Unfinished Buisness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfinished Buisness?

So Smallville has seen alot of its main cast die off/leave/go away and I was just wondering who would you like too see return for one last shot to close their character's story line? Either in like a ghost type format, alternet reality, flashback?

KARA~!! Gets my vote. She got so poorly treated in season seven that I feel she needs more! They could have done more with her character and like made her recurring, she could be staying in Smallville and just working on the farm and have a minor role - but just jacking her into space? What a rip and total insult to the fans...

Personally I would also love too see Jason Teague. I really liked his character and I know he won't be coming back (since Supernatural is kind of popular at the moment). I never liked his death/depature and I always felt like it was kind of open for speculation - like if Supernatural didn't make it past season 1 they would bring him back.

As for others, I want Martha back cause she rocked and I don't think Smallville could end without her. I also would have loved some Kara/Martha time.

And Pete did get a return episode... but that really wasn't Pete it was someone who looked like Pete cause the Pete I know didn't suck...
    Whitney Fordman
    0.00%
    Pete Ross
    0.00%
    Jason Teague
    0.00%
    Jonathan Kent
    0.00%
    Martha Kent
    15.38%
    Lionel Luthor
    23.08%
    Kara
    23.08%
    Lana Lang
    0.00%
    Lex Luthor
    38.46%
    Last edited by DigitalLeonardo; 22-10-08, 01:33 PM.

Oh, I'm late and just saw this thread. I voted for Kara, since at the time of the thread, she most needed some type of wrap up. She left and we had no explanation of where she was!

Now that we've had an episode with Kara, are you fairly satisfied or is she still the person you most would like to see return?

I think I'm most interested in Lex returning for an episode or two. Where is he? How did he escape the Artic avalanche? What's he up to?

I don't think Lana has much reason to return. However if she does, I hope that it is NOT so she can moon over Clark and remind them how she will always love him but they can't be together. Clark has made so much progress as an individual and as a savior to other people now that he is not so preoccupied with Lana.

I liked the clean break that Lana had with Clark. Her return could seriously make Clark backslide when right now he needs to focus on his own self and own desires. Without knowing those, how can he truly know if Lana is the person he loves the most ever in the whole wide universe?

LMAO! Yeah, the Pete I knew wasn't so belligerent and envious and bitter. I wouldn't mind an episode where Pete returns and is successful in his life so that we can realize that leaving SV was the smart decision for him.

Bringing back old boyfriends of Lana like Whitney or Jason seems fairly superfluous to me, especially without Lana on the show.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
      I don't think Lana has much reason to return. However if she does, I hope that it is NOT so she can moon over Clark and remind them how she will always love him but they can't be together. Clark has made so much progress as an individual and as a savior to other people now that he is not so preoccupied with Lana.

I liked the clean break that Lana had with Clark. Her return could seriously make Clark backslide when right now he needs to focus on his own self and own desires. Without knowing those, how can he truly know if Lana is the person he loves the most ever in the whole wide universe?
      I totally agree! However... (some [trailer] spoilers for future eps)
      Spoiler:
      Lana is signed up for at least a few episodes this season and she's making her first re-appearance next week (Bride). Though in the trailer it didn't look as if she's coming back to cuddle

The person I voted for was Martha, mostly because she's the one (next to Lionel) I like the most I would love to see Lionel, but seeing as he's dead and buried it would be just a bit too strange, even by Smallville standards!

Comment

quite honestly, I think all of the characters, save Lex, have been wrapped up nicely....so obviously I'm voting for Lex to come back, because I'd love to see it!

My first knee-jerk reaction was Lana....but thinking about it, I think her character doesn't really *need* to come back, but I can say that knowing
        Spoiler:
        that it is
        ... But I agree, I think Clark has moved on rather well, and I don't want to see him go back...though I would love to see a little Lois/Lana pissiness.....
        Last edited by LRae12; 16-11-08, 09:45 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Personally, I think Lana has to comeback for Clark to fully move on. Right now, I think it's pretty "out of sight, out of mind" for Clark. He's not really moved on, because he hasn't bothered to try to start a relationship with anyone (namely Lois), but he's not moping over Lana either. I think if he sees her, he'll be able to go, "Wow, those feelings aren't really there anymore."

