8.10 Bride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8.10 Bride

WHOAMIGOD! I knew it was going to be epic, but I did not forsee the end with Doomsday taking Chloe back to the Fortress and reinfecting her with Brainiac!

Well Doomsday was suitably horrible and I love that they kept him to the shadows. I'm torn between intrigue and my eagerness to get a better look, but I'm also a little afraid that I don't want to see how truly hideous he might be.

I loved the wedding video camera idea. (I guess I really need to see Cloverfield now). I'm most impressed that the video camera shots were ultra white an contrasted rather than the usual boring normal view we get through a video camera.

Soo...back to the beginning...Chloe's wedding was suitably gorgeous! I love fall weddings, the colors are so gorgeous and joyous and inviting. And I loved Lois codenaming everyone after fairytales.

Okay, who about died of squee when Clark pulled out the dried flower he had saved since HS? Please raise your hand.

And as amazing as the Chloe/Clark was, Clark/Lois... It was so good! Especially the end scene...the song, Lois letting her worried emotions show, and as she walked away, he watched her until SHE TURNED AROUND!!! *heart bursts with joy*

Poor Ollie. *ruffles his hair* He can't seem to escape his rage for vengeance. I did love how he decided he should be more like Clark and decided to be friends with Lois.

And Lana was really good too! I'm really interested in what she's up to. I'm so glad how she drove home the point that maybe Clark and Lana were meant to end up together. And I really appreciated that she told Clark that he didn't do the right thing taking Chloe's memories.

AND what the hell with Lex?! *confused, utterly scared* At least with Davis I can understand the beast taking over and the only thing he can protect from himself is the one person who showed him any bit of compassion. I'm dying with how pitiful Davis's life is.

Okay, that's my first impression, I really need to see this episode again!

Lydia made the punch!

So far this season was not impressing me. I finally decided to catch up on the last episode right before I watched tonight's.

And might i say what a rebound. The last two were great. To bad we have to wait till jan. for the next.

And Lana nope still do not miss her at all.

And to end the show with a vast song was great. As Vast is one of my all time fav's.

Epic really the best episode of the entire season. I did not think that Chloe and Jimmy would actually get married.
    ===Quote of the day===
    "To read makes our speaking English good"

Xander

Comment

I am with you again Lyn- great episode.

Here are my really short thoughts-
      1. Doomsday taking Chole to the Fortress, reinfecting her with Brainiac. Though she smiled- what did that mean, no more Chole?
      2. Chole's wedding was beautiful. Lois' dress was just amazing.
      3. *waving my hand* I died too when Clark pulled out the flower.
      4. I am confused about the whole Clark/Lois converstation. She just seemed cold to me. Eh don't care really. I am just glad they're over each other.
      5. Clark/Lois- I am a fan now. I ship 'em. I love the way they interacted with each other, the emotions on their faces- "does he like me", "does she like me"?, the way he hugged her in the end. Sigh.
      6. Lois/Oliver- I really liked the scene between them. I thought it was well written.
      7. Lana- it was nice to see her again even though she's different.
      8. Lex- yay he's back!

That's it for now. Thank goodness I recorded it! I typically don't record Smallville but we had a fire alarm here at the dorm. I had inside information when it was going to come on, so I was prepared. I just missed the first ten minutes, so I need to re-watch. Yay!
      Last edited by Obsessed; 21-11-08, 09:58 AM.
      Banner by Digital Leonardo

Comment

Lex- yay he's back!
        agreed lex left a huge void
        ===Quote of the day===
        "To read makes our speaking English good"

Xander

Comment

Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
          WHOAMIGOD! I knew it was going to be epic, but I did not forsee the end with Doomsday taking Chloe back to the Fortress and reinfecting her with Brainiac!

