Heroes 3.03 "One of Us, One of Them" Spoiler Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroes 3.03 "One of Us, One of Them" Spoiler Discussion Thread

I really enjoyed this episode. Sylar and Bennet make about the freakiest 48 Hours duo ever. Angela is flat-out evil now, IMO. Any sympathy she built up in Season 2 is gone. She totally fed that really hot Bridget to Sylar!

I loved Sylar's cop impersonation, but was disappointed about Jesse. Not that Sylar was still Sylar -- I'm glad he was -- but disappointed for Francis Capra, who really ended up not having a very big role this season at all.

At least we have present Peter back. I'm about tired of Future Peter already. But, geek question -- should present Peter now have Jesse's ability? He was standing right there. Might he even have Flint's or Knox's power? I don't actually quite get what Knox's power is, but Flint's is pretty awesome.

Speaking of people who play with fire -- Meredith was pretty cool in her stuff with Claire, although she ultimately was really gullible in trusting Claire after that incident. It was important for Claire to admit her anger, though. I gotta say, Jessalyn Gelsig is yummy. The... what's the incest version of HoYay? IncestYay?... whatever that is that only "Heroes" seems to do (seriously -- Angela always handsy with her now three sons, Peter and Nathan with each other, Claire with Peter, arguably Claire and Sylar) seems to continue since if we didn't already know that Claire and Meredith were related, the whole "two sweaty, panting women in a metal box" thing was a bit innuendo laden. One nitpick -- why can Meredith still breathe in there? I get that she doesn't get burned by fire, but being FireMommy doesn't mean she doesn't need air.

I'm not loving the new Hiro, by which I mean, how he's kind of a dick. Ando, though, got the great line of the episode -- "I'm being awesome!" And it was great to see the Haitian again, and even better to see him and Bennet together again. They are just the coolest partners. I still like Daphne -- in fact, I like her more. Daphne/Ando!
    sigpic
    Banner by LRae12

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
    I really enjoyed this episode. Sylar and Bennet make about the freakiest 48 Hours duo ever. Angela is flat-out evil now, IMO. Any sympathy she built up in Season 2 is gone. She totally fed that really hot Bridget to Sylar!
    Totally evil. There needs to be a reckoning between her and her kids, who, at worst, are only morally gray. That is, of course, assuming that Sylar being her kid is total bullsh*t, which I really hope is true. It's bad enough they roped Claire into the Petrelli brood. Now Sylar? On the plus side, every scene with Angela, Noah, or Sylar was pure gold.

I loved Sylar's cop impersonation, but was disappointed about Jesse. Not that Sylar was still Sylar -- I'm glad he was -- but disappointed for Francis Capra, who really ended up not having a very big role this season at all.
    Seriously! They could have at least let him play Peter in his body. What the hell? All he got was a few reflections in glass. My only hope is that he shows up in flashbacks.

Speaking of people who play with fire -- Meredith was pretty cool in her stuff with Claire, although she ultimately was really gullible in trusting Claire after that incident. It was important for Claire to admit her anger, though. I gotta say, Jessalyn Gelsig is yummy. The... what's the incest version of HoYay? IncestYay?... whatever that is that only "Heroes" seems to do (seriously -- Angela always handsy with her now three sons, Peter and Nathan with each other, Claire with Peter, arguably Claire and Sylar) seems to continue since if we didn't already know that Claire and Meredith were related, the whole "two sweaty, panting women in a metal box" thing was a bit innuendo laden. One nitpick -- why can Meredith still breathe in there? I get that she doesn't get burned by fire, but being FireMommy doesn't mean she doesn't need air.
    The way I read it is that the oxygen wasn't really depleted, Meredith was just tricking Claire into a panic attack. That's why she brought up waterboarding, and the mind being tricked into thinking you're drowning.

I'm not loving the new Hiro, by which I mean, how he's kind of a dick. Ando, though, got the great line of the episode -- "I'm being awesome!" And it was great to see the Haitian again, and even better to see him and Bennet together again. They are just the coolest partners. I still like Daphne -- in fact, I like her more. Daphne/Ando!
    No no no, Daphne/Hiro! ("You can't call dibs." "Can too! Dibs.") Although he is being a dick. It didn't cross his mind even once that maybe he's the one that went bad in the future? Either way, Daphne is the best new character in a long time. The African painter is great, too, but Daphne is just so darn perky.

I'm loving Parkman's storyline. Hopefully they do something good with it for a change.

Spoiler:
    I can't wait for next week's episode. Domestic!Sylar is going to be a sight to see.
    Last edited by XavierZane; 02-10-08, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Hiro's kinda been a dick sense he betrayed Adam...

