24: Past Seasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24: Past Seasons

We have a thread for "Redemption", which I'm been trying to avoid. But....we don't have a thread for past seasons. Such as Seasons 2 and 3. I am currently watching Season 3, so any spoilers past 3.15, could you pretty please spoiler tag them? Anyways, I'm at....

The episode where Nina returns to CTU and Tony interrogates her. Also, Sherry confronts Palmer about what happened at the Milliken's just an hour before.

Seriously: this season is the best yet! I loved Season 2, but Season 3 is even better, IMHO!!!! It's so nerve-wracking. The episode where Nina infects the CTU database with a worm, and the one where Alan Milliken dies, and Sherry makes it happen. Ahhhh....I got chills. I was shaking so badly in that episode The actress who plays Sherry....dude, she's got skillz! I go chills. Her screaming her luns off at Alan and then not letting Julia get to his pills. She is so badass.

My favorite characters? Chloe, Tony, Michelle, Sherry, and Nina. Love them so much. Tony and Michelle have been favs from the beginning, and Chloe has just become my favorite character. They've added layers with her already! Love her! And Sherry and Nina are huge amazing badasses. My fav episodes with Sherry are the Season 2 finale and the one where she lets Alan die. She's soooo good in all of them, too. Nina's getting a bit old. But I love her so much.

Any opinions?

That's funny. We actually had the name changed on the Redemption thread earlier today because we were going way O/T discussing the past seasons.

I was just remarking how s2 is my fave but that s3 is so super awesome. My fave scene ever is coming up really soon for you! I think it's the 5am hour. Or the 6.

Glad you are enjoying it. S4 and 5 are pretty freakin' cool too. Though 6 is pretty lame, sorry to say.

Chloe irked me for awhile but she grows on you pretty fast and you can't help but love her now.
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
      That's funny. We actually had the name changed on the Redemption thread earlier today because we were going way O/T discussing the past seasons.

I was just remarking how s2 is my fave but that s3 is so super awesome. My fave scene ever is coming up really soon for you! I think it's the 5am hour. Or the 6.

Glad you are enjoying it. S4 and 5 are pretty freakin' cool too. Though 6 is pretty lame, sorry to say.

Chloe irked me for awhile but she grows on you pretty fast and you can't help but love her now.
      But you guys still have spoilers in there, right? If so, I'm not going in there haha.

I don't know, the last five or six eppys of Season 2 were not that great (minus the last two eppys, which were absolutely fantastic). Your fave scene ever???? Can't wait

I heard Season 5 was the best season, and that Seasons 4 and 6 are just....bad I hope that's not the case.

I love her SO much right now.

Comment

I don't think S4 was bad......I liked all of the seasons, S6 was probably my least favorite, but it wasn't bad.....and now that I'm rewatching it, it's growing on me.....not as much as the earlier seasons, but still.
        sigpic

Comment

Season four is not bad. I happen to rather like it. In fact, it has one of the most chilling performances in it, imo!

And yeah...there are definitely spoilers for post-S3 in that thread.
          sigpic
          follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

:eek: Holy frakking crap.

Jenni, I think I know what scene you're talking about. I'd just like to say, it's not just the scene; it's the whole frakking episode I thought they'd save Ryan Chapelle, but.... That was one amazingly well written scene and SUPERB acting from whoever plays Ryan. I really felt for that guy. I can't believe that Palmer gave in so quickly, though. He's always been such a great man, and within seconds, he sends Ryan to his death. Man.... That episode was sooo good, and that last scene just broke my heart.

Comment

You saw it! You saw it!! Yeah, isn't it amazing?! It stills gives me chills to think about it. And when I watch it?! Niagara Falls, baby! I can't slow down those tears! It is on intense episode. Yes, the whole thing is good but that scene is just...gah. You hate Chappelle so much and then BAM! He is redeemed and then dead. And when he asks if he can shoot himself and then he can't do it? omg.