I'd also like to see Lionel again. I think they could easily use him for flashbacks involving Tess, furthering her storyline by showing her history with the Luthors.

And Martha too. There's no reason she can't pop up for an episode or two. It's not like she's dead...

Oh, and Perry White, who's not on the list, but before Lois and Jimmy, we met Perry. The Daily Planet has been pretty front and center for the past four seasons. Towards the end of the season it'd be nice for him to pop-up as the new editor-in-chief.

Comment

Of course the moment Lyn posts this thread starts pumping I guess I learned my lesson...

Now that we've had an episode with Kara, are you fairly satisfied or is she still the person you most would like to see return?
            I feel like there was no vaild reason for her to leave. She could have easily stayed on Smallville as the actually did something with her character. She was so poorly treated, first she lost her memory, then she was Braniac and then she was gone... We never got ALOT of actualy story development for her. I would have loved too see her interact with people that were not Lana or Jimmy.
            Hopefully she has a return by the end of the season (or season 9!!!!) cause she really needs it. Or a spin-off

I think I'm most interested in Lex returning for an episode or two. Where is he? How did he escape the Artic avalanche? What's he up to?
            True, Lex's return would be very interesting, but I do like that he isn't around right now. The show feels like the flow is alot smoother, with Lex it felt like sometimes he was forced into the story just to use him.

Originally posted by Signe View Post
            I totally agree! However... (some [trailer] spoilers for future eps)
            Spoiler:
            Lana is signed up for at least a few episodes this season and she's making her first re-appearance next week (Bride). Though in the trailer it didn't look as if she's coming back to cuddle

The person I voted for was Martha, mostly because she's the one (next to Lionel) I like the most I would love to see Lionel, but seeing as he's dead and buried it would be just a bit too strange, even by Smallville standards!
            Even though I never liked Lana I am a bit intreged to see her return. Though not now, its too soon.

Spoiler:
            Lana will be back for FIVE episodes... 8.10-8.14 which is kind of alot if you ask me. And I don't think we need her for five episodes. I totally understand her coming to Chloe's wedding, I mean they are really good friends - they lived with each other for awhile! So that makes sense, but why on earth is she sticking around for? This better make sense and not feel forced or I will just give up on her for sure... I think Kara would be more interesting!

LMAO! Yeah, the Pete I knew wasn't so belligerent and envious and bitter. I wouldn't mind an episode where Pete returns and is successful in his life so that we can realize that leaving SV was the smart decision for him.
            Yeah it did feel like Pete just failed... And it wasn't fair to the character and its like... okay, sterotype... All the white characters seem to be doing well. And I'm sure that isn't the case, but it does kind of seem that way doesnt it? It would be great to just see him return and be like "Yeah, that whole Stryde Gum thing made me realize I was throwing away my life... and now I am back in school and going to do something with my life and not like in your scary shadow Clark!"

Bringing back old boyfriends of Lana like Whitney or Jason seems fairly superfluous to me, especially without Lana on the show.
            But Jensen

Originally posted by Thomas View Post
            I'd also like to see Lionel again. I think they could easily use him for flashbacks involving Tess, furthering her storyline by showing her history with the Luthors.
            I totally agree here. They really need some sort of flashback to tie in Tess with the Luthor family. I kind of wish they would have introduced her in season 7 to kind of set her up a bit more with Luthor Corp cause she does feel like she was written to replace Lex (which she was), but some Tess/Lex stuff probably would have been really interesting. Both characters are very well written and I bet would have had great onscreen chemstry like Tess and Oliver do.

And Martha too. There's no reason she can't pop up for an episode or two. It's not like she's dead...
            I would love to see her at Chloe's wedding! I totally think Martha would make the time to come to Chloe's wedding! And she so would have visted Lana in the hospital after Braniac attacked... It was nice seeing her picture in the last episode when Chloe had the cheat-sheets on everyone. So it does prove she is still important to them.

