Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Office

Hey

Thought I'd start a thread as I didn't see one, did it get deleted?

Did anyone watch the season five premier last night? I thought it was marvellous. After the writers strike the writers seemed to have a really hard time finding their groove but the shows completely back to form in my opinion, it had me laughing out loud throughout.

My favourite moments;

1) Holly rushing up and yelling at Angela only for Kevin to ask "Do you think I'm retarded?" It was hilarious, I expected the gag to continue throughout the season but it was fantastic. I loved Holly's "no.. no!" when she hears Angela having a go at Kevin and *love* Angela's sly "Holly that's highly offensive." It reminded me of when she tried to stir the pot at Michael and Jan's dinner party but telling Jan that she "notices the way Pam looks at him." Such an evil woman

2) The exchange between Jim/Ryan. God I *loathe* Ryan Such a horrid little thing, Jim completely ownd! him in that scene.

RYAN: I don't need a judge to order me to clean up my community

JIM: But he did, didn't he.

Haha, and the abrupt cut to Ryan scribbling in his note book Jim's name so he can get him back when he's "back on top." Priceless, can't wait to see more of that this season.

3) The quite scene of Holly and Michael beat boxing to the camera, it's delightful, I love this new Holly chick! Jim, "they're both such dorks" then it cuts to the two of them, just wonderful! Loved Holly rubbing her jacket together to make DJ sounds And it's so nice to see Michael having someone to be a jackass with, it's great for him

4) And of course.. the proposal. Wonderful! It was really well done and completely unexpected and the acting was spot on. It was so great, we finally got it after all these years! I've never shipped anything in my life, but Jim/Pam have truly won over my heart.

A great, great episode overall, I really enjoyed it. Oh and Jenna Fischer She looked freakin' amazing in this episode, absolutely the most gorgeous woman on television, she's amazing!

Did anyone else watch it?

Vamps

~ Banner by Nina ~

I watched t too. I am not an avid viewer of the show. I watch eps every now and again. I've probably scene 20 or 30 all the way through. But I enjoyed it. The Kelly stuff was hilarious! The tapeworm and her fainting? And the Dwight/Angela stuff made me snicker as well. Oh, Angela...what a crazy lady. And yes, Ryan...what a jerk! I wonder why he's all sucking up to Kelly now? But yes...the proposal was very well done, indeed. I love how it shot from afar and we get no dialogue and how Jim caught her so off guard.

And the weight loss premise had me giggling. The lengths some of them went to...
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

I absolutely adored the premiere. It set up so many good things for this season.

- I love Ryan's character. I know he's an ass, and a horrible person, but I love watching him on screen. I laughed so hard when I realized that he was taking Pam's place. And I'm loving Kelly right now, too; she completely shut him down. You go, girl.

- I hate Angela, though. I loved the "THAT'S how I sleep at night" TH, but other than that, I'm wishing bad things upon her. Hypocritical little...grrr. It's kind of hard to root for Andy, though, because 1) She really does belong with Dwight, and 2) Andy? Not that great of a guy. Although he can be sweet. My favorite line of his-- "Under my Angarella....ellla...ella, ay, ay, ay."

- Jim and Pam will get married and have babies and be happy for ever and ever. Art class kid, you may think you're clever, but you've got nothing on Jim Halpert. If you try anything, I will hunt you down myself. Because proposal = best thing ever.

- I really like Holly, and I think she's a great character. It's believable that she would have feelings for Michael because, as Jim said, she's kind of a dork, but she's not "criminally insane", as some of Michael's past women have been described.

All in all, I think that Season Five shows a lot of promise, and as long as they keep Michael's antics to a minimum, I think this season will be great.
      The story's kinda bland. It's about this guy named Dumbledore Calrissian who needs to return the ring back to Mordor.

Comment

Originally posted by LaJaula View Post
        - I love Ryan's character. I know he's an ass, and a horrible person, but I love watching him on screen. I laughed so hard when I realized that he was taking Pam's place. And I'm loving Kelly right now, too; she completely shut him down. You go, girl.
        Agreed! I always have this love/hate thing going on with him. Most of the time I really do love his character. He's brought me some of my favorite Office moments ever. And I loved how much I hated him last season. (Plus, he was in his mid-twenties...and I don't think he's ever fully processed 9/11...) I mean, he let the power go to his head. I get that. In ways, he's one of my favorite characters. If I worked with him in real life, I'd push him down a flight of stairs. Maybe he really is horrible. But I think his biggest problem is that he's so self-absorbed. Not everybody is like Jim, who always looks out for other people and genuinely cares for them (be it Pam, Dwight, Michael, Kelly, Andy...). Also, I'm a Ryan/Kelly fan at heart. In some twisted ways, they are MY couple. Seriously. I love that Kelly sort of stood up to him, and LOL at her making out with Darryl to annoy Ryan. They WILL find their way back to each other, I SWEAR

I love Angela. But I want to smack her. Dwight/Angela all the way, but OMG ANDY I wanted to give him a big hug. Especially after that big ol' speech that seemed to melt even Angela's heart (even if only for a little while). Yes, I thought he was a pretty disgusting person in s3. But...I'm one of those people who would really like to believe that he's actually trying to make a positive change after the whole anger management thing, rather than putting on yet another act to get ahead. What can I say, I have a thing for characters who aren't so easy to like

OKAY, LOVE THE PROPOSAL. I was not upset when Jim didn't propose in the finale. Because I'm a massive Karen fan. Just kidding. (about Karen being the reason. Not about being a Karen fan. She rules and I kind of worship her.) For one thing, they were still a couple in good standing. They were generally happy, even though Pam's disappointment broke my heart. But really, I liked the gas station proposal in the rain WAY more than the fireworks in the finale. I like that the proposal wasn't attached to somebody else's big party, and that it just had this sentimental thing about it.