Well Doomsday was suitably horrible and I love that they kept him to the shadows. I'm torn between intrigue and my eagerness to get a better look, but I'm also a little afraid that I don't want to see how truly hideous he might be.
          I was rather amazed with how they handled Doomsday. I was a bit sceptical that he would simply be Davis with redeyes since with both Braniac and Martian Man Hunter we got simply humans - so with the introduction of Doomsday's true form I soon hope that one day we will get John's true form cause I think it would be SO COOL too see. But back to Doomsday it was uber creepy but I loved it, so true to the comic yet with a nice Smallville splash on it. That is one thing that Smallville has amazed me with his taking comic book character costumers/looks and adding their own twist. I think the entire Justice League looks amazing and their costumes are just spot-on.

I loved the wedding video camera idea. (I guess I really need to see Cloverfield now). I'm most impressed that the video camera shots were ultra white an contrasted rather than the usual boring normal view we get through a video camera.
          I wasn't sure at first in the teaser, but through out the episode it really worked to connect it all together. And I did like there was a contrast and it wasn't simply normal vision with some stupid little record button on it... But omg, did you kind of notice that the entire time there was a 'Play' button and not a 'Record' button - so was it like Lex was watching the episode with us? Or am I over thinking?

Soo...back to the beginning...Chloe's wedding was suitably gorgeous! I love fall weddings, the colors are so gorgeous and joyous and inviting. And I loved Lois codenaming everyone after fairytales.
          Yes that was a way better wedding then Lex and Lana had. Though I still loved Alicia and Clark's wedding the best And Lois was just hilarous I am glad we got some oldschool Lois back. She felt very season 5 when she was working with Jonathan to get his election running, then when she was working with Martha. I love that Lois! I also laughed when Jimmy asked if he could be papa bear

And as amazing as the Chloe/Clark was, Clark/Lois... It was so good! Especially the end scene...the song, Lois letting her worried emotions show, and as she walked away, he watched her until SHE TURNED AROUND!!! *heart bursts with joy*
          One thing that did erk me in this episode, well two (but I'll get to that after) there was actually not a whole lot of Chloe in this episode. It felt alot more Lois heavy which kind of confused me, but maybe I am forgetting something. I don't mind it, but I would have loved a bit more Clark/Chloe, cause the only scene with just the two of them was the small dance. Oh well, it was still sweet.

Lois and Clark on the other hand My heart sunk when he read the vows and she thought he was talking too her! And yeah at the end Erica Durance just BLEW MY MIND. I almost started to cry. I wanted her to turn and run and kiss him, just cause that is what the moment felt like it needed, but just that last look really got me and I am glad they shared the moment - I think THAT is the moment Clark clicked "omg... Lois. I think I like her." We will have too see!

Plus I loved when Lois broke down "why do these things keep happening around us!?" oh Lois, you gave me chills.

Poor Ollie. *ruffles his hair* He can't seem to escape his rage for vengeance. I did love how he decided he should be more like Clark and decided to be friends with Lois.
          I was shocked that Ollie was going to kill Lex. I thought that was just a bit much (OMG! Did you love with Ollie's buddy was like "I downloaded the info while you had you'r lovers fight" AWWWW!!!) but Ollie just scared me for a moment, but made it up when he wanted to be friends with Lois - and when he totally knew she loved Clark. I was like "Ollie, you're alright."

ohh and why did Ollie need Clark to steal that harddrive? uhh last I checked Bart was FASTER and would have less issues about it...

And Lana was really good too! I'm really interested in what she's up to. I'm so glad how she drove home the point that maybe Clark and Lana were meant to end up together. And I really appreciated that she told Clark that he didn't do the right thing taking Chloe's memories.
          I was actually enjoying her. I was so not looking forward to her return, but I LOVED her kicking Ollie's ass and just her toughness too her. This is what Lana should have been like more in Smallville. Badass Lana ALWAYS rocks, it is proven time and time again. I am glad she was handled so well and not "CLARK!!! KISSSS!" She was so mature and really made alot of sense and totally put Clark in his place. No, Lana Lang and Clark Kent are not meant to be together. It is a relationship that has changed both of them for the better. Now Lana looked hot, I have never found her attractive, but damn that new hair due (eight years in the making) just WORKED for her.

Though who was she texting? I have a fear that Lana has an alternative motive. Lana, Lana, Lana... WHat are you up too?

