Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.12 "Double Trouble in the Panhandle" Spoiler Discussion Thread

Yep, the first eppy that was aired this Thursday aka that circus one

Sooo....it was fun. It was funny, didn't enjoy the case, but I loved that it was an accident and there was no murderer. However, with all these things left unexplained, it just seems like the writers were saying, "oh, crap! we're having too much fun at the circus; not enough time for case!" and threw an end on it. I loved Booth throwing knives at Bones, and the end scene with them looking over the horizon, however cheesy, still great fun.

A very fun episode, but the case seemed needlessly tacked on there. 6/10 - good!!!

EDIT: The intern in this eppy was annoying again. Writers, do NOT bring back annoying interns, please...DON'T
    Last edited by BlasterBoy; 24-01-09, 10:03 PM.

I must say that I expected more fun and maybe a better story. It felt unfunny silly at times, but I can't say that I wasn't laughing when they were on the motorcycle. And maybe it's the BtVS fan in me, but I thought that the 'dead animal' moustage was very funny.

The only reason why I love this intern is because of Cam.

Comment

I didn't care much for this one. It was too cheesy, too silly, and too pointless. Even the Booth-Bones banter was banal. In fact, I think this is my least favourite episode of the entire series to date.
      Cordially,
      Amuk

I didn't jump. I took a tiny step, and there conclusions were.
      Addicted to Buffy

Comment

Oh wow. I am surprised at the reactions in here. While I did love the other episode more, I thought this one was great! For me this is an episode I'd show to introduce people. It's fun yet you can see all the complex and deep relationships amongst the group.

Maybe the absurdity was more to taste because it was at least fun. The show asks me to suspend disbelief every week with much less obvious stuff than the idea that of all the FBI agents in the US only Booth and his forensic anthropologist are the only people to investigate this murder by going undercover. I like the show Bones since it isn't stuffy like other forensics shows. I liked this premise.

Gah, I about died to find out that Sweets' mom was carnie folk. So unexpected. And I loved Bones having to call him up for a lexicon. I also thought it was cute how Cam conned Bones into having a webcam set up so those at home could see this act.

I was blown away by the emotion that Boreanz was able to convey through his Boris disguise. The fear on his face when he was about to throw daggers closer and closer to Bones simply blew me away. While Bones continually making each challenge more difficult and dangerous was quite revealing. She has such confidence in her own abilities that she can't understand that normal people are subject to error and performance anxiety. It was thrilling and such a relief that Booth is able to perform and have such control under the pressure of being under the observation of so many people.

I think it was a delightfully fun episode highlighting what makes Bones unique from other forensic shows.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
          Oh wow. I am surprised at the reactions in here. While I did love the other episode more, I thought this one was great! For me this is an episode I'd show to introduce people. It's fun yet you can see all the complex and deep relationships amongst the group.

Maybe the absurdity was more to taste because it was at least fun. The show asks me to suspend disbelief every week with much less obvious stuff than the idea that of all the FBI agents in the US only Booth and his forensic anthropologist are the only people to investigate this murder by going undercover. I like the show Bones since it isn't stuffy like other forensics shows. I liked this premise.

Gah, I about died to find out that Sweets' mom was carnie folk. So unexpected. And I loved Bones having to call him up for a lexicon. I also thought it was cute how Cam conned Bones into having a webcam set up so those at home could see this act.

I was blown away by the emotion that Boreanz was able to convey through his Boris disguise. The fear on his face when he was about to throw daggers closer and closer to Bones simply blew me away. While Bones continually making each challenge more difficult and dangerous was quite revealing. She has such confidence in her own abilities that she can't understand that normal people are subject to error and performance anxiety. It was thrilling and such a relief that Booth is able to perform and have such control under the pressure of being under the observation of so many people.

I think it was a delightfully fun episode highlighting what makes Bones unique from other forensic shows.
          I'm shocked too--I loved this epp! For me it was about as fun as the airplane epp, or even more so actually. I was laughing pretty much the whole time (a person I was with kept commenting on how much I seemed to be enjoying myself watching it), except for the knife-throwing parts, when I was clutching my head in fear! I loved how into it Brennan was, and how worried and scared Booth was about hurting Brennan--and at them pretending to have sex and all that. I would give it a 4.5/5 at the very least....I agree, the fun, hilarious aspects as well as the emotion are why I love this show and watch.

I also don't find Nigel that particularly annoying, or at least not as much in this epp (probably thanks to Cam's priceless reactions, as you said above!).....there have been much more annoying interns out there, Clark first and foremost among them, IMHO.
          Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

I finally watched it. I too loved this episode! Adored it, in fact! And I do not like circuses.

It was hilarious. But it also had such a soft sweetness to it. And I got a kick out of Brennan's trust in Booth. She was having way too much fun! I just loved the end so much, how the circus was such a family. How they stock together. You could feel the genuine affection they had for each other and my heart went out to the strongman.

I just truly enjoyed it. So much that I ended up watching the next two episodes I had saved on the DVR just hours later!
            sigpic
            follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Also loved it, it is my fave of the season so far. I only saw it yesterday and me and my mum were in fits of laughter at the whole Bones and Booth join the circus thing. Loved the costumes they wore and how into it Bones was the nose thing was so funny. The case was kinda put in the shadows for the most part but I don't mind that sometimes because I watch the show mainly for the characters anyway.

I actually like this intern too, I like how he winds them up and I agree about him and Cam being great to watch together.

I also felt for the strongman, how he actually really cared for them.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X