I like the idea of Claire and Sylar being more than human. Not sure what that makes Peter (future not present).

Comment

I was most intrigued by Traci's storyline in this week's episode. It was great how she started to doubt herself and to be freaked out by her resemblance to Niki. I love that she tracked down Micah and that he instantly knew that Traci was not his mother. The way he hugged her later on even though he knew that she was not Niki but was still not able to help himself because Traci looks so similar, that was heartbreaking. When Traci found out that she and Niki were born in the same hospital and delivered by the same doctor, I immediately thought that maybe Traci was another sister of Niki, that her, Niki and Jessica were triplets and that Traci was given up for adaptation. However, when Dr. Zimmerman said that he had created Traci, I gave up on that theory because this brought up a whole new slew of questions. What did the doctor mean by "create"? Is Traci not human somehow? If yes, what exactly is she? What about Niki? Was she created as well? Questions over questions. It's all very intriguing and I can't wait to see how it all turns out. So far I find Ali Larter's character's storyline much more interesting this season than in season 2.

What else was noteworthy? I enjoyed Noah and Sylar being partners, as unlikely as that was. It was both very strange and quite funny, which I wouldn't have believed to be possible. Angela Petrelli is clearly evil and I feel so bad for Peter and Nathan that their mother is such a horrible person. And now she is Sylar's mother as well? Not sure how I feel about that.

I was a bit sad that Weevil, aka Francis Capra's character, was killed off so soon. I would have liked to see more of him on the show. And maybe even interact with Elle, that would have been awesome. On the other hand, I'm glad that Peter is in his own body again. The interaction between Future!Peter and Present!Peter was pretty cool. I have to say I find Future!Peter quite sexy with his scar and his bleak attitude. But then again when don't I find Milo droolworthy?

It's great that Claire's birthmother is back on the show. I like Jessalyn Gilsing as an actress, I always enjoyed her performance on Nip/Tuck and she does a great job on Heroes as well. That experiment that she did with Claire was pretty interesting and I'm glad that she got Claire to admit her real motives for wanting to be able to fight.

Once again I find Hiro's storyline utterly boring and Hiro himself gets on my nerves a lot. Poor Ando, getting treated like that. Well at least there were no yawn-worthy Mohinder/Maya scenes in this week's episode, that's always a good thing in my book.

So overall, an enjoyable and quite intriguing episode (especially with respect to Traci)!

Comment

Originally posted by Cori View Post
          I was most intrigued by Traci's storyline in this week's episode. It was great how she started to doubt herself and to be freaked out by her resemblance to Niki. I love that she tracked down Micah and that he instantly knew that Traci was not his mother. The way he hugged her later on even though he knew that she was not Niki but was still not able to help himself because Traci looks so similar, that was heartbreaking. When Traci found out that she and Niki were born in the same hospital and delivered by the same doctor, I immediately thought that maybe Traci was another sister of Niki, that her, Niki and Jessica were triplets and that Traci was given up for adaptation. However, when Dr. Zimmerman said that he had created Traci, I gave up on that theory because this brought up a whole new slew of questions. What did the doctor mean by "create"? Is Traci not human somehow? If yes, what exactly is she? What about Niki? Was she created as well? Questions over questions. It's all very intriguing and I can't wait to see how it all turns out. So far I find Ali Larter's character's storyline much more interesting this season than in season 2.
          same doctor, same birth date, etc, i just assumed identical twins split at birth, but it seems Dr Zimmerman created them both... unless 1 was already human and he used their DNA to somehow create a clone??? who knows; at least now i know Tracy isn't Nikki gone crazy.
          Angela Petrelli is clearly evil and I feel so bad for Peter and Nathan that their mother is such a horrible person. And now she is Sylar's mother as well? Not sure how I feel about that.
          i know; she's pure evil; more so than Sylar, because we still don't know Angela's motives for everything she's doing.
          Once again I find Hiro's storyline utterly boring and Hiro himself gets on my nerves a lot. Poor Ando, getting treated like that. Well at least there were no yawn-worthy Mohinder/Maya scenes in this week's episode, that's always a good thing in my book.
          i agree; Hiro's storyline is the most boring of them all...even moreso than Matt Parkman's at the moment. lol, yay for no Mohinder/Maya in this episode, but no Elle .
          Originally posted by XavierZane View Post
          The way I read it is that the oxygen wasn't really depleted, Meredith was just tricking Claire into a panic attack. That's why she brought up waterboarding, and the mind being tricked into thinking you're drowning.
          could be; but fire does consume oxygen and they were in a confined space; Meredith probably just sped up the process. Claire probably could die that way...but i'm assuming once her dead body is in contact with fresh oxygen, she'd probably just jump back to life.

average episode IMO; Can't believe Petrelli just fed Bridgette to Sylar.
          characters i miss seeing; Adam/Kensei and Elle.
          veronica mars: "i've got a kidney with your name on it, no questions asked."

