Castle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castle

Was terrific. I hope you checked it out.

The plot was fun, if not entirely original. But it provided a nice set piece against which to introduce the characters and their respective skills, quirks, and foibles. Great banter, right out of the gate. The Castle-Becket relationship looks to be rather like Booth-Brennan. Similar, that is, not the same. She's got the buttoned up thing going (but not the social cluelessness). He's got the schoolboyish with hidden depths gig (but not the rigid morality). So if you've enjoyed that, you'll probably enjoy this.
    Cordially,
    Amuk

I didn't jump. I took a tiny step, and there conclusions were.
    Addicted to Buffy

I actually enjoyed this, I haven't really liked Fillion in the Few roles Ive seen him in. but he was so funny here. I love the humor and the seriousness of this show. I read in a different forum people comparing these 2 characters to booth and Brennan which I can kinda see the resemblance but I digress. This one show I will be watching and its also one of my new favorite 'Ships
    Last edited by skinless; 18-03-09, 04:21 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

I watched the first three acts, mainly amused but also noting that they simply reversed the roles in "Bones", with the man being the writer & the woman being the cop. But Temperance more than holds her own, and she investigates crimes because (like her author) she's actually a forensic investigator. The combination of the silliness of a police captain inviting a mystery writer to help his detectives, and the unmitigated sexism of what's-her-names blinky-blushy-oh-a-wily-male-is-flirting-with-me-I-will-be-frustrated-and-charmed-simultaneously BEEEEE-ESSSSSSS was too much & too typical for ABC, the Family Values-with-lots-of-T&A channel . . .
      Last edited by Ravynnia; 12-03-09, 01:22 AM.
      Entrer dans la lumi?re comme un insecte fou respirer la poussi?re vous venir ? genoux - Patricia Kaas

Comment

I still need to see it. I saw a commercial and I was like "YAY FILLION!" but I never watch TV anymore since the one in my room busted

Comment

Another fun ep Monday. This one had more twists and misleads than a barrel of snakes. Again, more lighthearted and fun than your usual murder mystery show. But it's working.
          Cordially,
          Amuk

I didn't jump. I took a tiny step, and there conclusions were.
          Addicted to Buffy

Comment

I agree with Ravynnia, the idea that someone would let a writer tag along with criminal investigators is even more unbelievable than... some other things in TV. And I'm not ver sure I like the obvious pairing of Castle and the lady detective. I mean, we are so obviously supposed to ship them from minute one. So, in a way it's kinda boring.
            Also, as Ravynnia mentions, her "frustrated-and-charmed-simultaneously" thing is not my favourite. Why not have her without that buttoned up thing.

But, that doesn't mean I won't watch the show. Oh yes I will. It indeed has some lightheartedness going on as Amuk mentions. And Nathan Fillion is good to look at
            I know we are being fed The Family Values, but I still kinda like Castle's family (which is of course your typical slightly-eccentric-yet-adorable Tv-family), but I do like the relationship between Castle and his daughter. And we also get the explanation from the 2nd episode why they are so close, it makes perfect sense. Maybe I'm getting old, but I find them adorable. And if you have grandmother like that and father like that it also makes sense that the daughter is in a way like Saffron from Absolutely Fabulous
            sigpic
            banner by litzie avatar by diane

Comment

Working...
            X