Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 4400

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The 4400

    Just wondered if anybody else here watches The 4400

    Its in its fourth season at the moment and keeps getting better, Its one of my favourite shows at the moment. I can't seem to find many people that watch it, Anybody got a favourite character?, What are your thoughts on the 4400 being salvation or a threat and your theories in general.
    Last edited by Alucard; 23-06-07, 12:09 AM.

    Battle 57: BlasterBoy vs. Alucard

    Icon by the magnificent Wendy

  • #2
    I watch. It's always been one of those shows I just sit back and enjoy and don't think to much about. I don't really have a fave character, although I do like Tom and Shawn a lot.

    As for salvation or threat, I go for neither. Although I don't know if this promicin thing is such a good idea. The 4400 were sent back for a reason, I suspect...so why change all these other people too, you know?
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

    Comment


    • #3
      I watch The 4400...I have seen only the first 2 seasons, though..I'm waiting for the Italian television to air season 3, but I'm losing hope. I could certainly watch it in some other way, but I watch too many shows at the moment, so it will have to wait.
      Well, not a very useful post...LOL just wanted to say that I watch, but I'm behind...so I can't discuss it and I have to stay away from this thread not to get accidentally spoiled...

      |LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
      Icon by xiperita

      Comment


      • #4
        I watch! It's more of a sit and just enjoy and not think kinda thing like Jenni Lou said lol. I think I missed season 2 but I've seen 1, 3, and so far of 4. I love Shawn. Probably because whenever he uses his power on someone it always makes me cry lol. And also Jordan is a pretty interesting character. I can't wait to see this whole prophet/shaman/healer storyline play out with Kyle (and his power which just seems like schizophrenia but okay lol). It actually reminds me of Gaius and Head!Six if anyone watches BSG.

        Comment


        • #5
          I was a big fan of seasons One and Two. Season Three I found less enjoyable. The storyline changed so much. But it did start to get interesting again near the end. So far I'm enjoying Season Four.

          Comment


          • #6
            I really like the 4400 it is a great show I wish it wasnt a summer show thow. I think it would be a great fall show, but it's kinda like Heroes. When the 4400 came out it actually scared the CRAp out of me. I dont know why but it did. Yes 440 is a good show and Mya is soooo cute.
            East Wick Season Two -Coming Soon-

            Banner By: Pandora's Box

            Comment


            • #7
              Yes I watched Season 1 and I liked it a lot. The problem is they have not shown S2 here until now. Once in a while they show replays of S1 and some episodes which I have not seen and which I could not understand. And then the show disappeared again!! I've been trying to get the dvds here but I haven't found S2. I'm so disappointed but hopefully I will find the dvds elsewhere. I just wanted you to know I watch and since I've only seen S1, I can only say I thought the 4400 were sent back to save this planet from some imminent disaster. Apparently not??
              " Believe me I know the impulse to pull the trigger. But if we lose ourselves, we lose everything." -Michael Scofield
              Avatar by Ahm Shere

              Comment


              • #8
                I just did a marathon of s4 to catch up last week and s4 is really great! The 4400 is far from my fave show but I have been watching since it first aired and it's good summer viewing...good to watch while everything else is on hiatus. I am wondering though if I like s4 so much now because I watched most of the eps back to back rather than week to week..

                In any case, there is a new ep on in less than hour and I am looking forward to it.
                sigpic
                follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
                  I just did a marathon of s4 to catch up last week and s4 is really great! The 4400 is far from my fave show but I have been watching since it first aired and it's good summer viewing...good to watch while everything else is on hiatus. I am wondering though if I like s4 so much now because I watched most of the eps back to back rather than week to week..

                  In any case, there is a new ep on in less than hour and I am looking forward to it.
                  Yes, I agree that it's good summer viewing. There are so many different characters and plots going all at the same time, there's something for almost everyone! I have also watched it since it first aired, because there was nothing else before The Dead Zone.

                  But -

                  Spoiler:
                  Don't you think it's taken a weird turn? People are coming back from the dead (seemingly). Will Isabelle take back her powers? It does seem like it's developing into a "are the 4400 saviors or destroyers" issue. Is Jordan Collier a messiah or a devil? The season finale is going to be very interesting!


