Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you ship Clark with on this board???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you ship Clark with on this board???

Discuss why...

Lois Lane

Lana Lang

or Chloe Sullivan

We need to get acquainted with the shippers here.
    Lois Lane
    61.11%
    Lana Lang
    13.89%
    Chloe Sullivan
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

I voted for Lois and Chloe.

Lois because, it's Lois & Clark! They're destiny. When I think Clark Kent or Superman, I also think Lois Lane. She's his other half.

I voted for Chloe too because, in Seasons 1-5, I was all for them. Then Jimmy showed up, and I was Chlimmy for a while, but I quickly grew tired off it. Mostly due to Season 7, when he was with Chloe, but not with her, and with Kara. It was confusing. Then, they were engaged and stuff. So, I got confused and just said, "Screw it! Chloe gets all the men!"

Comment

I could've voted for two? If that were the case, then I would've voted for Lois AND Lana (post-Hydro!Lana except Persona!Lana b/c she doesn't whine so much and is extremely mature compared to S1-5 Lana in my opinion).

But anyways, I ship Lois and Clark because I am finally getting my Clark/Lois fix which I've waited for since like September 22, 2004. And it doesn't seem like the way that they're writing Clark and Lois would cause a big big rift in the mythos (which is also very important). I've always liked how their relationship steadily grew from fighting to hugging to comforting the other person when their boyfriend/girlfriend ran away to somewhere or went to save the world, and lastly to almost kissing at somebody else's wedding.

Comment

Wow, some Chloe lovers on this board. How interesting. For me, it's Lois, completely. I'm not a die-hard Superman fan, but I do love Smallville, and that's because of Tom and Erica's chemistry. I find them full of sexual tension. So I ship Clois.

Comment

Like Thomas stated, Lois and Clark are destined. Plus I love Lois. Chloe! I just love everything about her and it made me annoyed that they didn’t officially get together on he series. I feel it's kind of too late because Lois and Clark are getting closer, also I feel Chloe is coming to her end in the series.
          Last edited by Dark Ages; 19-01-09, 11:10 PM.
          East Wick Season Two -Coming Soon-

Banner By: Pandora's Box

Comment

Clark and Lex forever! Though I think the big dumb alien isn't great relationship material for anyone.

I miss Clex.

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

I voted Lois. I've been shipping them since Lois showed up. But I have a soft spot for Chloe too. She's definitely the most important person in his life at the moment, but you can't cheat destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by XavierZane View Post
                I voted Lois. I've been shipping them since Lois showed up. But I have a soft spot for Chloe too. She's definitely the most important person in his life at the moment, but you can't cheat destiny.
                See, I don't see Chloe as the most important person in his life. She's his best friend, but in realilty, she's not the love of his life or to some people's sadness, a love at all really. Lois is. And he, especially this season, spends more time thinking about Lois than he does Chloe. And while barfing saying this, if he could get over Lana JUST anytime, his head would be clearer. But Clark has flatout had to deny Chloe more than once. I feel bad for her because of it but he has rejected Chloe again and again, even asking Lois to keep Chloe away from him.

Lois has ALWAYS been intriguing to him, and if Lois had ever given him the time of day before Season 8, things might've gone smoother this season. So, we'll probably be seeing Lois coming back after Bride much more the way she was before Season 8. Lois is nobody's wimp. She won't be "pining" for Clark in any weak way. *smiles*

But you're right, you can't cheat destiny, but to me, it's about Tom and Erica's chemistry, and I hope we're not cheated out of that chemistry.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas View Post

Lois because, it's Lois & Clark! They're destiny. When I think Clark Kent or Superman, I also think Lois Lane. She's his other half.

I voted for Chloe too because, in Seasons 1-5, I was all for them. Then Jimmy showed up, and I was Chlimmy for a while, but I quickly grew tired off it. Mostly due to Season 7, when he was with Chloe, but not with her, and with Kara. It was confusing. Then, they were engaged and stuff. So, I got confused and just said, "Screw it! Chloe gets all the men!"
                  DITTO!

It's always been Lois Lane and Clark Kent! Whoever heard of "Lana"? (It was annoying...)

But yes - Chloe is pretty cute! And there for a while (before Lana left) I hoped they would get together because there is some chemistry there.
                  -TP<3
                  "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                  - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

LOL, wow, everyone likes the Chlo/Lo cousins on this board. It's incredible.

