Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24: Day 7

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 24: Day 7

    OMG, I don't know where to start.

    SPOILERS!!!


    I loved the brevity of Jack's questioning, plus the hilarious little remark that he was excused for the day and they would continue questioning in 24 hours. He has to save America (and Africa) in 24 hours and be back in his suit and tie for questioning.

    I really loved that Jack got to speak upon his motivations, beliefs, and convictions both to the Court and the random FBI man in the vehicle later.

    And Tony. I literally couldn't watch as the fate of the airplanes inched closer and closer. Thank goodness, Tony didn't kill anyone in the time we saw. I hold hopes that he's deep undercover. I’m so glad he could hold his own in a fight with Jack. Although obviously, Jack has to win. And the pain and emotion on Jack, I’m welling up tears just to remember it.

    Loved all the familiar bit actors, Red Foreman doing the interrogating, the scarred guy, but the one I got the most fun out of was the sniper who was the Roogaroo on SN this year. Jack > Dean on that fight.

    Lydia made the punch!

  • #2
    You totally know that the end of the last episode of this season will be Jack sitting down in his chair in the non-Senate chamber.

    I loved Kurtwood Smith and Janeane Garofalo in those episodes. She is totally my bet for the insider at FBI, by the way.

    I don't know who the actress is playing Agent Walker, but I really like her and the character so far. I remember from the preview... in 2007... the exchange of Jack asking her what she wants him to do and her saying to do whatever he has to. I'm also not sure if I believe that she "said it for Schecter's (sp) benefit" at the time she said it.
    sigpic
    Banner by LRae12

    Comment


    • #3
      I too thought that this was a very good season premiere. This season already seems more gripping to me than season 6, there are so many different interesting storylines, I can't wait to see how it all plays out.

      I knew that CTU would be no more but it was still a bit weird not to see CTU agents working together. And I really miss Chloe. Hopefully, she will show up later in the season. However, it was great seeing Janeane Garofalo on the show, I have always liked her and I'm curious as to how her character will be developed over the course of the season. It was strange seeing Jack at the FBI, he seemed so out of place there. I loved how he was so smart again and saw stuff that nobody at the FBI saw. That's the Jack we know and love!

      I also liked FBI Agent Renee Walker. She and Jack seemed to have a nice chemistry together and they are working together pretty well so far.

      Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
      And Tony. I literally couldn't watch as the fate of the airplanes inched closer and closer. Thank goodness, Tony didn't kill anyone in the time we saw. I hold hopes that he's deep undercover. I'm so glad he could hold his own in a fight with Jack. Although obviously, Jack has to win. And the pain and emotion on Jack, I'm welling up tears just to remember it.
      I couldn't agree more! Tony broke my heart over and over in these two episodes and I was saying all the time while watching "no no this can't be, Tony is not really evil, he is just so deep undercover that nobody (apart from a contact at the FBI) knows about it". I just need to believe that, if the writers really made him evil and assassinated his character, I would be seriously pissed off. That last scene between him and Jack was so heartbreaking and very well played by both Kiefer and Carlos. Oh and on a shallow note, Carlos looks droolicious with the short haircut!!!

      but the one I got the most fun out of was the sniper who was the Roogaroo on SN this year. Jack > Dean on that fight.
      Aha that's who he was! I knew he looked familiar. Thanks Lyn!

      I was rather disappointed to learn that they killed off the President's son, Roger. I rather liked him in 24: Redemption, plus he was hot! And I totally agree with the First Gentleman (that title cracked me up, even though I guess it makes sense), I don't think Roger has killed himself, he was probably murdered by the same people who killed his friend and his girlfriend Sam is totally involved in all of this!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Cori View Post
        And I really miss Chloe. Hopefully, she will show up later in the season.
        Wha?! Huh?! NOOOOO!!!! I freakin' love Chloe. I haven't watched the ep yet. Been too consumed with reading. But I am not happy about seeing that she wasn't in the first two hours!
        Spoiler:
        She has promo pics out and even episode stills for the first four eps, so she should be back soon. Nonetheless, two hours and no Chloe yet? That sucks.
        sigpic
        follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

        Comment


        • #5
          Lol JL!!! I'm hoping that they just want to make Chloe's intro standout as a universal fandom squee kinda like Tony's return in S4 when he appeared to rescue Jack.

