Ghost Whisperer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Whisperer

Is anyone watching season four of GW? Because I just saw episode six last night and I was left stunned.
    Spoiler:
    I was crying and sobbing because Jim is dead. Sorry about the spoiler but I had to come here and write about it because I still can?t believe it. Jim is gone....

What the hell is gonna happen now???

Originally posted by buffyholic View Post
    Spoiler:
    Is anyone watching season four of GW? Because I just saw episode six last night and I was left stunned. I was crying and sobbing because Jim is dead. Sorry about the spoiler but I had to come here and write about it because I still can?t believe it. Jim is gone....

What the hell is gonna happen now???
    Go watch the full eps online - they are dealing with it.......I'm not wild about the *way* they are handling it, but they are handling the issue!
    sigpic

Comment

I was surprised and pleased at the same time with this change. They took on an enormous risk by killing off Jim. He is always Melinda?s support, Melinda takes a lot of strenght from him. I?m actually curious to see how this will turn out and I suspect that I?m gonna cry a lot on the next episode.

Comment

Pfff I'm totally weired out and crying... this episode just aired here and I am totally shocked. I'm not a very loyal viewer, just watch it when I am able to, when I'm not doing anything else.

In any case. WTF???
        What is this good for?

Comment

Just saw episode 7 yesterday and I was disappointed. I was crying until the wake but from there the ep just went downhill. First, I have no problem with the "we were better for knowing him" speech but then he put on the music and everyone started dancing and laughing, and I was like: "This is a joke, right!". It sounded so unreal. Second, Jim was being so selfish, so stupid. He wanted to be with Melinda, carry on living with her, essentially keeping her away from real life. So unlike Jim! Melinda was ready to let him go in peace but then he jumped to another body.
          I wanted the writers to take the story to another level. Jim could still be dead, and I would love to see Melinda struggling with her grief and she could harbor some anger towards her ghosts now. That would be interesting but no.

Anyone else feels this way or Am I being too picky?

Comment

Just saw episode 7 yesterday and I was disappointed. I was crying until the wake but from there the ep just went downhill. First, I have no problem with the "we were better for knowing him" speech but then he put on the music and everyone started dancing and laughing, and I was like: "This is a joke, right!". It sounded so unreal. Second, Jim was being so selfish, so stupid. He wanted to be with Melinda, carry on living with her, essentially keeping her away from real life. So unlike Jim! Melinda was ready to let him go in peace but then he jumped to another body.
            I wanted the writers to take the story to another level. Jim could still be dead, and I would love to see Melinda struggling with her grief and she could harbor some anger towards her ghosts now. That would be interesting but no.

Anyone else feels this way or Am I being too picky?
            Nope, I feel the same way! I'm not at all fond of the direction they are going here - I'll be interested to hear your thoughts after you've seen a few more eps!
            sigpic

Comment

I?ve seen episode 8 and I?m losing interest fast. The whole Jim/Sam storyline just became more creepy for me: for other people Sam has Sam?s face but for Melinda he has Jim?s face. And I?m thinking: What the hell? And I can?t help but feel that Melinda is also being extremely selfish. This guy has a family, has a home and she just wants to take that away, just for the chance that this guy may be Jim. It?s infuriating!
              And then both Delia and the ghost are rooting for Melinda. Delia even asks her to put on some lipgloss. How much longer is this storyline gonna last? Because a couple more episodes like this and I?m done.

Comment

I?ve seen episode 8 and I?m losing interest fast. The whole Jim/Sam storyline just became more creepy for me: for other people Sam has Sam?s face but for Melinda he has Jim?s face. And I?m thinking: What the hell? And I can?t help but feel that Melinda is also being extremely selfish. This guy has a family, has a home and she just wants to take that away, just for the chance that this guy may be Jim. It?s infuriating!
                And then both Delia and the ghost are rooting for Melinda. Delia even asks her to put on some lipgloss. How much longer is this storyline gonna last? Because a couple more episodes like this and I?m done.
                Yes the whole Jim's face/Sam's face thing can get kinda creepy. Did you see the ep where Jim actually died? They left *no* room for doubt that Sam the spirit died and went into the light. Jim's spirit wouldn't leave Melinda and go into the light like she asked him to do. Jim's spirit just saw an singular opportunity to hop into an unoccupied body because he couldn't bear to leave Melinda.

Now I am *not* in love with this storyline, but I don't find it as creepy as some other members. Melinda *saw* Jim take over that body - she's not just *hoping* it's Jim - it *is* Jim. So, why all the hesitation like she's a high school girl? It's Jim. Melinda loves Jim. Why not act like it? She may never keep him if she doesn't abandon the whole "him chase me" strategy.

