4.13 "Fire in the Ice" Spoiler Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.13 "Fire in the Ice" Spoiler Discussion Thread

:eek: Woah!!!! Like, seriously! Loved this episode a lot; def. one of my favorites of the season. I really loved the new agent and was laughing when she thought Booth was hitting on her hehe. I adored Sweets talking to Booth about his father, and the fact that we finally learned something about Booth's family was so great! Def. a Booth eppy, and the fact that he was the primary suspect for the whole episode was just fantastic. However, again, the end seemed tacked on there for no apparent reason. We haven't heard about these three guys until the last scene where they confess? Seriously? IMO, this would've been a perfect episode if Wendell did NOT have an alibi, and it was revealed that Wendell killed him, and was tampering with the evidence the whole episode. I mean, he is temporary...right? I do like Wendell, but it would've made for a MUCH better end, IMO.

Still, the end was really bad (not the final scene; loved them skating together...aww!!!), but everything else was just amazing. A 9/10 - amazing, IMO, but it will probably go up on rewatches.

Besides the very cheesy dream sequence, I loved this episode.

Wendell is always a great intern (it was already his third time, when is Clark back?) and I love him being in a hockey team with Booth. Talking about Booth, episodes with a good story around his character are perfectness. I love it when they give him a bit depth. DB must have loved making this episode with all the hockey.

Comment

Thank goodness for this ep. It totally redeemed the wretchedness of the season premiere I had to slog through to get to it. Terrific ep -- and one of the two best interns, to boot.
      Cordially,
      Amuk

I didn't jump. I took a tiny step, and there conclusions were.
      Addicted to Buffy

Comment

Aaaack Ben! You wanted Wendell to be the murderer?!!!! HDU?!!! *huggles Wendell* He's been my favorite intern and seeing him reappear on the episode was like the biggest treat to me. I love how he bridges the gap between squints and Booth. It was so great to see Booth buddying up with him while playing hockey. And I loved that the gang went to see them both play hockey the first time.

I liked that Wendell and Hodgins buddied up too and went to the scene and investigated the fish tank. Hodgins has been so lonely this year, it was good to see him smile. Oh and I loved how Cam was looking out for Wendell as well. I really think Wendell fits with the gang so well. Him being a killer would have really distracted from the trust the group has been able to rebuild and the closure they've managed to create since Zack's betrayal. I'm glad the gang is finally moving back towards a group rather than fractured elements.

I think the fireman jewel heist reveal was actually interesting. It had been threaded through the episode with the pawned jewelry so it didn't feel too tacked on.

What else? I loved the faceoff between Sweets and Booth regarding his father issues. Wow. Booth's look would have intimidated a lion, but Sweets just stared him down without a blink of fear. Wow.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBoy View Post
          :eek: Woah!!!! Like, seriously! Loved this episode a lot; def. one of my favorites of the season. I really loved the new agent and was laughing when she thought Booth was hitting on her hehe. I adored Sweets talking to Booth about his father, and the fact that we finally learned something about Booth's family was so great! Def. a Booth eppy, and the fact that he was the primary suspect for the whole episode was just fantastic. However, again, the end seemed tacked on there for no apparent reason. We haven't heard about these three guys until the last scene where they confess? Seriously? IMO, this would've been a perfect episode if Wendell did NOT have an alibi, and it was revealed that Wendell killed him, and was tampering with the evidence the whole episode. I mean, he is temporary...right? I do like Wendell, but it would've made for a MUCH better end, IMO.

Still, the end was really bad (not the final scene; loved them skating together...aww!!!), but everything else was just amazing. A 9/10 - amazing, IMO, but it will probably go up on rewatches.
          Hmm, I have to disagree....while it was a good episode, I didn't think it was particularly outstanding--I enjoyed the first circus epp much more. I also felt the end was a little tacked on...and what do you mean we finally learn something about Booth's family? We already knew about his brother, and in that same epp already knew that his father had been an alcoholic....I didn't find anything too revealing on the family front this epp, though it was nice to see the reveal into Booth's inner psyche...and I love that he told Brennan right off the bat what his dream had told him, while he refuses point blank to tell Sweets--it just shows the love and trust he has for Brennan. The ice-skating scene was also pure --definitely the highlight of the epp, and probably one of my fave B/B scenes of the season or series, it was just too darn cute! And the way he totally dismisses the new agent as well, saying "Nothing is going to change between...."

