2.14 Good Wound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.14 Good Wound

Another thought provoking, emotional episode! I'm so glad for the show's return. All I could think while watching the episode is how am I supposed to cope if the show gets canceled?

I am AMAZED how the show is able to do so much emotionally and tell a new perspective by simply using the quotes from the movies. This wasn't the first time. But the echoing of Kyle's words he said to her once, now being used to guide her actions in present day had me near tears. Plus it was a delightful storytelling method to acknowledge the time travel theme of the show -- past and present to determine our future.

I was extremely surprised that Kyle was a hallucination/memory. I really thought from the trailer that he was physically coming back. I think this was the smarter storytelling choice since the show doesnt need any more characters. I really loved Kyle had the soft spoken, calm demeanor. Still boyish and filled with hope for future. (Get a grip Lyn, don't sob.) On the other hand, what the heck was Makeup thinking allow such a travesty of facial hair?

I really liked that the doctor didn't try to escape or call the cops, she just wanted to help Sarah. Most times in shows, hostages just try to escape, I'm glad this doctor just wanted to do what most likely led to her being in that profession -- to help people.

I was really disappointed in the show not letting John or Cameron do anything more than hang out at the hospital. Big thumbs up for Costuming for John's outfit, he is totally beginning to fill out the image of the man who could save the world. I am going to have consider the show to be three parts right now. S1 was John the boy wanting to grow up, S2 Fall was John the adolescent who lost direction, now this Spring he seems ready to take the role of commander to make the decisions.

Shirley Manson? I you. I think she adds the perfect edge of danger and fear to the show. Something Riley and Jesse do not do. They are working against their own kind therefore are not only a hindrance to the heroes, they slow the entire pace of the show down. However, Weaver is such a mix of refined manners and intelligence that you feel at ease with her...until she goes on an emotionless bloody killing spree that's more brutal in execution (though gore mostly offscreen) than any I can recall at this time. Wicked.

Although I don't like the John Henry plotline since the actor is rather whiny, I do like the idea that he is the AI that will grow/offshoot into the AI that will destroy the world. Ellison's inability to realize how much he is betraying humankind is frustrating. His desire to play a god by thinking he can teach the computer morality is such hubris. But I'm hoping before his own personal doom he will realize this and I take some solace in that vindictive possibility.

There were other questions posed during the episode I wish I could remember to expound upon. But the only one I can remember is John Henry's question of why don't we have ball and socket for every joint? It was disappointing that Ellison was not smart enough to answer. Different joints have different strengths. While ball and socket are more flexible, they lack stability of hinge joints. Ball and socket human wouldn't have the stability and strength to lift, move, resist what a normal human could. Humanity is strengthened by our individual differences when we work together as unit. What may appear to be a flaw or weakness in one actually becomes an asset when paired with someone different.

Lydia made the punch!

Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
    I really liked that the doctor didn't try to escape or call the cops, she just wanted to help Sarah. Most times in shows, hostages just try to escape, I'm glad this doctor just wanted to do what most likely led to her being in that profession -- to help people.
    While I think the Doctor was someone who indeed had the genuine wish to help people, my impression was that she mainly helped Sarah, because she identified with her. Sarah's story clearly insinuated that she was a victim of domestic abuse and the Doctor related to that strongly, because she was in an abusive relationship with the deputy.

I really agree though, I enjoyed this episode a lot, especially the little moments between Sarah and Derek. It was interesting that before going into the surgery Sarah contacted Derek, unable to talk to John about the possibility of her own death. Derek understanding her unspoken request for him to take care of John in case she doesn't make it and his statement that she doesn't need to explain anything to him in the end, showed for me how strongly they bond over John and Kyle, even if they didn't interact much in the last couple of episodes. I really loved this little slice of insight into their relationship.

Comment

I found it hard to find fault with the episode on first glance, because I was just so happy it was back!

Overall, though, the fact that Cameron and John didn't really get to do anything was a bummer, but the everyone else had some good stuff. I don't really get why Jesse 'broke' Riley out of there, though, if she said Riley couldn't stay with her- presumably Riley has fake papers, since she was already in a foster family, so I don't really get why Jesse didn't just leave her alone.

The moments between John Henry and Weaver were pretty neat, she's got such an odd way of portraying her roboty frustration, which sort of doesn't make sense since she shouldn't have emotions, but she does know that her plan is going badly, so it makes sense that she would react badly... :/ idk.

I was pretty surprised, too, that Kyle was a hallucination, what with all the time travel this show does, but it was a pretty nice, if long winded, way to lead into the trust that has grown in the relationship between Derek and Sarah.

Comment

The episode was okay to me, but what I don't get is how Sarah got to the hospital.

Why didn't they just kill her?

Did they put a tracking devise on her, to find John perhaps?

Comment

^ They lead you to believe she got into her car and drove there herself, what with the burning of her car with all her blood evidence in it.

This was one of the better episodes. I loved the John Henry scenes! The one with Weaver was just insane, really creepy i thought. I hated the whole Kyle hallucination, that was just annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy View Post
            ^ They lead you to believe she got into her car and drove there herself, what with the burning of her car with all her blood evidence in it.