I sound like such a fangirl but you can see now why it is my fave scene. So emotional!!
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, don't go into the Redemption thread Ben if you're only in Season 3.

Season 4 is my favorite season I think. I love Season 2 as well. I actually thought Season 3 was a weaker season. Season 6 is definitely the worst for me. Anyway, if you enjoy it now, you'll keep loving it.

I can't believe Chapelle's death. I cried at that one. The hopelessness. The shock. Truly, I never really believed the show would draw out such a brutal death. I really thought Chapelle would be saved. I felt bad for all the times I had cursed at Chapelle for being arrogant and such a thorn to Jack. It was completely unfair to both characters. That Chapelle would have to die, while Jack would have to live with such a decision.

24's beauty is in how characters you love to hate can be flipped upside down and you can have such immense respect, love, or appreciation later in the show.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
                  Yeah, don't go into the Redemption thread Ben if you're only in Season 3.

Season 4 is my favorite season I think. I love Season 2 as well. I actually thought Season 3 was a weaker season. Season 6 is definitely the worst for me. Anyway, if you enjoy it now, you'll keep loving it.

I can't believe Chapelle's death. I cried at that one. The hopelessness. The shock. Truly, I never really believed the show would draw out such a brutal death. I really thought Chapelle would be saved. I felt bad for all the times I had cursed at Chapelle for being arrogant and such a thorn to Jack. It was completely unfair to both characters. That Chapelle would have to die, while Jack would have to live with such a decision.

24's beauty is in how characters you love to hate can be flipped upside down and you can have such immense respect, love, or appreciation later in the show.
                  I always heavily enjoyed Chapelle's character *shrug* Was it only me?

Can you tell me why you think Season 3 is a weaker one? Cause I think it's the best season yet...maybe. The political stuff in s3 is nowhere near as good as the stuff in s2. That political stuff was awe-worthy, with the trial and all? I loved the nuclear bomb stuff in Season 2, as well, but after Mason's death and the explosion...that was the epic conclusion. Those last string of episodes fell flat (minus the finale ). It seemed like the explosion should have been the end of that. And with Season 3, the last string of episodes have been (so far) amazing. The hotel arc is just fabulous, and Michelle is getting some awesome stuff. Gael's death scene with Michelle, and her shooting the guy that tried to leave So great. And the death of Alan was so amazingly done.

Why do you think it's weaker?

Comment

It's been about four years since I saw that season. So I'm fuzzy. I just know that I ranked it lower than 2, 4, and 5. I didn't like the CTU exec and her storyline of the daughter who was such a mental mess yet was treated at CTU. I didn't like Chase's character at all. Also Chloe was too busybody and bitchy. And Wayne Palmer was much less likeable than his brother and spent a lot of time compromising David.

I think you've seen this already if Jack is back in the states already.
                    Spoiler:
                    Nina dies. *sob*

I also think the S3 finale is:
                    Spoiler:
                    Spoiler:
                    fairly silly with Jack, Chase, a bomb, and an ax. I am cryptic in case you can't resist peeking in here earlier.

Also I am disappointed in what Tony had to do to save Michelle and repercussions from that. I don't think it happened in the finale, but I don't know if you've seen that far.

Also this is the season where Palmer loses the presidency. And I was always so disappointed in how his S2 poisoning/collapse wasn't more explained.

Also I was never much on the whole Jack addicted to heroin storyline.

Don't get me wrong there is a lot of cool stuff, events, and tension. And hell yeah to anything with Brigid Brannagh! *hearts explosion*

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

I hear you, Lyn. I think the whole hotel arc is what completely redeems the rest of not-so-good in s3. And I agree about Chloe. I did not warm up to her until the following season. She grated me quite a bit in fact. I although I like DB Woodside, I've never particularly cared for Wayne.

