Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost

Holy crap! This is getting good!

I've been watching Seasons 1 and 2, and awhile ago, I stopped after "Fire + Water" cause it was soooo boring, but I just started up again, and Season 2 has just gotten good! I just finished "Dave", and WTF?!

THAT WAS SO SHOCKING! I loved it. Ana Lucia and Libby are great, but I'm not loving Mr. Eko. Two shocks: 1) Dave isn't real! Did not see that coming. and 2) LIBBY WAS IN THE MENTAL INSTITUTION! That had me going crazy! I did not see that coming at all. What a great revelation. Loving this!

Dude. MY fave show.

I love when you start watching all the shows I love!!!

And Lost gets real good. You're gonna have to push through the first six eps of season three though. That's the lowest point of the series, imo. But after that? Awesomeness. And you have to tsya tuned for season four because it's the best thing since season one! For realz. Once the showrunners were allowed ot give an end date for the series, they just stopped screwing around with all the filler crap. And it's just pure rocket fuel. Seriously, season four just whizzes by because there are just things happening like crazy.

Can't wait for January!!!! ACK!
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
      Dude. MY fave show.

I love when you start watching all the shows I love!!!

And Lost gets real good. You're gonna have to push through the first six eps of season three though. That's the lowest point of the series, imo. But after that? Awesomeness. And you have to tsya tuned for season four because it's the best thing since season one! For realz. Once the showrunners were allowed ot give an end date for the series, they just stopped screwing around with all the filler crap. And it's just pure rocket fuel. Seriously, season four just whizzes by because there are just things happening like crazy.

Can't wait for January!!!! ACK!
      What she said. Seriously - it takes all my *superhuman* willpower to stay unspoiled! It feels like we've been waiting *forever* for a new ep! I this show!
      sigpic

Comment

oh, Lost would be a great show to stay unspoiled for. But alas, I cannot resist. The only spoilers I won't read/watch are the detailed episode summaries.

everything I have read for season 5 sounds awesome. And insane! It's gong to be great, I can feel it!
        sigpic
        follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
          oh, Lost would be a great show to stay unspoiled for. But alas, I cannot resist. The only spoilers I won't read/watch are the detailed episode summaries.

everything I have read for season 5 sounds awesome. And insane! It's gong to be great, I can feel it!
          Well, I kinda have to stay unspoiled because hubby knows by taking one look at me if I know something! He's been that way ever since I won a *massive* bet with him over the Angel finale - he didn't even realise there *were* such sites out there! This is the *one* show we watch, discuss and debate together!
          sigpic

Comment

I'm watching the Season 2 finale right now! I'll update when I finish it! But really, the last string of Season 2 episodes are FABULOUS. Soooo many answers Love Desmond right now, too. Fantastic stuff.

But, seriously, I hate Michael. Before he was okay, but pretty annoying. Right now? I HATE HIM. SERIOUSLY! Libby was good, but I didn't love her. I mean, the only reason I cared about her was because Hurley cared about her, and then Michael hurt Hurley by killing Libby, and really, hurting Hurley is like hurting Santa Claus! The beef I had with the Hurley/Libby relationship was because Libby didn't treat Hurley like someone she liked, she treated Hurley as a patient, and Libby was the psychiatrist. The "relationship" felt forced, but the actor who played Hurley sold it! But Ana Lucia!!!!! NO!!!! Her character was fantastic, totally awesome, and they just....don't care about her anymore? I was sooo sad when Michael killed her. Ana Lucia is fantastic, but the scene in 2x22 "Three Minutes", when Sawyer tells Jack that he slept with Ana Lucia LOVE that scene. Anyways, I'll give another post as soon as this eppy is done.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBoy View Post
              Ana Lucia is fantastic, but the scene in 2x22 "Three Minutes", when Sawyer tells Jack that he slept with Ana Lucia LOVE that scene.
              oooh, yeah. That's a real bonding moments. I love how Jack asks why he would tell him that and Sawyer says it's because he is the closest thing he has to a friend. It's also a nice moment because they both know they are about to jet off into danger and they may not come out alive. It's like a confessional scene.

Yeah, the end is of s2 is really great. And I so Desmond. Seriously. He rules. I'm so glad they brought him back and that he became a regular. His story is utterly cool. PLUS, his season four episode is the best episode in the history of Lost. You cannot argue with my on that front!