This was one of the better episodes. I loved the John Henry scenes! The one with Weaver was just insane, really creepy i thought. I hated the whole Kyle hallucination, that was just annoying.
            Yes, you're right. Thanks.

I thought they had done that, which needed an explanation like some tracking devise (in the previous episode, she passed out right when one of those robots approached, so I thought she had been captured).

So, she regained consciousness, and escaped in her car, despite the bullet wound. Still, it's unclear why she'd go to a hospital instead of back home (they usually avoid hospitals despite their wounds, and she decided to escape later also despite her wound in the leg), or why the robot let her go.

Comment

^ Your totally right about why she went to the hopsital! I never thought of that... Maybe she passed out in the car and the cops found her?

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy View Post
                ^ Your totally right about why she went to the hopsital! I never thought of that... Maybe she passed out in the car and the cops found her?
                That's what I had thought. She drove herself however far (maybe even all the way to the hospital in her delirium), and then was found and taken into the emergency room. But she was most likely found with the vehicle which explains why they knew it was hers, and then been impounded and taken back to the police station.

For me the real question was why she was in a private recovery room and the hospital had not removed the bullet from her. It's usually treat first, ask questions later. Particularly if she was an unconscious non threat.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy
                  That's what I had thought. She drove herself however far (maybe even all the way to the hospital in her delirium), and then was found and taken into the emergency room. But she was most likely found with the vehicle which explains why they knew it was hers, and then been impounded and taken back to the police station.
                  Good idea.

It's still not clear how she eluded the robot, though.

Originally posted by Ehlwyen
                  For me the real question was why she was in a private recovery room and the hospital had not removed the bullet from her. It's usually treat first, ask questions later. Particularly if she was an unconscious non threat.
                  Yeah, that's another unanswered question.
                  Last edited by EvilVampire; 03-03-09, 05:28 PM.

Comment

I don’t think the hoverbot was a threat. It was probably just a prototype reconnaissance information gatherer. Which considering the one person who escaped the factory slaughter now has the hoverbot, it’s possible that he saw Sarah, recognized there was a security breach, and decided to make moves to steal the hoverbot and make his own escape.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

I don’t think the hoverbot was a threat. It was probably just a prototype reconnaissance information gatherer. Which considering the one person who escaped the factory slaughter now has the hoverbot, it’s possible that he saw Sarah, recognized there was a security breach, and decided to make moves to steal the hoverbot and make his own escape.
                      An unarmed prototype is good theory.

I'm not sure about the other part, though. I mean, if there's a security breach, the reaction "steal the hoverbot and get out" seems unusual at best. I'm not even sure how he managed to steal the hoverbot. Why didn't Weaver just take it, or destroy it as well?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilVampire View Post
                        I mean, if there's a security breach, the reaction "steal the hoverbot and get out" seems unusual at best.
                        I agree! Everyone else followed protocol and believed themselves protected by the company. And it is normal to believe in the hand that feeds you. I would definitely call his actions unusual, but I'd say that's why he is alive.

I'm guessing this guy was extra paranoid about the company already.

I'm not even sure how he managed to steal the hoverbot. Why didn't Weaver just take it, or destroy it as well?
                        Good question. I'm guessing the person had it off site and did not log its removal into the computer. I don't think Weaver is aware of it being missing? Or perhaps this prototype is that important to her endgame that she couldn't destroy it?

Apparently, even though a machine, Weaver isn't connected into every piece of data that would be relevant to her interests. She's not like an internet supercomputer like Skynet or John Henry.

I would hazard to guess that a desire for autonomy and individualism is her reason. It's not simply enough to be a machine that is aware. Perhaps, the sheer amount of information might overwhelm any uniqueness in identity or problem-solving abilities she has developed.

Or perhaps being connected into the larger computer/internet workings makes her more vulnerable to attacked or having her secrets revealed.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Good question. I'm guessing the person had it off site and did not log its removal into the computer. I don't think Weaver is aware of it being missing? Or perhaps this prototype is that important to her endgame that she couldn't destroy it?

Apparently, even though a machine, Weaver isn't connected into every piece of data that would be relevant to her interests. She's not like an internet supercomputer like Skynet or John Henry.

I would hazard to guess that a desire for autonomy and individualism is her reason. It's not simply enough to be a machine that is aware. Perhaps, the sheer amount of information might overwhelm any uniqueness in identity or problem-solving abilities she has developed.

Or perhaps being connected into the larger computer/internet workings makes her more vulnerable to attacked or having her secrets revealed.
                          Perhaps, though the base of the hovercraft (they usually operated from there, it seems) had to be in the companies' database, so Weaver could have found it, even though she wasn't plugged in.

By the way, it seems Cameron doesn't have the ability to just plug into computers, so I guess maybe neither does Weaver (even though she's more advanced), though I suppose she can interact with other terminators under her control, if she has some, over distances without verbal communication.

Comment

Working...
                          X