2x17 Carnal Knowledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2x17 Carnal Knowledge

WHOA! That's really all I can say about the end of this last episode....is it just me, or was Dan being a little quick to sleep with Ms. Carr right then given all the song and dance he and Serena have been going through about sleeping with other people? Maybe it was a reaction to the breakup with Serena but....I don't know, he didn't seem too upset about it. In any case, as much as the idea squicked me before, I have to admit, that kiss at the end was kind of hot... The sex perhaps not so much--I'm kind of glad they kept it in the dark....but wow, now that she is going to be teaching at Constance again things should be VERY interesting! I can't wait to see what happens....

In any case, this episode turned out to be much better than I was expecting from the premiere. Dan wasn't really cheating (yet) with Ms. Carr before breaking up with Serena, there turned out to be a deeper, more intriguing interesting about Chuck's dad to the "I woke up after the best night evah!" mystery hinted at in the promo (though I still think it's ridiculous that Chuck is saying that woman is the most beautiful girl he's ever seen--give me a break! And even as much as I've been turned off C/B by 2x15, it still annoys me that he's acting like he never loved Blair and womanizing and thinking about this Elle--I don't know, I think that writers suffer from some continuity problems there ), we got some awesome Rufus!drama/tension (and we got to see that R/L are still a couple, awww!), a jibe about Jenny's racoon!makeup (I called it!), and Nate and Vanessa being COMPLETELY ADORABLE!

Seriously, them teasing Chuck about the house and playing on the piano together laughing and then Nate's gig with the package and blindfold....too cute! Just like they were last week as well. I love that for once on TV we have a happy, adorable couple that we just get to see a glimpse of every now and then, though I worry about their future, given what usually happens to such happy couples on shows like this (or TV shows PERIOD). I hope it's not that he suddenly wants Jenny again, because that would be way too inconsistent/flip-floppy, especially given his big choice in the dance epp and the way he has been so happy with Vanessa the last few epps. I think the Jenny thing might just have been proximity in the house and stuff during that time--friendship feelings briefly crossed the line. At least that's the most likely explanation I can think of....

Worst part of the epp: Blair having Dorota clean up for her and then snapping at her to go faster--that's not cool Blair! *hugs Dorota* I like Dorota's line about the martyr act being no good....and her covert mission to recover the phones, lol. I just love Dorota, period! I'm glad Blair's dad saw the real her for once, he really is naive about her...esp. after that Christmas epp last season!

Oh and I'm sad the puppy is leaving....he was so cute to look at!

Finally, I now have "Don't Stand So Close To Me" playing in my head....

PS--it just occurred to me--what happened to the "Inconceivable!" guy?! Did he just disappear after the wedding? Or I guess maybe he's off with Eleanor and that's why Blair's dad is there, to visit and keep her company while her mom is gone.../random
    Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Originally posted by sherrilina
    WHOA! That's really all I can say about the end of this last episode....is it just me, or was Dan being a little quick to sleep with Ms. Carr right then given all the song and dance he and Serena have been going through about sleeping with other people? Maybe it was a reaction to the breakup with Serena but....I don't know, he didn't seem too upset about it. In any case, as much as the idea squicked me before, I have to admit, that kiss at the end was kind of hot... The sex perhaps not so much--I'm kind of glad they kept it in the dark....but wow, now that she is going to be teaching at Constance again things should be VERY interesting! I can't wait to see what happens....
    I agree, that kiss was rather hot. Yes the whole teacher sleeps with her student thing is a cliché (and Josh Schwartz seems to have a thing for that dynamic, it was already mentioned on The O.C. when Zack made out with his tutor) but I'm still curious how they will explore this. Will Ms Carr go back to Constance and keep seeing Dan? That's gonna be difficult to manage.

As to why Dan was so quick to sleep with Ms Carr: well first of all he is a horny teenage boy. Secondly, things between him and Serena have been iffy for a while (their parents dating, their shared sibling, the whole college situation) so he might have seen the breakup coming and thus it didn't hit him so hard. At least that's my theory.

In any case, this episode turned out to be much better than I was expecting from the premiere. Dan wasn't really cheating (yet) with Ms. Carr before breaking up with Serena, there turned out to be a deeper, more intriguing interesting about Chuck's dad to the "I woke up after the best night evah!" mystery hinted at in the promo (though I still think it's ridiculous that Chuck is saying that woman is the most beautiful girl he's ever seen--give me a break! And even as much as I've been turned off C/B by 2x15, it still annoys me that he's acting like he never loved Blair and womanizing and thinking about this Elle--I don't know, I think that writers suffer from some continuity problems there ), we got some awesome Rufus!drama/tension (and we got to see that R/L are still a couple, awww!), a jibe about Jenny's racoon!makeup (I called it!), and Nate and Vanessa being COMPLETELY ADORABLE!

