Charmed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charmed!

Anyone watching Charmed? Even though it ended ages ago, do you still watch it? I find it addicting. I bought all eight seasons yesterday!
    Phoebe
    46.43%
    Piper
    42.86%
    Paige
    10.71%
    Prew
    0.00%
    Well, I can sparkle like Edward too!

Yes, even though it ended aaaages ago I still find myself watching it. Have 7 out of 8 seasons still need the last one.
    What's your fav season?

Joss
    Fire bad tree pretty

Comment

Originally posted by spuffy4life View Post
      What's your fav season?

Joss
      This is a though question. I liked all the seasons quite a bit, but when Prue died I think the show got kinda dumb. I didn't like the character Paige too much. I'm going to go with the third season.
      Oz: Hey.
      Oz: That girl. Who is she?
      Devon: She's an exchange student. I think she's from South America.
      Oz: No, not her. The Eskimo!

Comment

Yes! I have all eight seasons and still watch em regularly! How can I not? During season 1-3 Prue was my favorite character, but after she died Piper became my favorite. Paige is also really cool and I just never seemed to like Phoebe...

As for seasons? It is a tough one! It is torn between season 3 and 4. Both are full of some amazing episodes! From "Prewitched" to "A Paige from the Past". It is really hard to pick a favorite.

Comment

I love Piper, I thought she was the funniest of the sisters and I just warmed to her more. I also liked Prue I didn't like Paige as much I was fed up when Prue died. I think my favourite season would have to be Season 1 or 2, I much preferred the earlier episodes.
          sigpic

Comment

Agreed, pipers a very good character. Prue was awesome. always loved her. Probably the best Prue moment was in "blinded by a whitelighter" after Piper freezes...(can't think of her name I'll just call her the other whitelighter lol) and leaves the room and Prues sitting there a with a big smile on her face. "Piper froze ya" hehehe cracks me up everytime.
            Season 1 and 2 were both good, the way the characters slowly progressed and became closer. But it was sad to see Andy go in season 1. So not a big fan of it I still kinda wonder if they maybe should have turned him into a whitelighter like they did with Agent Brody. Oh well a girl can dream. Anyway, season 1 and 2 were good. I must admit I do like Prue better then Paige but they had to fill the space somehow I guess. ( as mean as that sounds) Hey think of it this way, if Paige didnt come into the picture we would have been stuck with only 3 seasons and not the entire 8 that we have now see silverlining lol. Ok that was my little babblefest.
            Favourite Charmed ship?

Joss
            Fire bad tree pretty

Comment

Cole/Phoebe all the way.

Cole is my favorite character, the show really shined when he was on. The show was the best in s4 when the bad guy story was the most interesting and there was the least cheese.

But Cole is cool!

Favorite Big Bad
              "I never learned from a man who agreed with me.'" Robert Heinlen

Comment

Ok thats fair enough, personally I love the Piper/Leo ship and the Prue/Bane ship, they should have brought him back before Prue died lol is my thoughts they were a good couple, as short as it was. And as badly timed as it was, you gotta admit there is some definate sparkage there lol. Pheobe and coop in season 8 very good, happy that Pheobe finally finds her happy ending

Do you think they should have had a nineth season on Charmed or was eight enough?

Joss
                Fire bad tree pretty

Comment

Yes! I have all the Seasons of Charmed and, granted, I don't like it as much as Buffy, it's still an good show...

Personally I like Piper the best. She's just amazing and...well...I've always liked her better. I have never liked Prue. There was just something about her that I just didn't like. You know what it is, it's probably because I don't like the actress

I loved Paige and Phoebe, but not as much as Piper, which is why I like the later season's better...except I don't know which is my favourite season...

Probably Season 5/6 is my favourite season, partially because it's Phoebe/Jason which is my favourite ship ...but Jason is hot so...yeah

And no, definately NOT a ninth season. To be fair, there shouldn't have been an Eighth. I don't like it.

sigpic
                  ♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

Comment

Hahaha, yeah definately not as good as Buffy.
                    The Phoebe/Jason ship just didnt have it for me it was good but uh yeah. Anyway, yeah 9th season definately not, I liked the way they ended the 8th season got nothing against season 8 but a nineth season would ruin it.

