Sex and the City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sex and the City

I saw re-runs of all seasons on tv and it?s a show that I really like. Now, I?ve been collecting the DVDs. I already have season four (just finished rewatching it yesterday) and season five.
    What about you? Are you a fan of the series? What are your favourite season and character?

Yeah, I watched it and have all the DVDs. I even have every single episode capped and up on my site.

As for faves...hmmm....tough. I think I switch a lot between who is fave among the girls because they all sort of get on my nerves from time to time but they are all cool too! Fave season? Another tough one! The last season had a ton of wonderful eps so I think the last season might be my fave. But season four was full od a lot of awesome too, as was two. Hell, they all were!

The show has a lot of a great guest stars. And since this is a BUffy forum I will mention that Sarah Michelle Gellar also guest stars! I believe it is in the fifth season.
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

I wasn't really old enough to watch this when it came on television; however, a few months ago I watched all the episodes online. I fell in love with this show. The show showcases everything that can and will happen in relationships. Nothing is left out. I like how the show seemed to be brave and touch on some of the more embarrassing or unspeakable things. The characters on the show are pretty much the reason I got hooked on the show. They portray real friends. Real friends fight, they argue, they get mad, they talk about everything and in the end they are always friends.
      My favorite characters are : Miranda, Carrie, Samantha and Charlotte....in that order. Charlotte can be a little too whiny for me. Miranda is my favorite because she reminds me of my best friend. She is sweet, caring, determined. She is truly a best friend. I do not have a favorite season cause well they all seem to blend in my mind so I can't figure out what season was what. My favorite episode is the very last episode though. Big comes and gets Carrie from Paris. And he wants to beat up the other guy. Classic.
      BTW, have you two seen the movie? It was awesome.

Comment

Yeah, I saw the movie (and capped it.) I did like it but boy was it long! 2 1/2 hours?! I did not expect such a long running time. Although I think the DVD was longer than the theatrical release. Nonetheless, it was long. On the other hand, it sorts of played out as if you were watching several episodes, one right after another. There are blocks in the movie that sort of stand as separate narratives in and of themselves, but they are all woven together in the arc of the movie.....if that makes sense.
        sigpic
        follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

I haven?t seen the movie yet. I hope it?s as great as the series.
          As for seasons, I gotta say that the sixth season is pretty amazing, I really like the episodes and the storylines. I loved Harry, Smith Jerrod, Miranda finally getting hitched with Steve, Jack Berger and Samantha getting cancer. I also think S4 was pretty good and I really like S5, albeit short.
          I agree that Charlotte can be a little whiny, but that?s because she wants things to be always perfect. My least favourite of the four has to be Carrie. She seems to be a little shallow and very selfish. In some episodes, she behaves in a way that shocks me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
            Yeah, I saw the movie (and capped it.) I did like it but boy was it long! 2 1/2 hours?! I did not expect such a long running time. Although I think the DVD was longer than the theatrical release. Nonetheless, it was long. On the other hand, it sorts of played out as if you were watching several episodes, one right after another. There are blocks in the movie that sort of stand as separate narratives in and of themselves, but they are all woven together in the arc of the movie.....if that makes sense.
            I would say the movie was a seasons worth of storyline. Which worked in some parts and in others just felt very weird. But none the less it was a rather interesting movie and it didn't actually feel very long until about New Years.

Now I too was too young to actually watch the series when it first started to air, but I caught it a couple years ago when it start hitting reruns and I didn't LOVE the series, but I did enjoy it. It was just very well written and kept you wanting more, all the main girls got equal storylines and with the movie I think fans just got a great fandom to enjoy.

I would love to be able to buy the DVDs and watch the entire series from episode 1 to the finale. I know I've missed alot and I would love to see it all.

Comment

I didn't watch it on HBO but watched it when it moved into syndication on TBS. Not too long ago I saw the movie - and really enjoyed it! It was like one LOOOONG episode! It was fun and left the girls exctly as I would want their stories to end.

However, now I hear they are considering another movie!!
              -TP<3
              "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
              - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Now, the usual questions:

What attracts you to the show?
                Which of the girls do you like the most? and the least?

For me, it has very good writing and it?s a fun, witty show. I just love them talking about relationships and sex in such an open way. And it?s a joy to watch the episodes.

My favourite girl is Charlotte, mainly because I relate a little with her. I also have that mentality of "prince charming", and "eternal love". She may be whiny sometimes but most of the times, she?s sweet and she?s loyal to her friends.
                My least has to be Carrie. Sometimes, I get angry with some of her attitudes and her selfishness. She, sometimes ignores her friends and goes on to talk about her affair with Big and how her life is messed up. I still like her, but she clashes with me sometimes.

Comment

Well, it's the first show I have seen where women discuss sex in a realistic way. Because we do talk about all that stuff...weird things guys are into, their strange behaviors, our orgasms, etc. No other show or film has really captured that part of the human psyche the way this show did, imo. So I enjoy that aspect of it.

But I kind of flip around on who I like the most or least. They all endearing in their own rights and then they are all kind of annoying at times as well. I love Miranda, for example, but in the movie she a pissing me off throughout most of the it, as a matter of fact. :/
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X