Favourite Characters this Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite Characters this Season

Who are your favourite characters this season and also who doesn't interest you at all?

My favourite would have to be Sylar I love that he is being given more layers. I like the idea of him becoming a true hero, I think he is also a character you can sympathise with, I find myself feeling sorry for him so much this Season.
    I also like Daphne and Matt, I really want to see these two get together I think they would be really sweet together. I love that Daphne is quirky and they don't seem like a likely fit.

The characters that don't interest me at all are Mohinder, I find myself feeling grossed out completely whenever they show him, he has such a weird power and I really think they made a mistake making him one of the bad guys whether he means to be or not.
    sigpic

Absolutely agree with you about Sylar, but I've always quite liked him anyway, this season has seen his character develop greatly and it's really interesting to see the changes.

Also, I loved Daphne, she's brilliant, although things kind of look murky after the events of 3.07.

Elle is also fantastic, I'm a huge Kristen Bell fan since VM and I think she is awesome as the character, it's interesting how she's changed too and the preview for 3.08 makes for a surprising and intriguing twist.
    sigpic

Comment

My Season 1 and Season 2 favourites were Noah, Nathan and Elle, but now that Noah is barely getting any screentime and Nathan is being squeezed into two very unlikely and unsavoury arcs (the religious turn and Nathan/Tracy), I find myself sympathizing more with Elle, Sylar and Daphne.

(set made by Francy for me)

Comment

Daphne, Ustusu, Matt, Sylar, Elle.

My love of Noah is slipping. He needs to do something awesome soon. I've never liked Nathan that much, and still don't. Claire's story this year has possibility, but I need more than one good episode. Tracy is interesting, but not terribly so. Mohinder and Peter are full of fail. Maya's best bit this season (and ever) was her walking away. Meredith is alright. I still wish the show had given us more of Francis Capra.

Comment

Matt, Elle, Daphne, Angela, Noah, Claire....Matt and Daphne have a great story this season, and I hate that she seems to have taken a turn in 3.07 Elle is always great, as is Kristen Bell. Angela has always been extremely badass, as has Noah. Claire's mini-story is really to my liking, honestly. I'm loving that.

I actually hate Sylar this season

Comment

Matt has always been one of my favorite characters, but the writers just seem to hate doing anything with him. They always set him up to have great storylines, and then they take it away or do nothing with it or erase it.

Season 1: He has a cheating wife and a baby that might or might not be his, and an awesome FBI partner...which all vanish in Season 2.

Season 2: But that's alright, because in Season 2 he's raising a little girl who loves him and he has a scary father who doesn't (or does he!?!)...which all vanish in Season 3.

Season 3: But that's alright, because he's found the possible love of his life and he's found a kickass ally in Africa and his own totem animal/spirit guide and he seems to be one of the only remaining truly good guys...which would be great, if they showed him for more than two minutes an episode!

That might all be exaggerated a tad bit. I just hope that he has a primary role this season. He deserves it.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBoy View Post
              I actually hate Sylar this season
              Why do you hate Sylar? Is it because he isn't the baddest guy anymore?

I agree about Matt I wonder sometimes if he has less airtime than some of the others because he is maybe considered as less of an attraction than i.e Peter, Claire, Niki/Tracy etc. I know that sounds silly but it also seems weird to me that they play him down so much I think he could be one of the most interesting characters if they showed more of him and involved in more in the storylines.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carousel_girl8 View Post
                Why do you hate Sylar? Is it because he isn't the baddest guy anymore?

I agree about Matt I wonder sometimes if he has less airtime than some of the others because he is maybe considered as less of an attraction than i.e Peter, Claire, Niki/Tracy etc. I know that sounds silly but it also seems weird to me that they play him down so much I think he could be one of the most interesting characters if they showed more of him and involved in more in the storylines.
                I never liked Sylar. He never scared me as a villain, and he doesn't convince me as a hero. He is constantly overused and switching sides every other episode, just like Peter, which is really pissing me off. I mean, it's not like "he's in the grey area." It's like, in Season 2, he kills people, in the Season 3 premiere he's nice, in 3.03 evil, 3.04 evil, 3.05 nice, etc. Now, I know what I said didn't really happen, but I might, some episodes he's good, some he's bad. Which is really annoying *shrugs*

Comment

My two favorite characters in this volume were Daphne and Elle. And I really hated Nathan. First the religious turn, then he becomes a bad guy, then a good guy, then a really bad guy and after and even worse guy. I feel like he's a very angry and confused puppet.
                  What? You?ve taught a psycho killer demon how to be human by making him watch Sex and the City?