                  I think they don't use Maia (sp?) enough. She sees the future. Why don't they ask her more often for more information? I understand she's a little girl, but she writes everything down in a diary, so communicating the information is not damaging to her.....so why don't they just ask? If she doesn't know, she doesn't know, she doesn't see everything, I know, but still.......why not see if she can tell them anything?
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Cinderela View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Don't you think it's taken a weird turn? People are coming back from the dead (seemingly). Will Isabelle take back her powers? It does seem like it's developing into a "are the 4400 saviors or destroyers" issue. Is Jordan Collier a messiah or a devil? The season finale is going to be very interesting!
                    It has gotten pretty strange. I feel like I am watching a retake on a story I wanted to write when I was younger about extraordinary abilities, government conspiracies and sleeper agents. I seriously had a large portion of the story mapped out and The 4400 has come through on many points of it.

                    Maia is underused, particularly this season. I get the feeling the writers don't know what to do with her. Clairvoyance is tricky because you don't want a character who is going to tell you everything.
                    sigpic
                    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
                      It has gotten pretty strange. I feel like I am watching a retake on a story I wanted to write when I was younger about extraordinary abilities, government conspiracies and sleeper agents. I seriously had a large portion of the story mapped out and The 4400 has come through on many points of it.

                      Maia is underused, particularly this season. I get the feeling the writers don't know what to do with her. Clairvoyance is tricky because you don't want a character who is going to tell you everything.
                      Well, I have been watching since the first ep and don't clearly remember all details, but haven't they said that the doesn't see everything? I also have got the feeling they don't really know what her role should be. I've forgotten which characters are aware of her ability. I would think that, if he knew, Jordan would be very interested in having her close to him. Seems to me that a Clairvoyant would be a handy person to have around, for both sides. IMHO, it would make the most sense to have both sides fighting to have her with them.

                      Just in case anyone is not up to date - spoiler tags now, because I'm going to be referring to the most recent episodes:

                      Spoiler:
                      Next, I wonder if any of the people involved in the "Isabelle taking back her powers" REALLY understand just what that would mean. As I recall, Isabelle was the most powerful one of the whole cast. Remember, she had tremendous power in the WOMB. Seems to me, she could run the table and do darn near anything to anyone. I don't think we've even seen the tip of the iceberg when it comes to how much power she actually has! And I believe she HAS changed over the course of the last couple of seasons, she's noone's puppet anymore. IMHO, it would be a serious mistake to take for granted that she would automatically be on EITHER side. I think the whole "we implanted something inside you to stop you from double crossing us" thing is totally lame and a transparent bluff. Remember, the very TREES themselves bowed to her (again when she was still in the WOMB) when Lily and Richard were driving away? (Sorry, I forget which ep and which season - that scene just was very memorable to me).

                      And, is it just me, or is this new relationship with Tom and his new boss seem totally out of character for Tom as we know him? Wasn't it just a few episodes ago that he was out of his mind searching everywhere for his oh-so-perfect wife (whose name escapes me now at 4:40 am). Suddenly, he just gave up looking and we've not heard him mention her again - and he's now sleeping with the cute new boss. To get get a tiniest bit off topic (I know there is a thread for this), but I'm a character girl all the way. I can swallow impossibly stupid plot twists as long as the writers have the characters stay true to themselves. Seems to me this sudden forgetting of his wife is way, way out of character for Tom. (OK, back on topic)


                      And, I don't know who is in charge of thinking up new abilities, but they are doing a fantastic job! They have come up with some very new, fresh and creative abilities! It leaves you contstantly wondering what ability we'll see next.

                      Do you think they are setting up the season finale as Isabelle VS Jordan?
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        1. It is a bit out of character for Tom, yes. He was desperate for Alana. HOwever I suppose the writers wanted to sweep that relationship under the rug since she is now gone and didn't want a season full of Tom sulking. I'm just guessing....

                        2. Jordan does know about Maia's abilities. But I think Jordan likes to try and recruit people rather than force them into his community. I think he is just waiting it all out.