Comment

Just gotta post, the Traci storylines seems interesting, we will be catching up to yoiu guys next Thursday on the episodes two (Both of the first two episodes will appear), so my question is if Traci isn't Nikki. Then what happened to Nikki herself? Did she die?

Hilda Celeriac: You better tell me everything or I am gonna go Lex Luthor on your ass!
            Hey guys, if you know Amber is coming to Brisbane or anywhere near it, then page me (Well PM, just referencing Buffy)

Comment

Just saw all 3 episodes and Heroes seems to be back to being awesome again.

I like Angela being a little evil this season. I don't think Syler is her kid though. I think she is manipulating him into doing what she wants. She knows that she can use him to get the other dangerous 'Villians' back to level 5 and thats what I think she is doing. Playing him by giving him what he wants.

I don't like Hiro at all. He's just being an ass with this whole 'destiny' thing. And the not trusting Ando because of what happens in the future, because of Hiro not listening to the tape.

I really like Tracy. at first I thought maybe Linderman had brought Niki back as someone else, but after the meeting with Dr. immerman, I think that he has already done what Mohinder is currently doing. Creating people with powers. When he answered the door, he thought she was someone else and called her another name, so there may be another one that looks like Niki somewhere.

I liked Sylar/Noah in this episode. I think they'll make a good team together with Noah knowing that Sylar stole Claire's power. Though I do like seeing Noah/Haitian as a pairing.
              sigpic
              Go ahead, call it a coccoon crash

Comment

Originally posted by Arashmaharr View Post
                I really like Tracy. at first I thought maybe Linderman had brought Niki back as someone else, but after the meeting with Dr. immerman, I think that he has already done what Mohinder is currently doing. Creating people with powers. When he answered the door, he thought she was someone else and called her another name, so there may be another one that looks like Niki somewhere.
                i assumed he thought maybe it was Nikki...but how freaky would it be if there were more;
                poor Micah.
                veronica mars: "i've got a kidney with your name on it, no questions asked."

Comment

I don't remember season 2 very well. Where is Molly? Did something happen to her?

Comment

Okay, wow, when Sylar was all 'decaf' I thought it was awesome. As for Angela- evil. Totally evil. Also insane. But the Sylar/Noah combo was neat. And it was nice to see the Haitian again.

As for Claire- cool that her fire!Mommy got her to admit the truth to herself. That was a neat scene. But- where do they get all the empty shipping containers from in this show? That's what they were in, right, a shipping container?

As for Tracey, well... at the moment I'm really missing Niki. But it was awesome to see Micah. Nice that he recognised that she wasn't his mum, but cool that he could help her.

I guess I'm with a lot of people here, finding Hiro tedious at the moment.

Comment

Dr. Zimmerman actually called Tracy "Barbara" when he opened the door and she was like "Whaaa?" Yeah. So, if I heard correctly and he DID say "Barbara," then that means that there might be ANOTHER Ali Larter running around.

Which could prove to be a really interesting storyline...

IE: That dream Angela had with the Heroes dead and Adam, Maury, Knox and Sylar looking menacing could be of Barbara, not Tracy...
                      wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

I love it when Sylar acts, it was hilarious. I also found it really sad at the end where he had to go back to the cell, with his little folded up pyjamas!

I also have my doubts that Angela's really Sylar's mother. She know he's got mother-issues and that he always wished he'd been adopted, it just seems like to easy a way to manipulate him.

(and by the way - OMG BRIDGET BAILEY! I loved her when she was emailing Mohinder and I was really excited when she showed up - until I realised why...).
                        What are you gonna do? Make me some more eggs?

Livejournal
                        Alan Tudyk Dot Net

Comment

Well Heroes just gets more and more confusing for me lol. I really don't get the Angela/Sylar mother and son storyline I just don't see what this is meant to do, it seems completely pointless. I am also finding Hiro tedious, I wish he had never seen Ando betraying him because I think it has made him very petty and annoying.

I also thought the doctor said Barbara when he opended the door to Tracey, interesting that there could be loads of Ali Larter's running around the show, it would be interesting to see what other powers they could have.

