11th Doctor announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11th Doctor announced

Dude! Doctors are getting younger and younger these days, aint they?

I rather like the look of the new guy. Kind of a Vince Noir take on the Doc perhaps? He's crazy and alien looking. Just looking for a pic to link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Smith_(British_actor)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7807996.stm
    Wolfie Gilmore
    Sad Castiel
    Last edited by Wolfie Gilmore; 03-01-09, 07:15 PM.

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

I was just reading it. The choice suprised me; young and unknown. Does somebody know if he is a good actor?

edit:

A nice picture somebody posted over at ONTD;
    http://i42.tinypic.com/2r47om1.jpg
    Nina
    and her haircut.
    Last edited by Nina; 03-01-09, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Nina, he was very good in Party Animals (drama about people working in parliament). I think his striking oddness will be a great starting point. No clue which direction they'll take him in, but I'm hoping they'll go for the alien side of things rather than the more blokey/excited puppy/sad puppy Tennant.

Comment

I'd never really considered him at all, although I did watch Party Animals. He's very young but he does have that certain something. As Wolfie says he has elements of Vince Noir about him with perhaps a dash of Tom Baker. Overall I'll wait and see but I think they could have done a lot worse.
        JUST ENOUGH KILL

sigpic
        Banner by Ciderdrinker

Comment

Originally posted by tangent View Post
          I'd never really considered him at all, although I did watch Party Animals. He's very young but he does have that certain something. As Wolfie says he has elements of Vince Noir about him with perhaps a dash of Tom Baker. Overall I'll wait and see but I think they could have done a lot worse.
          VEry much so. I'm on my knees, thanking heaven fasting that it wasn't james nesbitt.

Tempted to rewatch Party Animals now, to try and gather some thoughts on how he might act the Doctor. But something tells me it won't be that easy to predict yet. When the costume's revealed, maybe that'll give insights?

I'm thinking slightly that he might be a puckish figure, or something like Tim in the Books of Magic.

Comment

I love him already. I don't care if he can act

Not true

On his imdb page it shows him being in two shows with Billie Piper Yes, I'M GOING THERE!
            I am not sure I like him being so young though.. he's younger than me, that's just plain WRONG But I do very much like the look of him and he is wearing SMARTICAL GLASSES
            I am also really glad that they've chosen someone who's somewhat "unknown" - it's sort of like starting off on a clean slate, right? Like, we don't really associate him with anything else
            >> and we want s p e c t a c u l a r v i e w s if we're to stay for the w e e k e n d <<

Comment

I'm glad that he can act, it would torture me to watch a bad actor as the doctor. The more I see, the more excited I become. I wished that he would be a bit older but I can live with this as well. And who will become his companion, another girl of his age or will they go another route?

Comment

As I said in the other thread I'm a bit boggled by how young he looks (although not put off, because Peter Davison was also very young for the role) and I hate his hair. But I think he has plenty of potential.

I can't wait to see what they end up doing with his hair and wardrobe. Be great when proper pics start to come out.

Comment

I doubt that this will be his look (I expect something more colorful after 9 and 10), but;

http://i44.tinypic.com/fblwup.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/2mw8qyb.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Leloo View Post
                    I love him already. I don't care if he can act

Not true

On his imdb page it shows him being in two shows with Billie Piper Yes, I'M GOING THERE!
                    I am not sure I like him being so young though.. he's younger than me, that's just plain WRONG But I do very much like the look of him and he is wearing SMARTICAL GLASSES
                    I am also really glad that they've chosen someone who's somewhat "unknown" - it's sort of like starting off on a clean slate, right? Like, we don't really associate him with anything else
                    I agree. I'm in love already!!! (And do go there, please.)

My sister called me up earlier today and said he looked a little goofy and emo. But I think he looks fairly light hearted and adventurous. I'm so excited.

LMAO, the hair is kinda wild, but I dig it. Though I doubt this is going to be his look. But what do I know about British tv.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Whoa. He does seem awfully young but that could be fun. I'm feeling pretty optimistic.
                      "All I ask is that... that you try to see me."

Comment

One thing I don't get is all the ASBO jokes. This guy's really posh! Rather doubt he's going to be in hoodies or with ASBOs. Not all youf get ASBOs. It's as if young people are just one single mass. Honestly. Old people today, I don't know

(well, I sort of do know, being closer to old people than young people...dude, I'm closer to 40 than being a teenager these days, that is WEIRD)

Comment

I think the entire backlash that Mr Smith is getting in certain corners of the internet is absolutely laughable. Apparantly 26 year olds still wear short pants, school uniforms and/or nappies and a romper suit. He's also too similar/not as Hawt! as DT and as he hasn't been in stuff some people have seen is a nobody who can't act. In short it's a case of 'Oh nooooes it's the end of the entire series, worst Doctor evah!!!!11one. And all this is before he's even had his first five minute on screen. sheesh!
                          JUST ENOUGH KILL

sigpic
                          Banner by Ciderdrinker

Comment

Wasn't the same happening when they said that Donna would return and when David was chosen to be the Doctor? It's clearly something that's part of the fandom. They hate new people, to be totally turned the moment they see the first episode. Doesn't change that I really hope that Matt Smith stayed away from the internet because he looks so happy when he talks about him being the new doctor.
                            Nina
                            and her haircut.
                            Last edited by Nina; 07-01-09, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Almost everyone hated DT when he was announced too lol. I personally am waiting to see him in action before judging. He looks very alienish in those pics though.

Comment

He's cute! Looks like they went with Tennant's body-type and look. Isn't it interesting how The Doctor gets younger and younger...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi.../a7/10dr19.jpg
                                -TP<3
                                "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                                - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePoet's<3 View Post
                                  He's cute! Looks like they went with Tennant's body-type and look. Isn't it interesting how The Doctor gets younger and younger...
                                  I am guessing it has to do with the generation. I just don't see it being as fun watching an old guy as Doctor Who. It would be less action-y and wild and a lot more stuffy.

Comment

You should check out a few of the older Doctors, Travis - I don't think any of them could be described as 'stuffy', with the exception perhaps of the First. And Jon Pertwee's Third Doctor tends to be remembered as one of the most action-based of the lot, despite being one of the oldest. Every one of them very definitely falls under the heading of eccentric, a far cry from stuffy.

Plus, although it is true that he has been generally getting younger with each new regeneration, the Fifth Doctor actually still holds the record of the youngest ever, at least until Matt Smith is in situ. Peter Davison was about 30 when he started filming, beating David Tennant by a good few years.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePoet's<3 View Post

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi.../a7/10dr19.jpg
                                      I said about the Doctor getting younger, although that must mean they have to stop soon because they can't exactly have a teenager or a kid in the role, can they? It'd be too much like Sarah Jane.

That said, I have noticed how all of the Doctors have had fairly big noses.

The first picture posted by Nina makes me think he looks like an elf, if you just glance at it, it's like his hair becomes a part of his ear and makes it look pointy.
                                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                      X