Comment

i has to be lois

Comment

I didn't realize this was a multiple answer poll, or I would have pulled a Heather and voted for all three.... Because I DO! I like him with all 3, how weird is that!?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LRae12 View Post
                          I didn't realize this was a multiple answer poll, or I would have pulled a Heather and voted for all three.... Because I DO! I like him with all 3, how weird is that!?
                          Honestly, it makes you LUCKY! Cause you get to be more satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by LRae12 View Post
                            LMFAO! I did that because I honestly like him with Lois sometimes, I like him with Lana sometimes, I like him with Chloe sometimes. It's always changing. For those who may think so, I didn't vote like that just be funny or just because I couldn't choose one. I seriously just like each ship sporadically.

Chlark has it's moments in the early seasons and in season 6, for me. Clana was at it's best in season 2, early season 5, late season 6, and early season 7. I might include Lana's season 8 stint eventually, too. But Clois is the ship I've been really loving since season 8 started. But, again, the other two come and go.

It's like my taste changes every episode or every story-arc.
                            wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

Wooooooooooowwwwwwww, I envy you. I feel so robbed with my ship. GRRRRRRRRRRR!

Comment

Robbed? There are plenty of Clois moments!!

I ship Chloe and Clark. They would make me the happiest to be together. I adore Chloe. But the Clark and Lois moments on the show are so squeeable that it's hard to begrudge them because they are contradictory to my ship. Plus I simply love Erica Durance's Lois.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
                                  Robbed? There are plenty of Clois moments!!

I ship Chloe and Clark. They would make me the happiest to be together. I adore Chloe. But the Clark and Lois moments on the show are so squeeable that it's hard to begrudge them because they are contradictory to my ship. Plus I simply love Erica Durance's Lois.
                                  Plenty of Clois moments? Hello, have you heard of UST? Unresolved Sexual Tension. Okay, seriously, there's such a thing as too much of that. Those of us on the Clois board have had enough of that, and would like to FINALLY see some RST, and could they CONSUMATE their relationship for goodness sake, someday, any day? They're the mythos couple for God's sake.

Anyway, not trying to start a debate for those of you who aren't Clois people or for those of you who are, but don't believe. I'm just stating that if you think cute moments are enough, for many Clois shippers, well, IT'S NOT. LOL.

Clana has gotten the best end of the bargain, getting the relationship at least a little. Chlark has gotten most screwed IMO because well, Clark has and will never love her or be attracted to her in a romantic sense, and has flat out told her that more than once. At least we know Clark, despite having his IQ drop 30 points every time Lana is in the room, has it bad for Lois. Thank God for small favors, right? Baaaaaaaaaaaaddddddd writers a lot of the time.

But that's why I feel like honestly, the writers have screwed over all three couples in a way, because even Clana, they've never been HAPPY for more than five minutes at a time. It's always the will they, won't they? So even that has been turned to crap.

Gee, did I need to go on this long? I apologize. If I've made you all hate me from this post, I apologize. I think there's definitely room for EVERYONE to love any of these pairings. Obviously, they're all three popular. For me though, I am one very unsatisfied Clois person, I want my couple! I'm greedy! LOL!

Comment

Well, I don't consider a "ship" moment as having to be an actual physical consumation of their love whether a kiss or further. Otherwise most ships would have nothing to base themselves upon.

Love and life is more than just moments of complete happiness. I love as you say the unresolved sexual tension. Those are the moments full of the most passion, mystery, and desire for future. The long glance, the helping hand, or the unseen look back. These moments steal my heart. In tv and real life.

And gosh no, we wouldn't hate you for such a post. We love to hear your real feelings so that we can better understand you and try to explain our own points!

Personally I don't think Clark is yet at the point where he loves Lois. I have loved their slow building relationship. It's felt quite real and will be teh only time I have shipped Lois&Clark in the Superman mythos. It's not a simple hormonal crush but out of friendship and respect. Lois just realized she loved him. I wouldn't expect Clark to have this same realization at the same time.

But that being said, OMG! give up on your infatuation of Lana, Clark! I wish he would realize that they can't each be themselves or recognize the truth of the other's person. They each have an idealized version of who the other should be and measure their expectations against that, not against who the other really is.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Ehlwyen, well, I think what satisfies you, or what would satisfy you, just would absolutely not satisfy me on screen. So, we do differ there.

