Burn Notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burn Notice

Did anyone watch? I was just flipping through channels last night and noticed it was on; I'd seen promos for it so I decided to check it out. Am so glad I did! My DVR is already set to record it every week.

It's very sly and cheeky. I laughed several times and I am so interested about where it's going. What's with the burn notice anyway?

So, did anyone watch besides me?
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
    Did anyone watch? I was just flipping through channels last night and noticed it was on; I'd seen promos for it so I decided to check it out. Am so glad I did! My DVR is already set to record it every week.

It's very sly and cheeky. I laughed several times and I am so interested about where it's going. What's with the burn notice anyway?

So, did anyone watch besides me?
    I tried to watch last night because it was on at 1 am instead of Psych, but it was late and fell asleep From what I saw, I really enjoyed it though. I thought it was funny Plus...spies, PIs? I'll be entertained. I only couldn't get past the fact that the lead actor was the jerk in Hitch, but I don't think it'd be much of an issue
    would you do anything for me

buy a new diamond ring for me

Comment

Yeah, the lead guy, Jeffery Donovan, was actually perfectly cast. It took me a few minutes to warm to him but he is so dry and sardonic, sarcastic and slightly monotone....I just love his delivery of his lines. It's a super fun show! I even found some HQ promos. MUST fanart.

(I've watched some Psych and it's so funny. I haven't been a weekly watcher. Will have to get the dvds when the price drops. )
      sigpic
      follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Okay, saw the whole episode! And I liked it more than I thought I would. Like, I'd actually watch and follow it, rather than tune in casually. Not OMG favorite show evah (or at least one of them...yet.) But it was fun and actually interesting. The thing I mostly didn't care for was Fiona, the ex-girlfriend. Usually I'd totally think the whole kinky butt-kicking female is hilarious or cool, but she just kind of annoyed me

Yeah, the lead guy, Jeffery Donovan, was actually perfectly cast. It took me a few minutes to warm to him but he is so dry and sardonic, sarcastic and slightly monotone....I just love his delivery of his lines. It's a super fun show! I even found some HQ promos. MUST fanart.
        And Michael does get some awesome lines and he totally sells them. It might not be the only show that's ever done it, but I love his unattached, reluctance (but we all know he's probably a softy inside). Call me corny, but I loved the part where he keeps talking about being spy, but can't seem to get past Mom crying in his shirt

(I've watched some Psych and it's so funny. I haven't been a weekly watcher. Will have to get the dvds when the price drops. )
        Hoot! And possibly cap it?

Comment

Originally posted by little albatross View Post
          The thing I mostly didn't care for was Fiona, the ex-girlfriend. Usually I'd totally think the whole kinky butt-kicking female is hilarious or cool, but she just kind of annoyed me
          You're not alone. I thought she was very awkward. And I did not believe her Irish accent at all; I think that may be one of the main reasons I didn't care for her. I know the actress, Gabrielle Anwar, is British but still. Time will tell if she grows on me.

I am definitely catching the next ep though. Yay for DVRs!!

Hoot! And possibly cap it?
          Every time I watch something on dvd nowadays I just cap it. So if they go on sale I will totally do it.
          sigpic

Comment

You're not alone. I thought she was very awkward. And I did not believe her Irish accent at all; I think that may be one of the main reasons I didn't care for her. I know the actress, Gabrielle Anwar, is British but still. Time will tell if she grows on me.
            I really do think that the accent may have been my main problem with her Since the character decided that she can't "talk like a freaking leprechaun" anymore, I actually found her a bit more bearable. I don't exactly like her, but I do think she had more appeal than the first episode. I actually found her a bit funny at times

I don't know if it was the accent, or just the fact that it's a different episode, different situation, not a pilot...hmm

But yay, second episode and I'm still liking it It usually takes a few or more episodes to hook me or turn me off, so I'll stick it out. But I like it. Some things are starting to get on my nerves, like the subtitle introductions- not horrible, but they get annoying for me. And Sam in his underwear is a sight I'm not begging for. Ever! It was funny in the context though.

Dude. Michael rocks. He's cool. I love him. (I'm articulate and deep?)

Comment

I love Michael too. The cast him perfectly. So dry and sardonic.

Fiona was less annoying this week indeed. I have to say I don't mind the subtitles much. What I like stylistically about the show is all the freeze frames--the lingering ones AND the quick ones. It sets it apart from most shows.

I'm sticking it out too! My and my guy were talking about how much we enjoy it; we laugh quite a bit during the show-something you would expect from a spy serial! It's nice to have a show we can watch together besides Lost.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm also not too keen on Gabrielle Anwar, but I did like her better in episode two. Bruce Campbell is great. I enjoy the rest of the cast also. Great series. Good blend of action, drama, and comedy.

Comment

My DVR is set to record this every week, too! I laugh out loud several times during every episode. Just the very idea that he can be so cool talking about who wanted him killed is very amusing.

And I totally love his mother! I didn't even realize it was Sharon Gless until I IMDB'd it! The dynamic between him and his mother is hilarious!

Yahoo to capping it - must fanart it!
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh my. What's this change of heart? I realized that I absolutely adore Fiona nowadays. She cracks me up! And I love her scenes with Sam. I mean, I'm enjoying her relationship with Michael fine enough. But she and Sam make me laugh

Comment

I was having the same thoughts, J.j. The first two eps didn't do much for her but now she is so shiny and fun! I love what a little hater of Sam she is. And her snide not-so-under-the-breath remarks about him are hilarious.