Joss
                    Fire bad tree pretty

Comment

Piper. She was the reason I started watching in the first place. She was sweet and responsible but then after season 3 I started to dislike her because she became whiny. Frankly, I liked the two first seasons but then with season 3 and beyond, things became weird and I stopped liking.

Comment

To be honest, Piper was more adult like in the first few seasons you're right. Its great when she first meets Leo, even if she's completely oblivious to the fact that he's actually a supernatural being. I love their relationship, its so sweet. Season 3 she is ok, I love the episode they decide its time to move out, and end up facing shadow the witches familiar. The flash backs in that episode are really good, showing how much the three sisters have grown. and how Phoebe came to leave in the first place. well sorta anyway, was that ever really explained? Because I know it has something to do with Roger but thats it. Anyone know?

Joss
                        Fire bad tree pretty

Comment

Originally posted by Revan View Post
                          Cole/Phoebe all the way.

Cole is my favorite character, the show really shined when he was on. The show was the best in s4 when the bad guy story was the most interesting and there was the least cheese.

But Cole is cool!

Favorite Big Bad
                          I gotta go with ya, Revan! Cole/Phoebe all the way.....and S4 with Phoebe *knowingly* marrying the Source of all Evil.........and all the consequences of that choice........good stuff.

But, (without the cheesy MOTW), I thought it was still good after Wyatt came. Clearly, raising a magical child is no walk in the park! Chris, not so much - not a fan.

S8 was good after they disposed of the lame shape shifting plot device from the previous season finale. They took their time and wound up the series all the way to a totally, totally awesome series finale.

Never a Pru fan, but I loved Piper when she wasn't whining.....that "normal life" crap got on my last nerve - Note to Piper - you were *born* one of the most powerful witches in the history of time - you are *MARRIED* to an *ANGEL* and you gave birth to "the most power magical child *ever* born"! HELLO, he's the master of Excaliber! YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO HAVE A NORMAL LIFE! Deal with it. Your reality will never reach "normal" on *any* scale.

Of course I still watch - but no DVD's yet - I just finished collecting Angel, Dexter, Burn Notice and Dresden files. I'll be scouring for Charmed next!
                          sigpic

Comment

PIPER has always and will always be my favorite sister/charmed one. I love the actress and I dunno...I have always liked Piper the best. Pheobe and Paige are kinda tied in second place as I go back and forth depending on episodes. I really love these three the best when it comes to actresses/sisters.

I'm not the biggest Prue fan, but I think that mostly has to do with me not liking the actress, and the way she "acts". I dunno...I just never felt a connection with her. She got on my nerves alot, and I have to say I wasn't sad when she died. I was more sad seeing Piper and Pheobe mourn for her more than anything else. The episode where Piper turned into a fury and brusted into tears, crying/yelling at Prue's grave broke my heart.

I really hated season 8. I think there might have been 2 episodes that I liked, and the finale wasn't half bad. I REALLY believe they should have ended it with season 7, and kinda wish I could just erase season 8 from my mind. I hated Billie and Christy, and how the show moved away from the sisters in a way. To me it was all kind of pointless, and I loved how they ended it in season 7 with beating the big bad and doing the identity change. I think it wrapped everything up great and should have just left it at that.

Oh, and definitly a Piper/Leo and Pheobe/Cole fan! Can I get a w00t w00t!

Comment

I've been watching it as kinda a guilty pleasure now for two years. Watch it on TNT in the mornings when I have time. Its not Buffy or anything in terms of deep writing and whatnot but it's just fun for me. My favorite all-around character is probably Piper, though moreso after Prue died and she became the oldest. However in seasons 1-3 I'm a big Prue fan. But then again I'm attracted to the tough and reserved girl anyway. Love Leo too, he's such an all-around good guy and I don't think those types of heroes get enough love these days. Too much with the dark and brooding these days, imo. Leo's a bit more "Superman" in a "Batman" society.

My favorite season probably is six, just because I thought loved Chris as an addition to the main cast, and felt the overall arc of the season involving saving Wyatt and all that to be the strongest, at least when overlooking the time travel inconsistencies.