Also, how excited am I for the s4 DVDs coming out tomorrow?! Answer: A lot. It's supposed to have amazing special feautures. Normally I am not all about special features but the dvds came out in the UK awhile back and I read/heard some reviews about them and there is one in particular I am dying to see!

omg, only like 5 or 6 weeks to go to s5! Ack!
              sigpic

Comment

So, I finished the Season 2 finale. Woah. LOVED IT!!! Best ep yet, totally, awesomeness! Now I will list my fav eppys so far:

1.07 "Moth" - this one is a strange one. Sometimes I love Charlie's story, other times I hate it (Fire + Water), but this is one instance where I really love it. Fantastic eppy with great flashbacks, but the thing that interests me the most is the story with the cave on the island, that stuff was awesome.

1.10 "Raised By Another" - Claire is awesome, seriously! I love her character and her whole story with her giving away her baby. The actress who plays Claire does some AMAZING acting, and this eppy has loads 'o Claire, meaning it has to be good!

1.12 "Whatever The Case May Be" - Usually, the flashbacks are slow, but in this episode, they're so fast-paced and action like, it's awesome! Love the flashbacks the most in this eppy, but I also love the present-time stuff!

1.17 "In Translation - AHHHH! LOVE the present-day story on the island, and the stuff in the flashbacks where they focus on Jin!!!! YAY! Now, don't get me wrong, I love Sun, but they focus on her usually, but we finally get more Jin!!!!! YAY! A really fantastic character eppy.

1.19 "Deus Ex Machina" - Woah. Shocking much? I loved Boone's death, and the flashbacks with Locke's dad? Didn't see that coming. But it was great and so shocking. Also, that last scene with Locke screaming at the hatch! Dude, awesomeness x2.

1.24 "Exodus" - you know why

2.07 "The Other 48 Days" - we finally find out what happens for the tallies! The way we just focus on them is soooo awesome, and their story is really interesting. It's like a condensed version of "Lost v. 2" Season 1 Great stuff.

2.08 "Collision" - really love this episode, mostly cause I love(d) Ana Lucia. She is fantastic, and her flashbacks are so shocking, but interesting. The whole standoff between the tallies and the other plane crash people is so great. Fantastic eppy!

2.15 "Maternity Leave" - FINALLY! We finally find out what happened to Claire, definitely a fantastic eppy! I love that they flashed back to when they were still on the island instead of before they crashed, such awesome flashbacks. Loved all of this.

2.17 "Lockdown" - It's Locke again! Locke = awesomeness, his flashbacks = awesomes, getting trapped in the hatch with Henry, an other, being his last hope = awesomeness. It's pretty simple math....

2.23 "Live Together, Die Alone" - I'm still in shock....

Comment

I concur with the advice to push on through the early S3 episodes. It should be easier watching on DVD rather than broadcast, but you will still wonder what show you're watching sometimes, the first part is so slow. But after they get that behind them, it gets great again.

January can't come soon enough.
                  Cordially,
                  Amuk

I didn't jump. I took a tiny step, and there conclusions were.
                  Addicted to Buffy

Comment

I actually am one of the fans, if not the only fan, who actually found the first half of season 3 just as enjoyable as the last half. Yeah, it's less action packed but there's a lot of great character development and whatnot. Plus...like...HELLO! Juliet!

The worst part about the first half of season 3 was the episode that flashed back to when Jack got his tattoos. I just finished rewatching season 3 (probably gonna go out and buy season 4 tomorrow), and that was the only episode in which I fast-forwarded through the flashbacks. Fortunately, all of the other events in that episode are really awesome (though they introduced a character that I wanted to see again after the fact but whatever...).

I'm purposely being vague, by the way, for Ben's sake.

OMG! I'm totally with Jenni Lou about season 5, though. It's going to be INCREDIBLE! And the promo pictures! I can't wait until they're released in HQ! Just the promo poster made me drool on myself!
                    wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

omg, I know! I am so excited to get some promos pics with Daniel and Charlotte and Miles!! They have to be coming out any day now. I'm just waiting. After the posters and the first cast promos pics...I need more!!!!

