2.08 Pret-a-Poor-J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.08 Pret-a-Poor-J

First off, does anyone know what the title of this epp is a play of?

Secondly, is anyone else totally in love with the song played at the end at the moment?

And third, this episode was amazing! I'm really loving this season so far......the worst part of this epp was Jenny's god-awful makeup and hairdo....

My running commentary and rating:

Spoiler:
    OMG THAT WAS SO HOT! *drools* Can some more Chair limo sex like that actually happen, pretty please?! And can I just say how thrilled I am that she's having such fantasies?! (And rofl, I guess she's a fan of limo!sex in general?.)

"Remember Miss Blair: God is always watching"-Rofl! Love you Dorota?

Ew, can I just saw how gross and weird Jenny's new hairstyle looks?! Why oh why?

Heh, love the Nate thing, though I'd enjoy it more if I wasn't spoiled about the N/J kiss from having sought out the trailer on YT before watching?.grrr!

"I hate you"-rofl! Aw, I thought this was another dream at first?

"You need help getting Chuck to sleep with you, really?" ROFL! So true, it is rather unusual?.and wow, I can't believe Blair is actually openly talking about wanting to sleep with Chuck again! I guess she has no shame about it anymore, it's that bad?

Hey, that's cheating Eleanor! And being a bitch to someone whose design you'll be stealing is even lower?

"Smells a little bit like desperation"-hee, damn straight! Oh Chuck?

"Oh, please don't." Hee! Man I love this "Dan helping Blair with Chuck thing by giving him a guy's perspective," hilarious and cute!

"I'd have sent her to my place, but I thought it might be awkward with Nate on the couch." ROFL, it sure would be!

Ew, can I just saw how gross Jenny looks in that eyeliner combined with that hair?! >

Awww, that was so hot! Stupid text message ruining it?.

Hm, that model has a point, you could be hurting your own career by giving Waldorf your designs?.though on the other hand you probably couldn't survive on your own yet.

Heh, more Blair/Dan time!

AWWW SHE LOVES CHUCK! SHE LOVES CHUCK!! YESSSSSS! *dances and squees*

Cecil the catepiller? The hell?!

Oh damn you Dan for ruining things! *shakes angry Chair fist*

Does Agnes remind anyone else of Faith a little bit?

Aw man, this scene is breaking my heart?. Blair does have a point though?

Uh-oh Jenny?.

Oh yay, Dan is trying to do the right thing and fix his mess! I hope Chuck listens, though he's going to hate Dan even more now?.(and can I just say how much I love this transition, with Chuck's face and the music?)

Noo, don't do it Jenny!!! How stupid can you get?.

Um, why did that guy go off with someone else after hitting on Serena and asking her to dinner? Random?.

Nate you might want to steal that guy's film too?.

Yay, Chuck came back!

That's not true, you would totally last, you're "inevitable" as you said!

Awww, that kiss, this song?.gah! Come back Chuck!

Oh man, Nate and Jenny kissing! Very nicely done, though kind of copied off the EPIC first kiss of LoVe methinks?That kiss would have been so much more exciting if stupid YouTube hadn't already SPOILED it for me, but it still is pretty cool?I've long thought they had good chemistry, and this should be interesting?.I mean, he's living in the same house of a girl he's kissing? I don't think Dan or Rufus will like this?.

Another great epp of Gossip Girl! This show is really great this season, I'm so pleased!

And I HAVE to have this song. NOW!

4/5

As a Chuck/Blair shipper I'm very happy right now....THEY HAVE NOW ADMITTED THEIR LOVE TO EACH OTHER!!! That was such a big hurdle, and it's been crossed!
    Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Haha! Lurve your commentary^^ And I agree with you on so many points! I mean, Dan was bearable this episode due to the Dan/Blair moments (it's the Chuck effect - anything that has to do with Chuck in anyway is suddenly then times better).

Originally posted by sherrilina View Post
    Heh, love the Nate thing, though I'd enjoy it more if I wasn't spoiled about the N/J kiss from having sought out the trailer on YT before watching?.grrr!
    Though I think they could've done something a bit funnier. I mean, from personal experience, there are a *lot* more awkward things that can happen than that...