But it does seem that the memories we're seeing of Sam's RL are not anything he would miss and it's Sam/Jim that is choosing to turn away from his old life, not Melinda forcing him.

Clearly they are finding a way to get them back together, and I hope to God it's better than what they are feeding us now.

I don't know how much longer I can stand this crap, either!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cinderela View Post
                  Yes the whole Jim's face/Sam's face thing can get kinda creepy. Did you see the ep where Jim actually died? They left *no* room for doubt that Sam the spirit died and went into the light. Jim's spirit wouldn't leave Melinda and go into the light like she asked him to do. Jim's spirit just saw an singular opportunity to hop into an unoccupied body because he couldn't bear to leave Melinda.

Now I am *not* in love with this storyline, but I don't find it as creepy as some other members. Melinda *saw* Jim take over that body - she's not just *hoping* it's Jim - it *is* Jim. So, why all the hesitation like she's a high school girl? It's Jim. Melinda loves Jim. Why not act like it? She may never keep him if she doesn't abandon the whole "him chase me" strategy.

But it does seem that the memories we're seeing of Sam's RL are not anything he would miss and it's Sam/Jim that is choosing to turn away from his old life, not Melinda forcing him.

Clearly they are finding a way to get them back together, and I hope to God it's better than what they are feeding us now.

I don't know how much longer I can stand this crap, either!
                  Yes, Sam?s spirit went into the light and Jim took that chance. But it feels so unlike Jim. He also said Melinda that he believed her from the first time because he wanted to believe there was something after death, that the relatives were gonna be at peace, knowing that the spirit was okay. And now, things are really messed up. Jim is there alright, but it seems the whole amnesia thing is just to bring them closer and show how they are gonna fall in love. It seems a cheap trick to induce some tears and I don?t like that.

btw, I also have a problem with Ned. He was a small boy at the end of season two, and then in S3 he?s a teenager! Just feels rushed.
                  What do you think?

Comment

Yes, Sam?s spirit went into the light and Jim took that chance. But it feels so unlike Jim. He also said Melinda that he believed her from the first time because he wanted to believe there was something after death, that the relatives were gonna be at peace, knowing that the spirit was okay. And now, things are really messed up. Jim is there alright, but it seems the whole amnesia thing is just to bring them closer and show how they are gonna fall in love. It seems a cheap trick to induce some tears and I don?t like that.

btw, I also have a problem with Ned. He was a small boy at the end of season two, and then in S3 he?s a teenager! Just feels rushed.
                    What do you think?
                    Same as you! I hate this arc - JLH is a producer - I wonder if any of this crap is her doing. There just doesn't seem to be any *point* to all of this!

Also, same problem with Ned - everything about this season doesn't feel right. I hope there is a real plot to all this and the show is not just ruined - I've always liked until this season.
                    sigpic

Comment

You know what really gets me mad? The fact that they chickened out and preferred another way out. Instead of risking things and making the show fresh and daring, they bailed out on us (the viewers) and chose an easy way out. I would have loved to see Melinda struggle with her grief, and being not so gentle with her ghosts, even blame them for losing Jim. And then, Professor Payne would come back because I really hate Eli. What does he do?

Cinderela, in what episode are you in? I just saw episode 9 yesterday.

Comment

You know what really gets me mad? The fact that they chickened out and preferred another way out. Instead of risking things and making the show fresh and daring, they bailed out on us (the viewers) and chose an easy way out. I would have loved to see Melinda struggle with her grief, and being not so gentle with her ghosts, even blame them for losing Jim. And then, Professor Payne would come back because I really hate Eli. What does he do?

Cinderela, in what episode are you in? I just saw episode 9 yesterday.
                        Ep 16 "Ghost Busted" - (Eli *hears* ghosts, but doesn't *see* them.)

And I totally your idea of Melinda being ticked off at the ghosts for losing Jim.

Spoiler:
                        but it hasn't happened yet. And I don't see it happening in the near future, either.

If this doesn't resolve it self, this is my last season watching the show!
                        sigpic

Comment

So THAT is what's going on!! I saw about 5 min of an episode last Friday and, after seeing Melinda treating who I thought was Jim, not this "Jim/Sam", as if they were just dating, I figured I must be watching a super old episode! So I turned it off. I did see the episode where Jim died..well the first half anyway...that is why I was confused. I thought...why is Jim still here? I rarely watch GW, only if there is nothing else on, but this seems like a pretty pointless arc. Like you guys have pointed out, killing Jim for good would have been a far more powerful character-building move.
                          I have loved you. - Ser Jorah Mormont

Comment

Cinderela, are you telling me that up to ep.16 it?s the same thing regarding this storyline? Can I just tune in for the finale? Because I am really losing my interest and I tell you something else, if they want a fifth season, they are gonna have to change a lot of things. And bring professor Payne back!