And "Stranger ina Strange Land" is no doubt the worst episode ever. However, I rewatched a couple months ago and it's not as bad as I remember. It's the flashbacks that bog the whole thing down. Because I agree, the on island stuff is just fine. And actually, I had forgotten how strangely lovely the ending scene was, especially with the way the music sort of swells and then just cuts off.

And no, the beginning of season three isn't all that bad. It's just sort of slow and mostly it didn't work because of the way it was all aired together with that annoying and long hiatus following it. Watching them by DVD shouldn't be nearly as irritating because viewing goes by so much faster without having to wait sooo long for the nest week or those two months.

And I quite like Juliet so I enjoyed watching her become a part of the cast. Her first episode is also the one where the series really starts to pick up the momentum again.
                      sigpic

Comment

duuuuuude. today is a good Lost day. New s5 promo pics are out and they are freakin' awesome and pretty! Must make lots of new arts. I'll upload them soon enough. I'm actually still waiting for the rest of them. Someone is getting them now. I have about half the cast atm.

And I got my s4 dvds on Tuesday. weeeeee

I even capped all 13 mobisodes and all the deleted scenes. A good ourchase, man, Lost is always good with special features. I don't usually care about bonus features but with Lost I just love everything!! I've even been rewatching some of it and getting super pumped for the premiere.

The commentary on The Constant was especially good.
                        sigpic

Comment

I am buying Lost Season 4 either today or tomorrow.

I'm going to be renting Lost Season 3. I rented the first disc and finished it in a day. I liked some of it.

3.01 "A Tale of Two Cities" - I love Juliet, and I felt really, really bad for Jack in this eppy, but Sawyer and Kate were kind of boring, and I want to see the other losties!

3.02 "The Glass Ballerina" - So, we got Sun, Jin, and Sayid as well in this eppy. I loved this one. The flashbacks were fantastic, as was the action, and I am starting to like Sawyer, and I love Skate now. It was all so good.

3.03 "Further Instructions" - We finally get the rest of the losties, but sigh...this was a horrible eppy. Locke was boring, his whole, "I'm mute!" thing was dumb, I don't care for Eko at all, and Locke's flashbacks were a copy of 1.18 "Deus Ex Machina"! He cares for someone, they betray him. I would've liked his flashbacks better if he shot the undercover cop, cause that would be something new. Usually, I love Locke, this eppy, I didn't. But Charlie was hilarious!

3.04 "Every Man For Himself" - this was a nice average eppy with lots of interesting stuff going on. Average for Lost, but I'm stick of these stupid cages. Looks like Jack's out, but get Sawyer and Kate out of there!!!! Juliet is still kickass.

Comment

A double post, but I need to update. Just got Season 4, for when I finish Season 3 (which will be soon), cause HOLY CRAP!!!!!

That holy crap will come in 3.08....

3.05 "The Cost of Living" - Ah, I hated this eppy. The only upside was that Eko was killed. I hate Eko, and the flashbacks were boring, and almost nothing happened, and sigh. I know it's probably just me, but I really, really dislike it.

3.06 "I Do" - This was a fantastic eppy! And now I love Skate! Their scenes together were just amazing! The cliffhanger was also great, as were the flashbacks!! An all around awesome episode, what the first 4 eppys should have been like.

3.07 "Not In Portland" - OMG the eppy where this season starts to get amazing!!!!!! Juliet is one of my favorite characters, now. They have a way of introducing new amazing characters: Ben, Juliet, Ana Lucia, Desmond....I hope the three that are living don't go like Ana Lucia The flashbacks were great, and I loved the revelation we got at the end of Juliet being a prisoner, and how she got to the island. Also, the escape with Alex was sooo awesome!

3.08 "Flashes Before Your Eyes" - This is the holy crap eppy. Even better than the previous eppy! DESMOND IS AMAZING! The whole eppy was like a huge flashback, and that was a risky choice, but it totally payed off. I loved the "fate" thing, and Desmond/Penny, and Henry Ian Cuisick did such an amazing job in this eppy! I'm stunned! Also....Charlie's going to die? :eek: What? No....omigod. Best eppy of the season yet; one of the best of the series!

Can't wait to see the rest

Comment

You have NO idea what are in store for. Because, dude. And Desmond is easily my favorite character. And if thought "Flashes" good, just wait until you see "The Constant" in season four. It's freakin' mind-blowing!