"I hate you"-rofl! Aw, I thought this was another dream at first?
    I love it when ever the other mentions "three words" and get something else back - though my favourite so far is "are you kidding?"

"You need help getting Chuck to sleep with you, really?" ROFL! So true, it is rather unusual?.and wow, I can't believe Blair is actually openly talking about wanting to sleep with Chuck again! I guess she has no shame about it anymore, it's that bad?
    I know!!!! So funny!!! I seriously loved Dan that minute. Even more though when he dropped the "Someone loves Chuck Bass" comment Though, I must say I loved his advice since it set up for sooo many brillinat Chair scenes *squee*

"Smells a little bit like desperation"-hee, damn straight! Oh Chuck?
    Chuck always has the best lines, and he delivers them the best as well (can you tell I'm completely sold for Chuck?). Definitely one of the more outstanding one-liners in this episode!

Aw man, this scene is breaking my heart?. Blair does have a point though?
    I'm guessing it's the roof scene? I was just angry at Dan... Though I somehow knew she wouldn't say them. It's still early in the season, if they'd blown one of the few good suspense factors this early on the people at CW would have to be crazy, schtupid or suicidal - possibly all of the above. So really, this scene was a good move imo.

Uh-oh Jenny?.
    Jenny bugs me. Everything about Jenny bugs me. So really, for me it's all just a matter of how much more or less she annoys (usually how much time/episode she takes...). So, the only reason why I don't want her to do anything stupid (other than the reason that it would be stupid) is because then it'd be a thing. And thing takes time.

Um, why did that guy go off with someone else after hitting on Serena and asking her to dinner? Random?.
    Well, yeah. In a way. On the other hand, he'd gotten blown off by Serena so it's only natural (well, normal anyway) to go "hunting" for someone else... I mean, he's a single guy!

Nate you might want to steal that guy's film too?.
    True, so ture

Yay, Chuck came back!

That's not true, you would totally last, you're "inevitable" as you said!

Awww, that kiss, this song?.gah! Come back Chuck!
    I almost cried... Seriously, that scene was well played! Just the one tear, the hand-holding that gradually slipped as he left, his facial expression. It was just so perfect! Though, as I mentioned before, the Chuck/Blair thing is one of the biggest suspense factors in this season (last season too for that matter) and it'd be stupid to blow it now. We can always hope for later on in the season. He did say that he hope some time in the future...

Oh man, Nate and Jenny kissing! Very nicely done, though kind of copied off the EPIC first kiss of LoVe methinks?That kiss would have been so much more exciting if stupid YouTube hadn't already SPOILED it for me, but it still is pretty cool?I've long thought they had good chemistry, and this should be interesting?.I mean, he's living in the same house of a girl he's kissing? I don't think Dan or Rufus will like this?.
    I didn't even think of the Dan/Rufus/living together thing! haha!! Wouldn't it be so funny if Rufus caught Nate trying to sneak into Jenny's room at night? Hehehe....

I lurved this episode. Not quite as much as the last (this was too much Blair centred after all, considerably little Chuck...). Still, awesome!

Comment

First off, does anyone know what the title of this epp is a play of?
      I assumed it is was a play on Robert Altman's film Pret-A-Porter which is a French fashion saying meaning "ready to wear."

Secondly, is anyone else totally in love with the song played at the end at the moment?
      um, yes! As soon as I heard it I had to look up what it was and then checked to make sure I didn't already have because I do have some Turin Brakes. And when I didn't I immediately sought it out!

Oh damn you Dan for ruining things! *shakes angry Chair fist*
      Dan still sucks. I've never liked him.