AND what the hell with Lex?! *confused, utterly scared* At least with Davis I can understand the beast taking over and the only thing he can protect from himself is the one person who showed him any bit of compassion. I'm dying with how pitiful Davis's life is.
          I KNOW!! All I got too say. I just don't know who it could be or what... But Lex is just uber freaky!!!!! And yeah... Davis never had a chance.

Originally posted by Bloody Billy View Post
          And might i say what a rebound. The last two were great. To bad we have to wait till jan. for the next.
          But a great cliffhanger. That is why I will return for the rest of season 8! They really gave one of the coolest cliffhangers in a LONG while.

And to end the show with a vast song was great. As Vast is one of my all time fav's.
          Thank you! *downloads*

Originally posted by Obsessed View Post
          Doomsday taking Chole to the Fortress, reinfecting her with Brainiac. Though she smiled- what did that mean, no more Chole?
          Oh I didn't think of that... No more Chloe? Well Allison Mack is in all 22 episodes, I hope that doesn't mean she is BraniaChloe for the remaining 12.

I am confused about the whole Clark/Lois converstation. She just seemed cold to me. Eh don't care really. I am just glad they're over each other.
          Do you mean Clark/Lana? Cause if you mean Clark/Lois then your following comment confuses me But if you DO mean Lana I fully agree. It really is about time.

Okay for me I really did LOVE this episode. I am just really happy that this show is able to stay fresh and I have high hopes for a ninth season. I really think it is in the cards - everything has just clicked so far this season. Yes it was a bit rough in the first two episodes, but they were able to stay strong with introducing Tess and Davis/Doomsday. Very smart moves on their parts.

Now there was just a few things that kind of made me go... UH?

1. Clark giving Chloe away. Umm... Last I checked Chloe has a father. I mean there has been no sign that the two have had a falling out or that he has passed away. I doubt it would have been hard to get the actor to return OR they could have even recast him. Does anyone actually remember what he looked like? I felt it was a bit of a joke that she would ask Clark and not her dad. And that it seemed like he wasn't even there - they really needed SOMETHING with her dad, it just felt weird. They could have done a scene with the two and how he was happy of her and that her mom would be so proud - SOMETHING.

2. Martha. Now again I don't see why Martha couldn't have showed up? Martha really cared about Chloe and I'm sure she could have gotten free for a few hours too be at Chloe's wedding...

3. The kryptonite... Why does Clark still have that? And it serves him right being all trapped when he hit the desk. It could kill him, yet he just keeps it hanging around... That is just a small issue, but it just seems weird that he would have it out in the open. ANYONE could just come in and take it, Chloe found it in a second. Hello Clark, heard of a lock?

Now I am all pumped for January, cause it will surely be E-P-I-C. And I don't mind Lana (though I thought it was a tad annoying they purposly hurt her. I'm sure that is why she will stick around, well that and trying to save Chloe... STILL!) I hope Lana doesn't get too in the way...

Oh and sorry for the uberlong post

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalLeonardo View Post
            Oh I didn't think of that... No more Chloe? Well Allison Mack is in all 22 episodes, I hope that doesn't mean she is BraniaChloe for the remaining 12.
            I meant mentally. The way she smiled- it was creepy. So she's not Chole but BraniaChole?

Do you mean Clark/Lana? Cause if you mean Clark/Lois then your following comment confuses me But if you DO mean Lana I fully agree. It really is about time.
            Yeah I meant Clark/Lana- but I re-watched the scene. I realized it was a good good-bye, its over wrap up converstation. Don't know what I was thinking in the first place.

2. Martha. Now again I don't see why Martha couldn't have showed up? Martha really cared about Chloe and I'm sure she could have gotten free for a few hours too be at Chloe's wedding...
            Gosh- I completely forgot about her! You're right, she should have came. I don't think it would have been a biggie to have her around in the background.

