Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode 2.04 - "Allison from Palmdale"

SPOILERS!!! WATCH OUT!!!

Man! What a great episode. I was VERY pleased. Levels and levels and levels to Cameron. And even some good stuff with Sarah and even a little bit for John. It was strange to see the roles so skewed: Sarah being nothing but a bed friend, while John chased after a helpless Cameron, trying to save her from herself. And man, didn't anyone feel so sorry for Allison? Also, what does this mean for Cameron!? Does that mean she was NEVER reprogrammed? Oh man. Also, Weaver has a daughter!? What!? Also, also, also, also?
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Winston Churchill

Dude...lots of questions. I have to admit that I am a bit confused about everything. Weaver having a daughter? What's that kid? Another machine or some kind of decoy? The mind boggles. And Alison...hmm...so why was Cameron made to look like her. To infiltrate the human resistance, I guess, since that is what she stated in her conversation with the counselor. But, um, wait, what? So is Cameron not actually on John and Sarah's side? So is her intention/programming to kill John after all?

I enjoyed the ep but I is confuzzled.
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

I know. Great, right? It was really the first episode that introduced the fact that what's obviously going on might not actually be what's going on. I was a little afraid that they would never explain how the hell Skynet still exists, but for the first time I feel like the show creators actually have some sort of plan for these characters, and they are heading toward something big. And I'm REALLY glad that there is this whole different level to Cameron's character. I have to admit, I wasn't expecting it. I had thought from very early that Cameron was actually a human who got fatally injure and ended up being $6 Million Man-ed, and that's what they hinted at all episode. Glad they threw a little twist in there.
      "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Dude. What is up with this show? I love it though, I love not knowing, so many questions and it has me hooked. I wasn't too sure about the last 2 episodes but this episode has me happy.

So Cameron... Allison... A part of me was hoping she wasn't going to be human, but oh well. It was very interesting to have the episode intercut with the present and the past, it reminded me alot of a very dark Veronica Mars episode. Allison was heart breaking and so strong. But it just makes me wonder SO much about Cameron! I hope they go more into it, cause... Did she hide as Allison and then get found out? Did John love Allion... Like Allison. They kept saying John picked her, so there must have been something to them. It makes Cameron's character alot more interesting.

Wow. I think Weaver's kid is like budded off her or something. Can they do that? Maybe she is a robot? Maybe she killed the REAL Weaver and took over her life? Oh this is such an interesting character and I am SO excited for her and Cameron to meet! That will be an epic fight scene!

I really loved the Sarah/Kacy stuff. It really showed a softer side and we've all been talking about how harsh Sarah can be so its great to see that when she needs to be she can be human. I really like Kacy, she is a great human element to the series, she puts things in perspective. Plus I love Busy Philipps, I really liked her in Dawson's Creek.

Also question. How do you guys pronounce Cameron? Do you say the 'E'? Cause when I say it I just say "Camron" and I never realized but when John was talking to her he was stressing the "E" so much, same with the guy who does the opening (which is growing on me)
        DigitalLeonardo
        Somebody Save Me...
        Last edited by DigitalLeonardo; 30-09-08, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Cameron:

I think she was probably reprogrammed.

At least, in an earlier episode, we so a "flash-forward" where the Resistance knew she was a terminator, and said they had reprogrammed her.

So, the infiltration must have failed after all.

By the way, her damage looks more serious by the minute.

Weaver's daughter:

I tend to agree with DigitalLeonardo's point that she (it?) may have killed the real Weaver and taken over her life. She may have killed Weaver's husband as well.

John:

It's interesting that he didn't tell Sarah about Cameron's malfunctioning. Maybe he didn't want her to consider Cameron a liability (which she seems to be, at this point). Not too smart a move, but hey, she's hot.
          EvilVampire
          Hellmouth Tourist
          Last edited by EvilVampire; 30-09-08, 11:01 AM.

Comment

1. Where the heck was Derek in this episode? Not even a throwaway comment to tell us what he was doing.

2. I'm fairly certain, from what has been said, that the terminator killed Catherine Weaver and took her place in the family, so the child is the daughter of the Weavers and presumably (hopefully) doesn't know that a robot has taken her mother's place. I'm guessing that the switch happened at the same time as the helicopter crash that killed the husband.

3. Cameron's arc has taken another massive twist, huh. I was really concerned at first, that they were going to suggest that the human Alison had somehow been turned into a terminator, which seemed pretty impossible from my understanding of the technology. Such a relief to finally be told that, no, the robot was specifically created to impersonate Alison. This backstory, however, presents us with a whole slew of new questions as to John and Cameron's connection in the future. I mean, she infiltrated the camp impersonating Alison but was clearly then caught and re-programmed as Cameron. But that still leaves questions about how important Alison was to futureJohn and how much this affects his interaction with and trust of Cameron.

Oooh - presumably, possibly, though, John's connection with Alison came about because of Cameron, because he remembered her from his past and knew what was going to happen... Man, the time paradoxes are a headache!

4. Man, Cameron is a loose cannon. So much programming and re-programming, and that's just the bits we know about! No wonder damage and/or loose connections cause such meltdowns.