          I really like when shows don't feel obligated to give every main character a bit role in each episode. It feels more real to not have them in one episode if we get a meaty plotline in another episode.

          Lydia made the punch!

          Comment


          • #6
            Well, it seems like they addressed all our concerns in this first 4 hours! (I didn't see any spoiler tags, but if I should use them - mods let me know)

            Chloe! Tony's not bad! CTU agents working together! Jack's B - A - C - K!

            And one of the moments I the best was when Jack *finally* lost that stupid trench coat!
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Cinderela View Post
              Well, it seems like they addressed all our concerns in this first 4 hours! (I didn't see any spoiler tags, but if I should use them - mods let me know)

              Chloe! Tony's not bad! CTU agents working together! Jack's B - A - C - K!
              No real point in using spoilers for something that has aired. Unless it's a really big twist and you feel generous.

              OMG! What a relief that our fave CTU agents have their own secret operation going. Plus we got an explanation of why Tony was saved and why he didn't come forward to Jack. I love this hard edged world capable Tony.

              And I can't express how awesome this season has started off. There is not a lot of superfluous storylines. And all our favorite characters are at the heart of the plotlines. I'm a little afraid of Bill though. I've always loved him but there seems to be some type of emotional disconnect that the ends justify Jack's or the prime minister's(?) deaths and he has zero waivering. Or worse zero reflection of what they lose to accomplish that.


              And one of the moments I the best was when Jack *finally* lost that stupid trench coat!
              LOL! And here I spent the first two hours thinking he looked huggable in it.

              Lydia made the punch!

              Comment


              • #8
                Okay now I'm really confused. I thought only two episodes of season 7 have aired so far. Did they air two more last night? Any info would be appreciated!

                And it was already revealed that Tony is not really evil? Thank goodness!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yeah, they did two episodes on two nights, so the first four episodes have aired in the US.

                  I'm not really familiar with the show overall, so I know these are all trusted, beloved characters, but I'm not so sure about Bill in all this. I'm glad Jack is making his own judgment.

                  I hope Walker ends up working with them, though, she is too damn interesting to be on the opposite side as Jack. And, wow, I bet she didn't think that 4 hours after she picked up Jack Bauer she'd be torturing a suspect for information.

                  Coolest thing was Chloe vs. Janis -- I bet that is why Garafolo wanted to be on the show.
                  sigpic
                  Banner by LRae12

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Cori View Post
                    Okay now I'm really confused. I thought only two episodes of season 7 have aired so far. Did they air two more last night? Any info would be appreciated!

                    And it was already revealed that Tony is not really evil? Thank goodness!
                    Yep! They did the 2 DAYS 4 HOURS event thing they've been doing since season 4 when they started premiering the show in January. OMG, I just love indulging in so many episodes!

                    (And let me be shallow and take this time to wholeheartedly agree with your early remarks on Tony's looks this year. )

                    Originally posted by KingofCretins
                    I hope Walker ends up working with them, though, she is too damn interesting to be on the opposite side as Jack. And, wow, I bet she didn't think that 4 hours after she picked up Jack Bauer she'd be torturing a suspect for information.
                    Did she just torture the guy? or did she kill him so he wouldn't talk?

                    I started off liking Walker. However she's fast to becoming an embodiment of everything I hate about the government.

                    While Walker believes she's emulating Jack she's actually becoming his antithesis. Jack regrets his actions but willing destroys his himself in order to help others. Walker seems to be taking the path of trying to be a hero and have the glory, pride, and thrill of crossing the line, saving people, and keeping her own morals intact. She doesn't have Jack's humility and utter respect for each human.

                    I deeply believe that the show is trying to play Walker and Jack against each other to show the two sides of the line that Jack walks.

                    Coolest thing was Chloe vs. Janis -- I bet that is why Garafolo wanted to be on the show.
                    LMAO! That was so funny!!! And definitely had to be done on purpose. I loved, "whoever this person is...they are GOOD."

                    Lydia made the punch!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
                      Yep! They did the 2 DAYS 4 HOURS event thing they've been doing since season 4 when they started premiering the show in January. OMG, I just love indulging in so many episodes!

                      (And let me be shallow and take this time to wholeheartedly agree with your early remarks on Tony's looks this year. )

                      Did she just torture the guy? or did she kill him so he wouldn't talk?

                      I started off liking Walker. However she's fast to becoming an embodiment of everything I hate about the government.