3. The kryptonite... Why does Clark still have that? And it serves him right being all trapped when he hit the desk. It could kill him, yet he just keeps it hanging around... That is just a small issue, but it just seems weird that he would have it out in the open. ANYONE could just come in and take it, Chloe found it in a second. Hello Clark, heard of a lock?
            I thought the same thing. I was like dude- why do you still have that thing?

As for Chole's father- my mind is a blank. I assumed he died or something. Its been so long.

Comment

I meant mentally. The way she smiled- it was creepy. So she's not Chole but BraniaChole?
              This entire thing just scares me... I am just glad it will be BraniaChloe (or that is what I am assuming is what happend. Cause why else would Doomsday travel to the artic...) and not James Marsters...

Though I could be reading this scene all wrong. We will have to wait and see!

Gosh- I completely forgot about her! You're right, she should have came. I don't think it would have been a biggie to have her around in the background.

I thought the same thing. I was like dude- why do you still have that thing?

As for Chole's father- my mind is a blank. I assumed he died or something. Its been so long.
              I know right! It just feels weird that Martha is gone, yeah its been like 2 seasons, it still feels weird. I really would love her a recurring character on the show... She was such a great part to the series... Oh well, hopefully we will get her for a few episodes or what not.

Clark is just way to out of it. What if Chloe had like slipped it into her flowers or something and then Clarke just like died? HA! Would serve him right. Didn't he use to hide it better like in his dad's tool box thing? He is like a kid allergic to peanuts but keeps a jar of peanuts in the kitchen...

I am pretty sure Chloe's dad is still alive. He last appeared in season 4 when Clark found Chloe - They showed him getting away with Chloe and the cops so I assumed he lived or else Chloe would have said something right? Plus Lois mentions him a few times in season 4... I know this isn't really a big issue, but I just find it so odd and random...

Oh, I also love that NO ONE has mentioned Jimmy. We know he won't die, but he will be gone for awhile which is a plus. He was okay in this episode, nothing special nothing bad... Just Jimmy.

Comment

I LOVED IT!

The whole thing was not only epic, but amazingly written. I screamed at least 3 times Lois/Clark are now my favorite ship! I loved Lois' realization that she liked Clark haha! and Clark reading Jimmy's vows, and Lois thinks that Clark is talking to her!!!! I loved that so much! And Lana's return was soooo well done. I was shocked when she came out of the shadows. I truly thought it was Tess, but I was so glad it was Lana...cause that's the Lana I
                don't
                hate.

The wedding was great! Lois set up everything really well, and teh videocamera thing was very well done. I was scared that they were going to do it for the whole time, and I'm so glad they didn't. But the teaser was soo good, and sooo well done. And Doomsday's entrance. Okay, it was really creepy. And I loved the violent stuff about it. But....Doomsday (from what we saw of him) looks SO cheap. He had a few close-ups and just looks like the monster from "I Robot, You Jane". So, yeah, I kind of dislike what Doomsday looks like, but he was SO creepy, that it's okay.

AND THE END!!!!!!! The Frakking End. Best. Ending. Ever!!!!! Does anyone know the title of that song?! Cause it was perfect!!! And Lois walking with Jimmy unconcious was soo....ah! Lois' face was SO good. Erica Durance was amazing! Really amazing! And the cinematography as Doomsday carried Chloe into the fortress was sooo amazing. And Allison Mack's face as she turned from scared and shocked to smiling. She's evil! AND LEX! I did not see that one coming ever. He's watching....everything? How? Why? Against his will? AH! Two more months? Smallville really blew me away this time.

I loved it so damn much

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBoy View Post
                  Does anyone know the title of that song?! Cause it was perfect!!!
                  I looked it up and downloaded this song- Its Don't take Your Love Away by Vast.

Btw- I made the same connection about Doomsday and the robot from I Robot, You Jane as well. Regardless- *nods* still creepy.

Comment

OMG! That episode was utterly fantastic!

Erica Durance simply blew.me.away. Her performance was so felt! With all the scenes you guys mentioned all ready, but the one that really stood out in my mind was her convo with Ollie on the porch. Wow. The subtleties with the unshed tears and the pent up anguish. Holy crap. Seriously, it was that good. I loved Ollie's intuition there, as well.

