Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2x09 - There Might Be Blood

Another amusing episode!

Dan going on the 'wrong path'... that's quite out of character!
    But understandable though, seeing his sister succeed and all.
    Part of me understands why their dad is being so stubborn, but on the other hand... trying to get Jenny arrested?! that could never be good!
    Even though I didn't like the clothes that Jenni is making, at all, it was still pretty cool and well organised. Loved that Lilly and Bart were sort of dancing on it and liked it.
    Also for her not pressing charges, that was nice.

I like the actress that plays the model, already liked her back in the OC. Not sure I like her role, but Willa is cool.

Then Blair... poor B, I don't really understand how she changed from upper control, into this, just because Serena stood up.
    But the storyline was quite nice. Why she didn't blackmail her way in, is beyond me. She felt sorry for Stella, but then blackmail would've been even better, not?
    But even though it felt unlike B, it was nice to see that she got in, the nice and honest way!

Chuck and Blair... that was cool, Chuck saying he would always do that for her
    I love him.
    Must admit that Nate is becoming a more interesting and more indepth character as well btw! Not to forget that he's steaming hot!

All in all, loving the season. It's what it's supposed to be: Amusing and not too much to think ;-)

I agree with you, Rosely, I enjoyed this episode a lot, it was much fun. I loved the guerrilla fashion show, very cool stuff. Jenny being so excited about it that she was jumping up and down made me laugh. I couldn't believe that Rufus actually wanted to get his daughter arrested and was glad when Lilly stepped in. It was great how supportive of Jenny she was. I'm still not sure about the Nate/Jenny thing but I have to admit they were pretty cute in this episode. Of course I felt bad for Vanessa, getting hurt like that by both of them. I wonder where Jenny is going to live, now that she moved out of the Humphrey residence. Maybe she will crash at Agnes' place. Hopefully, she will get some orders for her clothing line soon so that she will be financially secure.

I loved how much time Blair, Chuck and Serena were spending together in this episode and how both Chuck and Serena helped Blair out with that girl (btw wasn't her name Emma, not Stella?). It was nice to see vulnerable Blair again and how she could relate to Emma because of her mother issues.

There were many CHAIR moments in this episode that made me squee, I so love those two! For example when Chuck said that he would do anything for Blair or when he said that the back of the limo was sacred and he wouldn't have sex in there with just about anyone. Or when Blair told Emma that the first time she had sex it was with a guy that she loved. Plus there were many smouldering looks between the two throughout the episode. Those crazy kids just have to work it out, they belong together.

I agree that Nate is hot but Chuck has such charisma and is so deliciously naughty that he appeals even more to me, which is funny because looks-wise Nate is much more my type.

This season is definitely much fun and I cannot wait to see what they will come up with next.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosely View Post
      Dan going on the 'wrong path'... that's quite out of character!
      But understandable though, seeing his sister succeed and all.
      I went "finally!" when he did that! Seriously, maybe he'll stop being a hypocrite and actually become a person. (I do know that I'm biased because of my general Humphrey dislike, but stil...)

Loved that Lilly and Bart were sort of dancing on it and liked it.
      Also for her not pressing charges, that was nice.
      Originally posted by Cori View Post
      I loved the guerrilla fashion show, very cool stuff. Jenny being so excited about it that she was jumping up and down made me laugh. I couldn't believe that Rufus actually wanted to get his daughter arrested and was glad when Lilly stepped in. It was great how supportive of Jenny she was. I'm still not sure about the Nate/Jenny thing but I have to admit they were pretty cute in this episode. Of course I felt bad for Vanessa, getting hurt like that by both of them. I wonder where Jenny is going to live, now that she moved out of the Humphrey residence. Maybe she will crash at Agnes' place. Hopefully, she will get some orders for her clothing line soon so that she will be financially secure.
      I really agree - as Lily said, she stopped him from making a huge mistake... I sort of liked the guerilla fashion show although Jenny still just annoys me... Although I hope she'll get her career moving, because otherwise I think she'll just annoy me more What I do find confusing (and for once I'm on Jenny's side) is why Nate/Jenny would be gross/weird because of age. He's not that much older (on the show), I mean they're both (supposed) to be in high school! Again with Dan just being on a moral sky scrape....

Then Blair... poor B, I don't really understand how she changed from upper control, into this, just because Serena stood up.
      But the storyline was quite nice. Why she didn't blackmail her way in, is beyond me. She felt sorry for Stella, but then blackmail would've been even better, not?
      But even though it felt unlike B, it was nice to see that she got in, the nice and honest way!

Chuck and Blair... that was cool, Chuck saying he would always do that for her
      I love him.
      I loved how much time Blair, Chuck and Serena were spending together in this episode and how both Chuck and Serena helped Blair out with that girl (btw wasn't her name Emma, not Stella?). It was nice to see vulnerable Blair again and how she could relate to Emma because of her mother issues.