Seriously, them teasing Chuck about the house and playing on the piano together laughing and then Nate's gig with the package and blindfold....too cute! Just like they were last week as well. I love that for once on TV we have a happy, adorable couple that we just get to see a glimpse of every now and then, though I worry about their future, given what usually happens to such happy couples on shows like this (or TV shows PERIOD). I hope it's not that he suddenly wants Jenny again, because that would be way too inconsistent/flip-floppy, especially given his big choice in the dance epp and the way he has been so happy with Vanessa the last few epps. I think the Jenny thing might just have been proximity in the house and stuff during that time--friendship feelings briefly crossed the line. At least that's the most likely explanation I can think of....
    This episode left me feeling rather blah. I thought the Chuck subplot was exceptionally boring and him saying that Elle was the most beautiful woman in the world and acting as if Blair never existed pissed me off. Yeah Nate and Vanessa were cute together but I don't really ship them or care about them that much so I wasn't really squeeing over their scenes.

Worst part of the epp: Blair having Dorota clean up for her and then snapping at her to go faster--that's not cool Blair! *hugs Dorota* I like Dorota's line about the martyr act being no good....and her covert mission to recover the phones, lol. I just love Dorota, period! I'm glad Blair's dad saw the real her for once, he really is naive about her...esp. after that Christmas epp last season!
    I couldn't agree more! The way Blair treated Dorota was inexcusable. I hate that they turned Blair into this petty, unlikeable character in just a few episodes. She used to be bitchy cool, now she just seems like a spoilt, childish brat to me. I hope the writers will turn this around soon because I want to root for Blair again, I mean she is one of my favourite characters after all.

PS--it just occurred to me--what happened to the "Inconceivable!" guy?! Did he just disappear after the wedding? Or I guess maybe he's off with Eleanor and that's why Blair's dad is there, to visit and keep her company while her mom is gone.../random
    I guess he and Eleanor are still off on their honeymoon somewhere (probably Paris). Maybe now that Harold has flown back to France, Eleanor and Cyrus will reappear.

What else was noteworthy? Oh yeah I gotta give props to the show for having one of my favourite Dandy Warhols songs, "Mission Control", in this episode.

So on the whole, this was definitely not my favourite episode of season 2 and I hope that when the show comes back in March (since we are apparently on another mini-hiatus right now), it will pick up again and turn my favourite characters Chuck and Blair into the interesting and cool characters again that they used to be.

Comment

I liked this episode! Blair was finally BAD! yay! And no ending in which she feels sorry and makes everything righe again! Sure, Chuck's story was kind of out of blue, and Nate and Vanessa were even more useless than usual (why are they still there? Do people really care about them... But I appreciated the attempt to making them part of story by helping Chuck in his search...). And can Serena make a decision on her own? She changes her mind every three seconds, depending on what Dan or Blair are telling her.
      Finally, I liked how Jenny didn't almost appear for the whole episode, and how she's lost her racoon- make up.
      And the Teacher-Student affair was actually handled in a way that made it interesting, despite of my fears. Overall I found it a very enjoyable episode.
      What? You?ve taught a psycho killer demon how to be human by making him watch Sex and the City?

1.02 Never been kissed OUT NOW/ 1.03 Damned by the bell COMING SOON

Comment

Originally posted by Cori View Post
        I agree, that kiss was rather hot. Yes the whole teacher sleeps with her student thing is a cliché (and Josh Schwartz seems to have a thing for that dynamic, it was already mentioned on The O.C. when Zack made out with his tutor) but I'm still curious how they will explore this. Will Ms Carr go back to Constance and keep seeing Dan? That's gonna be difficult to manage.
        I wouldn't say that if a writer/producer comes up with tiny story lines twice in different shows that he has a thing for it. It's just a sideline... I had completely forgotten about the O.C. and all in all it's completely different I think

As to why Dan was so quick to sleep with Ms Carr: well first of all he is a horny teenage boy. Secondly, things between him and Serena have been iffy for a while (their parents dating, their shared sibling, the whole college situation) so he might have seen the breakup coming and thus it didn't hit him so hard. At least that's my theory.
        oh man... Dan/Serena.... how often can they break them up and put them back together when there's so little chemistry to begin with????
        Good, they're split, now lets keep them that way!!! I want Serena to be with a strong individual. One that makes her alive and not so winy!

As for Dan sleeping with Ms Carr.. sigh..... predictable and predictable
        The scene was okay though. I kept hoping that the head mistress would knock on the door, instead of just calling
        Also this actress looks soooo young... she could've easily been a student, I don't buy her being a teacher.

This episode left me feeling rather blah. I thought the Chuck subplot was exceptionally boring and him saying that Elle was the most beautiful woman in the world and acting as if Blair never existed pissed me off.
        Yeah, I agree. The Chuck subplot was from no where and boring indeed!
        Also how they are making Blair 'bad' is annoying me too! She used to be a cool bitch. Sure she was a bitch, but she had something going with that. Now she's just a spoiled ignorant brat!
        How her father sees her and how her father reacted to her was pretty cool though
        The way she treated Dorota was insane! I don't understand why Dorota keeps up with that crap? Why she takes those orders when they are insane and spoiled like that? Why is Dorota her personal housekeeper? Is she her nanny?
        I don't get that relationship.

All in all a mediocre episode, filled with annoying things... lol
        Hope they'll be able to pull Blair back up to her normal and cool bitchyness.

Comment

Working...
        X