I agree that season 8 is pretty weak. Aside from a rather weak arc to wrap things up, it bugs me to no end that Leo was written off from nearly the entirety of the season's second half minus the finale due to budget constraints. Especially when they went and added a brand new main character in Billie. I don't know if they could have afforded to keep Brian Krause for the full season had Billie not been a main, maybe not, but in any case it was far from a satisfying trade-off.

Comment

Originally posted by Sacred Knight View Post
                                I agree that season 8 is pretty weak. Aside from a rather weak arc to wrap things up, it bugs me to no end that Leo was written off from nearly the entirety of the season's second half minus the finale due to budget constraints. Especially when they went and added a brand new main character in Billie. I don't know if they could have afforded to keep Brian Krause for the full season had Billie not been a main, maybe not, but in any case it was far from a satisfying trade-off.
                                Agreed. That was one of my biggest draw back as well. I would have much rather have seen Leo get more screen time that Billie. Leo was apart of the show since the beginning, and one of my favorite (def my favorite in the male department, besides Cole). I know they were trying to go the whole next generation route with Billie, but I just did not care for it in the least. To me, introducing a new character like hers in the final season was pointless and it took stories away from the classic power of three episodes. When I watch Charmed I want to see the sister taking out the bad guys...not some blonde bimbo on a revenge kick that is always just getting into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by [erin nicole] View Post
                                  Agreed. That was one of my biggest draw back as well. I would have much rather have seen Leo get more screen time that Billie. Leo was apart of the show since the beginning, and one of my favorite (def my favorite in the male department, besides Cole). I know they were trying to go the whole next generation route with Billie, but I just did not care for it in the least. To me, introducing a new character like hers in the final season was pointless and it took stories away from the classic power of three episodes. When I watch Charmed I want to see the sister taking out the bad guys...not some blonde bimbo on a revenge kick that is always just getting into trouble.
                                  Yeah, I agree with you on that. I didn't dislike Billie but I do feel that her character was just pushed in the final season for no reason. I think she would've been good for like season 7 or something. I think they should've focused more on the sister's and I wish Leo had more screen time.

Also the ideas were running out. I feel some of the story lines became really stupid. Like when they start brining in the leprechaun and fairytale creatures. I thought that was extremely stupid!
                                  East Wick Season Two -Coming Soon-

Banner By: Pandora's Box

Comment

I'd have to say that my favorite character is Pheobe. Until season 5. I stopped watching Charmed all together in the beginning of season 5. It just started to get so dumb. I am so sick of Cole!

Spoiler:
                                    Cole is evil, Cole is good, Cole is evil, Cole is good. It's like a yoyo. Not only that but I thik we all know that the relationship between Cole and Pheobe could never work out. It's doomed. Kind of like Buffy and Angel were, Just different circumstances obviously. I pretty much stopped liking the show after season 4. I went out and bought seasons 1-5. But I havent even bothered to watch season 5 other than about 3 episodes. Like I said, I'm so sick of the whole Cole and Pheobe thing. It gets dragged on for far too long. Honestly, As much as I like Paige and Rose McGowan, The show kind of lost alot of it's touch after Prue died. She was kind of like the glue that kept the show together. She was the oldest sister. She was one of the original charmed ones. So without her, It's not the same. I might watch the rest of season 5. But I'm not sure yet. We'll have to see!
                                    Spike: "Aww, Poor watcher, Did your life flash before your eyes? Cup of tea, Cup of tea, Almost got shagged, Cup of tea"

Comment

I didn't mind season 5 so much, it was alright. Liked the vampire episode in season 4 (?)
                                      Spoiler:
                                      I do admit though the whole Cole good or evil thing did get annoying after a while. But was very glad when he finally did die!and that future episode of what it would be like without Paige as a charmed one was pretty good. Hehe love the whole sneeze and orb thing.

Over all Charmed was/is a really good show but doesn't have anything on Buffy..or Supernatural for that matter hehehe.

Joss
                                      Fire bad tree pretty

Comment

Working...
                                      X