• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Season!

[Professor Farnsworth]Good news, everyone![/Professor Farnsworth]

http://www.thrfeed.com/2008/10/fox-picks-up-te.html

I'm just giddy!
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Winston Churchill

I think this will be a double-edge sword for the series.

I think the series will suffer from quality control with a full 22 episode set. The first season was strong and already I feel season 2 is lacking a little bit and now by stretching the episodes out? Hmm...

I don't think the Weaver arc will be able to last 22 episodes, and I kinda hope her end game comes out by episode 13 cause I don't think her character will be interesting after 20-so on episodes of her just sitting in that desk playing chess with Ellison and the other characters.

I also fear for some of the up coming filler episodes... How would they even do a filler in T:SCC?

Comment

I'm on the other end. I think that season 1 was shaky at best (though still enjoyable) and that season 2 (especially the last two episodes) has really set the tone for the show, in a good way. And from what I can see, it isn't pulling in that bad of ratings. I think Fox is realizing that they can't expect every show to be the next X-Files or Heroes and that you shouldn't cancel shows with respectable numbers just because they aren't pulling in 10+ million viewers a week. From what I can tell T:SCC has a steady (and growing slightly) fan base. Not to mention, Summer Glau is reaching a new level of stardom.
      "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Winston Churchill

Comment

I loved season 1, seriously, I thought it was a demonstration of how to write a TV series. I can be critical of TV shows, and I can still enjoy them despite flaws, but season 1 of T:SCC was for me pretty much faultless (except for the whole issue with the head passing through the time portal that made no sense).

This left season 2 with a lot to live up to. And it has fallen short in a couple of places, but as far as I am concerned, that's only on this specific comparitive scale. I'm still enjoying it very much and although they've had a couple of plotholes appear, nothing that couldn't be McGuffined away, they've just taken that their viewers are smart enough not to need every single detail explained, which for a lot of american TV, seems to be required.

I was concerned when talk of "no further episodes ordered" loomed, and moreso when they ordered two more scripts without mentioning further production (the last time I am aware this happened was Firefly) and so am notably relieved to hear that the season has been picked up for a full run. I just hope that scheduling doesn't continue to be a problem for what is a good show with the potential (if it gets back to it's season 1 level) to be a truly great show.

Also, is it me or was the ending of season 1 the best season ending in the history of tv? I had chills watching that.

Comment

Welllll... if they don't make a full season then we'll never know if they could make a full season, if that makes sense... so I think it's awesome news, thanks for sharing Hawked up

Comment

Originally posted by Veverka View Post
            Welllll... if they don't make a full season then we'll never know if they could make a full season, if that makes sense... so I think it's awesome news, thanks for sharing Hawked up
            Oh true, true! I guess it does need to prove itself and I am just being to protective... I can't handle another one of my favorites show to be totally destroyed (*moment of silence for Tru Calling and Veronica Mars*)

Comment

Working...
            X