And Chloe was re-infected?!?! That's so sad! But, it also is falling in line with my hypothesis of how the series could end if this was the last season...

As far as Lois/Clark, I think this was the first episode where I finally felt the chemistry pull on Clark's side. We've had the attraction from Lois's point of view for a few episodes now, but I think Clark (as usual) has been completely 'duh' about it. I think tonight, when she came down the stairs and her back was to him talking to the camera guy, the way he looked at her - really looked at her for almost the first time - was sooo chemical. And their dance! I'm really glad they did not kiss there, though, because it would have been too soon - if Clark just finally 'noticed' her in the house an hour or so before hand, he didn't have time to pine long enough for a kiss (ignore my weird logic.)

And how awesome was Lana's re-intro? I love badass Lana, and I can say that I didn't find her and Clark's ship to be interrupting the Clois as I feared, but more of a complete nail in the coffin on the Clana, which I thought they pulled off well. Tom handled that really well. I loved how Clark was able to come out of Lana's hospital room, and still have googly eyes for Lois.

I don't really know what to make of Doomsday, seeing as how I've never read the comics and the only thing I know about him is he killed superman. So, I have no judgements in that area, other than it was freaky and well-shot - I too liked the video camera angles.

So, that about sums it up. Super fabulous episode. Are we really not getting another new eppy until January? That is WAY too long to wait!
                    sigpic

Comment

8.10 - 'Bride'

I really enjoyed Lana's reintroduction. Thinking about it, she's probably one of my favorite "Smallville" characters (out of all the regular characters throughout the series.) Definitely in my top four: Chloe, Lois, Oliver, and Lana. Oliver and Lana in no particular order. It's just Clana that I hate, not hate so much as, it went on too damn long.

I mainly think Lana reappearing has more to do with Clark and Lana officially moving on. Like Oliver said, "There's moving on in theory, and then there's the moment that it actually happens." Clana just needs to have that moment. Even after their scene in the loft, I'm not convinced they're past the "in theory" phase of moving on. Especially since during Doomsday's attack, Clark's first instinct? Protect Lana, as seen when he rushes to her side. It happened a second time at the hospital. She hurt her leg, other people were worse off, but Clark went to her first. Plus, part of me was like, "Hey, check on Lois! Who the hell do you think will be the one who cries as she cradles your body after Doomsday kills you?!" Not Lana Lang, that's for sure! As long as this Lana arc doesn't turn out to be a complete Clana love fest, I'll be happy.

As for Lana, something is definitely up with her. "DID THE ARCHER BELIEVE YOU?" I wonder who it was from? Can't be Lex, or Tess. Would they really refer to Green Arrow as "the archer?" I doubt it. Her expression during the ending montage was kind of weird... Something is up and I can't wait to find out what. Oh, I really loved the Lana/Green Arrow throw down.

And kudos to Lana for telling Clark she wouldn't be able to forgive him if he did to her what he did to Chloe. Clark really screwed things up big time. If Chloe knew about Krypton and Clark's powers, I'm sure she wouldn't have just stood there scared shitless. And because of that, Jimmy wouldn't have gotten so messed up.

Moving on to Oliver... He so didn't want to be at Chloe's wedding! I can just tell! Did he even step into the barn, besides when he went there to tell Clark that, "that thing took Chloe?" Seriously, I'm counting the episode until a Chlollie hook-up. I know she's married now, but will it even count? Their wedding was crashed and the groom was rushed to the hospital and the bride went missing. I don't think all the proper papers were filled out. After this, will Chloe, or Jimmy, even want to be married? I think this will lead to the final nail in the Chlimmy coffin.

The final scene with Chloe and Doomsday was really beautiful. The big, scary monster walking through the snow in the dark holding Chloe? Laying her down gently? Doomsday's in wuv! Chloe's (or should I say Brainiac's?) smile at the end was creepy. I just hope this allows Chloe's memories to return!