Oh, and Perry White, who's not on the list, but before Lois and Jimmy, we met Perry. The Daily Planet has been pretty front and center for the past four seasons. Towards the end of the season it'd be nice for him to pop-up as the new editor-in-chief.
            I wasn't inlove with that episode, but yes Perry White should be in this season by the end. It only makes sense! Everyone else is there and it just screams PERRY!!! Hopefully if they get a ninth season Perry White will be more of a feature.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalLeonardo View Post
              Of course the moment Lyn posts this thread starts pumping I guess I learned my lesson...
              It's only because my epic post in this week's episode thread was so doomy that no one wants to post in there. People had to come to this thread to spread SV love!

I feel like there was no vaild reason for her to leave. She could have easily stayed on Smallville as the actually did something with her character. She was so poorly treated, first she lost her memory, then she was Braniac and then she was gone... We never got ALOT of actualy story development for her. I would have loved too see her interact with people that were not Lana or Jimmy.
              Hopefully she has a return by the end of the season (or season 9!!!!) cause she really needs it. Or a spin-off
              I agree, she has a lot of story left and would like to see her return. But right now I feel the story is already tight and throwing Kara in now would just overload the show with people to keep up. A season 9 with Kara's return is something I definitely could support.

Even though I never liked Lana I am a bit intreged to see her return. Though not now, its too soon.

Spoiler:
              Lana will be back for FIVE episodes... 8.10-8.14 which is kind of alot if you ask me. And I don't think we need her for five episodes. I totally understand her coming to Chloe's wedding, I mean they are really good friends - they lived with each other for awhile! So that makes sense, but why on earth is she sticking around for? This better make sense and not feel forced or I will just give up on her for sure... I think Kara would be more interesting!

Spoiler:
              FIVE episodes? That seems a little many for me. Like you, I can see her coming in for the wedding and maybe another couple episodes. But who really wants a house guest that stays for FIVE weeks. And where is she going to stay? With the newlyweds? Lois's new apt? Most likely with Clark. And moving in with Clark just is not what he needs, imo.

Yeah it did feel like Pete just failed... And it wasn't fair to the character and its like... okay, sterotype... All the white characters seem to be doing well. And I'm sure that isn't the case, but it does kind of seem that way doesnt it? It would be great to just see him return and be like "Yeah, that whole Stryde Gum thing made me realize I was throwing away my life... and now I am back in school and going to do something with my life and not like in your scary shadow Clark!"
              That's mostly how I felt. I think if a character returns after making such a difficult decision to leave that they should return for the better rather than be worse off. It's not like Pete ran away from his problems. He left because he could see his path needed to go another direction or he was a liability to Clark.

I totally agree here. They really need some sort of flashback to tie in Tess with the Luthor family. I kind of wish they would have introduced her in season 7 to kind of set her up a bit more with Luthor Corp cause she does feel like she was written to replace Lex (which she was), but some Tess/Lex stuff probably would have been really interesting. Both characters are very well written and I bet would have had great onscreen chemstry like Tess and Oliver do.
              Tess is scary devoted to Lex. I agree it would be great to get flashbacks on why she believes so deeply in him. Almost as if he saved her or gave her a new motive in life.

And oh, heck yes! Perry White must return! The Daily Planet doesn't seem so legit a news source with first Lex and now Tess running the day to day affairs.

Great suggestion Thomas!

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

I agree, she has a lot of story left and would like to see her return. But right now I feel the story is already tight and throwing Kara in now would just overload the show with people to keep up. A season 9 with Kara's return is something I definitely could support.
                I guess... With all the drama of Davis it would be less of a threat with both Clark and Kara on the defense... Awwell I do hope a ninth season will be ordered and that Kara will be used fully and actually appricated by the writing team.

Spoiler:
                FIVE episodes? That seems a little many for me. Like you, I can see her coming in for the wedding and maybe another couple episodes. But who really wants a house guest that stays for FIVE weeks. And where is she going to stay? With the newlyweds? Lois's new apt? Most likely with Clark. And moving in with Clark just is not what he needs, imo.
                Spoiler:
                Well I'm sure I'd be a great 5week house guest buuutt back to Lana. Well she won't be staying with Lois cause I never saw any real like between the two characters. Did they ever have a scene together? It is going to be a pain with Lana hanging around and Clark all "I want me some Lois... but LANA!"
                I really just want her to be in one episode...