                      While Walker believes she's emulating Jack she's actually becoming his antithesis. Jack regrets his actions but willing destroys his himself in order to help others. Walker seems to be taking the path of trying to be a hero and have the glory, pride, and thrill of crossing the line, saving people, and keeping her own morals intact. She doesn't have Jack's humility and utter respect for each human.

                      I deeply believe that the show is trying to play Walker and Jack against each other to show the two sides of the line that Jack walks.



                      LMAO! That was so funny!!! And definitely had to be done on purpose. I loved, "whoever this person is...they are GOOD."
                      I think she just did that to get information; she called her boss with Almeida's next job after that. I thought the thing with his oxygen was pretty on-the-nose to the torture theme they're working; it was basically the same effect as waterboarding.

                      I hadn't thought of her differences from Jack -- but you might be right. I immediately liked her because she had the whole "always gets her man" intensity that I like in my TV and movie law enforcement, and she is taking her cue from Jack (or she may think). I like that she was willing to go with him on her own before.

                      But it could be that she's being set up as the cautionary tale, as you suggest.
                      sigpic
                      Banner by LRae12

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Cinderela View Post
                        Well, it seems like they addressed all our concerns in this first 4 hours! (I didn't see any spoiler tags, but if I should use them - mods let me know)

                        Chloe! Tony's not bad! CTU agents working together! Jack's B - A - C - K!
                        I just watched episodes 7.03 and 7.04 and man they were even better than the first two. I love that Tony, Bill and Chloe have their own operation and calling it CTU. And I am of course beyond relieved that Tony is not really evil, even though he has certainly become a grey area character.

                        And one of the moments I the best was when Jack *finally* lost that stupid trench coat!
                        Right there with ya! That beige trench coat was fugly! Black looks much better on Kiefer!

                        Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
                        Plus we got an explanation of why Tony was saved and why he didn't come forward to Jack. I love this hard edged world capable Tony.
                        Agreed! I have always loved Tony but this new version seems to be particularly interesting. There is a touch of dark Wes about him. And I'm not so sure that killing his boss (if it comes to that) won't pose a problem for Tony, he really seems to have a friendly/brotherly connection with the guy.

                        I loved all the Jack and Tony moments in these two eps. It cracked me up when they apologised to each other for saying all that horrible stuff about Teri and nearly killing Tony respectively. Even Tony had to chuckle a bit.

                        Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
                        LMAO! That was so funny!!! And definitely had to be done on purpose. I loved, "whoever this person is...they are GOOD."
                        I loved that as well, it's always good when Chloe gets her props.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
                          No real point in using spoilers for something that has aired. Unless it's a really big twist and you feel generous.

                          OMG! What a relief that our fave CTU agents have their own secret operation going. Plus we got an explanation of why Tony was saved and why he didn't come forward to Jack. I love this hard edged world capable Tony.

                          And I can't express how awesome this season has started off. There is not a lot of superfluous storylines. And all our favorite characters are at the heart of the plotlines. I'm a little afraid of Bill though. I've always loved him but there seems to be some type of emotional disconnect that the ends justify Jack's or the prime minister's(?) deaths and he has zero waivering. Or worse zero reflection of what they lose to accomplish that.

                          LOL! And here I spent the first two hours thinking he looked huggable in it.
                          Right there with ya - the awesomeness factor is off the scale! Also with ya on the a little afraid of Bill - it seems certain he knows things he's not telling yet. Also, I've got big suspisions of the Chief of Staff (I haven't learned all their names yet) I wonder if he's *another* aide that's on the dark side.

                          Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
                          Yeah, they did two episodes on two nights, so the first four episodes have aired in the US.

                          I'm not really familiar with the show overall, so I know these are all trusted, beloved characters, but I'm not so sure about Bill in all this. I'm glad Jack is making his own judgment.

                          I hope Walker ends up working with them, though, she is too damn interesting to be on the opposite side as Jack. And, wow, I bet she didn't think that 4 hours after she picked up Jack Bauer she'd be torturing a suspect for information.

                          Coolest thing was Chloe vs. Janis -- I bet that is why Garafolo wanted to be on the show.
                          If you aren't familiar with the show over all, I would suggest that Walker's character is way too new to be trusting her *at all* at this point - the FBI mole identity is a *very* short list. She could be it. (At this point, I'm leaning toward Janis!) And I hope we get to see a *lot* more of Chloe VS Janis - Chloe needs the challenge and we get the bonus of a bigger plot for her this year.

