Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gossip Girl 2x11: The Magnificent Archibalds

WOW! What a wonderful episode!

I can't believe that a) Lily came to have dinner at Rufus's yet AGAIN for Thanksgiving (awww!) and that b) we learned Lily's secret AND what was in Nate's letter to Jenny both in the SAME epp! Though her secret isn't as good as I was expecting...though now I'm eager to know why she was there! I bet it has something to do with Rufus....(or at least the shipper in my hopes it is!). And wow, I still feel all warm and fuzzy inside after that epp, and definitely was tearing up slightly in several parts--what a great episode! I think it might actually beat last year's Thanksgiving one in terms of suspense, action, and warm fuzzies!

And man is Bart a CREEP! And Jenny still looks hideous in her new look, Serena's short dress looked stupid, and I can't believe she was willing to share her boyfriend for even a second--ITA with Blair about how creepy that was....

And if Cyrus doesn't say "InconCEIVable!" at some point I will be very sad....
    Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Originally posted by sherrilina View Post
    And if Cyrus doesn't say "InconCEIVable!" at some point I will be very sad....

Dude, Wallace Shawn rules. I loved that they got engaged 'cause I hope he remains a recurring guest star/ I've loved that man for over 20 years now!!

Oh, the letter....so Nate/Jenny are off. But that is only temporary. I am sure there will be something happening with them toward the end of the season. Because the letter? I freeze framed it and it was sappy. Nate totally wants her. He talks about not being able to pretend those feelings don't exist and how he values honesty because he grew up in a family without it....

And I loved the Blair/Jenny interaction! I love when Blair's ice queen melts and she has actual empathy. They do help each other out on occasion and I would like to see them as friends.

I'm not too down on Bart just yet. Yeah, he's a creep but people of wealth have good reasons to be suspicious of pretty much everyone. But the only reason I can rationalize why he would have files on the Van der Woodsens is to protect them. The more he knows the more he can be prepared if someone tries to blackmail or report on them in a story or something. Other than that, yeah...jerk move, dude.
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
      Dude, Wallace Shawn rules. I loved that they got engaged 'cause I hope he remains a recurring guest star/ I've loved that man for over 20 years now!!
      Ah yes, that's his name! I can never remember.... But yeah, I was so surprised to see him when Cyrus was revealed! He is so anti-Blair in character and appearance it's hilarious in itself--I loved Blair's reaction to him, and to his hugs!

Oh, the letter....so Nate/Jenny are off. But that is only temporary. I am sure there will be something happening with them toward the end of the season. Because the letter? I freeze framed it and it was sappy. Nate totally wants her. He talks about not being able to pretend those feelings don't exist and how he values honesty because he grew up in a family without it....
      Oh wow thanks, I didn't catch any of that (though I tried to freeze it there), just the end part about how know that Dan knows he has to stay away, even though he doesn't want to, and know he doesn't know what to do...I don't know why they didn't show the rest of the letter!

I'm sorry, but I'm glad they're off and wish they'd stay off....seeing him with Vanessa again just reminds me of how much more sense they make, and how little sense it makes that he just suddenly turned around from liking Vanessa to liking Jenny--especially when he and Vanessa seem more natural IMO, and when to me Vanessa is more worthy of his affections (maybe it's just because Jenny looks so hideous these days it makes my eyes hurt--seriously! WHY DID THEY HAVE TO UGLIFY HER SO MUCH?!).

So while initially I was excited about the kiss, and did think they'd be cute when they first were talking together in 1x08, now I don't like them so much--I thought all that guilt-tripping him into difficult and awkward situations stuff from two episodes ago was just painful to watch....

And I loved the Blair/Jenny interaction! I love when Blair's ice queen melts and she has actual empathy. They do help each other out on occasion and I would like to see them as friends.
      Yeah I loved that scene as well!

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

Originally posted by sherrilina View Post
        Oh wow thanks, I didn't catch any of that (though I tried to freeze it there),
        I went frame by frame to get a good shot. This is what being a Lost fan has done to me!!! I watch shgows ina completely different way now.

