New shows, or new seasons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New shows, or new seasons!

My channel is starting 2009 with new seasons of Ghost Whisperer (on Sundays) and Private Practice (on Thursdays).
    While I wait for my Dollhouse, I started season 4 of GW yesterday. I liked it a lot, although I thought it was predictable. The introduction of Eli is intriguing and I?m gonna miss Rick Payne, he?s amazingly funny. But what interests me the most is the show being able to move on to other things, the show is changing.
    This Thursday, it?s time for PP. I?m actually curious about it.

What about you? What are you watching?

I'm re-watching all of Buffy, at Season 6 now.
    I'm half way through Lost Season 3, still need to complete it upto Season 4!
    I'm gonna start watching One Tree Hill as I like The O.C and I've been told it's similar by my mate who's leant it me, and I'm also going to give House a go, see if it's as good as I've heard.

I'm never up to date with TV Series, however I'm pretty much upto date with Desperate Housewives. And Ugly Betty. That's about it

Comment

Bones is the only current show I follow. I will give Dollhouse a good try, though.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
      "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

I'll be watching Bones, BSG, HIMYM, Gossip Girl (though I'm way behind, haven't started season 2), Supernatural... oh and The Closer.

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

I'll be watching 24 (I may be behind, but WHATEVER ), Dollhouse, Fringe, Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles, Prison Break, House, Bones, Damages, Battlestar Galactica, Smallville, Supernatural, The Officer, 30 Rock, Chuck, Heroes....um, I think that's about it Yeah, I know, a lot of shows, but I wove them all (except Fringe, but I'm really liking it!)

The MAYBE shows that I have enjoyed but don't think I'll be watching on a regular basis are Monk, Psych, and Burn Notice. All USA series, all VERY good. I'm really liking the first two and I'm LOVING Burn Notice, but I'm still on Season 1 of Burn Notice, hence the not watching on a regular basis. Want to catch up first

Comment

Oh, I forgot - House! Very excited for more House.

Comment

I'll continue watching 'The Office' and maybe 'Heroes' as well as 'Dollhouse' but that's about it for me... I'm pretty picky about my shows, I dropped off 'Terminator' and 'Supernatural' both a while back and am hanging on by a thread with 'Heroes.'

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
                I'll continue watching 'The Office' and maybe 'Heroes' as well as 'Dollhouse' but that's about it for me... I'm pretty picky about my shows, I dropped off 'Terminator' and 'Supernatural' both a while back and am hanging on by a thread with 'Heroes.'
                Just wondering when you stopped Supernatural? Cos season 4 is really good at the moment. Hilarious stuff with suicidal teddybears...

Comment

I currently watch: "Brothers & Sisters", "Gossip Girl", "Chuck", "Heroes", "90210", "Lost", "Smallville", "Supernatural", "Degrassi: The Next Generation", "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles". Oh, and "The Hills" and "The City."

I'll definitely check "Dollhouse" out. I'm not sure I'll watch it regularly, but if it hooks me, I'll continue to watch it.

ALSO, recently, I decided to check out the first episode of "True Blood" and I really liked it. So, I'll defiantly continue watching that.
                  Thomas
                  Ŧħ?'mąś
                  Last edited by Thomas; 06-01-09, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Oh, yes, totally forgot about "Lost". Not yet finished Season 4, but I will be by January 20thish

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie Gilmore View Post
                      Just wondering when you stopped Supernatural? Cos season 4 is really good at the moment. Hilarious stuff with suicidal teddybears...
                      I'd heard a lot of people on these boards saying how great the show was and I'd got caught and episode or two on TV so I decided to buy the first season. I watched it but wasn't heaps impressed, I thought visually it was amazing and I enjoyed the general premise behind it but there far too many monster of the week type of episodes to get me hooked. I was informed that season two was quite different so I managed to get my hands on it and watch it, but unfortunately for some reason I still wasn't hooked. I don't hate it or anything, I think there's a lot of effort put into the show and I've caught the odd episode of season three and the first episode or two of season four but it hasn't really held my interest.

It's a shame really because it's a show I really wanted to get into it and it's not something I dislike just not something that I can truly invest in. To be honest I think it may have to do with the fact Sam and Dean are the only two main characters. Where I completely understand people's POV that this is actually a great benefit as there is far more time and room to flesh out these two characters really well in comparison to an ensemble cast where some characters are never greatly developed in comparison to others, I think I loose interest with just the two, I need more variation than that. It doesn’t help really that I find Sam a little irritating unfortunately, so it only really leaves me with Dean who I’m generally happy with. Sam’s not a horrible character by any means but I find him slightly tedious, though I think it’s a good idea from what I’ve seen and heard how their corrupting him a little this season, it might spice him up a bit.

