Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode 2.06 - "The Tower Is Tall But the Fall Is Short"

Woah.

So we got another strong episode tossed out this week and I really think T:SCC is picking up its game - which is really good!

Umm... Where did those cool opening credit things go?

Weaver
    Oh my god! I am so glad they gave her so much in this episode, she really hasn't actually done much she episode 1, so getting to see SO MUCH of her was a great choice. We also got an answer that Savannah IS REAL CHILD!

My heart broke when Savannah was playing with the doll and made it say "I miss my old mommy". I am surprised that Weaver kept her alive, which makes me believe even more that Savannah has something to do with the future of Skynet or something to do with John. OORR Weaver is just being smart and keeping her around...

I really think Weaver is starting to question herself. The way she is looking at everyone know and how she is towards Havanna makes me wonder if she can question herself, if maybe she wants to be the old Weaver the way she is studying her and slowly becoming more human.

John/Sarah
    John's stuff was really emoitonal. And pretty intense to learn that he killed that man and that yeah maybe this world is just too much for him. I really do think he tried to kill himself (ugh... that slowmotion thing was really stupid... sorry T:SCC just fails when they do slowmotion...)

I really hope John and Sarah start to come together and just sit down and talk like a mother and son. I was also really impressed that Sarah was sitting in that chair at the end of the episode. I thought it was going to be Weaver, but I am glad too see Sarah there.

Also I really liked the opening and ending lines with her talking about her father.

Cameron
    I feel Cameron was a bit forced into this episode and that fight scene was only there to give her something more too do. I kind of hope Cameron is dropped if we get a third season, there is only so much more they can do with her.

Now that fight scene was pretty cool! It was very clean and just a great beat-em down fight. Plus when the kid was looking at them was just really cute. And then when she twisted her up was just so amusing And the self destructive chip? Hmm... What do people think? I gotta say I think Cameron destroyed it herself.

Derek
    And some more Derek past... err future... or whatever. It is great to see another person drop back and she is so sexy and mysterious I can't wait to see how she plays into the next few episodes!
    Last edited by DigitalLeonardo; 22-10-08, 10:13 AM.

Originally posted by DigitalLeonardo View Post
    My heart broke when Havanna was playing with the doll and made it say "I miss my old mommy".
    Or when she peed on the floor at the photoshoot. That's when my heart broke. I think that little girl did a good job in this ep.

(ugh... that slowmotion thing was really stupid... sorry T:SCC just fails when they do slowmotion...)
    Yeah, I don't know why they did. Completely unnecessary and it did nothing for the scene. :/

I kind of hope Cameron is dropped if we get a third season, there is only so much more they can do with her.
    For me it is too early to make that call. I'm still confused about her true intentions and what she is doing with the Connors, what her real mission is, etc. There's still lots to learn. Plus Summer Glau is made of awesome.

And the self destructive chip? Hmm... What do people think? I gotta say I think Cameron destroyed it herself.
    I'm not sure what's going on with that. And why did she still have the chip in the ending montage? She must have a collection of things hidden somewhere because we know she pocketed a chip last season too.

And some more Derek past... err future... or whatever. It is great to see another person drop back and she is so sexy and mysterious I can't wait to see how she plays into the next few episodes!
    I'm not getting a good vibe from her. Clearly she has been spying on or tailing John and/or Derek. And they did have that convo about Future!John reprogramming lots of machines and how some turned on the humans. I suspect she may have returned to the past to stop John from being the leader because she doesn't agree with his tactics.

I did like this ep a lot. The Weaver stuff was fascinating and I am happy to see more of her now that she has become a real character instead of some cliche super villain running a shadowy company. And I link Shirley Manson is doing a a great job! Ironically, she came off as more robotic to me in this episode than the previous ones even though she was trying to nurture her human front a bit. But it worked really well in capturing that clash between the machine and the (fake) mother in her.
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Weaver
      Oh my god! I am so glad they gave her so much in this episode, she really hasn't actually done much she episode 1, so getting to see SO MUCH of her was a great choice. We also got an answer that HAVANNA IS REAL CHILD!

My heart broke when Havanna was playing with the doll and made it say "I miss my old mommy". I am surprised that Weaver kept her alive, which makes me believe even more that Havanna has something to do with the future of Skynet or something to do with John. OORR Weaver is just being smart and keeping her around...
      I never thought she wasn't a real child - I think it is possible to second guess a show a little too much! The child's name is Savannah, not Havanna, btw

It doesn't surprise me at all that Weaver has kept the child alive - after all, the child wasn't in the helicopter when the real Weaver and her husband were killed, and therefore is an important part of the role the terminator is playing. Clearly, the Weavers have lived in the public eye for quite some time, so if the child were to disappear, it would be rather suspicious, would it not? Therefore, a large part of taking Catherine Weaver's place involves parenting her child - and I really enjoyed seeing the terminator struggling with that in this episode. It felt very realistic for that situation.

And the poor little girl broke my heart. Of course she can tell the difference between her real mommy and the imposter taking her place - and of course she can't tell anyone and have them believe her!

John's stuff was really emoitonal. And pretty intense to learn that he killed that man and that yeah maybe this world is just too much for him.
      Intense, maybe...but was anyone actually surprised? It only confirmed what we all thought after the episode. Hardly surprising that John is struggling with the weight of all that has happened and all that lies ahead, and he really doesn't have anyone in his life that he can comfortably talk to about all that.