                          Originally posted by Cori View Post
                          Right there with ya! That beige trench coat was fugly! Black looks much better on Kiefer!

                          Agreed! I have always loved Tony but this new version seems to be particularly interesting. There is a touch of dark Wes about him. And I'm not so sure that killing his boss (if it comes to that) won't pose a problem for Tony, he really seems to have a friendly/brotherly connection with the guy.

                          I loved all the Jack and Tony moments in these two eps. It cracked me up when they apologised to each other for saying all that horrible stuff about Teri and nearly killing Tony respectively. Even Tony had to chuckle a bit.

                          I loved that as well, it's always good when Chloe gets her props.
                          Totally agree - big Chloe lover here! It seems our favs are BACK and so far, anyway, the plot seems very riveting.

                          What would any of us do facing the President's current decision?
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Cinderela View Post
                            Right there with ya - the awesomeness factor is off the scale! Also with ya on the a little afraid of Bill - it seems certain he knows things he's not telling yet. Also, I've got big suspisions of the Chief of Staff (I haven't learned all their names yet) I wonder if he's *another* aide that's on the dark side.
                            Bob Gunton is *always* bad, though -- he's gotta be in on it. I mean, he's opposing the invasion, which is what Juma and (Debaku?) want. I mean, it would be as bad if Sean Bean was the Chief of Staff.

                            If you aren't familiar with the show over all, I would suggest that Walker's character is way too new to be trusting her *at all* at this point - the FBI mole identity is a *very* short list. She could be it. (At this point, I'm leaning toward Janis!) And I hope we get to see a *lot* more of Chloe VS Janis - Chloe needs the challenge and we get the bonus of a bigger plot for her this year.
                            I think Ehlwyen is probably right -- she'll be the cautionary tale character. She may or may not be on Jack's side in either sense, but I think she'll be the one that tries to do it his way and it doesn't work out.

                            Janis is my pick for the mole -- they've done too much to sell her loveability.

                            What would any of us do facing the President's current decision?
                            I think the right call is to go forward. Trust your law enforcement and intelligence services to do the best they can with the CIP problem, but she can't compromise her own credibility, or that of the United States, by capitulating. It would never stop after that, ever.
                            sigpic
                            Banner by LRae12

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
                              Janis is my pick for the mole -- they've done too much to sell her loveability.

                              I think the right call is to go forward. Trust your law enforcement and intelligence services to do the best they can with the CIP problem, but she can't compromise her own credibility, or that of the United States, by capitulating. It would never stop after that, ever.
                              That's the way I'm feeling at this point, especially after being "caught" accessing the terminal and *pretending* to be afraid. Also, the mole has to be someone with an extremely high security clearance. Wouldn't shock me if it was the FBI boss.

                              Not trying to be political with this, it was more of a "what the hell would you do with impossible choices" thought. I also think the right call has to be to go forward not only because she has given her word already (although that is not a *small* consideration - I kinda it when the President doesn't break promises) but because of your exact point, King. Once there's blood in the water, every shark cruises in for a meal.

                              Can't wait to see what happens next!
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                I just watched all six seasons all over again after Christmas. SO it got me in a BIG 24 mood. And then I started reading the Twilight saga for the first time and I lost all my 24 momentum. /fandom whore

                                But it's great to have to back finally. I watching the fourth hour now. Woo for Tony! Missed him. 24 is one of those shows that is not at all scared to kill off its characters and as a result you have to learn to trust new people over and over again.

                                I am liking Janeane Garofalo's Janice a lot because she makes a great counterpart to Chloe who I freakin' adore! omg, I will be so upset if they ever kill her off.

                                Man, this season has like an entirely new cast. The only remnants of the past are Jack, Chloe, Bill and Tony. Everyone else is brand new. Never having made an appearance before. So weird!

                                But I like it because it allows for this neat formation of "CTU 2.0."
                                sigpic
                                follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
                                  I just watched all six seasons all over again after Christmas. SO it got me in a BIG 24 mood. And then I started reading the Twilight saga for the first time and I lost all my 24 momentum. /fandom whore

                                  But it's great to have to back finally. I watching the fourth hour now. Woo for Tony! Missed him. 24 is one of those shows that is not at all scared to kill off its characters and as a result you have to learn to trust new people over and over again.

