Episode 8.05 - "Committed"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode 8.05 - "Committed"

"After Chloe and Jimmy's engagement party at the Talon, they are both abducted by a mysterious man who kidnaps various couples and forces them to prove their love though a series of tests. Clark and Lois, investigating the abductions, decide to go undercover themselves as a couple to catch the thug, only to both end up as captives themselves when Clark is rendered powerless with Kryptonite. Meanwhile, Oliver seeks to rekindle his lost romance with Tess, only to discover that she no longer has any romantic feelings for him, or any moral feelings at all."

Well this thread is way late... Shame on us... This episode was cool very Saw (as Line pointed out as we watched it, yeah thats right we watched it together! The ocean can't keep our SMALLVILLE LOVE APART!) and I felt it was very strong for the characters, but fell flat for the action/storyline of the episode. All I can say is that if Lois doesn't believe Clark has powers now then she is way to stupid... and I also don't believe that guy had a kryptonite watch - just way to convienent.

Chloe/Jimmy
    And I am still not on this bandwagon. I find Jimmy interesting as his own character, but paired up with Chloe he is just sucking the life out of her and the writers are kind of turning his character into a joke. When he first poped up his was cute and goofy (the essence of Jimmy), but now they are trying to make him ALOT more mature then any Jimmy really h as been and it isn't helping the character - and it doesn't help that Aaron Ashmore can't do serious scenes, it always looks like he is about to laugh.

The two of them getting captured was freaky, for a moment I thought Chloe was like shot-dead! I personally believe Chloe's powers altered the lie detecter when she was asked the quesiton. I truely donot believe Chloe is over Clark. Or that she doesn't have feelings for Davis!

Jimmy coming clean about his parents was weird... And had they set this storyline up earlier on it would be kind of a bigger shock, but the scene I really didn't care for and didn't add anything to the couple and if anything made me dislike Jimmy a bit more. I want these two to split up so Jimmy can just be Jimmy again.

Clark/Lois
    Here is where I think the story was UBER strong. Not only did we get some very entertaining Clark/Lois action, we also got one of the most heartbreaking and emotional scenes in the history of the series (or I think). The two of them being engaged is just so great and allowed Erica Durance to just shine and Clark has some great reaction shots. I crack up everytime he calls her muffin.

When Ollie walked in, now there was a great scene. A bit of a stretch... Why was Ollie there? But none the less just some great commidec timing on all their parts and Ollie gave some great reaction shots when Lois holds out the ring and when she tells him "See you at the wedding!" Ohh Ollie, so in the dark

Now the episode heats up when Lois gets capture. Then Clark did (again... I found this to be a HUGE stretch... but oh well, also way to be descreet, like Lois won't question why there is a bit hole in the wall?)

When Lois is asked if she loves Clark, we get this amazing performace from her and you just feel so bad for her, cause she is so torn. Tell Clark the truth? Get Clark zapped? When she says yes, and she utters the words in her tears my heart just dropped. I was so stunned and when Clark braces himself for the shock and nothing happens - just so chilling. Then when Clark was asked the same question and Lois is just waiting, she doesn't know what is going to come and she never gets the answer. I feel so bad cause you can see she was hoping for yes.

I watched the scene a few times cause it was just so strong and I think really set the tone for the two of them for the remainder of the season.

At the end with them in the elevator and Lois saying she slipped the thing off her finger... GOD! What is with these Lane/Sullivan woman totally sabitaging their relationships with Clark? It must run in the blood... STUPID!!! LOIS!!!

Ollie/Tess
    I really like these two together, and Tess is so growing on me and really is a pleasent additon to the series that I wouldn't have mind seeing pop up a few seasons ago.

I feel weird about Ollie this season. He was so torn about saving the world, yet right now he is doing nothing? I guess it is part of his plan to stay low? Which is ashame cause I miss the Justice League already But I guess having Ollie/Tess scenes are a good replacement.

Tess is so bad ass and the line "I had a scratch and you itched it" was perfect and just made my heart jump with glee! I am glad she isn't going to get all gushy over Ollie and will make him work for it!

So all in all, a very SOLID episode!

I agree, Travis, this was a very good and enjoyable episode!