The biggest impression left on me by John's story in this episode, however, was the fact that his emotional turmoil and the actions he took as a result will have lasting consequences, because he sabotaged their surveillance of the doctor in order to maintain his privacy...and as a result, the fact that the doctor has come on board with Weaver (possibly what Team Connor was meant to prevent) is now unknown - and a huge potential setback.

I feel Cameron was a bit forced into this episode and that fight scene was only there to give her something more too do. I kind of hope Cameron is dropped if we get a third season, there is only so much more they can do with her.
      I agree with Jenni Lou that this knee-jerk reaction is very much jumping the gun. In any ensemble show, it is never possible to give every character a huge amount of focus in every episode - just look at any episode of BtVS as an example. The lead characters will always draw the most screentime, with the supporting cast taking their turn in the spotlight. That is how ensembles work. It doesn't mean that those supporting characters are not important simply because they don't always have a large role to play in each episode. The writers clearly have plans for Cameron that will take time to unfold, and we must be patient while that unfolding takes place.

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
      I'm not sure what's going on with that. And why did she still have the chip in the ending montage? She must have a collection of things hidden somewhere because we know she pocketed a chip last season too.
      The chip Cameron hid last season was discovered, wasn't it - there was a whole episode revolving around it. She is definitely collecting terminator debris, though - maybe because she is trying to understand her place in the world (and that of her kind) or maybe because she has a larger ultimate plan. I look forward to finding out.

I'm not getting a good vibe from her. Clearly she has been spying on or tailing John and/or Derek. And they did have that convo about Future!John reprogramming lots of machines and how some turned on the humans. I suspect she may have returned to the past to stop John from being the leader because she doesn't agree with his tactics.
      She is definitely dodgy! I was very distracted by her, though, because I recognised the actress from an Australian soap opera she used to appear in... I appreciated that Derek was so suspicious of her at first, and so disgusted at the thought of her going awol. But at the end of the day, his libido won out - and, I think, genuine feelings for her plus the relief of having someone around that he can relate to, someone from his own time, who has been through the same things that he has been through.

It'll be interesting to see what happens next!

Comment

Woah.

So we got another strong episode tossed out this week and I really think T:SCC is picking up its game - which is really good!

Umm... Where did those cool opening credit things go?
        Yeah, they saw my banner set and took the credits away

I really think Weaver is starting to question herself. The way she is looking at everyone know and how she is towards Havanna makes me wonder if she can question herself, if maybe she wants to be the old Weaver the way she is studying her and slowly becoming more human.
        Truly. It's super interesting. And Savannah responds so well, and she's all about machines walking against the light, so it makes sense that she could evolve and be more grey.

I kind of hope Cameron is dropped if we get a third season, there is only so much more they can do with her.
        *punches Travis in the nose*
        No messing with Summer!

Now that fight scene was pretty cool! It was very clean and just a great beat-em down fight. Plus when the kid was looking at them was just really cute. And then when she twisted her up was just so amusing And the self destructive chip? Hmm... What do people think? I gotta say I think Cameron destroyed it herself.
        Nope, I thought she didn't and that she was intrigued and reading the suicide brochures, considering the suicide option for herself.

Overall, seemed like an ep that is taking us somewhere, rather than a lot happening in it altogether.

I liked that Derek told Sarah a story that turned about to be a version of his story.

Comment

I really enjoyed this week’s episode, it was the third really good one in a row. I liked that this episode had emotional depth but there were also some very interesting plot points revealed.

First off, yay for Sarah’s voice overs being back! I know some people don’t like them but I have really missed them in the first 5 eps of season 2 so I was glad to discover that this week’s episode had a voice over again.

I really liked John’s storyline this week. I’m not convinced that he really tried to kill himself but his state of mind is definitely troubled and I’m glad that he was able to open up to the shrink about killing Sarkissian (even if he might have endangered the mission while doing so). I’m also pleased that it was revealed this early on in the season that it was indeed John who killed Sarkissian, just as most of us suspected. It was heartbreaking at times to see how much John struggles with this (as he should, of course) and with his life and his role in general. It must be tough when all you want to be is a normal teenager but circumstances prevent that from happening.

The Weaver/Savannah storyline was very interesting as well. I always believed that the child was human but it was good to see that confirmed. The little girl really broke my heart when she said she wanted her real mommy back, or when she peed herself or when she showed the shrink the “scared” card. That little actress really did a good job conveying Savannah’s terror. I was intrigued by Weaver in this episode, how she realised that she wasn’t doing a very convincing job as Savannah’s mother and thus studied the video featuring the real Weaver, tried to learn from her and had almost instant success with Savannah.

The Derek storyline was also interesting this week. Even if Jesse turns out to be evil or working against Derek and the Connors, I’m still glad that he got a little loving, especially since it became obvious that they know each other in the future, maybe even had some kind of relationship. Hopefully, Derek won’t lose his guardedness and suspicions around her completely, depending on her agenda that might be dangerous to the Connors. It was also great to get more insight into Derek because of the story he told Sarah and then the story ending up being about him (more or less). And finding out that it was Jesse who saved him, interesting stuff! I’m very curious to see what will happen next with those two.

So overall I think the writers are on a roll and I can’t wait to see what they have in store for us next week.

Comment

Working...
          X