Episode 2.16 ?You've Got Yale? Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode 2.16 ?You've Got Yale? Discussion Thread

After having been a bit disappointed in last week's episode, I totally squeed over "You've Got Yale". Okay I didn't really care that much for the whole Blair/Yale drama although I squeed that Gilmore Girls and Rory got mentioned on the show. Her scheming used to be funny and entertaining but in this episode I only found it childish and immature. I expected the writers to completely ignore Chair in this new episode so no big disappointment there. I'm happy for Dan that he got into Yale, he deserves it. And I'm glad that Serena did not just accept Yale because Dan goes there but followed her own dream (which seems to be Brown). I'm also glad that Serena did not turn down Yale solely because of Blair (because seriously, nobody is that selfless) but because she really didn't want to go there.

So the whole college stuff was mildly entertaining but what really made me squee and aww was the whole Lilly and Chuck lovefest! For once I was completely unspoiled and man was I surprised and pleased by the turn of events. Lilly is gonna adopt Chuck, aww! Chuck coming to Lilly's rescue and punching Jack, aww! Lilly giving the company back to Chuck, aww! Chuck moving back in with Lilly & co.! I really loved it! The connection and interactions between Chuck and Lilly throughout the episode were so great and played well by both actors. And Jack really showed his true colours. And yes I think he is a way bigger sleazeball than Chuck! He is an adult who should know better. Maybe the writers tried to redeem Chuck (for his assault on Jenny in the pilot) a bit by having him preventing an assault on Lilly. Also, I don't think that Chuck would really have raped Jenny, that he would have gone through with it. Jack, however, would totally have gone through with it if Chuck hadn't pulled him off of Lilly. I loved how Lilly thanked Chuck with so much emotion in her voice and how the next day Rufus shook Chuck's hand.

Seeing Rufus and Lilly so happy was also good although I of course understand Dan and Serena's uneasiness about that. I also thought that Chuck had a point when he told Lilly that he thought it was tacky for her to go out with Rufus in public only one month after Bart died. But of course Chuck is not the one to talk about tact and respect.

Nate and Vanessa were cute and good-looking but their storyline in this episode was not that thrilling.

So now I'm really looking forward to seeing Chuck, Serena, Eric and Lilly living together again. I hope Chuck will apologise to Eric and they can salvage their friendship. I'm not that psyched about Blair's war against the teacher; that could end pretty badly for Blair and might ruin her chances of getting into Yale after all.

Originally posted by Cori View Post
    After having been a bit disappointed in last week's episode, I totally squeed over "You've Got Yale".
    Me too!!! I was laughing and clapping and very much on the edge of my seat this episode!

Okay I didn't really care that much for the whole Blair/Yale drama although I squeed that Gilmore Girls and Rory got mentioned on the show. Her scheming used to be funny and entertaining but in this episode I only found it childish and immature. I expected the writers to completely ignore Chair in this new episode so no big disappointment there.
    This is one part I'm also disappointed with! I don't understand why the writers make her so childish and also not very good at it... She used to be upper bitch, but she has totally lost it. It's weird. This half-bitch is no fun

I'm happy for Dan that he got into Yale, he deserves it. And I'm glad that Serena did not just accept Yale because Dan goes there but followed her own dream (which seems to be Brown). I'm also glad that Serena did not turn down Yale solely because of Blair (because seriously, nobody is that selfless) but because she really didn't want to go there.
    Yeah... the Dan / Serena thing... gah... when they were sitting on that sofa talking about her going to Brown and him to Yale and 'omg how is this going to work?' sigh....

So the whole college stuff was mildly entertaining but what really made me squee and aww was the whole Lilly and Chuck lovefest! For once I was completely unspoiled and man was I surprised and pleased by the turn of events. Lilly is gonna adopt Chuck, aww! Chuck coming to Lilly's rescue and punching Jack, aww! Lilly giving the company back to Chuck, aww! Chuck moving back in with Lilly & co.! I really loved it! The connection and interactions between Chuck and Lilly throughout the episode were so great and played well by both actors. And Jack really showed his true colours. And yes I think he is a way bigger sleazeball than Chuck! He is an adult who should know better. Maybe the writers tried to redeem Chuck (for his assault on Jenny in the pilot) a bit by having him preventing an assault on Lilly. Also, I don't think that Chuck would really have raped Jenny, that he would have gone through with it. Jack, however, would totally have gone through with it if Chuck hadn't pulled him off of Lilly. I loved how Lilly thanked Chuck with so much emotion in her voice and how the next day Rufus shook Chuck's hand.
    I couldn't agree more!!! I was clapping and screaming when Lilly adopted Chuck and this made Jack go away! WOOOT
    Chuck accepting her in the end was so wonderful! And Lilly saying that he can have the company when he's 18, and that she has no interest woooo! This is a lot of fun! I wonder how Lilly is going to run the company! I think she'll do a good job. And I'm also sure that she'll give space to Chuck, wonder how this will all work out Am very excited about it!