Aww, Holly Since they effectively killed my love for Jan in exactly one episode, (which I'm still bitter about btw, because Melora Hardin is absolutely fantastic) I am totally hoping for some good Michael/Holly.

I get so much enjoyment out of rewatching the Creed and Kelly tapeworm talking heads. IDK why. Also...Michael falling down the stairs. And then saying goodbye to Pam.
        would you do anything for me

buy a new diamond ring for me

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
          But yes...the proposal was very well done, indeed. I love how it shot from afar and we get no dialogue and how Jim caught her so off guard.
          Yup I adored it to. You could kind of make out what they were saying but the rain and the cars was overlapping and that made it feel so real and so unique for a television proposal. Really good use of the documentary style genre.

Originally posted by LaJaula View Post
          - Jim and Pam will get married and have babies and be happy for ever and ever. Art class kid, you may think you're clever, but you've got nothing on Jim Halpert. If you try anything, I will hunt you down myself. Because proposal = best thing ever.
          Yeah what was up with that? Are they setting something up or were they just trying to tease us? 'Cause I thought, "Oh here we go competition" but then I was completely blown away by the propsal and the happiness between Pam/Jim. Were they just teasing us so we wouldn't be ready for the proposal?

Originally posted by little albatross View Post
          Agreed! I always have this love/hate thing going on with him. Most of the time I really do love his character. He's brought me some of my favorite Office moments ever. And I loved how much I hated him last season. (Plus, he was in his mid-twenties...and I don't think he's ever fully processed 9/11...) I mean, he let the power go to his head. I get that. In ways, he's one of my favorite characters. If I worked with him in real life, I'd push him down a flight of stairs. Maybe he really is horrible. But I think his biggest problem is that he's so self-absorbed. Not everybody is like Jim, who always looks out for other people and genuinely cares for them (be it Pam, Dwight, Michael, Kelly, Andy...).
          I'm right there with ya, I hate him, but I love to hate him. I don't hate his character in the sense of not wanting to see him on screen, I do, because he's a lot of fun to watch.

Also, I'm a Ryan/Kelly fan at heart. In some twisted ways, they are MY couple. Seriously. I love that Kelly sort of stood up to him, and LOL at her making out with Darryl to annoy Ryan. They WILL find their way back to each other, I SWEAR
          Agreed! Personally I want Kelly to stay strong But given how she's trying to make him jealous with Darryl, it's obvious she's still invested in Ryan.

Aww, Holly Since they effectively killed my love for Jan in exactly one episode, (which I'm still bitter about btw, because Melora Hardin is absolutely fantastic) I am totally hoping for some good Michael/Holly.
          Yeah we need more Jan! That's the one thing I didn't like about their breakup, it's cut down Jan's screen time in a big way. I was even hoping that Corporate asked her back after Ryan was fired, but alas no

Oh and did anyone else just crack up over this line?

MICHALE: All she does is sit at her desk answering phones all day

PAM: The nerve?

Pam's such a delight when she's snarky

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Alright, so I found "Business Ethics" to be another solid episode. I abso-frickin'-lutely loved Jim's Battlestar Galactica conversation with Andy. "Yeah, it's about this guy, Dumbledore Calrissian, and he has to take the One Ring to Mordor..." And watching Dwight's face was priceless.

There was a lack of Pam in this episode, but I thought it was fine. The premiere was heavy on the Jam stuff, so it's nice to see the focus switch back to the office itself. And since Meredith was hardly in the premiere at all, she gets some much-needed screentime in this one. I love the fact that she sees nothing wrong with taking coupons for sex. "Have you ever had sirloin steak?" But that leads to what I found the most interesting about this episode, if maybe not the most comical: Michael and Holly's disagreement over the office environment. Michael sees the office as a family, but Holly's completely right when she tells him that, no, it's a workplace, where people don't really get second chances. (Unless you're Ryan.) However, I was proud of Michael when he still stood up for her in the end, and while I'm not optimistic about Holly's future on the show, I'm still hoping that this will lead to Molly goodness.
            The story's kinda bland. It's about this guy named Dumbledore Calrissian who needs to return the ring back to Mordor.

Comment

I thought it was a very funny ep too. I think my fave part was Jim talking to Andy--as you wrote, LaJaula--about Battlestar as Dwight listens on. It was totally killing him. I don't watch every ep of this show but I've seen plenty of eps and for me, the best stuff is the Jim-Dwight interplay. I just love how Jim teases him mercilessly and Dwight is always so clueless about it.

Yeah, and the coupons for sex was also of the funny. The fact that Meredith isn't even phased by the wrongness of it is classic. I love all the peripheral characters. They all add such a lovely quirkiness to the show!
              sigpic
              follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Can't believe I never commented on this episode! It wasn't as good as the premier but it was still, very, very good. I loved Michael and Holly's introduction dance for her seminar, it had me laughing out loud. The two are such dorks, I love the Michael/Jan relation but I can't help but find these two so adorable, for all the different reasons Michael/Jan are fun.

I really felt sorry for Holly when she gets blasted by her boss, it's so humiliating for her and she was justified in her response, even if, like Michael, I can't help but view Dunder Mifflin's employees as a family too. It's really nice of Michael to sympathise with her and help her out.

No Pam this episode which sucked Hope it doesn't happen a lot! Though the announcement of Pam/Jim's engagement was priceless, what a negative annoying bunch I loved Andy's "what's your play tuna?" and Dwight's "she's not a virgin you know."

A great episode, can't wait for this weeks!

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Working...
                X