Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Bones This Week! :( Delayed Until 1/22!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Bones This Week! :( Delayed Until 1/22!

Just saw this!

FOX TO CARRY BUSH FAREWELL ADDRESS ON THURSDAY
    By The Futon Critic Staff (TFC)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- FOX is set to carry President George W. Bush's farewell address on Thursday.

The planned 10 to 15 minute broadcast will begin live at 8:00/7:00c. The White House has requested airtime from all the major television networks as ABC, CBS and NBC are expected to follow suit.

To accommodate the address, FOX has opted to delay the Thursday premiere of "Bones" until next week. Said installment, "Double Trouble in the Panhandle," will now air as part of a two-hour event on January 22.

As of press time, it's not clear what will replace "Bones" this Thursday.

"Bones" will then resume airing Thursdays at 8:00/7:00c starting February 5. To recap:

Thursday, January 15
    8:00/7:00c - "Presidential Address"
    8:15/7:15c - (To Be Announced)
    9:00/8:00c - "Kitchen Nightmares"

Thursday, January 22
    8:00/7:00c - "Bones: Double Trouble in the Panhandle" (Time Slot Premiere)
    9:00/8:00c - "Bones: Hero in the Hold" (New Episode - Special Time)

Thursday, January 29
    8:00/7:00c - "American Idol" (Special Night)
    9:00/8:00c - "Hell's Kitchen" (Season Premiere)

Thursday, February 5
    8:00/7:00c - "Bones"
    9:00/8:00c - "Hell's Kitchen"

Thursday, February 12
    8:00/7:00c - "40th NAACP Image Awards" (Two-Hour Special)

Thursday, February 19 & 26
    8:00/7:00c - "Bones"

Thursday, March 5
    8:00/7:00c - "American Idol" (Special Night)

Plans for the other networks' coverage are expected to be announced tomorrow.
    I still don't get why they need to preempt it, it looks like it'd only cut into 15 min of the epp--they can't delay everything by 15 min?! And then what's with getting preempted for effing American Idol the next week? What the hell, I thought we were moving to Thursday nights to avoid that nonsense....

*sigh* Anyway, thought you should know....I still remember how little Fox publicized their pulling of "Player Under Pressure," and how confused I was when "Aliens in a Spaceship" began playing...
    Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

GRRRrrrr! I hates them. Like Smeagol, I hates them foreverrrrrr! Why do they have to put on stupid nonsense instead of nice dramas? I think Mr Bush has said quite enough in his years as Prez, thank you very much.

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

Thanks for posting.

Pfff, channels and networks are evil and so are Bush and American Idol. Talking about AI, AI special nights? how many of those are going to air? Not every month I hope.

But do I get it right? Next week there are two new episodes?

Comment

Originally posted by sherrilina View Post
        Just saw this!

I still don't get why they need to preempt it, it looks like it'd only cut into 15 min of the epp--they can't delay everything by 15 min?! And then what's with getting preempted for effing American Idol the next week? What the hell, I thought we were moving to Thursday nights to avoid that nonsense....

*sigh* Anyway, thought you should know....I still remember how little Fox publicized their pulling of "Player Under Pressure," and how confused I was when "Aliens in a Spaceship" began playing...
        Well when they delay it by 15 minutes they lose the ratings block. So scheduling the show for another week will allow them to get fair ratings. Though the doubleheader of the next week is odd, unless they are hoping that having a back to back evening will get more people excited and tuned in.

Thanks for posting this. It's really good to know what's happening and try to make arrangements to get stuff taped.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Originally posted by Nina View Post
          Thanks for posting.

Pfff, channels and networks are evil and so are Bush and American Idol. Talking about AI, AI special nights? how many of those are going to air? Not every month I hope.

But do I get it right? Next week there are two new episodes?
          Yep, two new epps next week, and then NO epps the week after that, to make room for their Golden Idol!

Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
          Well when they delay it by 15 minutes they lose the ratings block. So scheduling the show for another week will allow them to get fair ratings. Though the doubleheader of the next week is odd, unless they are hoping that having a back to back evening will get more people excited and tuned in.

Thanks for posting this. It's really good to know what's happening and try to make arrangements to get stuff taped.
          Ah, that does make sense now, thanks! But it's still annoying that even in moving to Thursday nights, it's STILL being preempted by freaking Idol....THAT is why they have the doubleheader next week I think--because they won't have it the week after....
          Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

WTFrak!?!?!?!?!?

Okay, I knew it was delayed until the 22nd, and I was cool with that, since we just got two new cool eppys.

But, then I saw this again, and a "Bones" episode airs EVERY OTHER WEEK? WTFrak!?!?!?! So, we have to wait TWO weeks for "Hero in the Hold" and then another two weeks for the next episode?

Man, I hate FOX.

Comment

I'm glad you brought up the every other week airing thing Ben. Ugh! With as interesting episodes as Thursday's header and what looks like a gripping next episode from it's preview, Fox is totally killing Bones momentum. People love routine, especially with tv. No one likes to hunt around to find a show, or to work their evening around an episode only to find out it's not airing.

This every other week is stupid. If it was reruns alternating with new ones that would be something. But to pre-empt irregularly is just a killer to the show. Six week hiatus is much more conducive to building an audience.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Working...
              X