Waterloo Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterloo Road

Is anybody on here watching Waterloo Road, if so what did you think about the series opener.

Personally I found it to be a rather good piece of Television for a british drama which in my opinion are 9/10 times never as good as American ones. I loved the way that they handled Rachels recovery and how despite the front she was showing. She is still affected by the fire as shown by her initial relutence to act on the news of a gun not wanting to raise a panic, or deal with the same pressure once again.

I also loved the majority of the new family to the show with the exception of the psycho brother who I believe they did a successful job of making a truly dispicable character. Honestly imagine sending your younger 11 year brother to Prison for something you did. Truly a disgrace.

What about you guys? What did you think?
    Livejournal

Avatar made by Shameless666 of Livejournal

I haven't seen Waterloo Road in ages... i kept meaning to watch because it is as actually one of the better British drama's on right now... i remember feeling strangely hooked first time i saw it.
    i feel a bit sad i haven't done so recently.

sorry, i haven't addressed any of the things you asked in your post... haha.

x
    "Blue in the face with a choking regret."

Comment

lol don't worry about it! It really is one of the better dramas isn't it and BBC seem to have realized it too as they have moved this season up from the typical 6 episodes to 20 with the season opener being an 1 and a half.

If you are really looking to watch it. It can be watched here completely legal on the BBC Iplayer http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/search/?q=waterloo%20road
      Livejournal

Comment

ooo thank you!
        i'll do just that once my computer decides to be nice to me, and work properley, haha.

x

Comment

Your Welcome And I hate it when that happens had to deal with a virus that my schools crappy network placed on to my memory pen which then put it on the laptop
          Livejournal

Comment

No one is replying to this thread... I feel sorry for British Television Dramas, and a bit ashamed for my country, heh. Why can't we have a movie star mayor too?! Then we'd be just as good...
            I kind of also feel like i'm spamming, so i'll stop, haha.

I always leave my memory pen in the hard-drive at school... i'm surprised someone hasn't stolen it already, tbh...

x

Comment

Okay guys you are really getting off-topic and spammy here. Please stay on topic, I don't want to warn you both for spamming. Thank you.

Comment

Okay, so i finally watched the first episode... overall, i really liked it.
                The introduction was very well done. The BBC has always had a high quality of direction, but it's good to see they're trying to mix things up at bit. It's an aptly realistic drama and the direction, production and soundtrack bring it right up to date, and make it that much more palatable.
                It was also great seeing some new young actors introduced to the show, that I've seen elsewhere and wished they'd have more exposure; Marley, Errol and Sam being them. I think the great thing about British drama is that fresh young talent is rooted out and rewarded... I can see big things for some of the child actors in Waterloo Road.
                Some great story lines are emerging, and I think introducing a new family is just what the show needs to refresh old ones, and also keep viewers interested.
                The show dealt with Rachel's emotions concerning her return and her injuries extremely well. I didn't feel too overburdened with it and at the same time I had full understanding of what she was experiencing.

Anyway, those are just my initial thoughts...

x

Comment

Working...
                X