And I do think Clark loves Lois, is in love with Lois. Unfortunately, as I put it, when Lana's around, all his ability to think leaves the room, but I think he had it bad for Lois and Lois was the one putting him off for so long that it was buried, and it still is, sort of. Now it's coming out, doesn't mean he doesn't love her. Lois was 100% right in Committed, if he'd been under that lie detector test, they'd be in big trouble.

But this is getting old, so old. I want a helluva lot more than a hand touch after 8 years. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Comment

Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
                                        Personally I don't think Clark is yet at the point where he loves Lois. I have loved their slow building relationship. It's felt quite real and will be teh only time I have shipped Lois&Clark in the Superman mythos. It's not a simple hormonal crush but out of friendship and respect. Lois just realized she loved him. I wouldn't expect Clark to have this same realization at the same time.

But that being said, OMG! give up on your infatuation of Lana, Clark! I wish he would realize that they can't each be themselves or recognize the truth of the other's person. They each have an idealized version of who the other should be and measure their expectations against that, not against who the other really is.
                                        Yes on both counts.

I've had trouble articulating a post here, because 1) I'm a hardcore Chlark shipper, and I have seven years worth of things to say about them and 2) I like the slow build-up of Clois, basing their relationship on SUBSTANCE rather than the fact that they're "supposed" to end up together. Fate and destiny are a belief of how things are meant to happen. But, while I've always loved their interactions and sniping, it took me until VERY recently to jump on board and say that I actually like SMALLVILLE's version of Lois and Clark. Because they're AT a point where it's believable to me that they're actually in love with each other, rather than me taking it as gospel from the beginning that they're just magically supposed happen.

Like Ehlwyen said, Lois may be the love of his life in the future, but she isn't YET. And she hasn't been evidently so YET on Smallville. If he's in love with her now, I want to give that love time to grow. (He loved [or loves?] Lana too. But would anyone call her the love of his life?) To me, Lois is not the most important person in his life YET. She doesn't even know his true identity. And Clark is in his EARLY TWENTIES. He has no reason to be tied down to one woman, no matter how fast they decided to make Clark act grown up. It's taken me up until now to actually think of him as an adult. To be in control of his life, and make decisions. I don't think he needs to be tied down to the love of his life at 21/22(?)

I see as Chloe the most important person in his life AT THE MOMENT. He's closest to her. He cares about her. I'd say loves her, even if it's not romantic love (which I SWEAR IT IS, but there are many kinds of love and I know that at least one of them applies to Chloe). And they practically know everything about each other. I've gotten what I wanted out of them. I've always wished for them to give it a go, but I'd be lying if I wasn't satisfied enough with the fact that they mean so much to each other.
                                        Chloe is someone who's constantly nudging him towards his destiny. Which is the most important thing, I would think. Not whom he ends up with this season, but that he's on his path to becoming Superman.

The reason why I ship Clark and Chloe the most is because they help make each other better. I think she's learned as much from him as he has from her. He rejected her when he was a teenager, but I feel that there were moments, unresolved moments, where he felt something but didn't act. Also, I don't feel that Chloe is "constantly pining for him" anymore. think she proved that by moving on (as much as I hate Chlimmy. For the reasons Thomas stated above. I used to think they were cute as well, but it just became annoying.) Even if she's still in love with him, she's not pining for him. And Clark really truly just wants her to be happy. You want the people who are important to you to be happy. To me, they've had the best relationship I've seen on the show. It's grown so much. It's not even ABOUT them, they just work so amazingly together to overcome so much - villains, life, their own problems, or whatever.

That said, I've always been a Clex fan. Early Clex. I thought they were adorable. Not always in a slashy way, but come on...they are extremely slash-worthy. (And they paved the way for Clark and Oliver! Which I don't "ship" but I enjoy and love seeing their friendship.) And I've always had a soft spot for Clark/Alicia in all honesty. Just because they always interested me, and I was seriously heartbroken when she died, even though I had such a short time to know her. And then there's Clois. Like I said, I've ALWAYS enjoyed their interactions, because it was always such MUCH-NEEDED comic relief. But like I said, only since recently have I liked them as a romantic pairing. I was never that attached to Lois and Clark in other incarnations. But I think Erica Durance is a Goddess, and I'm glad that they're really appealing to me emotionally now and not just appealing to the myth and legend.
                                        Last edited by little albatross; 24-01-09, 07:47 AM.
                                        would you do anything for me

buy a new diamond ring for me

Comment

Working...
                                        X