...seeing him with Vanessa again just reminds me of how much more sense they make, and how little sense it makes that he just suddenly turned around from liking Vanessa to liking Jenny--especially when he and Vanessa seem more natural IMO, and when to me Vanessa is more worthy of his affections ..
        Maybe it's because Vanessa never quite grew on me and Nate did that I don't them together. I actually really always enjoy the Chuck/Vanessa stuff though! They were almost like friends tonight. Especially their last scene...there was actual genuine affection there. They have a mutual friend and agree to put aside their dislike of each other for his sake.
        sigpic
        follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

The episode where better then the last one, but not brilliant.

Serena/Aron(or whatever his name is): They really bore me to death. Hi's boring, and I can't understand why he wants to date other people. No gone with him!

Nate: I think he was really strong this ep, and it was really good to see him. He's been gone alot this season. I loved his letter to Jenny. They so want eachother

Jenny: I think she went a bit far wanting to divorce her parents. Good that's fixing up. No'w the only thing she has to fix is Nate. and that brings me to the next thing..

Vanessa: Groooooaaagh. Never liked her and otnight I hated her more then ever. How can she do that? just because Nate loves Jenny more then her.

Lily/Bart: I love Lily more and more for every episode, and Bart less and less. He's a creep.

Blair: A little childish as usual but I don't blame her. Cyrus is horrible and yet funny. I loved her interaction with Jenny. I want to see them as friends sometimes.

Chuck: I actually liked him and Vanessa together.

Comment

What a lovely episode! I really enjoyed it and even teared up a few times.

The thing I'm most happy about is the restoration of the Chuck and Nate bromance! I really hated their rift in the last few episodes and was so glad that they made up in this week's episode (and yay for getting drunk in the limo! ). I thought it was really sweet how both Chuck and Vanessa really came through for Nate (with their intervention and everything), even though he had been treating both of them pretty crappy lately.

I'm happy for Nate that he managed to make his father see reason and turn himself in. The moment where Nate says he was proud of his father was quite touching.

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
            Maybe it's because Vanessa never quite grew on me and Nate did that I don't them together. I actually really always enjoy the Chuck/Vanessa stuff though! They were almost like friends tonight. Especially their last scene...there was actual genuine affection there. They have a mutual friend and agree to put aside their dislike of each other for his sake.
            I couldn't have said it better myself and totally agree with everything you wrote. I liked how Vanessa called Chuck even though she dislikes him because she (or rather Nate) needed his help. The way she touched Chuck on the arm when she was walking away definitely spoke of friendship to me. So I liked Vanessa in this ep (even though I'm usually not a huge fan of hers) up to the point where she stole Nate's letter. I can understand that it was tempting but I thought it was a really crummy thing to do and I think it will bite her in the ass in the end. Because Jenni Lou is right, the things Nate wrote were quite sappy and those feelings won't just go away.

What else? Oh yes, I liked the Chuck/Eric brotherly interactions but I always enjoy those. I love how protective and sweet Chuck is towards Eric. I was also very happy for Blair that she got to have her perfect Thanksgiving after all, with her father and his pie being there for her. And it was sweet how un-Blair-like she reacted in view of Jenny's distress. Same goes for Elenor, she was almost motherly towards Jenny.

I still don't like Aaron and I doubt I ever will. That guy is just calling all the shots in their relationship and I don't think that's really healthy. Not that I am a huge fan of Dan who again annoyed me in this episode.

I loved that Lilly and Rufus and their families spent Thanksgiving together again. Rufus' look when Lilly told him that she thought of his place as home nearly made me melt!

No Chair in this episode again so hopefully the next episode will make up for that! Too bad we have to wait two weeks for the next ep!