Originally posted by Nina View Post
          Besides the very cheesy dream sequence, I loved this episode.

Wendell is always a great intern (it was already his third time, when is Clark back?) and I love him being in a hockey team with Booth. Talking about Booth, episodes with a good story around his character are perfectness. I love it when they give him a bit depth. DB must have loved making this episode with all the hockey.
          Lol, I remember Angel being so excited about teaching Connor hockey, so I wondered if that was a DB thing....

And yeah, I love Wendell too (at first though I forgot his name and was wondering who they were talking about in the game), though yuck, please no more Clark! Ever.....unless he is murdered! Sorry, I just can't stand him....at all.

Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
          Aaaack Ben! You wanted Wendell to be the murderer?!!!! HDU?!!! *huggles Wendell* He's been my favorite intern and seeing him reappear on the episode was like the biggest treat to me. I love how he bridges the gap between squints and Booth. It was so great to see Booth buddying up with him while playing hockey. And I loved that the gang went to see them both play hockey the first time.

I liked that Wendell and Hodgins buddied up too and went to the scene and investigated the fish tank. Hodgins has been so lonely this year, it was good to see him smile. Oh and I loved how Cam was looking out for Wendell as well. I really think Wendell fits with the gang so well. Him being a killer would have really distracted from the trust the group has been able to rebuild and the closure they've managed to create since Zack's betrayal. I'm glad the gang is finally moving back towards a group rather than fractured elements.
          Lol, HDU indeed! Poor Wendell!

And yeah, it was almost like the Zack and Hodgins days, they way they were buddying up....I've always thought that if they were going to make an intern permanent, it should be Wendell....he's the least annoying, and he has good chemistry and connections to the rest of the group already....
          Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

Good episode. I love that after four seasons Booth's character is gaining more depth rather than becoming a caricature like a lot of character do after awhile.

Anybody else notice that Albie was played by Bianca Lawson a.k.a. Kendra the Vampire Slayer?

Comment

Originally posted by XavierZane View Post
              Anybody else notice that Albie was played by Bianca Lawson a.k.a. Kendra the Vampire Slayer?
              Lol YES! I did notice that, though I forgot about it until you reminded me...yet another BTVS/ATS alum on Bones! That makes.....five now by my count, that I can remember. Always fun...
              Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

[quote=Ehlwyen;329108I loved the faceoff between Sweets and Booth regarding his father issues. Wow. Booth's look would have intimidated a lion, but Sweets just stared him down without a blink of fear. Wow.[/quote]

So awesome! Sweets is really great when he gets the opportunity to have some actual interaction. I love that he always stands his ground. This scene was a wonderful showcase for that. It times like this when I hear the voice inside my head scream "Bring on the Sweets...and I ain't talking ice cream and chocolates!" He just grows on me more and more. And I think JFD is doing great in this role and I think it was wise to cast this role to someone so young and boyish-looking; it helps set up a humorous dynamic as he is attempting so fiercely to gain some respect!
                sigpic
                follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

I thought Wendell was going to end up being the murderer, what was his alibi? I must have missed that part. I thought it would have been interesting if he had been the killer but I like him so I didn't really want it to be him.

I liked that this episode centred around Booth, I thought the storyline was really good and I loved the scene between him and Sweets. The scene where that boy drills into the body, I thought that was Sweets as a kid and we were having some sort of flashback. The kid looked a lot like him I thought.

I did prefer the Circus episode but it was still really good. Another nice ending scene with Booth and Brennan too, they were so cute.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X