Originally posted by DigitalLeonardo View Post
    When Ollie walked in, now there was a great scene. A bit of a stretch... Why was Ollie there? But none the less just some great commidec timing on all their parts and Ollie gave some great reaction shots when Lois holds out the ring and when she tells him "See you at the wedding!" Ohh Ollie, so in the dark
    Wasn't Ollie shopping for jewellery for Tess? I admit it's a bit of a stretch that he would wind up in the same shop as Lois and Clark but I'm glad he did because that scene was just prizeless! I loved how absolutely stunned Ollie looked.

When Lois is asked if she loves Clark, we get this amazing performace from her and you just feel so bad for her, cause she is so torn. Tell Clark the truth? Get Clark zapped? When she says yes, and she utters the words in her tears my heart just dropped. I was so stunned and when Clark braces himself for the shock and nothing happens - just so chilling. Then when Clark was asked the same question and Lois is just waiting, she doesn't know what is going to come and she never gets the answer. I feel so bad cause you can see she was hoping for yes.
    This was definitely my favourite scene of the episode! As some of you know I'm not a huge fan of Lois because of Erica Durance but I have to admit that she really shined in that scene. I'm also not so fond of Clark/Lois (I'm still rooting for Clark/Chloe) but I have to say they are starting to grow on me and if the writers write more stuff like this, I might come around.

Ollie/Tess
    I really like these two together, and Tess is so growing on me and really is a pleasent additon to the series that I wouldn't have mind seeing pop up a few seasons ago.
    I really enjoy the chemistry between Ollie and Tess, those sex scenes were pretty hot!

Tess is so bad ass and the line "I had a scratch and you itched it" was perfect and just made my heart jump with glee! I am glad she isn't going to get all gushy over Ollie and will make him work for it!
    I couldn't agree more! But isn't the line "I had an itch and you scratched it"?

Comment

Originally posted by Cori View Post
      Wasn't Ollie shopping for jewellery for Tess? I admit it's a bit of a stretch that he would wind up in the same shop as Lois and Clark but I'm glad he did because that scene was just prizeless! I loved how absolutely stunned Ollie looked.
      Oh right he was, wasn't he? But still a stretch... I am really glad Ollie is a main character cause they have gotten some great use out of him. I really do want some more Green Arrow though... Cause that is just uber awsome.

This was definitely my favourite scene of the episode! As some of you know I'm not a huge fan of Lois because of Erica Durance but I have to admit that she really shined in that scene. I'm also not so fond of Clark/Lois (I'm still rooting for Clark/Chloe) but I have to say they are starting to grow on me and if the writers write more stuff like this, I might come around.
      I do admit Erica Durance was a bit take get use to in season 4, but she quickly grew on me, but I totally understand why some people maynot like her. She is ALOT to handle which is why I think her 13-episode contract is good cause it makes a nice even balance, though now that we are getting this tamer Lois, I think more of her this season will be so good.

I couldn't agree more! But isn't the line "I had an itch and you scratched it"?
      to be fair, I wrote this at like 4am cause Line and I noitced there was no thread... so seeing as it was 4am I think you could cut me a little slack
      Last edited by DigitalLeonardo; 24-10-08, 01:57 AM.

Comment

I really loved this episode! It's been a while now since I watched it but I promised Travis I'd comment in this thread, so here I go

All I can say is that if Lois doesn't believe Clark has powers now then she is way to stupid... and I also don't believe that guy had a kryptonite watch - just way to convienent.
        OMG I know!!!! But I guess Lois will always be the kind of person who only sees what she wants to see, when she wants to see it

And I am still not on this bandwagon. I find Jimmy interesting as his own character, but paired up with Chloe he is just sucking the life out of her and the writers are kind of turning his character into a joke. When he first popped up his was cute and goofy (the essence of Jimmy), but now they are trying to make him ALOT more mature then any Jimmy really has been and it isn't helping the character - and it doesn't help that Aaron Ashmore can't do serious scenes, it always looks like he is about to laugh.
        I completely agree on all aspects. I really think the Chloe/Jimmy relationship seems forced and I have thought this from the very beginning. Yes, we know Chloe lost her viginity to Jimmy (which I already thought was lame and I'm sure that it was only made up to throw his name in there way back when, I highly doubt they were planning on bringing him on the show already back in season 3)