Also, the show has been picked up for a second season already!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by little albatross View Post
                        Oh my. What's this change of heart? I realized that I absolutely adore Fiona nowadays. She cracks me up! And I love her scenes with Sam. I mean, I'm enjoying her relationship with Michael fine enough. But she and Sam make me laugh
                        Me, three! I'm loving Fiona now! Especially that she's so fearless - there's nothing she won't try. And her relentless wanting to discuss their relationship is hilarious.

I was having the same thoughts, J.j. The first two eps didn't do much for her but now she is so shiny and fun! I love what a little hater of Sam she is. And her snide not-so-under-the-breath remarks about him are hilarious.

Also, the show has been picked up for a second season already!
                        That's a perfect description, Jenni Lou - Fiona is now shiny and fun! I'm so glad the show has been renewed already - I'd miss it if it went off the air. It's smart, funny and very unpredictable. Also, it's fresh with it's over the action narration and snapshot apprach.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cinderela View Post
                          That's a perfect description, Jenni Lou - Fiona is now shiny and fun! I'm so glad the show has been renewed already - I'd miss it if it went off the air. It's smart, funny and very unpredictable. Also, it's fresh with it's over the action narration and snapshot apprach.
                          Oh, yes. The still frames are fantastic; they pause the action for a second as you get that great and funny narration to fill you in on the cool little spy things he's learned over the years. Every week me and the fiance laugh a number of times, mostly during those narrated moments. Michael is such a smooth and smart guy. I have to say, I am glad I accidentally stumbled on the channel to catch the pilot because it's the only show me and my guy watch together since Lost is on hiatus.
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh, yes. The still frames are fantastic; they pause the action for a second as you get that great and funny narration to fill you in on the cool little spy things he's learned over the years. Every week me and the fiance laugh a number of times, mostly during those narrated moments. Michael is such a smooth and smart guy. I have to say, I am glad I accidentally stumbled on the channel to catch the pilot because it's the only show me and my guy watch together since Lost is on hiatus.
                            Wow! I'm a lucky girl! My guy will also watch Psych, The 4400, The Dead Zone and The Closer with me! (I think he likes Kyra!)

So -

Spoiler:
                            Now that Michael has gotten his dossier and knows the identity of the person that burned him, where do you think they are taking the plot? They now know they have an entire 2nd season to play with!

And I'm still loving Fiona! Her continuous begging for permission to shoot whoever has her annoyed is very, very funny! I loved Michael saying "You DON'T want to deal with Fiona!". How long can he avoid her nagging him to talk about their relationship?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cinderela View Post
                              Wow! I'm a lucky girl! My guy will also watch Psych, The 4400, The Dead Zone and The Closer with me! (I think he likes Kyra!)

So -

Spoiler:
                              Now that Michael has gotten his dossier and knows the identity of the person that burned him, where do you think they are taking the plot? They now know they have an entire 2nd season to play with!
                              Yeah, my guy will watch more stuff but it's a matter of getting to sit down together and actually, you know, watch it. We still haven't gotten around to finishing BSG s3! But right now I am amaking him watch Firefly which he has never seen, the doof!

Well, I read a while back an interview with the showrunner who said he did not want to make a show where Michael was searching for the source of his burn ( Come on, that sounds funny!) for several seasons and so he said that by the end of s1 the story would have reached a certain ending point. I'm not sure what that means for s2 but I am sure there are lots of possibilities to explore with that.
                              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, my guy will watch more stuff but it's a matter of getting to sit down together and actually, you know, watch it. We still haven't gotten around to finishing BSG s3! But right now I am amaking him watch Firefly which he has never seen, the doof!

Well, I read a while back an interview with the showrunner who said he did not want to make a show where Michael was searching for the source of his burn ( Come on, that sounds funny!) for several seasons and so he said that by the end of s1 the story would have reached a certain ending point. I'm not sure what that means for s2 but I am sure there are lots of possibilities to explore with that.
                                But, they are going to have to come up with some reason for him to have to stay in his present situation in Miami, I think. Perhaps some unfortunate accident will happen to the person who burned Michael and he'll be stuck in that situation indefinitely - or at least until he finds some other solution. Hopefully, Michael, Fiona and Sam will be stuck in Miami for many more seasons to come.

I find this show more entertaining the longer it runs and grows into itself! Perfect summer viewing, IMHO!

And I can't wait to see what happens next - these days, very few shows make me feel that way!
                                sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I think there are a lot of ways to continue to have Michael stuck in Miami. There's lots of things to play with.

Good news though....the season finale is 2 hours!!!
                                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I think there are a lot of ways to continue to have Michael stuck in Miami. There's lots of things to play with.

Good news though....the season finale is 2 hours!!!
                                    Yahoo! 2 hour season finale! Due to some boring medical issues, I have it TIVO'd, but haven't watched it yet. I didn't realize it was two hours!
                                    sigpic

Comment

Well, the one that was on this week was only an hour. The finale is airing this week.
                                      sigpic

Comment

Well, the one that was on this week was only an hour. The finale is airing this week.
                                        Thanks, Jenni! I wonder if I have enough will power to wait and watch them back to back! Yeah, right.........
                                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                        X