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalLeonardo View Post
                  I guess... With all the drama of Davis it would be less of a threat with both Clark and Kara on the defense... Awwell I do hope a ninth season will be ordered and that Kara will be used fully and actually appricated by the writing team.
                  Well, neither of them could put 2 and 2 together and realize that Davis is more than just a paramedic. So......we wait for S9.

Spoiler:
                  Well I'm sure I'd be a great 5week house guest buuutt back to Lana. Well she won't be staying with Lois cause I never saw any real like between the two characters. Did they ever have a scene together? It is going to be a pain with Lana hanging around and Clark all "I want me some Lois... but LANA!"
                  I really just want her to be in one episode...
                  Regarding Houseguests
                  Spoiler:
                  No, I don't remember Lois and Lana being close friends. However, with Lois seemingly more drawn to Clark, she might be wary of Clark having his ex-OMGLOVEOFHISLIVE move in with him. So she might offer for Lana to stay with her to prevent that.

Also this would be a great way for Lois and Lana to get to share insights on Clark and make Clark very nervous wondering what they are talking about.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Well, neither of them could put 2 and 2 together and realize that Davis is more than just a paramedic. So......we wait for S9.

Regarding Houseguests
                    Spoiler:
                    No, I don't remember Lois and Lana being close friends. However, with Lois seemingly more drawn to Clark, she might be wary of Clark having his ex-OMGLOVEOFHISLIVE move in with him. So she might offer for Lana to stay with her to prevent that.

Also this would be a great way for Lois and Lana to get to share insights on Clark and make Clark very nervous wondering what they are talking about.
                    Oh I was thinking the same thing!

Spoiler:
                    Lois may just step in and invite Lana to stay with her so she doesn't get all yummyyummy with Clark, but I dunno if Lana would accept. Maybe she will stay at a hotel? Who knows... I still think 5 episodes is a bit much, especlly with the current storyline with Davis going on.

Though the one thing I would LOVE is a flashback of maybe Lana and Tess knowing each other. Over even a confrontation. Something like that.

Comment

So......we wait for S9.

]
                      So, are we *getting* a season 9, or is this all just wishful thinking? I thought that this season was the absolute end, that there was no chance of S9? Don't say things like this and get my hopeful heart up!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LRae12 View Post
                        So, are we *getting* a season 9, or is this all just wishful thinking? I thought that this season was the absolute end, that there was no chance of S9? Don't say things like this and get my hopeful heart up!
                        No, I'm completely wishful. I actually haven't heard anything around whether or not this is the final season.

Season 7 was supposed to be the last. So it feels like all bets were off when S8 came around without Lex, Lana, and the creative team of Millar & Gough. I don't know when Clark's contract comes for renewal.

Anyway I think the ratings have been extremely strong so I hold hope.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

No, I'm completely wishful. I actually haven't heard anything around whether or not this is the final season.

Season 7 was supposed to be the last. So it feels like all bets were off when S8 came around without Lex, Lana, and the creative team of Millar & Gough. I don't know when Clark's contract comes for renewal.

Anyway I think the ratings have been extremely strong so I hold hope.
                          Yes!! Hope, hope, hope!!! Seriously - the only other show I'd want re-newed more/as much is like Supernatural - because with this final season SV has moved from a like 5th place in my "top TV-shows through time" to a very strong 3rd

Regarding Houseguests
                          Spoiler:

Just:
                          Spoiler:
                          HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Because I am an unnecessary person

Comment

To clarify something: season 8 was going to be Millar's and Gough's final season if they had stayed in control of the show. Now, with the new quartet of executive producers, they plan on a ninth season - so long as the CW renews them (which they will...it's the best rated show on the network) and if Tom Welling renews his contract (actually, I think everyone's contracts expire at the end of this season). So, season 9 is possible but we won't know for sure until the Spring.

And I voted for Martha. Because I miss her. Out of the Kents, she was my favorite and her send-off didn't feel very genuine. Plus, it seems like a good time to bring back Clark's mother to really give him that final push towards heroism. Let her give him one final speech and whatnot.

And, contrary to everyone else, I WANT Lana back. I loved her departure in 7.20 "Arctic" and how emotional it was but...I dunno. I kinda miss her sometimes. Because I loved Kristin Kreuk despite my occasional frustrations with the Lana-love.