5. I'm rather worried about Casey, the next door neighbour. The bond that Sarah seems to be developing with her, however reluctantly, is exactly the kind of social bond she has taken such care to avoid in the past, for fear of drawing the other person into danger. So...I'm worried about Casey.

6. Interesting to see where Ellison's arc will take him, now that he has entered into cahoots with Catherine Weaver...

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalLeonardo View Post
              Plus I love Busy Philipps, I really liked her in Dawson's Creek.
              Thank you. It's been driving me crazy as to where I know here from....DC. Seriously, it's been bugging me....

Also question. How do you guys pronounce Cameron? Do you say the 'E'? Cause when I say it I just say "Camron" and I never realized but when John was talking to her he was stressing the "E" so much, same with the guy who does the opening (which is growing on me)
              I pronounce it cam-er-on. *shrugs*

Loved, LOVED this episode. I loved seeing Summer showing emotion, and Cameron being Allison at the beginning of the episode was very interesting to watch. She portrayed human very well, and even believed herself to be, and felt the emotions. An interesting notion that a machine would think itself to be automatically human when it's memory is wiped, and not automatically know itself to be a machine. Really brings out some questions as to what type of terminator she is, how she can actually *feel*.

I loved the way the writers toyed with us through the entire episode making us believe the possiblity that Cameron really was Allison gone bionic. I have so many questions about John and Allison's relationship in the future, and now have even more questions than answers about Cameron's behavior in the opener when she told John that she loved him and he loved her. Was it a learned fact from Allison? That I actually doubt, because it doesn't seem to me that Allison was too forth coming about her and John's relationship to Cameron. Or when "Allison" returned to the resistance camp, did a relationship develop between her and John? After Allison's death. Maybe he actually fell for Cameron/Allison? Later discovered her to be a terminator and had her reprogrammed? Maybe that's a hint to Cameron's statement in the second eppy about John not able to be trusted because he fixed her. Maybe he did it before? (or later, as it is in the future....oooh, brain pain).

Eh, way too much supposition....

What is up with the kid? That is too weird. I too think I'm in the camp that she took over this woman's life. But wouldn't it be weird if this model could reproduce somehow? kooky.

So now I'm super pumped for the next episode. I have to admit, the last episode was a bit slow for me, but this one really piqued my interest.
              sigpic

Comment

Did Weaver's child ever actually do anything, other than sit there mechanically filling in a Sudoku puzzle? Did she speak, or acknowledge Ellison's existence, or give any signs of possessing conscious thought? Because I can't remember any, and that does suggest that she may be an automaton budded off from the T-1001.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilVampire View Post
                  At least, in an earlier episode, we so a "flash-forward" where the Resistance knew she was a terminator, and said they had reprogrammed her.

So, the infiltration must have failed after all.
                  It will be interesting to learn more about this. I mean there is so many different ways this can go. Either she came in and told John the truth and John was just so in love with Allison that he accepted this, or they did reprogram her, or there is just something else. This is why Reese HAS to be in the next episode, he would know, and I want to know.

It's interesting that he didn't tell Sarah about Cameron's malfunctioning. Maybe he didn't want her to consider Cameron a liability (which she seems to be, at this point). Not too smart a move, but hey, she's hot.
                  It is so confusing to watch John do what he does. He knows this is so dangerous and that at the moment Cameron can really flip at any point. And I think this may turn out just horridly wrong (and maybe why Cameron was sent back... a warning? a lesson?) Oh time travel how you confuse.

Originally posted by Llywela View Post
                  1. Where the heck was Derek in this episode? Not even a throwaway comment to tell us what he was doing.
                  Haha, do you remember the days when a person was in the main cast that would mean they would be in every episode? Aww... the old days...

2. I'm fairly certain, from what has been said, that the terminator killed Catherine Weaver and took her place in the family, so the child is the daughter of the Weavers and presumably (hopefully) doesn't know that a robot has taken her mother's place. I'm guessing that the switch happened at the same time as the helicopter crash that killed the husband.
                  I fear for this little girl if she is INFACT Weaver's child. She could be an important part of the future. Maybe she aided John? Maybe she is a future allie to the him? Maybe Weaver is trying to influience this little girl so that she will fight against John? It would be so interesting to see a flash-forward of this little girl in the future and see if she does infact have a role to play and since they couldn't kill Sarah Connor, they went after this little girl?

Oooh - presumably, possibly, though, John's connection with Alison came about because of Cameron, because he remembered her from his past and knew what was going to happen... Man, the time paradoxes are a headache!
                  Dude... Don't even bring up these questions. Our heads will just explode, just imagine what they can do with these time paradoxes! I mean... ugh I'm not even gunna think of it!

5. I'm rather worried about Casey, the next door neighbour. The bond that Sarah seems to be developing with her, however reluctantly, is exactly the kind of social bond she has taken such care to avoid in the past, for fear of drawing the other person into danger. So...I'm worried about Casey.
                  I had this fear too. I fear Casey and her child will be drawn into this messed up game Sarah and John are playing and it will lead to some ultimate tragedy. Either with her or her son. It pains me to see Sarah get close, but then on the other hand its great too see Sarah actually care and too show that she was there at one point. I think she will try hard to give Casey the life she had wish she had... As best as she can.