The two of them getting captured was freaky, for a moment I thought Chloe was like shot-dead! I personally believe Chloe's powers altered the lie detecter when she was asked the quesiton. I truely donot believe Chloe is over Clark. Or that she doesn't have feelings for Davis!
        I choose to believe that her powers allowed her to control the machine
        I do think that she altered it, she is obviously NOT over Clark, we have seen that on several occasions this season already. I don't think she will ever be over Clark (I hope she won't )

Jimmy coming clean about his parents was weird... And had they set this storyline up earlier on it would be kind of a bigger shock, but the scene I really didn't care for and didn't add anything to the couple and if anything made me dislike Jimmy a bit more. I want these two to split up so Jimmy can just be Jimmy again.
        Yeah, I also thought it was really random. Like... they just had to find something to make Jimmy look more badass than he really is

But it failed miserably. He just can't pull it off. And the fact that Chloe was meant to act hurt that Jimmy lied to her? It just didn't sit right with me... it didn't make a whole lot of sense

Having said that though, HOW can Chloe marry him when he LIES to her?
        Clark/Lois
        Here is where I think the story was UBER strong. Not only did we get some very entertaining Clark/Lois action, we also got one of the most heartbreaking and emotional scenes in the history of the series (or I think). The two of them being engaged is just so great and allowed Erica Durance to just shine and Clark has some great reaction shots. I crack up everytime he calls her muffin.
        LMFAO! I loved their silly nicknames for eachother
        They're both so awkward and adorable They're a perfect match (almost as perfect as Chlark ) and I loved their chemistry in this episode.

LMFAO!! This was so awesomely awkward! I was also wondering what Ollie was doing there but I don't really care because it created much amusement

Aw this was so heartbreaking to watch. Poor Lois. The look on her face when she finally admitted to loving Clark... she was so vulnerable and I thought Erica's performance was amazing!
        And Tom Welling really stepped up his game too. I'm beginning to suspect that after 7 years, he's finally picked up a trick or two (I'm j/k I love him, of course ) In all seriousness I thought these two did an amazing job and they are really great together. I like this new Lois, she still has bits of her old self but with a new matureness to her.

So all in all, a very SOLID episode!
        I couldn't agree more! I thought it was an excellent episode
        >> and we want s p e c t a c u l a r v i e w s if we're to stay for the w e e k e n d <<

Comment

I feel weird about Ollie this season. He was so torn about saving the world, yet right now he is doing nothing?
          I agree. I'm not sure how I feel about Ollie's role this season. The writers want to keep him as a contrast to Clark. So as Clark looks to saving the world as Ollie has encouraged, we see Ollie looking to save one person, to save a friend, just as Clark has done for so many years. (Which does make me squee to see Ollie trying so hard for just one person rather than the big picture.)

It's nice the show has wanted to give Ollie a dynamic character path. It could have left him as big damn hero with us only speculating on how much he really cares inside. Unfortunately, this path feels so subtle that it hints of a weaker Ollie rather than a multidimensional Ollie.

I guess an opinion from someone who didn't already think Ollie = Perfection, might more fairly assess Ollie's role this year.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

OMG! The Lois and Clark was fabulous. Lois was butchered so hard in this episode from beginning to end and I just wanted to hug her and tell her everything would be all right. Poor thing. But, Erica Durance's acting was fantastic and her pain and humiliation as she had to admit her love in FRONT of Clark.

Wow, so difficult and revealing for her. I felt it when she cried.

And the Chlo/Lo! I love it when Chloe actually recognizes how much Lois loves her and actually treats her well! We got some of the two of them FINALLY in this episode! GOOD!

Ollie/Tess! HOT HOT HOT! I thought I was a total Dinah/Ollie shipper and I am, but I gotta say, I'm like Ollie with Tess. WOW!

Comment

Originally posted by Paradise View Post

Ollie/Tess! HOT HOT HOT! I thought I was a total Dinah/Ollie shipper and I am, but I gotta say, I'm like Ollie with Tess. WOW!
              Oh I totally agree. When Dinah was first introduced I was like "Ollie/Dinah forever" and I was hoping that season 8 would mean more Ollie/Dinah, but now with Tess around I am just AMAZED, no BLOWN AWAY, by that fact that these two have such amazing chemestry. A part of me wishes that Cassidy Freeman had been cast as Dinah/Black Canary

Comment

Working...
              X