But all the seasons pretty much have these highs and lows about them. And while I don't rank s5 as my absolute fave, it probably has the least amount of ridiculous crap going on. Not to mention it has a spectacular cast with Jean Smart and Gregory Itzin, among others.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
                        It's been about four years since I saw that season. So I'm fuzzy. I just know that I ranked it lower than 2, 4, and 5. I didn't like the CTU exec and her storyline of the daughter who was such a mental mess yet was treated at CTU.
                        Actually that particular storyline is not in season 3 and I would know, I just rewatched it. It must be in season 4 or 5.

I didn't like Chase's character at all.
                        Agreed. I never liked Chase.

And Wayne Palmer was much less likeable than his brother and spent a lot of time compromising David.
                        Also true but I did like how the two brothers played off each other and interacted with each other.

I also think the S3 finale is:
                        Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        fairly silly with Jack, Chase, a bomb, and an ax. I am cryptic in case you can't resist peeking in here earlier.

Also I am disappointed in what Tony had to do to save Michelle and repercussions from that. I don't think it happened in the finale, but I don't know if you've seen that far.

Also this is the season where Palmer loses the presidency. And I was always so disappointed in how his S2 poisoning/collapse wasn't more explained.
                        Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:

I actually love that Tony did what he did, that his commitment to Michelle was so deep.

But yeah Palmer losing the presidency was very upsetting!

Also I was never much on the whole Jack addicted to heroin storyline.
                        Aww too bad, that's one of the things I enjoyed most about season 3 because it showed Jack in a new light and made him seem more vulnerable.

Comment

Just finished 24 Season 3. And wow, that season finale sucked. Like, seriously.

I LOVED eppys 12-23, they were so gut-wrenching and interesting and nerve-wracking, it was fabulous! The beginning was a bit slow but they got great. And then, that season finale....it did nothing for me. Chase and the bomb, and Chase, and then more Chase, which therefore equals crap *sigh* Booooring. 3.22 (the one with them exchanging Jane for Michelle) should have been changed to be made the season finale. Much more exciting and awesomer. The only scene I loved in the finale was the last scene: Jack's breakdown. Beautifully acted. Really nice. But, overall, IMO, the finale just....I'm gonna say sucked.

Overall impressions of Season 3? Loved it! It started out incredibly slow with the first four episodes, and then slowly turned into greatness, and then ended horribly. I think s3's main problem was that we never knew who the bad guy was. First Hecter, then Ramon, then Amador, then Saunders...*sigh* I think the passing of the power just went on way too long and once we got to Amador/Saunder's story, it got really really exciting. It would have made more sense to start there. And lastly, what annoys me most, THAT GUY WITH THE VIRUS GOT OUT! He got into populated areas (streets!) and he must've spread to the virus to hundreds, who spread it on to hundreds more, so on and on. I don't remember them ever explaining how they contained that. Did I miss it? Or did the writers just get lazy?

Comment

We are re-watching season 3 at the moment, about half way through and I find it so hard to get into at first, not like seasons 1 and 2 which I just feel make me want to stay up all night and keep going.

I find Chapelle's death so hard to watch, I always watch his character in the earlier seasons trying to build up enough hate so I don't cry when he dies but I can never help it! Same with Jack's scene at the end, although it was ruined for me by Sky using that clip as a promo for the show and seeing about 5 times a day /sigh

I'm really looking forward to re-watching season 4 next, I only saw it once when it aired and watching week to week doesn't get me that into the story compared to watching a season in a week!! So I only really remember little bits from season 4 but definitely it's a good season.

Comment

Yes! Season 3's slow start is definitely its weak link. First impressions are hard to shake. About the middle of it really kicks into gear with Nina and then the hotel business. Chapelle's character is played with such disbelief that he will be saved that the moment rips out your heart and your belief in the morality of the world.

S4
                              Spoiler:
                              Cmon! Season 4 has dark!Tony. And I love the face off at the end with Mandy! Plus this is the season where Chloe actually becomes Jack's ally!