                        3. I don't know what is going to be up with Isabelle. I don't have a lot of thoughts on it right now.

                        4. I'm not sure what the season finale is going to be. The finales for this show always surprise me. But there are a lot conflicts, including that crazy cousin rivalry of Shawn vs. Kyle.
                        sigpic
                        follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I have caught up with the American airing. I have to say that I'm enjoying season 4 very, very much...brilliant season! There are maybe some plot points that bother me, like
                          Spoiler:
                          Tom & Megan..not because I ship him with Alana, not at all..but because it seems to me that it's somewhat out of character for Tom to just give up on Alana like that, like someone said in the previous posts.

                          But nothing is perfect, and I'm really liking where this season is going, with Jordan changing the world, and the opposition between the different sides (Jordan&Kyle, NTAC, Shawn&Kevin, The Marked)
                          The latest episode, Tiny Machines, left me very, very worried...
                          Spoiler:
                          for Tom's fate, and for Jordan...I refuse to believe Jordan is now marked...noooooooo! In the end, I'm convincing myself that Jordan has indeed good intentions. Hopefully Diana and Marco will find a way to get rid of the Marked guys.
                          Isabelle has really grown on me this season..afterall, if she was messed up last season it wasn't all her fault..and now I feel very sorry for her because of the position she's in.


                          I can't wait for the finale, I wish it was Sunday already! And I hope with all my heart that this won't be the end of the show, and that it will be renewed and we will have another season! There's no way they will be able to wrap all loose ends up, otherwise! *crosses fingers*

                          |LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
                          Icon by xiperita

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yeah, definitely too many loose ends to clean up for it to be over already. I'm fairly certain it does well enough for USA that it will get renewed.

                            I really like this season and I suspect it may have something to do with the way I watched it....the bulk of the season I watched in a marathon over a couple days. So it felt very action-packed and revelatory.
                            sigpic
                            follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
                              Yeah, definitely too many loose ends to clean up for it to be over already. I'm fairly certain it does well enough for USA that it will get renewed.

                              I really like this season and I suspect it may have something to do with the way I watched it....the bulk of the season I watched in a marathon over a couple days. So it felt very action-packed and revelatory.
                              OMG! I hadn't even thought that the show might be cancelled! I'm with you, Jenni, I think it does well enough here in the USA to be renewed. It's great summer viewing.

                              I always like to marathon view seasons when I can. The details are fresh in your memory and I think you see the plot arcs the way the writers/producers intended.

                              Trouble is, I have NO will power to wait it out until shows come to DVD! I want to be discussing episodes with everyone else! The only shows I did that with was NIP/TUCK and 24 and only because I wasn't watching the shows from the very beginning. When I finally tuned in belatedly, I couldn't get enough! But waiting until the current season came out on DVD to get myself up to date was really, really hard!
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                What did y'all think of the finale? I just got around to watching. I actually thought it was a great ep! Of course, the next season is going to go in a totally new direction with Seattle essentially turning into Promise City.

                                Man, they killed off a lot of people. Isabelle, Shawn's mom and brother...not to mention 9000 Seattle denizens.

                                It's weird to think that Marco and Megan have abilities now. But I also really liked Marco so I am glad that they have been incorporating him a lot more into the show.
                                sigpic
                                follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
                                  What did y'all think of the finale? I just got around to watching. I actually thought it was a great ep! Of course, the next season is going to go in a totally new direction with Seattle essentially turning into Promise City.

                                  Man, they killed off a lot of people. Isabelle, Shawn's mom and brother...not to mention 9000 Seattle denizens.

                                  It's weird to think that Marco and Megan have abilities now. But I also really liked Marco so I am glad that they have been incorporating him a lot more into the show.
                                  And, it looks like they will start to use Maia more, too! I was sorry to see Isabelle go, tho. I really liked her character. After this finale, it looks like this season's tag line by Jordan is really true - "They are going to have to deal with us."

                                  Next season is going to be very, very interesting.
                                  sigpic

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Finally managed to catch up on all the episodes from episode three of Season Four onwards. I really enjoyed this season. I thought the whole "marked" thing was a great idea but it left me wondering if Jordan was still one of the "marked" at the end of the season. The finale was very good, I wondered what Danny's ability would be and was surprised when it turned out to be that.