So now I'm really looking forward to seeing Chuck, Serena, Eric and Lilly living together again. I hope Chuck will apologise to Eric and they can salvage their friendship. I'm not that psyched about Blair's war against the teacher; that could end pretty badly for Blair and might ruin her chances of getting into Yale after all.
    me toooo me tooooo!!
    And I do really hope that the writers aren't going to screw up Blair that much... They made her into this nice and good character, and now suddenly is is a sloppy, bad, version of herself??

Also... what the hell? So I already don't like Dan/Serena... but now Dan ignores her call and is flirting with the teacher? WTF???
    It's so cheap and it's so forced! They can't keep breaking them up and putting them back together.. it's like we're watching the friggin bold&beautiful... sigh

Comment

Lillly and Chuck! Woooo! Lilly is so awesome. She's fast becoming one of my very favourites.

I'm not so into the teacher war either. I watch GG for escapism, so watching someone attemt to ruin an unsuspecting person's life isn't as fun. Blair vs Chuck, fine, they can both take it, but Blair vs anyone else? Not a fair fight, so it's just too nerve wracking to watch.

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

What? I love Blair Wars! She's been too Miss Goody Two Shoes lately... She needs to get her bitchyness back! Also, I hope it's a chance to see a little more Dorota... Her "I'm a slave 4 u" ringtone is the only thing that keeps me watching the show... It was so funny.
        Anyway, Dan/Professor Carr? I don't like it. The professor/student affair happens in every single teen drama. Please spare us.
        What? You?ve taught a psycho killer demon how to be human by making him watch Sex and the City?

1.02 Never been kissed OUT NOW/ 1.03 Damned by the bell COMING SOON

Comment

I agree, I didn't like the Blair vs. Teacher thing at all--I groaned when I saw it in the previews--but I'm really glad that there was more to the epp than that, and something actually interesting and totally squee-worthy! I know most people here seemed to have been squeeing most about Lily and Chuck (who were wonderful, and I was happy about that too, so awww-worthy!), but for me the highlight of the epp (and what I was squeeing most about) was all the LILY/RUFUS going on in the epp!

To see them so clearly dating and being with one another, even out in public, FINALLY, at LAST--it's a dream come true! I had just been watching 1x06 before this epp, with all it's R/L sadness/wistfulness, so it was even more heart-warming to see them together like this! And so cute too....I loved Rufus trying to figure out opera to adapt to Lily's society, and finding out it was the wrong opera! It was especially nice to have this given I was still a little upset over the end of my erstwhile GG OTP Chair--Lily/Rufus, which has long been jostling C/B for position as my favorite pairing (and at times has been over C/B) has officially taken it's place for good I think. It's sad that D/S have to break up as a result of R/L, but tbh I care about R/L more, and D/S have had their chance, as Serena said back in the day. At least Aaron isn't dating Serena in the meantime...

And yeah, what a slimeball Jack is! I remember Heather pointing out that we had never seen Jack try to date-rape a girl in a discussion a few epps back of who was worse, Jack or Chuck, but now we have indeed seen Jack do even worse--and for worse motives, out of revenge to humiliate and lower her--ugh! I'm so glad to see the last of him...he creeped me out from the beginning, and now I see it's with good reason! That was a very exciting scene though, when Chuck rescued her--go Chuck!

Originally posted by Wolfie Gilmore View Post
          Lillly and Chuck! Woooo! Lilly is so awesome. She's fast becoming one of my very favourites.
          You mean she hasn't been one of your favorites since practically the beginning? Seriously though, I've adored her since about the fourth episode--she is made of pure win!

Originally posted by cliomiao View Post
          Anyway, Dan/Professor Carr? I don't like it. The professor/student affair happens in every single teen drama. Please spare us.
          Yeah, so true....it looks like though GG is going to be following that tradition! I was not happy at all with that ending, Dan shouldn't be flirting with anyone without fully breaking up with Serena first, and certainly not ignoring her calls! (How heartbreaking was Serena looking at that photo of them from 1x10 though? Those were the days...)
          Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

Originally posted by sherrilina View Post
            You mean she hasn't been one of your favorites since practically the beginning? Seriously though, I've adored her since about the fourth episode--she is made of pure win!
            Took a while! But she's up there with the Blairs and Chucks now.

Can't wait to see the next new ep. Cheesy goodness

The show's so much less bleak than the books though. In those, all the characters are pretty much just hateful.

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie Gilmore View Post
              Took a while! But she's up there with the Blairs and Chucks now.

Can't wait to see the next new ep. Cheesy goodness

The show's so much less bleak than the books though. In those, all the characters are pretty much just hateful.
              Aw well, given my great love for LUFUS (as expressed above, and seen in this epp in spades!), Lily naturally became a fave of mine early on...

And yeah, I can imagine so....I read one chapter of the first GG book when I was bored in a library once, just to see what all the fuss was about, and it was some of the most awful crap I've ever read--I think the writing was worst than Twilight even....I couldn't understand why people liked them so much at all. But the same opening scene as portrayed on the show was just so much better done....and that was the beginning of my realization that the show was going to be much better than the books, and that I shouldn't condemn the show just based on their source material!
              Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

Working...
              X