I'm glad there was a lot of Clois this episode. It's a wedding, it's only natural that those types of feelings would be on display. Plus, the "Death of Superman" cover is so iconic, and it's because of the fact it features Lois cradling Superman's body. It's only proper Doomsday's first appearance feature heavy Clois stuff. Thinking about it, the Chloe cradling Jimmy's body was a very nice parallel. Like Lois with Superman, Chloe is telling Jimmy to "just hang on."

Jimmy was such a dork with the not wanting to see Chloe before the wedding. Plus, when he stepped in to protect Chloe from the giant monster! This episode made me love him a little bit... more.

And for the final scene... Lex Luthor returns, or the back of his head at least. Please, Michael Rosenbaum, return for a few episodes! You can wear a bald cap if you want, I'd definitely look past it if it looks horriable.

And I'll look past Martha, Pete, General Lane, Lucy Lane, and Gabe Sullivan not being at Chloe's wedding. Doomsday's debut would have been really complected with them there, especially General Lane, Lucy, and Gabe. Would it be any less believable for not one of them being killed if they were there? I mean, they had to keep Lois and Oliver out of the barn for that scene for that reason. Lana and Jimmy both got hurt, Chloe went missing. The only people who were pretty much unscratched, out of the main cast, was Clark (who's the man of steel), Lois, and Oliver (who weren't in the barn when it went down.) So, I'll just let it slide.
                      Last edited by Thomas; 22-11-08, 05:27 PM.

Comment

OMG!!!
                        As you all, I LOVED this episode! It totally rocked my world! The Clois!!!!

I wasn't sure at first in the teaser, but through out the episode it really worked to connect it all together. And I did like there was a contrast and it wasn't simply normal vision with some stupid little record button on it... But omg, did you kind of notice that the entire time there was a 'Play' button and not a 'Record' button - so was it like Lex was watching the episode with us? Or am I over thinking?
                        Hmm... Maybe you are, but you could still be right. I hadn't even thought of that^^ However, as you the recording-style grew on me. It really helped tie the episode together and it gave us some cute moments that we probably wouldn't get otherwise (like Clark and Lois talking to the camera^^).

Yes that was a way better wedding then Lex and Lana had. Though I still loved Alicia and Clark's wedding the best And Lois was just hilarous I am glad we got some oldschool Lois back. She felt very season 5 when she was working with Jonathan to get his election running, then when she was working with Martha. I love that Lois! I also laughed when Jimmy asked if he could be papa bear
                        Haha! True true, also loved the Alicia/Clark wedding - noting is ever quite so romantic as a Vegas style wedding Also loved how Lois gave all code-names, and Jimmy's complaint of his And of course Clark's comment to Ollie - "Don't let Lois see you, she'll [blah, blah, don't remember, something put you to work] and name you after a fairytale character" Or something...

One thing that did erk me in this episode, well two (but I'll get to that after) there was actually not a whole lot of Chloe in this episode. It felt alot more Lois heavy which kind of confused me, but maybe I am forgetting something. I don't mind it, but I would have loved a bit more Clark/Chloe, cause the only scene with just the two of them was the small dance. Oh well, it was still sweet.
                        Haha! That was one of the best things! I'm not really a Chlark shipper (not that I don't like them, but you know...) which made me lurrrve this episode because of all the CLOIS!

Lois and Clark on the other hand My heart sunk when he read the vows and she thought he was talking too her! And yeah at the end Erica Durance just BLEW MY MIND. I almost started to cry. I wanted her to turn and run and kiss him, just cause that is what the moment felt like it needed, but just that last look really got me and I am glad they shared the moment - I think THAT is the moment Clark clicked "omg... Lois. I think I like her." We will have too see!
                        The whole thing was not only epic, but amazingly written. I screamed at least 3 times Lois/Clark are now my favorite ship! I loved Lois' realization that she liked Clark haha! and Clark reading Jimmy's vows, and Lois thinks that Clark is talking to her!!!!
                        I actually think he started to click when she reacted the way he did when he read Jimmy's vows... LOVE that scene - so dorky and perfect! And "You have to get the hard part to stick out and it'll slide right in" (or something - again, I'm not the one with the photographic memory). HAHAHA!!! Bad, low humour is always the best!