                                    Isabelle's character was one of best this season, I was glad to see her change as her person after she lost her abilities in the previous season. I didn't really want her to get them back and when she did I thought it would play out like season three, Which I'm glad it didn't. I can't wait to see how things play out next season with Promise City and how Marco and Meghan deal with their new abilities.

                                    Battle 57: BlasterBoy vs. Alucard

                                    Icon by the magnificent Wendy

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      It's been a while since the season finale aired, and my memory is already fading. I loved the episode, but being the lazy creature I am, I didn't feel like posting about it. Making an effort, here! LOL

                                      I was sorry to see Isabelle go, I really liked her character in season 4, and I understand her whole arc now, and even her role in season 3 is growing on me. I was glad that in the end she made the right thing, it was very selfless on her part, considering that she had been a pawn since the beginning.

                                      I thought the whole marked storyline was a very good one to spice things up a bit...Tom was great as Evil!Tom, but I was very glad when he was back to normal.
                                      They left it vague, but I hope that Jordan isn't still one of the marked. (although I think he isn't...he wouldn't have been proclaming Seattle as Promise City in the end, if he was one of the marked)

                                      I felt really bad for Danny..all he wanted was to be special like his brother, maybe be helpful to other people...instead, he got a realy sucky ability! Thanks to him, though, now Megan and Marco have abilities too..we will see how they will deal with them.
                                      That brings me to Tom...will Tom take the shot? I think he might be wavering.

                                      It will be a very interesting new season (has the show been renewed yet? ). I want them to solve the Alana thing, I hope they don't forget about it..and I'd like them to finally give us some hints on what catastrophe is coming, so grave that the future sent back the 4400 to change the world...I really want to know that, and see how spreading abilities worldwide is going to help. (because I still haven't understood that!)

                                      I love this show!

                                      |LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
                                      Icon by xiperita

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by Francy View Post
                                        It's been a while since the season finale aired, and my memory is already fading. I loved the episode, but being the lazy creature I am, I didn't feel like posting about it. Making an effort, here! LOL

                                        I was sorry to see Isabelle go, I really liked her character in season 4, and I understand her whole arc now, and even her role in season 3 is growing on me. I was glad that in the end she made the right thing, it was very selfless on her part, considering that she had been a pawn since the beginning.

                                        I thought the whole marked storyline was a very good one to spice things up a bit...Tom was great as Evil!Tom, but I was very glad when he was back to normal.
                                        They left it vague, but I hope that Jordan isn't still one of the marked. (although I think he isn't...he wouldn't have been proclaming Seattle as Promise City in the end, if he was one of the marked)

                                        I felt really bad for Danny..all he wanted was to be special like his brother, maybe be helpful to other people...instead, he got a realy sucky ability! Thanks to him, though, now Megan and Marco have abilities too..we will see how they will deal with them.
                                        That brings me to Tom...will Tom take the shot? I think he might be wavering.

                                        It will be a very interesting new season (has the show been renewed yet? ). I want them to solve the Alana thing, I hope they don't forget about it..and I'd like them to finally give us some hints on what catastrophe is coming, so grave that the future sent back the 4400 to change the world...I really want to know that, and see how spreading abilities worldwide is going to help. (because I still haven't understood that!)

                                        I love this show!
                                        Evil Tom was great, I kept wondering whether he would get back to normal or if he'd stayed as one of the marked I'm glad they managed to bring the old Tom back without killing him I thought for a second they might have because of the radiation that was used. I felt really bad for Danny as well for most of the series he was sort of living in his brothers shadow and it seemed like he just wanted to be a part of Shawns world and help.

                                        I'm not sure whether Tom will take the shot or not, There were times in Season Four where I thought he might take the shot. I agree with you I hope they do solve the Alana thing I thought she was a really good character, I wonder if she were still there in Season Four where she would stand in regards to Promise City. I wonder how many seasons they have planned?

                                        I love it too
                                        Last edited by Alucard; 06-10-07, 04:39 PM.

                                        Battle 57: BlasterBoy vs. Alucard

                                        Icon by the magnificent Wendy

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X