                                  I am liking Janeane Garofalo's Janice a lot because she makes a great counterpart to Chloe who I freakin' adore! omg, I will be so upset if they ever kill her off.

                                  Man, this season has like an entirely new cast. The only remnants of the past are Jack, Chloe, Bill and Tony. Everyone else is brand new. Never having made an appearance before. So weird!

                                  But I like it because it allows for this neat formation of "CTU 2.0."
                                  Wow - to have all the previous seasons to rewatch at will.......Santa wasn't *that* good to me! *Totally OT* How are you liking Twilight, oh fandom whore? *back to topic*

                                  I was starting to wonder if they would find a way to bring Michelle back too! And a *big* to even the *thought* of EVER killing Chloe off! I want to see more Chloe VS Janice just so Chloe could have more air time.

                                  And, being a veteran watcher, I'm having a hard time remembering what happened which season! *Total DVD envy* Am I the only that still misses the Palmers? How can you really trust anyone besides Jack & Chloe? They've taken us down so many different twisty roads that anything is likely to happen at any time! They certainly have no problem killing off central characters.

                                  And the "core four" will very possibly earn back the full size CTU - they will prove how necessary it really is!
                                  sigpic

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by Cinderela View Post
                                    And, being a veteran watcher, I'm having a hard time remembering what happened which season! *Total DVD envy* Am I the only that still misses the Palmers? How can you really trust anyone besides Jack & Chloe? They've taken us down so many different twisty roads that anything is likely to happen at any time! They certainly have no problem killing off central characters.

                                    And the "core four" will very possibly earn back the full size CTU - they will prove how necessary it really is!
                                    I miss David Palmer certainly. Thank goodness for Allstate commercials! But I liked Palmer's sister quite a bit or at least I like Regina King. I wouldn't ever oppose her showing back up.

                                    Originally posted by KingofCretins
                                    I'm not really familiar with the show overall, so I know these are all trusted, beloved characters, but I'm not so sure about Bill in all this. I'm glad Jack is making his own judgment.
                                    I missed that you said this earlier. But now we have Little-Miss-Marathoned-All-Six-Seasons-Over-Christmas in here, I want her to double check what I'm remembering.

                                    Bill should hate the government even more than Tony. Bill had a relationship with Michelle and lost her to Tony and she was killed within a year. He was trying to get over his loss of her by at least knowing she was happy. And then he couldn't even grieve her death properly since she was Tony's wife. Also wasn't Bill sidelined from his head position at CTU in the last season. Like fired and sent home? For no reason?

                                    Tony may have died, but he at least has the benefit of a near death experience to give him motivation. Bill was robbed of both his passion and credibility and told to just live in the civilian sector. I think Bill feels he has something to prove in order to regain something of himself. Tony is more broken down in that he realizes he can't ever be satisfied with himself and doesn't have that crazy hope. Bill is definitely the loose cannon imo.

                                    Lydia made the punch!

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      If you miss President Cerrano, you can always rent "Major League"

                                      "ah, Jesus... I like him very much. But He not help with curveball"

                                      "are you sayin' Jesus Christ can't hit a curve?!"

                                      I love Dennis Haysbert, and was glad DB got the job for a while... did he get fragged, too?

                                      I don't know about that Bill guy... he just seems so ambivalent, especially about the Prez-in-exile guy... Mabuto? I mean, what's the point of stopping Juma's conspiracy in the government, and by extension, the US plan to get rid of Juma, if you don't think the guy who would step in is worth protecting? What's the point if Sangala has nobody to lead it?
                                      sigpic
                                      Banner by LRae12

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
                                        But now we have Little-Miss-Marathoned-All-Six-Seasons-Over-Christmas in here, I want her to double check what I'm remembering.


                                        Bill should hate the government even more than Tony. Bill had a relationship with Michelle and lost her to Tony and she was killed within a year. He was trying to get over his loss of her by at least knowing she was happy. And then he couldn't even grieve her death properly since she was Tony's wife. Also wasn't Bill sidelined from his head position at CTU in the last season. Like fired and sent home? For no reason?
                                        More or less. But don't forget that Bill ended up marrying Karen and she was working in DC with Pres. Palmer 2.0...and to avoid fracturing the presidency, she was required to fire him. Later she helps in a clandestine mission and gets arrested herself.

                                        So I think he knows enough about the internal politics to be suspicious of the government. Everyone has an agenda...
                                        sigpic
                                        follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X