I was shocked that Ollie was going to kill Lex. I thought that was just a bit much (OMG! Did you love with Ollie's buddy was like "I downloaded the info while you had you'r lovers fight" AWWWW!!!) but Ollie just scared me for a moment, but made it up when he wanted to be friends with Lois - and when he totally knew she loved Clark. I was like "Ollie, you're alright."
                        I KNOW! I love it that everybody seem to know that Clark and Lois wants to get it on - except them! (Well, Lois seem to have realized by now and Clark as well - but it did take them a while!)

I was actually enjoying her. I was so not looking forward to her return, but I LOVED her kicking Ollie's ass and just her toughness too her. This is what Lana should have been like more in Smallville. Badass Lana ALWAYS rocks, it is proven time and time again. I am glad she was handled so well and not "CLARK!!! KISSSS!" She was so mature and really made alot of sense and totally put Clark in his place. No, Lana Lang and Clark Kent are not meant to be together. It is a relationship that has changed both of them for the better. Now Lana looked hot, I have never found her attractive, but damn that new hair due (eight years in the making) just WORKED for her.

Though who was she texting? I have a fear that Lana has an alternative motive. Lana, Lana, Lana... WHat are you up too?
                        Yeah I meant Clark/Lana- but I re-watched the scene. I realized it was a good good-bye, its over wrap up converstation. Don't know what I was thinking in the first place.
                        I also liked that there were no smooches between Lana and Clark. And the whole thing about "maybe we weren't meant to be" which is SO RIGHT! However, I would've liked a bit more anger on Clark's part other than "a warning would've been nice". More like "how dare you?!"... A girl can't get everything I guess...

Do like Lana's new 'do. Very sexy, really fits her as well. Though can't say I'm looking forward to more shneaky!Lana, though I do believe she's working to protect Clark - in her own (often failed) way - as usual...

I know - I really miss her too! I really, really hope Clark has to go to Washington or something, some time - to make her re-appearance unavoidable. I get why they took her away, to force Clark to mature into a man. However, I think he's gone a long way and could use a last push from Mommy

I think she will be. At least for a while. Until Clark can step in, re-claim and cleanse his Fortress, make Jor-el heal her (again) and save the day^^

The wedding was great! Lois set up everything really well, and teh videocamera thing was very well done. I was scared that they were going to do it for the whole time, and I'm so glad they didn't. But the teaser was soo good, and sooo well done. And Doomsday's entrance. Okay, it was really creepy. And I loved the violent stuff about it. But....Doomsday (from what we saw of him) looks SO cheap. He had a few close-ups and just looks like the monster from "I Robot, You Jane". So, yeah, I kind of dislike what Doomsday looks like, but he was SO creepy, that it's okay.
                        Agree. Agree. Except for the Doomsday's looks part. I think he looks OK, I mean comic-book villains do not have a reputation of looking good on TV/in movies. I think they did a good job with making a scary evil-looking thing

Originally posted by LRae12 View Post
                        Erica Durance simply blew.me.away. Her performance was so felt! With all the scenes you guys mentioned all ready, but the one that really stood out in my mind was her convo with Ollie on the porch. Wow. The subtleties with the unshed tears and the pent up anguish. Holy crap. Seriously, it was that good. I loved Ollie's intuition there, as well.
                        I know, such an amazing scene. Though, I seriously laughed out loud when he said "because I know Clark". The look on her face was priceless! And I'm also glad we finally got a real end to their relationship - I think they both needed that

As far as Lois/Clark, I think this was the first episode where I finally felt the chemistry pull on Clark's side. We've had the attraction from Lois's point of view for a few episodes now, but I think Clark (as usual) has been completely 'duh' about it. I think tonight, when she came down the stairs and her back was to him talking to the camera guy, the way he looked at her - really looked at her for almost the first time - was sooo chemical. And their dance! I'm really glad they did not kiss there, though, because it would have been too soon - if Clark just finally 'noticed' her in the house an hour or so before hand, he didn't have time to pine long enough for a kiss (ignore my weird logic.)
                        In some way I agree, in some way I don't. I wanted that kiss! I think it would've make him even more confused in the Lana scene - or perhaps less... Who knows, Clark is one odd fella'. On the other hand, I can see your reasoning with the pining... Pining is fun^^