Comment

Originally posted by Cori View Post
              I still don't like Aaron and I doubt I ever will. That guy is just calling all the shots in their relationship and I don't think that's really healthy. Not that I am a huge fan of Dan who again annoyed me in this episode.
              I don't think Dan was so much in the wrong her--Serena was the one who was reverting to her lying, deceptive bs ways that got her into such a mess with Dan last season, and I'm glad that Dan caused her to fess up and be truthful, so I wouldn't want to slap some sense into her every time she appeared on screen, like I did for pretty much the ENTIRE freaking Georgina arc! And even though Serena was in the wrong I think it was nice that he backtracked and took the hit in front of Aaron, saying he had lied, to belatedly try to help Serena out. But Serena should never have lied about her alcohol consumption in the first place.

But yeah I can't stand Aaron, never have, and the fact that he was actually dating OTHER girls before (and totally didn't tell Serena that, claiming they were "friends," only to then be all like, "I thought you knew we were in an open relationship?" and make her feel stupid, particularly sent me over the edge--Serena is an idiot for wanting to stay in that kind of degrading relationship. Dan, for all his faults, certainly would never do such a thing. It's good Aaron is being exclusive now, but I'm not sure how long that's going to last...

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

The thing I'm most happy about is the restoration of the Chuck and Nate bromance! I really hated their rift in the last few episodes and was so glad that they made up in this week's episode (and yay for getting drunk in the limo! ). I thought it was really sweet how both Chuck and Vanessa really came through for Nate (with their intervention and everything), even though he had been treating both of them pretty crappy lately.
                Yes! I've been wishing for a sweet re-unite since that damn Yale episode, so glad I finally got it. Though, I would've liked for Nate to know why Chuck hates Dan, because it's relevant.

I couldn't have said it better myself and totally agree with everything you wrote. I liked how Vanessa called Chuck even though she dislikes him because she (or rather Nate) needed his help. The way she touched Chuck on the arm when she was walking away definitely spoke of friendship to me. So I liked Vanessa in this ep (even though I'm usually not a huge fan of hers) up to the point where she stole Nate's letter. I can understand that it was tempting but I thought it was a really crummy thing to do and I think it will bite her in the ass in the end. Because Jenni Lou is right, the things Nate wrote were quite sappy and those feelings won't just go away.
                I'm definitely looking forward to more "unlikely" comings together with Chuck and Vanessa - he really bring out the best in her And I'm actually "rooting" for Nate/Jenny more than Nate/Vanessa - mostly because I think V can do better - she may be annoying, but not that annoying

What else? Oh yes, I liked the Chuck/Eric brotherly interactions but I always enjoy those. I love how protective and sweet Chuck is towards Eric.
                The thing about Chuck is he looks after his people (which basically includes Blair, Nate, Eric and Serena - oh and Bart/Lily). No-one on the show seem to really acknowledge that, which I find a shame sometimes... Eric seems to "see" Chuck though, in the first season he actually defends him to Serena which I love

No Chair in this episode again so hopefully the next episode will make up for that! Too bad we have to wait two weeks for the next ep!
                Well the trailer
                Spoiler:
                seems promising

Comment

Originally posted by Signe View Post
                  Yes! I've been wishing for a sweet re-unite since that damn Yale episode, so glad I finally got it. Though, I would've liked for Nate to know why Chuck hates Dan, because it's relevant.
                  Maybe Chuck told Nate during their limo talk? Although they probably just wanted to have a good time and not talk about such unpleasant things.

I'm definitely looking forward to more "unlikely" comings together with Chuck and Vanessa - he really bring out the best in her
                  Yes Chuck seems to have that effect on people.

The thing about Chuck is he looks after his people (which basically includes Blair, Nate, Eric and Serena - oh and Bart/Lily). No-one on the show seem to really acknowledge that, which I find a shame sometimes... Eric seems to "see" Chuck though, in the first season he actually defends him to Serena which I love
                  Exactly! Chuck may be cruel and indifferent to many people but he will do anything for the people he truly cares about. And yes I loved when Eric told Serena that Chuck may have his faults but that he never judged him.

Well the trailer
                  Spoiler:
                  seems promising
                  Spoiler:
                  It does indeed! I cannot wait to see the Chair goodness!

Comment

Working...
                  X