Oh man, Nate and Jenny kissing! Very nicely done, though kind of copied off the EPIC first kiss of LoVe methinks?
      Yeah, I guess it was copied a little bit. But I still liked it. So much in fact that I am already fanarting it. I've been a bit of N/J shipper from the start. I actually really liked that Nate sort of sighed after she kissed him and it seemed as if he were doing it because that's not what he wanted to happen. But then you realize the sigh was because it was what he did want. I was spoiled too, through promo pics. But it was my fave kiss scene in the series so far. It even beats the Chuck/Blair stuff, for me. :/ I love the C/B dynamic but there's a sourness to their sweetness.
      sigpic
      follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
        Yeah, I guess it was copied a little bit. But I still liked it. So much in fact that I am already fanarting it. I've been a bit of N/J shipper from the start. I actually really liked that Nate sort of sighed after she kissed him and it seemed as if he were doing it because that's not what he wanted to happen. But then you realize the sigh was because it was what he did want. I was spoiled too, through promo pics. But it was my fave kiss scene in the series so far. It even beats the Chuck/Blair stuff, for me. :/ I love the C/B dynamic but there's a sourness to their sweetness.
        Eek no! Personally, the N/J kiss way way too un-real. I do liked the sigh (my first thought to that was that it was something that he'd been waiting for a long time and therefore he sighed as in "finally" - guess I was right^^), because it felt real and natural in some way. But the grabbing and the twirling and the typical romantic-American-movie-esque finish - too cliché! I do realise that I'm watching Gossip Girl, but still...

I loved the C/B kiss! So bitter-sweet and, as Jenni Lou said, it had a sourness to it. I like that more because it felt more real. At the same time if felt like a good-bye kiss and an "I've been waiting for this so long"-kiss. That's some good acting.

Comment

I love this episode so much. Absolutely my favourite in season two. And it might be my favourite of both seasons.

I loved Dorotas coment in the beginning about god to.
          The Chuck/Blair story was good. But I didn't really like the roofscene, but I guess it was nessesary. The endscene was heartbreaking.

Dan was funny trying to help Blair (someone loves Chuck bass?).

And I completely loved all the Nate/jenny scenes. From the beginning to the kiss. I screamed at the tv (well computer) when they started to kiss. I've been shipping them since the beginning so I really hope this is going to last and be serious. And I can't wait to see what the others think about it. Blair, Serena, and well Dan since it's his best friend and sister.
          But I read a spoiler in what's gonna happen in 2.10 and that didn't look especially good for jennys part. :/

Comment

I've read some comments at other places and most people are VERY anti-N/J. Most of them say they are sickened by the age difference. But I don't think it'd s valid argument because while their ages are a bit far in RL, the character are 15 and 17. And it is perfectly legal and normal for people of those ages to date and whatnot. SO whatever. In the end, they are actors and the fact that she is underage and kissing an early/mid twenty-something shouldn't be so appalling. These things have been going in film and tv for ages. :/
            sigpic
            follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

I found that weird to. I don't really think on it. I thought it was weirder when Kiera and Johnny kisses in POTC 2.
              But I think the anti Nate/Jenny (natny, nanny, nenny, Jate?) is because many people hates Jenny. Because it's very much of that going around.

Comment

I can agree with that. There is A LOT of Jenny hate. She appears to be the least popular character. Which is weird since she is the one who gets the most rumors about getting her own spinoff eventually. I don't mind her so much. She can annoy me, but so can pretty much everyone so I am not so bothered by it. But yes, the extreme anti-Jenny sentiment is certainly a contributing factor to the loathing of the ship.
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah I think she is the least popular, close before Vanessa who get's alot of hate now in season 2.
                  Well Jenny had her own spin off book serie hadn't she? I think I read about it being called It girl.

Comment

Well, I can understand Jenny haters (because, hello!) and I can also understand the spin-off rumours. The first one is because she's the most annoying character, in my opinion the most childish and immature. the second one because it would be the easiest - especially now that she's not going to school any more (home-schooling doesn't really count here). So while the others are off to college (the Yale episode was so obviously a set up so that all the characters will want to go there!) she gets how own spin-off....