There were many CHAIR moments in this episode that made me squee, I so love those two! For example when Chuck said that he would do anything for Blair or when he said that the back of the limo was sacred and he wouldn't have sex in there with just about anyone. Or when Blair told Emma that the first time she had sex it was with a guy that she loved. Plus there were many smouldering looks between the two throughout the episode. Those crazy kids just have to work it out, they belong together.
      I know I think what's made Blair less ice queen and more like this is the combo of Chuck and Serena. In her relationship with Nate it was always she who was in control, and in many ways their relationship was kind of platonic. Then came Chuck - who is no-one's "beeatch". Suddenly, she had intense feelings and desires, for a guy who refused to be her slave in all things. She started to lose control a bit. Then when Serena started "acting up" everything she knew just evaporated. I think it's really fun to see her "finding herself" again ^^ And I think it was a very bog step for Blair to not blackmail. I also think that the reason she didn't was because she was afraid the mum would take it out on the daughter - something that Blair wouldn't want because she could see herself in the daughter (I'm calling her that because I seriously can't remember he name...).

And yes, many great Chair scenes! As you both, I loved the comment about the sacred back-seat There were many, many, great comments about the back-seat luvin' in this episode When Blair said she lost her virginity to a guy she loved, awww... She seems to have no problems confessing her lurrve for Chuck to everyone and everything^^ (I wonder what would've happened if Chuck'd been there

And I must say, Blair probably had my favourite quote for the evening:
      Fine, we'll save Little Red Riding Hood from the Big Bad Wolf. But after that it's bulldog, bulldog, roar, roar, roar!
      Must admit that Nate is becoming a more interesting and more indepth character as well btw! Not to forget that he's steaming hot!
      I agree that Nate is hot but Chuck has such charisma and is so deliciously naughty that he appeals even more to me, which is funny because looks-wise Nate is much more my type.
      Nate's just becoming even more annoying than usual! Seriously, he dissed Chuck! His only real friend - who does that?! Shouldn't he know by now that Chuck's actually not that bad? And that he always has reasons when he's being (extra) mean? Seriously, how can so many years of loyalty just jump over to hypocrite-Dan in a matter of weeks? Gah!! For a moment I was hoping he'd move in with Chuck again (and all would be good) but then Nate had to be all "no! I don't want to! because you're meeeean!" (think five year old). Gah!

Finally, I do agree with the general consensus that this season is looking up (even though I'm annoyed by all and everything that is not Chuck...)

Comment

I dunno. Nate had grown on me immensely since the beginning fo the series. The more time that goes by, the more i like him. And originally I thought he was too much of a pretty boy and I don't really go for those types but I'm seeing him differently now and he's just a very cute boy. I wanna know what's in that letter to Jenny!

Rufus was a bit crazy trying to get her arrested. But he is losing control of her. She is just slipping more and more away from him and I feel bad for him, because he is a good father.

As for Nate dissing Chuck, I get it. He just wants some distance for the moment. And who wouldn't when you are surrounded by schemes and blackmail all the time. I like Chuck as a character but as a person he needs some works. He was a good heart but he does some very questionable and mean things. I couldn't be around someone like that very much so I can't blame Nate for that.

I was also very proud of Blair for resisting the blackmail temptation! How very un-B!
        sigpic
        follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Originally posted by Signe View Post
          What I do find confusing (and for once I'm on Jenny's side) is why Nate/Jenny would be gross/weird because of age. He's not that much older (on the show), I mean they're both (supposed) to be in high school! Again with Dan just being on a moral sky scrape....
          I couldn't agree more. I didn't really get Dan's point of view with respect to this at all. It is one thing to be weirded out by the age difference between Buffy and Angel for example but Jenny and Nate? I mean they are both teenagers, are both in high school (well Jenny not so much but still) and the age difference between them is no more than one or two years (as I understand it). I get that Dan finds Nate's decision to trade sex for money questionable although Dan doesn't really know the whole story (how Nate did it for his family, tried to protect his mother etc.) so I thought Nate was right when he told Dan that he had no right to judge him. The judgmental, self-righteous Dan monster rears its head again!

Comment

I couldn't agree more. I didn't really get Dan's point of view with respect to this at all. It is one thing to be weirded out by the age difference between Buffy and Angel for example but Jenny and Nate? I mean they are both teenagers, are both in high school (well Jenny not so much but still) and the age difference between them is no more than one or two years (as I understand it). I get that Dan finds Nate's decision to trade sex for money questionable although Dan doesn't really know the whole story (how Nate did it for his family, tried to protect his mother etc.) so I thought Nate was right when he told Dan that he had no right to judge him. The judgmental, self-righteous Dan monster rears its head again!
            "The judgmental, self-righteous Dan monster" Hahaha!!! And yes, as I understand it there's two years between Nate and Jenny which is like nothing! Seriously... I'm getting really, really, really tired of Dan and his "I'm so good, I always do right and when I don't I do it for good reason and I don't like it as I'm sure all of you other bad, bad people do!" He really should get over himself. I'd say get laid, but that obviously didn't work. He actually reminds me a lot of George in Grey's Anatomy. In season four Burke says something about George having these unrealistic expectations on all the people in his surroundings that are impossible to live up to. I think that Dan is much the same. He expects everybody to be perfect and when they're not he gets angry and accuses them of being horrible and bad people. It's extremely unfair in my opinion...