1.02 Never been kissed OUT NOW/ 1.03 Damned by the bell COMING SOON

Comment

Hiro is my favourite! Always has been and still is!
                    He's just so cute and he's trying so hard to do what's right and yet is so clumsy sometimes hehe.

Comment

Daphne was a terrific addition, even if they did give her just a little too much exposition from sudden insight toward the end of the Volume. Definitely my favourite of the new crop. Few of the old crop really inspired this year, though Ando continued to be great. I didn't care for the Sylar arc one little bit, so he goes to the bottom of the pile.
                      Cordially,
                      Amuk

I didn't jump. I took a tiny step, and there conclusions were.
                      Addicted to Buffy

Comment

My favorites really changed from the beginning to the end of the season.

In the beginning, I was actually really riveted by Tracy Strauss. "Who is she?" "Why does she look like Niki Sanders?" "What role is she going to play?" There were so many options for storylines that I was actually REALLY excited about the season! We get a glimpse of her in episode 3.01 and then we get more story on her in 3.02 and finding out her power just made her even more exciting. Then she goes to find out who Niki Sanders is, she (and we) find out she's one of a set of triplets that included Niki, she tries to turn herself in and then tries to kill herself, and then she loses all of her storylines. She just became a tool to advance Nathan's story along. Tracy became a peripheral character that was actually BORING! I love Ali Larter and think that she did a spectacular job with the crap that she was given after 3.05 but, seriously? Tracy went from favorite of the season to borderline forgettable (granted, I never forget an Ali Larter scene, but the character herself really was forgettable in terms of the story and the volume).

In reverse, Peter started off as an annoyance - but an interesting and hot one, nontheless - who really was doing nothing but piss me off. Plus, our present Peter was running around in Weevil's body? Not cool. Though he sparked the season's storyline, he was just...unnecessary. Especially since he was partially responsible for the redefining of Sylar's ability. However, in the latter half of the season, once he was taken by Arthur Petrelli and the Pinehearst crew, I quickly switched back to liking him. Now that the volume's over, Peter is one of the characters whose storylines I'm eagerly waiting for.

Some characters that were always interesting to me this season?

-Nathan: the religious transformation had so much potential and, though they never fufilled said potential, he still remained as an exciting, consistent character in my eyes. After "Dual," I'm really pumped about where he's going to go for the rest of the season.

-Claire: SHOCKING! I actually LIKED her! Though she was in every single episode with more scenes than anybody else, she had excellent material in Volume 3. Less teenage angst, more grown-up angst. She became a mature young woman. Though her wig was hideous, she was still pretty damn awesome.

-Angela: yeah, no explanation as to how awesome she is should be necessary. She's Angela Petrelli.

Then there were characters I consistently hated this volume (for the most part)...

-Sylar: wishy-washy, gullible, weak, useless, repetitive, ridiculous, retcon...all of these words (and more) describe how I saw Sylar in Volume 3. Though, 3.12 and 3.13 turned him into a really scary villain, for me (and he has never been scary, in my opinion...never a REAL threat to anybody but random minor characters and Mohinder - neither of whom I care about).

-Hiro & Ando: they received the most ridiculous storylines. Hiro was BORED so he allowed for the Formula to get stolen? Hiro becomes a 10-year-old and Ando has to teach him how to use his power? And I cringed during the scenes in "Dual" when Ando was learning how to use his power. *Shivers* Only Hiro redeemed himself in 3.12 and 3.13. Ando's still on my "Kill Off" list.

-Daphne: Irritating. Never really got an emotional response from me and I thought her big reveal that she couldn't use her legs before she got her ability was laughable, at best. I guess my main problem is with the actress, since there were moments where the character could have been a great addition and I DID like future!Daphne. And what was with that hair?!