Comment

Originally posted by Signe View Post
                      Well, I can understand Jenny haters (because, hello!) and I can also understand the spin-off rumours. The first one is because she's the most annoying character, in my opinion the most childish and immature. the second one because it would be the easiest - especially now that she's not going to school any more (home-schooling doesn't really count here). So while the others are off to college (the Yale episode was so obviously a set up so that all the characters will want to go there!) she gets how own spin-off....
                      Um, did you ever think she's the most childish and immature because she's fifteen?

Honestly, I don't see Jenny getting a spin-off yet. I'd honestly perter they have Jenny go back to Constance in Season 3, but having her repeat her sophomore year. It'd give them the chance to introduce Avery, Owen, Baby, and the other kids from "Gossip Girl: The Carlyles." She could take them under her wing. They should save "The It Girl" for post-Constance Jenny. They could have her go to Waverly University (instead of Waverly Academy). By then, "Gossip Girl" will be going into it's 6th Season. They could use that time to make Jenny a little bit more likable.

Comment

I assumed it is was a play on Robert Altman's film Pret-A-Porter which is a French fashion saying meaning "ready to wear."
                        Thanks, I've never heard of that before, and it looked weird, so I was wondering....

It was sweet and nice, and I was quite excited when I got spoiled accidentally that they were going to kiss, but now as I re-watch some of season 1 and think about it a little more, I think it is a little random on Nate's part at least. I mean, he was just after Vanessa in the beginning of this season (I'd love to see her reaction! She and Jenny are friends), and we never saw much sign of that ending...I guess he's a man who can hold interest in one girl right after another....

I've read some comments at other places and most people are VERY anti-N/J. Most of them say they are sickened by the age difference. But I don't think it'd s valid argument because while their ages are a bit far in RL, the character are 15 and 17. And it is perfectly legal and normal for people of those ages to date and whatnot. SO whatever. In the end, they are actors and the fact that she is underage and kissing an early/mid twenty-something shouldn't be so appalling. These things have been going in film and tv for ages. :/
                        Yeah I saw a lot of those kinds of comments on YouTube as well--but as you say, there are only 2 years between them on the show....

Originally posted by prayer
                        I found that weird to. I don't really think on it. I thought it was weirder when Kiera and Johnny kisses in POTC 2.
                        Naw, that was just totally hot and pure epic win--especially after the teasing scene earlier on in which they seemed about to kiss, it was amazing for them to actually kiss! My favorite scene by far of the entire trilogy! *sigh*

Originally posted by Thomas View Post
                        Um, did you ever think she's the most childish and immature because she's fifteen?
                        Doesn't seem to sway the Dawn haters!

Honestly, I don't see Jenny getting a spin-off yet. I'd honestly perter they have Jenny go back to Constance in Season 3, but having her repeat her sophomore year. It'd give them the chance to introduce Avery, Owen, Baby, and the other kids from "Gossip Girl: The Carlyles." She could take them under her wing. They should save "The It Girl" for post-Constance Jenny. They could have her go to Waverly University (instead of Waverly Academy). By then, "Gossip Girl" will be going into it's 6th Season. They could use that time to make Jenny a little bit more likable.
                        Ew, I can't imagine a spin-off of Jenny at all (except for CW being so unoriginal and desperate of course.... I mean, I like her (except last season when she was trying to be Queen and acting shallow and stupid), but not enough to be interested in an entire show about just her--especially when what I like best about her is how she interacts with the other GG characters like Dan or Rufus, etc--I'd be sad to see her go from the show, and wouldn't like to see her on a show without Dan, Rufus, etc.
                        Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

It was sweet and nice, and I was quite excited when I got spoiled accidentally that they were going to kiss, but now as I re-watch some of season 1 and think about it a little more, I think it is a little random on Nate's part at least. I mean, he was just after Vanessa in the beginning of this season (I'd love to see her reaction! She and Jenny are friends), and we never saw much sign of that ending...I guess he's a man who can hold interest in one girl right after another....
                          I will say that the setup to the kiss was extremely rushed. There was nothing before this episode that even hinted at a flirtation. It was just like out of nowhere--BAM!!--they like each other.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X