I want to go home and watch S4 now.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

oh, I agree!! I seriously want to do a massive 24 rewatch but things have been standing in my way. Like, I've been watching Deadwood S3 because I realize I have had for over a year and a half and never watched it!! And it is really good. I love Jim Beaver character so much!! And I even spotted David Anders in a scene..but that's all O/T. I've just been preoccupied watching other stuff. Plus, I gt Burn Notice season one and I want to rewatch/cap it. And I am getting SPN s3 for xmas and want to rewatch/cap that too!! And of course, I just got my s4 Lost and have been watching that. And let's not forget about all the currently running series on air now! I have a few things to clear of my dvr.

But s4 24 is really good, imo. And I was so excited when I first watched it because Lukas Haas has an arc in the fourth if the season and I have always been a big fan of his. But the highlight of the season (other than dark!Tony and ally!Chloe that Lyn mentioned above is Shohreh Aghdashloo, who is creepy and intriguing. And that voice!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

S4
                                  Spoiler:
                                  Well I have finished rewatching s4 a few days ago and I'm sorry to say that I still don't like it very much. Granted it has some very good things, such as broken, drunk Tony who then turns into a committed agent again in the course of the season and of course the Tony/Michelle love story makes me wanna squee to no end. And the last four episodes with Mandy etc. and Jack having to fake his own death are really good. But there was just too much bothering me in that season. Apart from the political and moral problems I have with this season (I hated how they portrayed a human rights organisation as bad and the interrogation of Richard Heller was just very wrong and humiliating IMO. Plus I hate Secretary Heller so much! ), the reason why I dislike season 4 is that it has so many annoying and beyond irritating characters:

- Erin Driscoll and her mentally unstable daughter Maya
                                  - Paul Raines
                                  - Audrey Raines (I'm sorry but she spends most of the season crying. )
                                  - Secretary of Defense Heller (I dislike his politics and his parenting skills are appalling!)
                                  - Marianne Taylor, the most annoying mole ever!
                                  - Edgar Styles (I never liked him, the way he speaks drives me nuts)
                                  - Vice President/later on President Logan

I realise that some of these characters are also in season 5 which I have just started watching and which is one of my favourite seasons but I find the overall seasonal arc of season 5 much more gripping, even if the loss of Tony and Michelle and David Palmer is hard to bear sometimes.
                                  Last edited by Ehlwyen; 14-12-08, 02:21 AM. Reason: added spoiler tags

Comment

well, just finished re-watching Season 1. AHhh, the good old days. My husband was totally shocked that it was Nina. He'd accused everyone else BUT her the entire season, he was convinced that Tony and Mason were the culprits most of the season. I feeling shocked again new through someone else's eyes.

So, we're beginning Season 2 tonight..... Wish my happy viewing!
                                    sigpic

Comment

It's because Nina is AWESOME. Somewhere inside, you know it's her, but you love her so much you don't want to believe. Or at least that's me. I also have irrational Teri hate. So for shipping purposes, I really wanted Jack/Nina to work out.

I'm sure there's also that trust in Jack that he wouldn't let someone so close to him and be so very wrong.

S4 and S5
                                      Spoiler:
                                      Cori, you make a very compelling list. But as JL pointed out, the people behind the threat in S4 have a very human face. Agadashaloo's family and particularly her relationship with her son make the terrorist scenes more than just advancement of plot.

But if Audrey Raines had never been introduced, I'd be happy. I don't see the chemistry between her and Jack. Woot for Jack/Diane of S5.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Yes, I will jump on the not-liking-Audrey-so-much bandwagon. It's not that I don't care for her at all,
                                        Spoiler:
                                        I think it just has more to do with her neediness, which I feel like she tries to downplay. On the one hand, you would think that Jack would be attracted to a strong woman and yet on the other, you can see why he would be inclined to choose someone who perpetually needs to be saved. 'Cause let's face it, Jack has a savior complex.

However it is entirely possible I am being a bit unfair to Audrey because it has been so long since I have watched those seasons and so my recollections aren't as clear as they could be.
                                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                        X