This is the episode description for tonight's episode:

Spoiler:
    Smallville
    Toxic (New) 8:00 PM, 1 hr
    Thu 10/02/2008
    WPCW 19
    Drama/Other
    TVPG, English, 2008

When Oliver collapses at a charity event, he reveals that he only has 24 hours to live and begins flashing back through his memories of the past; Clark and Chloe contact Davis for help, but it looks grim; Chloe makes an interesting decision.
    Cast & Credits: Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Annette O'Toole, Allison Mack

SQUEE!!!!

Spoiler:
    so, we get an Ollie eppy! And yeah on the potential back-story!
    sigpic

I really enjoyed this episode and it was mostly about Oliver. Go figure. Not that I don't think he's hot cuz well he is- but its sort of ironic considering the show is about Clark.

It was neat seeing how Oliver became a whiz at bow-hunting and how the hood was really just a mean to protect him from the sun. I actually liked Tess in Ollie's flashback.

I love Chole as super-smart. Whether or not this new found power is from Brainiac I hope they have her keep it. The sidekicks need to be useful, you know?

While I am not crazy about Lois and Clark 'together', it is nice to see Lois coming into her own. She's growing up. Its ironic how all these years I pined for Clark and Lana and then she got all annoying, I actually want Clark and Chole together. What's wrong with me?

Anyhoo- awesome episode.
    Banner by Digital Leonardo

Comment

Yeah for Ollie! I was rather pleased with this episode just for the fact that

a) We got ALOT more into the character of Oliver Queen. It seemed a bit rushed but it was great too see Oliver become more primal and just the determination to hunt and feed and get off that island. The trial and error of him with the bow and arrow was pretty good - and it was just cool too see him improve. Though if he was there for 2 years... Why was he so clean shaven? It kinda bugged me, but oh well maybe he figured out away to shave himself (and his entire body...) But that is just a small nitpick, besides that it was very interesting and very true to the comic book so I was happy. It was also very neat to see him learn who killed his parents. I kinda wish he would have learned while Lionel was still alive... but oh well. There was just so much passion in Justin Hartley's performance this week - really smart to make him a series regular.

b) Tess. I was on the edge about her, did I like or not, but damn this episode tossed me onto the side of I LOVE TESS!!! Her history tied in with Oliver's was really perfect. Cassidy Freeman was a great choice for the character and she has really proven herself to be able to live up to the rest of the actors. It was cool to see her fight that guy when he confronts her, and it shows how badass she can be (oh I would love her fighting Lois ) and I really felt bad for her when her friend was shot... She has a tragic past and she is just becoming a really great addition to Smallville.

Some other highlights were Lois and Chloe, as usual. Lois - damn - I can't get over on how hot she looks with that hair. It just fits her so well and she is so Lois now! Her and Ollie was so touching and it really makes me want them to come together again (though it will never happen).

The Chloe/Davis stuff was also pretty good again. And makes me wonder where Jimmy has vanished off too. Oh well... I feel bad for Chloe and how Clark is on her case, I love that she is taking this new power as a blessing and while Clark is afraid (omg... there was the PERFECT chance for them to ref Kara... but nope... nothing... I mean even Lana got a ref this episode...)

I can't wait to see what happends with Davis. He made so many little clues to the fact that he isn't who he seems. So it will be great to see what happends with him and Chloe.

All in all, a very solid episode of Smallville! This season really has been ontop of its game and I hope it doesn't slip.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalLeonardo View Post

Though if he was there for 2 years... Why was he so clean shaven?
        That's what I thought! That drove me nuts!

b) Tess. I was on the edge about her, did I like or not, but damn this episode tossed me onto the side of I LOVE TESS!!! Her history tied in with Oliver's was really perfect. Cassidy Freeman was a great choice for the character and she has really proven herself to be able to live up to the rest of the actors. It was cool to see her fight that guy when he confronts her, and it shows how badass she can be (oh I would love her fighting Lois ) and I really felt bad for her when her friend was shot... She has a tragic past and she is just becoming a really great addition to Smallville.
        oh, I agree. I loved the flashbacks with Tess. I felt so sorry for her. And then at the end when she and Ollie argued, they seemed to have such a deep history, more than aquantances, and I think they were involved, romantically. Which makes you understand the bit of snarkiness Tess has been showing to Lois since they've met.....a bit of jealousy will do that to you...

Some other highlights were Lois and Chloe, as usual. Lois - damn - I can't get over on how hot she looks with that hair. It just fits her so well and she is so Lois now! Her and Ollie was so touching and it really makes me want them to come together again (though it will never happen).
        What?! It so could...

The Chloe/Davis stuff was also pretty good again. And makes me wonder where Jimmy has vanished off too. Oh well... I feel bad for Chloe and how Clark is on her case, I love that she is taking this new power as a blessing and while Clark is afraid (omg... there was the PERFECT chance for them to ref Kara... but nope... nothing... I mean even Lana got a ref this episode...)
        yeah, it does seem strange that they haven't mentioned her. But some of this episode did feel a bit choppy to me for some reason, like it was aired out of order. I wonder if it was intended to be the 3rd episode or a later episode.

I can't wait to see what happends with Davis. He made so many little clues to the fact that he isn't who he seems. So it will be great to see what happends with him and Chloe.
        Yeah, I'm liking his character, but again they seemed to act like they knew each other a lot more than they really do (seeing as how she just met him last week) and he all ready feels comfortable enough to question her on her 'smartness' and she feels comfortable enough to just tell him everything about her? I don't know, it really seemed a bit odd to me in the time table, which also leads me to believe that they were aired out of taping order.