I may give ‘Supernatural’ another try again sometime, and there’s some episodes in season one I occasionally watch, especially when Julie Benz guest stared (faith perhaps?) I choked up at the end in her final conversation with Dean, that was heartbreaking. There's enough material and backstory in there that I enjoy that I'd never write the show off completely but who knows really
                      vampmogs
                      Slayer Supporter
                      Last edited by vampmogs; 07-01-09, 12:00 AM.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I only saw season one but I?m actually curious to watch more. I really like the brothers, and some of the stories. Probably gonna buy the second season soon! One of the characters that I really like in the season is Meg.

Comment

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
                          I'd heard a lot of people on these boards saying how great the show was and I'd got caught and episode or two on TV so I decided to buy the first season. I watched it but wasn't heaps impressed, I thought visually it was amazing and I enjoyed the general premise behind it but there far too many monster of the week type of episodes to get me hooked. I was informed that season two was quite different so I managed to get my hands on it and watch it, but unfortunately for some reason I still wasn't hooked. I don't hate it or anything, I think there's a lot of effort put into the show and I've caught the odd episode of season three and the first episode or two of season four but it hasn't really held my interest.
                          As someone who really wasn't all that impressed with Supernatural at first, I'd definitely say give it another go. Though, it was season 2 that convinced me, so perhaps the same won't go for you? But it may be a case of watching it in the right mood, and it'll grab you. A lot of the issues I had with it (heavy-handedness about "look, these boys don't want to talk about their emotions? but they're talking about their emotions" and slightly clunky stuff about myths and legends (all that talk about lore was a bit annoying at first, I always wanted them to question it and not just take these things as read)?those issues either didn't seem as important after a while, or faded away. I think the writing got a lot tighter, and the emotions became realer as the arcs developed.

The big arc stuff definitely increases, and the current arc is almost all main plot not MOTW. Some of the MOTW stuff is genius though, with some brilliant pop cultural fun, plus some great jokes.

I can see what you mean about only two main characters ? that's something that does shift in season 4, somewhat, but it's never an ensemble show. However, the big forward thrust of the story is something that really carried me along, and the characters themselves grow and change. Sam in particular, though Dean adds layers as time goes by, but perhaps in a softer, less dramatic way? That's just imo though, I'm sure other people might think Dean changes more.

On a more general topic, does anyone know if there's a list anywhere of when all the shows are starting up? Could we make a thread like that? I'm a bit clueless about US show dates.

Comment

On a more general topic, does anyone know if there's a list anywhere of when all the shows are starting up? Could we make a thread like that? I'm a bit clueless about US show dates.
                            Good idea, I wish I knew all of them myself. 24 starts Sunday. SN and SV start January 15.

A quick internet search looks like Dollhouse doesn't start until Friday February 13. Wow that feels so far off. I'd guess TSCC starts back then too.

I'll be watching:

Supernatural, Smallville, Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles, Dollhouse, Medium, and Chuck.

I hope to watch Bones but with it airing opposite of SV/SN I don't see that happening.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Kristin put up a good comprehensive one awhile back.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watc...ere_dates.html

I watch a lot of shows. But I am most looking forward to Lost!!! And then Battlestar Galactica. And 24 and Burn Notice and am happy to get new eps of HIMY&M and Chuck too. But that's only a few of the shows I currently watch.
                              sigpic
                              follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

All USA series, all VERY good. I'm really liking the first two and I'm LOVING Burn Notice, but I'm still on Season 1 of Burn Notice, hence the not watching on a regular basis. Want to catch up first
                                Hey Blasterboy. If u like those 3 then u should give "In Plain Sight" a try. Its also a USA Original series. I think Pysch and Burn Notice are a bit better made than it but IMO still a helluva good watch
                                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
                                  Good idea, I wish I knew all of them myself. 24 starts Sunday. SN and SV start January 15.
                                  I'll try to get around to making a list! Would be handy to have all in one place. I'll add those to the list, thanks.

Dollhouse is far, far away, sniff. But time goes quickly, so perhaps not all that far.

I hope to watch Bones but with it airing opposite of SV/SN I don't see that happening.
                                  We watch everything on itunes, so at least that's not an issue.

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
                                  Kristin put up a good comprehensive one awhile back.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watc...ere_dates.html
                                  Can't access that at work but will check it out, thank you

Comment

I'd love to know if ABC are going to air the final three episodes of Pushing Daisies, but it doesn't seem to be on that list, alas.

Without that, my US viewing schedule is pretty much just Supernatural and TSCC.

Comment

I currently watch or will be watching soon: "Brothers & Sisters", "Gossip Girl", "Chuck", "Smallville", "Supernatural", "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles", "Bones", "24", "Battlestar Galactica", "True Blood" (when it returns, which could take a while) and "Grey's Anatomy".

I have dropped "Heroes" and "Prison Break" for now but will probably catch up during the summer. I'll definitely watch "Dollhouse".

Comment

Originally posted by Llywela View Post
                                        I'd love to know if ABC are going to air the final three episodes of Pushing Daisies, but it doesn't seem to be on that list, alas.
                                        I read that one was supposed to air last night but ABC decided not to. They say they may air them in the summer but I wouldn't bet on it. I think we may have to wait for a DVD release.
                                        sigpic
                                        follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Working...
                                        X