The Tudors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tudors

So, I'm really addicted to this show at the moment, and I wondered if anyone else is? I'm only on the First Season, although I know the story of Henry VIII and his twenty million wives. OK, six. I think this is really interesting as its based on true stuff and its educating as well as entertaining. I've actually learned a lot of stuff I never knew before. Like...
    Spoiler:
    Henry VIII had another son! I was like...omigosh!
    So what do you think of this amazing show?

sigpic
    ♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

Well, I love it to bits and pieces I actually only knew about the Henry Fitzroy thing because of Blood Ties (another show where Fitzroy is a vampire^^) :P Mostly, I started watching the show for two reasons. The primary one was Jonathan Rhys Meyers whom I've loved (as an actor ) for a few years now. The second one was that I'm such a history geek.

I was kind of scared that I'd be disappointed in the show at first - because I can be really picky with historical facts etc. But I liked it. There are some major screw-ups but I can see why they did that instead of the "real thing". It's just like when turning a book into a film or something - some things has to be cut or altered because it's simply too complicated to shoot. An example from Tudors is that Henry really had two sisters, Margaret and Mary, instead of just one as on the show. I think the reason they took away Mary is because it'd be too messy with two Princess Mary's (his daughter too ^^).

So yes, I like the show

Comment

Originally posted by Signe View Post
      An example from Tudors is that Henry really had two sisters, Margaret and Mary, instead of just one as on the show. I think the reason they took away Mary is because it'd be too messy with two Princess Mary's (his daughter too ^^).
      Yeah, I read about this somewhere. The life that 'Margaret' leads in this show is infact the life that Mary Tudor lead, but of course with Henry VIII daughter called Mary it would be a bit confusing, so they said it was Margaret. I watched the one where
      Spoiler:
      She died of Consumption yesterday, I was actually in tears, I didn't expect that...I didn't know that happened I was like...no!!!
      Going to watch the last episode tonight sometime. *Is excited*

sigpic
      ♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

Comment

Working...
      X