And how awesome was Lana's re-intro? I love badass Lana, and I can say that I didn't find her and Clark's ship to be interrupting the Clois as I feared, but more of a complete nail in the coffin on the Clana, which I thought they pulled off well. Tom handled that really well. I loved how Clark was able to come out of Lana's hospital room, and still have googly eyes for Lois.
                        *nods head* Nothing to add really but how much I that they're really ending Clana - I never thought the day would come.

I loved this episode SO much... I feel the need to go watch it again now And January? JANUARY?! Are they trying to kill me (in a very indirect way, I would probably survive, but I fear for Anna's mental health...)

Comment

I loved it, I loved it, I loved it, I LOVED IT!

Oh, man, Clois is coming! Doomsday is here! Lana might be evil! LEX?!

I love Davis and Doomsday. When we cut from all the happiness/melodrama to see Davis covered in blood, losing his shit, I gasped out out. He is such a great actor. It's almost a shame to put him into a scene with anybody else.

Lana's return was very well-handled. I loved that she was working another angle the entire time. "Did the Archer believe you?" Oooh, who? I hope it's Lex. One of the biggest missed opportunities of the entire show was the Lana/Lex storyline, having Lana go bad. I hope that the writers take the opportunity to have Lana walk the dark side. She would be so good as a villain.

Speaking of Lex...WTF? The last few seconds of this episode were like watching Lost...that's a big compliment. This season has rocketed Smallville, in my books, from being a guilty melodramatic pleasure to being one of the best shows on the air. Has there been any word on if this is definitely the last season?

CLOIS! I have been a Clois fan from the second she appeared on the show. I've been hearing some people say that Clois is developing too fast...well, from someone who has been waiting and seeing hints dropped for four years, allow me to say that those guys are insane. Lois and Clark were into each other from early Season 4, and everything else has just been varying levels of denial.

Comment

Originally posted by XavierZane View Post
                            CLOIS! I have been a Clois fan from the second she appeared on the show. I've been hearing some people say that Clois is developing too fast...well, from someone who has been waiting and seeing hints dropped for four years, allow me to say that those guys are insane. Lois and Clark were into each other from early Season 4, and everything else has just been varying levels of denial.
                            I know! I mean in the third epi of season four Lois and Clark share a laugh at the end of the episode and Chloe stands there with an "oh no, not again!" (as in - another girl instead of her) look! Then in Crimson (season six) Clark and Lois hook up due to red-kryptonite. And Clark never does anything he doesn't actually want when on red, he just do things he wouldn't dare! Another is the kissing in Hydro (again, season six) when Lois claim that "the Green Arrow" is a better kisser than Ollie! There are many more of these occasions of course... So yeah, Clois has been comming on for quite some time now

Comment

It was definitely epic! And now my favourite Smallville episode of all time.

From beginning to the last ten minutes was fantastic. From the last ten minutes onwards it was Bloody Freaking Amazing! Vast is also one of my fav. bands and the song and what was going on while it was playing it was perfect. Clark promising they'd get Chloe back and Lois saying what if we can't! Then turning around and Doomsday in the fortress with Chloe! OMG! I actually think it was the best episode of tv I've ever seen - well top three anyways. And now we just have to wait for January 15th. We have to wait for the Legion...

Comment

Originally posted by TheChosen View Post
                                From beginning to the last ten minutes was fantastic. From the last ten minutes onwards it was Bloody Freaking Amazing! Vast is also one of my fav. bands and the song and what was going on while it was playing it was perfect.
                                That song was amazing! And how it paired with the onscreen events ripped out my heart. SV is simply brilliant at their end montages in pulling together evocative music with a mixed bag of emotions whether sadness, hope, strength or fear.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Working...
                                X