Overall though I thought it was a solid episode.
        sigpic

Comment

The trial and error of him with the bow and arrow was pretty good - and it was just cool too see him improve. Though if he was there for 2 years... Why was he so clean shaven? It kinda bugged me, but oh well maybe he figured out away to shave himself (and his entire body...)
          He used the sharp rocks from the arrow to shave. Or another thought- since he was shipwrecked, maybe some of his supplies landed on shore? Perhaps he had a pocketknife?
          Banner by Digital Leonardo

Comment

Originally posted by LRae12 View Post
            yeah, it does seem strange that they haven't mentioned her. But some of this episode did feel a bit choppy to me for some reason, like it was aired out of order. I wonder if it was intended to be the 3rd episode or a later episode.
            Hmm. This makes alot of sense. I couldn't put my finger on it when I watched it, but now that you say that it does feel like alot was a bit off. I also think ALOT more scene were filmed (especlly with Ollie and Tess on the Island) that just felt were taken out.
            And maybe the episode was outta order... Cause yeah Chloe and Davis were a bit more chumy then they should be.

Originally posted by Obsessed View Post
            He used the sharp rocks from the arrow to shave. Or another thought- since he was shipwrecked, maybe some of his supplies landed on shore? Perhaps he had a pocketknife?
            I was thinking that too, but it was kinda way to clean of a shave... But then again I think I am thinking way to hard about this.

Comment

Hmm. This makes alot of sense. I couldn't put my finger on it when I watched it, but now that you say that it does feel like alot was a bit off. I also think ALOT more scene were filmed (especlly with Ollie and Tess on the Island) that just felt were taken out.
              And maybe the episode was outta order... Cause yeah Chloe and Davis were a bit more chumy then they should be.
              The version I first watched online was missing a few minutes and was cut together wrong. I didn't go past the first ten minutes, but those ten minutes were terrible. I don't know if you watched it online, but if you did make sure you watched a complete version of the episode.

I was thinking that too, but it was kinda way to clean of a shave... But then again I think I am thinking way to hard about this.
              My credulity was strained mostly by his construction of a perfect bow and arrow set! Not to mention that the montage was oddly placed. He starts constructing the arrows to kill a boar, but then he sets about on the montage and I"m sitting there going, "So he's doing all this while on the verge of starvation? Does he really need to hit dead center before he goes after lunch?"

Other thoughts:

I'm loving Tess/Mercy a whole lot. So much so that I can't stand her staying as a villain. I need her and Ollie back together and being heroic!

I can't get enough of the whole Lane/Kent Daily Planet dynamic.

I love it when Ollie gets angry at Clark. Clark needs a good kick in the ass sometimes when it comes to his heroism, and Ollie seems the only one capable of giving it.

I love the Tess and Clark dynamic.

Spoiler:
              I'm not all that excited about Davis/Doomsday. Maybe it'll pan out. Is Doomsday going to be Clark's Island experience? Makes sense I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by XavierZane View Post

My credulity was strained mostly by his construction of a perfect bow and arrow set! Not to mention that the montage was oddly placed. He starts constructing the arrows to kill a boar, but then he sets about on the montage and I"m sitting there going, "So he's doing all this while on the verge of starvation? Does he really need to hit dead center before he goes after lunch?"
                I thought the same thing! Why did he need to have a perfect bulls-eye to get lunch! I'm glad I'm not the only one to be bothered by this rather strangely written backstory.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LRae12 View Post
                  I thought the same thing! Why did he need to have a perfect bulls-eye to get lunch! I'm glad I'm not the only one to be bothered by this rather strangely written backstory.
                  Well I think he wanted perfect because well... What else does have to do? Plus I bet he had other ways to trap food and not just the arrow so I'm sure he was fine.

Hmm... I really wish we would have just gotten like a single SOLID episode of him on the island, it would be so much more interesting then all those choppy cuts...

Comment

Well I think he wanted perfect because well... What else does have to do? Plus I bet he had other ways to trap food and not just the arrow so I'm sure he was fine.

Hmm... I really wish we would have just gotten like a single SOLID episode of him on the island, it would be so much more interesting then all those choppy cuts...
                    I agree, it was a good episode, but they should have spent more on his island life. I'd understand it if there was a Green Arrow spin-off in the works, because they could explore it more then, but it's not like we've got any reason to think The CW would give us a show we actually want to see.

Comment

I guess that I'm in the minority who thought that "Toxic" almost (keyword: "almost") lived up to its name? I was pretty much bored with this episode except for the Tess stuff (God, I LOVE her! Such a refreshing villain! And the perfect substitute for Lex Luthor.) and anything involving Chloe.

I dunno. Everything was too...unrealistic for me. It all felt very amateur-ish, like a newbie had written the episode for season 1. Justin Hartley looked mighty fine but I don't think he was acting as well as he has before and the same can be said for Erica Durance, who I found to be very animated and cartoonish ( ), and Tom Welling.

I'm not surprised that this wasn't an outstanding episode, though. "Smallville" is known for having notorious third episodes (with the exception of 5.03). *Shrugs*

I sooo hope that 8.04 "Instinct" is a good episode. The promo makes me nervous...

Though, I totally wish that we got promos for season 8 because I'm in LOVE with Chloe, Davis, and Tess.
                      wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

Working...
                      X