*Spoilers for upcoming episodes*

Spoiler:
                            I also believe that the four new execs know exactly how and why they're bringing Lana back - especially since THEY weren't the ones who never wanted to let Lana go (that was Millar and Gough).

So yeah.

And I think Kara got a nifty ending though I'd love for her to return for the occasional one-off episode. And Lex's return is inevitable at this point in one way or another.
                            wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

Originally posted by Heather View Post
                              To clarify something: season 8 was going to be Millar's and Gough's final season if they had stayed in control of the show. Now, with the new quartet of executive producers, they plan on a ninth season - so long as the CW renews them (which they will...it's the best rated show on the network) and if Tom Welling renews his contract (actually, I think everyone's contracts expire at the end of this season). So, season 9 is possible but we won't know for sure until the Spring.

And, contrary to everyone else, I WANT Lana back. I loved her departure in 7.20 "Arctic" and how emotional it was but...I dunno. I kinda miss her sometimes. Because I loved Kristin Kreuk despite my occasional frustrations with the Lana-love.

*Spoilers for upcoming episodes*

Spoiler:
                              I also believe that the four new execs know exactly how and why they're bringing Lana back - especially since THEY weren't the ones who never wanted to let Lana go (that was Millar and Gough).
                              I knew I could make random speculative posts about behind the scenes stuff and lure you out with the real info! I'm so manipulative!

But I love what you are saying about the new producers having plans for a S9. I really feel like the show has gotten a new life now that the show has moved from high school and transitioned out of those awkward years of, "are they in college or not." Sorry to sound cheesy, but it feels more epic and the stakes feel more real than it has for years.

I don't completely hate Lana. But she so very rarely has a storyline centered on her. She usually plays a role in someone else's story. Clark loves her. Lex loves her. She resents what Lex took from her and plays petty games. Her roles are often as an object or perhaps a plaything of someone else.

I liked Lana a LOT when S4 was centered around her. SHE affected people. Not other people affecting her. There are other times throughout the years but that's probably the most concentrated section of episodes where she existed as her own person and own agenda to further her own personal growth.

Also I'm sure I'm resentful of Clark's puppy love of Lana which doesn't improve my opinion of her. I love Chloe and I love Lois. (Don't make me pick!) So I can't help but root for one of them with Clark more than Lana. So having Lana gone, ups the amount of Clark/Chloe or Clark/Lois scenes I get. I'm biased and selfish, what else do you want from me!

Your spoiler:
                              Spoiler:

So you are saying that Millar and Gough are the ones that wouldn't let her character evolve? If so that gives me hope about the next episodes.

Originally posted by Signe
                              Yes!! Hope, hope, hope!!! Seriously - the only other show I'd want re-newed more/as much is like Supernatural - because with this final season SV has moved from a like 5th place in my "top TV-shows through time" to a very strong 3rd
                              Yes SN needs a pickup as well, it's still too young a show.

But even with SV's age, I don't think it should be axed for that reason. SV may not be the same show it originated as, but I still think the episodes this season are quality. I don't think a show should be begrudged since it has changed in order to tell new stories and have new personal interactions. It's better that their be a slow change in cast rather than a waterdown spinoff created.

I do however really hope that Lex in particular returns to shake things up in SV and wouldn't mind other familiar cast to return in order to provide continuity.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Originally posted by Heather View Post
                                Well, this is FANtabulous news! I'm so happy and hopeful, and will be totally crushed now if there's NOT a season 9!

Spoiler:

So yeah.
                                oooh, then cool. I've always been a fan of Lana, but I was a huge Clana shipper, so go figure. But now that she *is* gone, I've switched to the Clois ship, and I'm not so sure about mixing that up with Lana, though I still do love her and miss her. HOWEVER, I hope
                                Spoiler:
                                that these new execs don't change her character too much so that she becomes unrecognizable to the fans, because I frankly think the way they wrapped up her character last season was sufficient, and I don't want it marred in anyway, if that makes sense

And I think Kara got a nifty ending
                                Agreed. I liked the way that wrapped that up too, and I don't want it messed up either.

As you can tell, I've been all into the tidy wrap-ups since assuming this was all of Smallville we were going to get. But I'd be more than happy to see this show transition into the next-gen Lois & Clark....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X