Comment

Cinderela, are you telling me that up to ep.16 it?s the same thing regarding this storyline? Can I just tune in for the finale? Because I am really losing my interest and I tell you something else, if they want a fifth season, they are gonna have to change a lot of things. And bring professor Payne back!
                              Well..........
                              Spoiler:
                              yes regarding the Jim/Sam thing. If you want more spoiling.......
                              Spoiler:
                              She does tell Jim/Sam in one of those eps about her "gift" and he starts getting used to her helping ghosts. In this last ep from yesterday (sorry about the typo earlier- yesterday is ep 4.18 "Leap of Faith"), she *finally* tells him about Jim giong into Sam's body.......his reaction is not all she could have hoped for!
                              sigpic

Comment

Well, I watched ep. 10, Ball and Chain, last night and I was surprised with how good it was. Aside the weirdness that is the Sam/Jim storyline, the weekly plot was good and exciting and it even made me cry at the end. (I cry a lot on GW). Although it was pretty dumb of Melinda to go to Liz?s house alone. She knew that Roger was dangerous, and that he could be home, so she should have brought backup. I?ve figured something: when they don?t focus so much on Melinda and Sam/Jim, we actually have a good episode.

Cinderela, I don?t know if you?re heard or read already, but GW was renewed for a fifth season.

Comment

Ok so I have just started to wath this siriously, becouse here it ears in between Medium(wich I love and follow quite fangirly) and reruns of Supernatural (yeah you heard supernatural...reruns..every sunday) And I have to say I really don't like the whole Jim/Sam storyline. Not only is it weak, but it alsow to shows a very ego tripping melinda. Here she is telling other people to move on and in the same time hoping for her love to remeber her and live happily ever after. I don't know just feels wrong. And I agree with Buffyholic when they don't focus on Jim/Sam we have a pretty good episode. And what happend tot eh proffesor? I like the actor playing Eli but as a carachter he is pretty weak IMO.

Spoiler:
                                  So I am spoilerin gthis just in case... Wathed the episode last night where the gosht was this boy run over buy a lawn mowing truck. And I really liked the episode it was good and a powerfull story of what lying will do to ya. But you know what made me sqee happy the fact that Jim/Sam wnet out to look for nicole at the end of the episode. I hope that will end up bringing something back to him. You know what I really hope that Sam wil be just Sam at the end of this all
                                  Awesome Icon/Banner made by Bre
                                  sigpic

Comment

Mara, I saw that episode yesterday! We?re in synch.
                                    I really liked the episode and again, it didn?t focus so much on Sam/Jim storline, so yeah! You know, your comment on Melinda is right on and I totally agree with you. She is being extremely selfish and what bugs me is that his family will never really know what happened to Sam( the real one). And can I just say that the whole face thing still bothers me.

Question:
                                    Now that you know the show will be renewed, what are some changes you want to see? Or do you think the show doesn?t need any changes?

Comment

That's a good point, she is going against verything she supposidly believes in buy leaving sam's familiy in the dark about the real Sam. As far as the face thing goes doesn'y bother me that much really, but I would like to see more of the real Sam I love the guy playing Jim. But it just fits with the whole idea of accepting his death that i would like to see the sam actor a bit more.

Anyway the fifth season I really hope we would be rid of the Sam/Jim story line. I mean I woud even perfer Melinda and gosht Jim than this... It would be great to see Melinda grief as was pointed out earlier. It would alsow be intresting for her to meet someone new. As for the gost stories I am a sucer for heaven and Hell so it might be cool to explore a bit more about what the white light is. But in general put the Sam Jim thing away and keep telling wonderfull movins stories I never get tierd of that
                                      Awesome Icon/Banner made by Bre
                                      sigpic

Comment

So Jim yreally dies? That's going to be sad, from what I read from here it's also going to be confusing but I will probably still watch it.

Mara- I agree with you, there was a episode not too long ago (Can't remeber exactly) where a ghost had killed someone previously and I was thinking it would be interesting to see the ghost be afraid of going into the light, afterall what if they are going to hell? But I guess GW doesn't think of that, but the ghost I am thinking of might have killed by accident I am not sure.

Hilda Celeriac: You better tell me everything or I am gonna go Lex Luthor on your ass!
                                        Hey guys, if you know Amber is coming to Brisbane or anywhere near it, then page me (Well PM, just referencing Buffy)

Comment

Working...
                                        X