And I definitely think that the revelation that Juliet was essentially a prisoner was a nice twist. She wants off the island as badly as most of the Losties do.

I don't miss Eko myself. I didn't hate him but there were times where I felt he really bogged down the show. And I still have no dea what all that building the church business was all about!

As for "I Do", you have to kinda love it, if only for that fact that--HELLO!--Nathan Fillion! Plus, admittedly, the sex scene with K/S is pretty hot.
                              sigpic

Comment

I love Lost. I was a late starter, I only started watching Season One this summer and I'm halfway through Season Three now. It's such a clever show but yet so confusing. There's so many things that happened in past seasons that still haven't been explained. Like I remember in Season One there was an episode where Kate saw a horse on the island that she remembered seeing in the real world, and how was it there? It's never been explained. Same with many other odd occurances! I'm still gonna finish watching it though.

Comment

Just finished Season 3 :eek: It started out slower, but holy MOTHER-FRAKKING CRAP!

My favorite eppys from this season now are "Flashes Before Your Eyes", "The Man From Tallahassee", "One of Us" (LOVE the title, because of last year's eppy, "One of Them"), "The Brig", "The Man Behind The Curtain", "Through The Looking Glass". SO good. I'm sad that Charlie died, but it's okay, because his send-off was TRULY fantastic. And that ending :eek: Good thing I have Lost Season 4 sitting on my shelf!

And I converted my sister. When I started Lost Season 3, she joined me, and now I'm not aloud to watch a single episode without her She tries to watch them without me, that's how impatient she is! She was sad when Charlie died and gasped when Penny was talking to Charlie. Also, she gasped pretty loudly when Naomi was killed by Locke. But, my favorite outburst from her was right before the final scene. She was shouting, "Why are they making a big deal out of this!? WE KNOW THEY CAN'T GET RESCUED! THEY HAVE THREE MORE SEASONS! WE'RE NOT IDIOTS!". And then the final scene happened and her eyes were wide open, and she just went..."Oh."

Comment

Originally posted by Zo Zo View Post
                                    There's so many things that happened in past seasons that still haven't been explained. Like I remember in Season One there was an episode where Kate saw a horse on the island that she remembered seeing in the real world, and how was it there? It's never been explained. Same with many other odd occurances! I'm still gonna finish watching it though.
                                    That was actually in season two.

And yes, there are lingering little things everywhere on the show. Some come back to be explained. Other are still left hanging. For example, you will get an answer to what that wire was that Sayid found in the ninth episode of season one. But you won't find out until the end of season three.

And I am certain that when the series is all done next year that there will be plenty of things us nitpicky fans will be left wondering but I a also certain that their will be a satisfying conclusion to the overarching mythology.

Originally posted by BlasterBoy View Post
                                    But, my favorite outburst from her was right before the final scene. She was shouting, "Why are they making a big deal out of this!? WE KNOW THEY CAN'T GET RESCUED! THEY HAVE THREE MORE SEASONS! WE'RE NOT IDIOTS!". And then the final scene happened and her eyes were wide open, and she just went..."Oh."
                                    Right? What a stellar end to the season! I actually guessed what the deal was with Jack's flashback before the final reveal but it was still awesome and exciting.

I'm sooo glad you have season four all ready to go because duu-uuude, it kills. It's so good. Seriously. I mean, it has just such an excellent pacing and tons of shockers and revelations.

And Ben, you gotta let me know how much you liked "The COnstant" once you have seen it. Best epi ever! If you liked "Flashed Before Your Eyes" just wait for this [email protected]!!!
                                    sigpic

Comment

Sci-Fi Channel (which is running the show on Mondays), reran all three parts of "There's No Place Like Home" (the S4 finale) last night. I watched them all to get back up to speed for tomorrow's S5 premiere. Glad I did, too, because there were a metric ton of details I'd forgotten during the long offseason. I'm awash in anticipation now.
                                      Cordially,
                                      Amuk

I didn't jump. I took a tiny step, and there conclusions were.
                                      Addicted to Buffy

Comment

Hey everyone. I was wondering if LOST is a good show. I saw the last half of the pilot this morning by chance, and it was actually really interesting. Just wondering if it's worth the money to by some of the seasons?

I know a lot of people like it, and I was just wondering what everybody here thought about it? Thx a lot for your help!

Comment

Working...
                                        X