

I mean it's doubtful but it does drive home the fact that Fox hasn't announced it yet.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
          I mean it's doubtful but it does drive home the fact that Fox hasn't announced it yet.
          Well, typically most renewals aren't actually announced until May UpFronts anyway. Usually it is only the higher profile and ratings heavy series that get early pick-ups. So while the hope may be slim, the fact that it hasn't been officially picked up doesn't really mean anything at this point in time.
          sigpic
          follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

I really hope they are wrong. Season 2 has been amazing.

Comment

There's a really interesting interview with Brian Austin Green over at Comic Book Resources, here, in which he discusses the confusion over the future of the show - at the time of giving that interview even he doesn't know if the show is coming back.

I don't think there are any spoilers for future episodes (should any be made!) in the interview, just his reaction to the plans for a potential third season. As well as his reaction to Derek's fate in the last couple of episodes!

Comment

That's a fantastic interview with Brian Austin Green. He sounds so intelligent and excited about the show.
                sigpic

Banner Set by thedothatgirl

Comment

Yes, I also want to thank you for that link. Rarely do we see such long interviews with various casts. And he is quite articulate. A good read. Thank you!
                  sigpic

Comment

When the rumours of the show being cancelled first started i didnt really care...but now i kinda do. The last ep makes me want to see a season 3 for sure

Comment

I found this earlier on, too.

Dollhouse & Terminator Really Not Canceled Yet, Say Insiders

That coupled with the Brian Austin Green interview I just read has enough to keep me at least a little hopeful.

*prays* Thanks for posting the link to the interview Llywela.
                      Christie | layout-whore | beyond-help

CORDELIA: It's gonna be a long while until you work your way out but I know you well enough to know you *will* and I'll be with you until you do. -- Judgement

Comment

Ausiello twittered that the series is now officially canceled.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
                          Ausiello twittered that the series is now officially canceled.
                          Yeah, I saw that and also saw that he's updated his "Fall TV Cheat Sheet" or whatever with a "now officially cancelled" next to TSCC but one of the producers/writers/editors of the show updated her Twitter and said that she has heard nothing about it and that she has no idea what the leaked FOX schedule means (if it's even accurate) and that we have to wait until tomorrow.

I'm still holding out hope for a midseason return of TSCC since I'm certain "Dollhouse" or one of the new shows with 13-episode orders will fail and they'll need a show to fill in the gap. Plus, the leaked schedule doesn't have anything paired with "Dollhouse" on Friday nights - clearly that schedule is incomplete or inaccurate altogether.

We must have hope!

If "Chuck" and "Dollhouse" could get renewed, TSCC should be able to, too! *Fingers crossed*
                          wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

Well, the thing that I think hurts its chances the most is that compared to Dollhouse's 12 aired episodes, Terminator has had 31. Sadly, I think FOX has given it its chance.

That said, I really do hope they consider bringing it back for a midseason pickup or something. It was getting very good toward the end there!
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey guys here's a letter from Josh Friedman (TSCC Showrunner) posted on the web;

By now most of you have heard the news that T:SCC is cancelled. I received a call earlier today from Peter Roth at Warner Bros. and I appreciate both his personal and professional support throughout this show's life. I know a lot of you are angry about the cancellation and want to find a place to direct your anger and to that I say do yourself a favor and find a way to move past it. Every network wants a big fat hit, especially one with a brand name behind it, and Fox was/is no different. They supported the show, they supported my vision of the show, and they gave it plenty of time to find an audience.

And what an audience we found: passionate, intelligent, kind of nuts in a good way. My only complaint about the T:SCC fans is that there aren't ten million of them. But I prefer to be happy for the ones we had instead of lamenting the ones we didn't.

Good shows are cancelled every year; smart shows, worthy shows, shows which move their viewers to write blogs and have viewing parties and create action figures and bury executives' email accounts under thousands of messages. I miss Deadwood and The Wire and Arrested Development but thank God that I still have Rescue Me and The Office and a recently renewed Party Down written by ex-T:SCC writer John Enbom.

Bad shows are cancelled, too. And certainly there are those who did not like what we did and had their own vision for what a Terminator TV show should be. It's easy to look at low ratings or cancellation as "failure" and for those who believe we've gone about this all wrong I'm sure today's news will only serve to confirm a world view that I would never try to change. We've written the show as best we can, executed it to the best of our abilities, and sent it out in the world knowing that we worked out asses off to do something that wouldn't be a waste of anybody's forty-three minutes.

Thanks to a brave and talented cast, a feature crew working on a TV schedule, and everyone else who I could list but won't because they know who they are. Mostly I'd like to thank those of you who've supported us and fought for us and given up hours of your life to watch our show. At the end of the day, that's what it's about. The watching.

Hope we do it again soon.

Josh Friedman

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

So thats it then....Its cancelled for sure?! I want to know what happens to John Henry!

Comment

Working...
                                X