-Mohinder: Die. Unless you're going to do something really interesting with Tracy in Volume 4, DIE. End of story.

Everyone who wasn't mentioned is just...whatever in my book. They weren't BAD but they weren't GOOD. They were consistently just OK.
                        wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

Q. Finish this sequence...

1. Kirk, Spock, McCoy
                          2. Buffy, Willow, Xander
                          3. ?

A. Peter, Claire, Hiro.

I really think those three are the key characters in this whole thing around which every other plot will always tend to revolve. This year, one of them, Hiro, was almost completely wasted, and another, Peter, was deliberately stifled because of frankly ridiculous hesitation about his powers by the show.

Claire, at least, was the hands down most awesome character for me. Her journey of self-discovery and of finding a purpose and seeing her potential was the best part of this season.

Peter... well, while I do like what we learned about his need to be special even without powers this season, and we did learn that he really *does* have the toughness and willpower to kill his father (and possibly to kill Nathan), the show's constant insistence on taking his power or memory or bangs away from him is just ridiculous at this point. I'm glad they are finally over it, and hopefully will just accept that he is going to be a pretty strong character no matter what they do. He is the Superman of the "Heroes" universe. It hasn't hurt DC. Accept it.

I disagree with Heather in that I think Daphne was a very pleasant addition. She really was what Eden *should* have been, IMO and what Candice almost was. She was all spunky attitude, enjoyment of her powers, but tinged with a conscious. Eden turned into emo girl right away and Candice was frankly pretty rotten.

Knox was great, but now he's gone.

I was enthused about Tracy at the beginning, too, but really, maybe TWOP is right and they should just kill her and get on to Barbara because I just don't feel like they are challenging Ali Larter nearly enough.
                          sigpic
                          Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
                            I disagree with Heather in that I think Daphne was a very pleasant addition. She really was what Eden *should* have been, IMO and what Candice almost was. She was all spunky attitude, enjoyment of her powers, but tinged with a conscious. Eden turned into emo girl right away and Candice was frankly pretty rotten.
                            Candice only interested me when she was the red-head in season 2, but we all know how that ended. And, of course, when Ali Larter or even Tawny Cypress (when Candice was Simone to get the FBI agents away from Isaac's loft).

Eden, however, was always a favorite of mine and did the first truly heroic thing on the show (and possibly the MOST heroic thing). Being willing to take her own life, to fix her own mistake, in order to stop a villain from getting a very powerful ability - and, thus, saving countless people - is so massively heroic, in my eyes. I just wish that they had actually gotten Eden back for 3.08 "Villains" instead of retconning Elle's character into that pitiful "relationship" with sylar...It would've been more effective and a bigger shout-out to fans if it had been Eden in Elle's place, as it was written.

Originally posted by KingofCretins
                            I was enthused about Tracy at the beginning, too, but really, maybe TWOP is right and they should just kill her and get on to Barbara because I just don't feel like they are challenging Ali Larter nearly enough.
                            I actually agree. Part of me wishes that they had just had DL save Niki from the explosion and have their storyline be about getting their family together and protecting their family from the villains - and from Arthur Petrelli. Could've fed into a nice way to get Niki and Claire together so Niki would've gotten healed and blahblahblah. It would've worked better. Especially if what Ali Larter was given was a story with SUBSTANCE - something she hasn't gotten since Jessica was around.

*Le sigh* Whatever. I've accepted that the writers insist on keeping Ali Larter but also insist on giving her nothing to do but look pretty. It's heartbreaking but it's the truth. I'd rather they move onto Barbara in volume 4 and be done with it or give Tracy a real story.

Right now, it's almost like Ali Larter isn't even on the show...
                            wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

Yeah, Tawny Cypress is someone we didn't get enough of in general -- so pretty. But I didn't mind Missy Peregrym, I just didn't find Candace all that worth watching.

I agree that Eden did a really heroic thing, but she became pretty one note -- she was all smitten with Mohinder and then she was all smitten with Isaac and then she was dead.
                              sigpic
                              Banner by LRae12

Comment

Working...
                              X