Originally posted by LRae12 View Post
                  Thank you. It's been driving me crazy as to where I know here from....DC. Seriously, it's been bugging me....
                  Haha! She was pretty good on Dawson's Creek. I really loved her and it is so cool that she is actually doing something (I didn't reconize her either... She is a bit more pregnant then she was on DC )

What is up with the kid? That is too weird. I too think I'm in the camp that she took over this woman's life. But wouldn't it be weird if this model could reproduce somehow? kooky.
                  See if she could, it would just be so strange. And so cool, and open up questions like... How much can this "bud" do? Does she have motor skills and other such things or is she just a standby... Maybe she is a hologram! Ohh that is futureistic

Originally posted by stormwreath View Post
                  Did Weaver's child ever actually do anything, other than sit there mechanically filling in a Sudoku puzzle? Did she speak, or acknowledge Ellison's existence, or give any signs of possessing conscious thought? Because I can't remember any, and that does suggest that she may be an automaton budded off from the T-1001.
                  Again this is the question that is being asked and wondered. The girl doesn't move or even speak. She is a bit scary, cause you just don't know. Maybe she is a terminator as well. Child-model? Hmm, how scary. Maybe sent to kill some kids? It would be less suspisious for a child terminator to be stalking around a school then an adult.

Comment

I thought this episode was AWESOME!!! I loved every single minute of it. T:SCC is doing very well this year and I have a feeling it's going to be around for a long time! YES!

Well I loved seeing Cameron as a small meek girly-girl. When I saw those flashbacks I was a little confused. Like others have been saying in this thread, this episode was confusing, but that's good because they have to explore more, which that means more episodes! The thing I don't get is why Cameron was acting like Allison. Allison isn't apart of her in anyway besides the whole looking like her part. I was thinking maybe they probably gave her Allison's memories so Cameron ca pass as her?

I have to say Allison was amazing and I really wanted her to live. I felt so bad for her situation. Summer did a awesome job!

I loved seeing John running after Cameron trying to fine her and I love the fact that Cameron freaked out on him because she didn't know him. I think John looked kind of hurt by that.

I have to say I really liked Sarah in this episode. I loved seeing her at the hospital and nurturing someone. I thought that was cute. I think this episode was GREAT!
                    East Wick Season Two -Coming Soon-

Banner By: Pandora's Box

Comment

It certainly was one of the stronger episodes thus far. It kept me intrigued. I am still confused about Cameron. To me, the most logical assumption is that she was designed to look like Alison and become an infiltrator of the resistance. And in our present timeline her goal is still infiltration. It makes the "override" command we saw in the premiere make more sense. Her mission is indeed to kill John eventually.

That's what makes sense to me based on the info we have atm. I would hate for that to be so but it certainly does make for some drama.
                      sigpic
                      follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

It could also possible make some sense regarding Reese's animosity toward Cameron- regardless of whether or not he thinks she is reprogrammed, if he knew Allison, then he would absolutely hate looking at Cameron. It's nothing we have evidence for yet, per se, but I think it makes sense.

Comment

That's a good point. I'm still extremely interested in what the hell happened in the "Music Room" during the flash-forward Reese episode. I know it has something to do with Cameron, but I don't know what.

Comment

Originally posted by Veverka View Post
                            It could also possible make some sense regarding Reese's animosity toward Cameron- regardless of whether or not he thinks she is reprogrammed, if he knew Allison, then he would absolutely hate looking at Cameron. It's nothing we have evidence for yet, per se, but I think it makes sense.
                            I think it would be AWESOME if Derek and Allison were involved. (And Vev, I'm assuming you mean Derek, since Reese is dead... ) Either way, it does add to the look on BAG's face in the dancing episode while watching Cameron dance. Wouldn't that just be heart-breaking?
                            sigpic

Comment

I know I'm late, but I forgot to DVR it, so I bought it off iTunes, and I just finished watching it.

But....I loved it. Seriously. I think this is my favorite "Terminator" episode so far. So full of questions! The cutting between the flashforwards and the present time were fantastic, as were the psychology meetings. I loved seeing the backstory of Cameron, or should I say Allison? Plus, Weaver has a kid, and now Ellison has joined Weaver? Cool. Plus, we have some Weaver backstory with the crash and all. The hospital plotline in the episode was slow, but really did it's part. Loved seeing that side of Sarah.

Now for the questions that hopefully you guys can answer some: so, with Cameron...she was made to duplicate Allison....to infiltrate the Resistance base...but John picked her? Why would he pick someone to infiltrate the Resistance base? Is it because he really trusted her? Huh? And, then, Cameron is an evil terminator: made to kill John, just like all the others. Then, why is she working with John now? Is she working with John as an undercover agent for the Terminators? Or was she reprogrammed. Huh? I hope this storyline continues. It's fantastic.

LOVE this episode. Keep up the great work, T:SCC.

Comment

Working...
                              X