I really don't like Claire's mother, I don't get whether she is good or evil, I don't like that they bought her into the show again. She was also stupid to assume that Claire won't run off and do anything now she has spoken to her, I can't see that happening because Claire is so headstrong.

I did like the comic element in this episode though with Sylar and Noah working together, very funny, but I didn't like that Jesse was killed off either, I loved Francis Capra in VM and it would have been cool to see more of him in this show.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well this episode had aired in Australia, and to the above poster I was just thinking the same, it is getting a bit confusing like Lost, although unlike Lost they don't tend to string out storylines for over two seasons without telling us who they are (The Others).

So how many Nikki clones are there exactly out there? Okay preassuming Jessica was her twin, then that means there is apparently already four of them, well two now but still, I guess if anything happens to Tracy then we will have Barbara and the others (If there is) on hand, does anyone find it a bit creepy that the doctor "created them", aleast I am assuming Barbara was created (The doctor did say to Tracy created so that's where this is coming from).

Oh! What if the guy was married to someone who looked exactly like them! But then she died and maybe he has the power to create humans so he made them to look like her, but for some reason let other people adopt them (Since Jessica and Nikki were twins and adopted by that father, aleast I think so).

So most of the villains are already dead or captured? I had actually been expecting them to be around for a whole season especially what we saw in Angela's vision, the black guy escaped (I think) and the other one is in captivity, hmm not sure what's going to happen now.

Hilda Celeriac: You better tell me everything or I am gonna go Lex Luthor on your ass!
                            Hey guys, if you know Amber is coming to Brisbane or anywhere near it, then page me (Well PM, just referencing Buffy)

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode, I just finished watching it, literally because I missed it during the week.

Anyway, I love Angela's character, she was always kind of grey-matter, but now she's full on evil and not afraid to show it, although it would've been nice to see Sylar put Bridget's power to use.

Tracy's storyline is seriously interesting, having her questioning herself and who she is was great, also a frozen rose is kind of pretty, but when she went to New Orleans I felt for sure the coffin was going to be empty, but obviously it wasn't which was misleading. When Micah went through the computer files I thought she must've been Jessica because Micah didn't mention that Jessica had been delivered by Dr. Zimmerman and he never mentioned that Niki had a sister. But after the "I created you" thing I'm out of theories, but full of questions.

Sylar/Noah, what a pairing, I thought there might've been hope, that Sylar might actually turn out to be a hero, it would've been fitting for this season having all the "heroes" turn into "villains" and vice verse, but that never happened. It was funny to see Sylar impersonating an FBI agent, but what I never understood is why he killed Jesse out of all the villains in the bank, the others had more powerful powers. Also, I didn't get why Sylar was so desperate to get Claire's power, why didn't he go after Peter then he wouldn't even have to kill anybody anymore?

The scene between Claire and her mother was great, although I think it would've been better if we'd actually seen Claire being trained to fight and not having a panic attack, but I can understand why her mother did it.

Okay, I love Daphne, she's a great character, I just hope we see more of her (as with Elle), but I'm in agreeance with mostly everyone her, Hiro is annoying and if that's the way he's going to carry on I can see why Ando kills him in the future.

Mendez's replacement is good, I like how they changed it so that he didn't have to be high to paint the future too, just to support Mohinder's idea that it's different for different people. Although, I don't understand why Matt can do it too, I thought his power was telepathy so how can he use somebody elses power like that? Or was he using the same means the the painter used for his own telepath skills? I need to watch it again. But the paintings are fairly obvious, Matt and Daphne were supposed to have a kid and now she's going to die in his arms instead, I'm guessing that's the partnership foretold in the synopsis for next week's episode?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carousel_girl8 View Post
                                Well Heroes just gets more and more confusing for me lol. I really don't get the Angela/Sylar mother and son storyline I just don't see what this is meant to do, it seems completely pointless. I am also finding Hiro tedious, I wish he had never seen Ando betraying him because I think it has made him very petty and annoying.
                                Yeah, sadly I agree with you on this point. I also cannot for the life of me see where the writers are coming from with the teaming up of Sylar and Noah. They better have a bloody good explanation for Sylars extreme change of heart for a start.

The pacing now is far too fast and at times confusing as well. Heroes used to be a drama with comic book overtones, now it's a comic book with drama overtones, and sadly to me thats doesn't work. It's rapidly turning into a poor mans X men...

On the whole I'm terribly disappointed with this season so far, and feel that If this continues then this show would have definitely lost it as far as I'm concerned.
                                Last edited by sueworld; 19-10-08, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X