Comment

I didn't see Dan's attitude towards Nate as self-righteous. I saw it as Dan being annoyed with Jenny and himself, angry at the ease at which the "rich kids" get everything and then there's the Vanessa thing. I think he was feeling bad for her, especially since he'd been trying to push her towards Nate earlier in the episode. I don't think he thinks of Nate as being a "bad" man, or why would he encourage his best friend to give things a go with him. The "trade sex for money" comment was him lashing out in temper rather than him meaning it, IMO.

His reaction, to throw Nate out of the house was a bit harsh, but then Dan has always been an over-the-top-drama-queen when things don't go the way he was expecting. His reaction was basically the reason why he and Serena didn't work out.

I'm really enjoying the Jenny storyline. I think it's a nice counterpoint of the poor teenage girl living her dreams by sheer force of will and determination when compared to the rich girls getting nearly anything they want just because they have rich parents. If Serena or Blair wanted to start their own clothing line they'd just have to ask mummy to talk to a few people, and it would be a done deal. Jenny's ingenuity and guts really showed through in this episode and I think if anyone is being self-righteous it's Rufus, or should I say hypocritical. The man made a success of himself at, presumably, an early age doing the thing he loved and was good at. I think he should've been supportive and proud of Jenny, not shopping her to the police. Lily was right in this instance.

I also liked the Blair scenes with Emma, although she was a bit to screamy and excitable at points. I'm not as invested in the Chair ship as some of you guys, but I agree that when he said he would do anything for her my heart melted for her. Oh I'm so bored of the Aaron/Serena stuff already - does that girl not have any backbone when it comes to men? If a girl answers the phone leave a brilliantly funny and sexy message, don't just hang up!! Pah!
              sigpic

Peter Capaldi is the 12th Doctor

Comment

Generally, scenes with Dan and/or Serena are the most boring ones to me. Serena is very one-note, even when they tried to rev her up by doing the whole Queen B switcheroo. And Dan...he just still annoys me. I hate the way he speaks, the way he thinks he is so much better and more moral than everyone else...his stories are lame...look, my college major was fiction writing so you would think I would like to see stuff about aspiring writers. But Dan's story is sooooo booorrring. yawn yawn boring. I never thought Jenny's storyline would be more intriguing than most of the rest of the cast.

Re: Rufus. He had a point though when he was explaining that success comes at a price and that you have to be able to like yourself at its expense, to be careful how you achieve the success. It's interesting that both of his children are sort of doing the opposite thing.
                sigpic
                follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Originally posted by ciderdrinker View Post
                  Oh I'm so bored of the Aaron/Serena stuff already - does that girl not have any backbone when it comes to men? If a girl answers the phone leave a brilliantly funny and sexy message, don't just hang up!! Pah!
                  I know! It's so annoying! She kneads! And it's boring kneading! I think the whole storyline about how they got married at a camp is so ridiculous (I don't know if it's in the books and they want to "keep true" but seriously, it's ludicrous and silly) and just makes the whole thing seem, well - silly. In my opinion, it would've been better if he'd stayed a mysterious player guy for a while...

And as you said, has she no backbone? Personally, I'm starting to think not. Which might be why I dislike her so much... She's constantly in an "should I do this or that" mood - which is odd because she's made out to be this fantastic, self-confident "it-girl". It could be that the writers/creators of the show want her to be the "seems confident but really isn't"-type character. However, it's really weird then that in just a few episodes ago she told Blair how she'd always been holding back and not being "herself". Not really the song of an insecure person...

Comment

I really enjoyd this episode too.

Off course I liked the jenny storyline. And I still hope Nate/Jenny is in for the long run. The first kiss really made me squee, and I liked that he was their for her and supported her.
                    But I think the letter is gonna say how much he cares for her, and that he suport her on whatever she does but they can't be together.

The Chair was pretty good too. But I found it werid who close and loving they where the last episode and now it was like they where on square one again. But loved the comment about the back seat too.

I don't like Aron. I hope he's gone too, but I can sadly see him and Serena getting into a relationship.

And Dan also get me bored. I always liked him, but this time he was just to moraly. What's the big deal with jenny and nate? It's only two years. That's nothing. He overreacted big time.

I also really liked Lily this ep. She made me laugh several time. First the comment about her not invited Rufus and then her at the fashionshow.

Comment

Working...
                    X