• Show
Clear All

• Grey's Anatomy Season Five (spoilers)

Oh, it's a guilty pleasure, isn't it.
    And it's back!

(I'm a happy girl.)

And I loved it.
    Episode one
    It started a little slow, but kinda got the groove back. The patients storyline did nothing for me, I have to say, but the main cast was cool. And the army doctor was awesome, I'm always ready for someone who can make an impact on Cristina.

And most of all, I was interested with the way they took the Callie/Erica storyline- both deciding they were kind of virgins- and surprised, since I thought that they would have decided that Erica had been with women before.

Opening with Derek dying really freaked me out and I was glad it was a dream sequence. I was somewhat confused, I have to say.

And one of my biggest complaints post season two is the way that Izzie was almost to have too easily gotten over Denny, it was cool to have him not only mentioned, but also kind of good to see him in a fantasy kind of sequence.

I hope hope hope that the whole mission statement the chief made at the end really was a mission statement for the show and they will stick to it, since in the beginning Grey's was so neat and then it fell into horrible cycles of repetition.

1. Yeah, I also like the army doctor guy. I love all his lines where he's like "So?" Very flirtatious and forthright.

2. Cristina being impaled by an icicle. I liked that scene. Yes!!!! Someone please Mer to shut the hell up!

3. So I had no idea Rose was psycho. I guess she didn't either!

4. Yeah, I thought Erica was a lesbian. She just came off that way because she never took an interest in anyone except Callie.

5. Stupid Alex. What a jerk he was at the end...that look he gave Izzie? Chilling.

6. Liked the Chief stuff. I hope this improving the hospital stuff will be a running story this season because the show needs a deeper focus than the soapy relationship stuff, imo.

7. I like Katherine Heigl's new hair.

8. I don't think Mer will ever do anything but annoy me. :/

9. I kinda wanted to know what was up with the clinic and Izzie being in control of it. I guess they will get back to that soon. This was just an opener, after all.

That's all I got for now.
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

I just watched these two eps and I have to say I found them quite boring. They certainly did not make me wanna watch more of season 5, which might be a good thing since I have been trying to quit this show ever since the sucktastic season 3.

Thoughts on episodes 5.01/5.02:

- I really liked the army doctor guy as well. He and Cristina had great chemistry and I hope he will reconsider and take the job at Seattle Grace. Loved how he left Cristina looking stunned after having kissed her, it takes quite a bit to stun Cristina!

- I loved the flirtacious energy and friendship between Izzie and Alex at the beginning and hated the way Alex behaved at the end. Geez he must be really insecure in his manhood if he feels this threatened by having had a woman seen him cry.

- Wait what? Hahn is not a lesbian? That came kinda out of the blue for me, I always assumed she was. She seemed way less freaked out than Callie in season 4 so it smells a bit of ret-con to me that she now suddenly is.

- The Derek dying scene at the beginning was a cheap shot by Shonda. I did not believe for one second that they would kill off McDreamy so I knew right from the start that it must be a dream, so I didn't really buy that whole scene.

- Cristina telling Meredith to shut up was made of AWESOME!!! I was practically cheering at that point.

- What was up with that Denny flashback? Not that I don't enjoy seeing Jeffrey Dean Morgan on the show but that kinda came out of the blue as well. Or was this Shonda's not so subtle way of reintroducing the Denny character? I really hope she is not considering bringing up the Denny as a ghost storyline again because that one really sucked!

- The Lexie/George storyline is not very interesting. The storyline of the patients of the week also did not really hold my interest.

So overall, I wasn't exactly blown by this season premiere.

Comment

Hum, what happened to the show I used to ship no matter what? Hum, it used to be so fresh, funny and strong. After the two incredible seasons that ended in a wonderful finale (sniff, Denny). I had difficulties with season 3 but it was ok and well, let's not talk about season 4.

Now, I was bored, really bored while watching the episode. The three girls plot was feeling quite deja-vu and I want to see more of the other characters. I can't stand Mer anymore. I'm so glad Cristina told her to shut up for good. The "flashforward" scene was coming out of nowhere to me and highly uneccessary.

Overall, the only good things have already been mentionned here.
        1.Cristina/Military Doc
        2.Hahn and Callie. I loved how they talk about them being virigins and all, it's cute and unexpected.
        3.Izzie was good here. Not annoying, not S3/4 Izzie. Almost season 5. Yet, as much as I love Denny. Talking about him again is really awkward. Why can't they go on to another story instead of coming back to him after the surreal seasons 3 and 4 where she almost forgot about him in a blink? I don't know, it's lazy from the staff.

Overall, I'll keep watching, still like the show at some level but I'm still waiting for the season that will make me buy DVDs again...sad...
        "Trust the Tale, not the Teller"
        Tumblr // Smugmug // Twitter

Comment

How come no-one's mentioning the brilliance that is McSteamy?! I love his "special kind of idiot from the island of idiots" or whatever it was he said to George! Spot on! And "Dr. Gray is there anything you want to say, to anyone in here?" Hahahahaha!!! He was definitely the high-point of this episode.

I also liked Christina/Army Dude. It's about time she gets some! I so hope he'll return Her being impaled was also hilarious! Hihihi... I luuurve her.

Rose was also hilarious. Or rather, Derek was hilarious because of Rose. When he pulls the "Maybe we should just get married"-joke on Mer then says "Wanna know how I learned that. It goes with the (whatever he said about his hand injury - my memory is far from perfect) story". I love him. Meredith is boring and predictable though. She used to be un-predictable - why oh why did she have to become so emotionally unstable? Though I have to say, I'm impressed - Mer/Der managed to go through two episodes without breaking up!

Is anyone surprised Alex reacted that way? He's the most insecure messed up person in the show! Though I really like the Izzie/Alex arch, and since Izzie is the most forgiving person on the planet I'm sure they'll make up sometime soon. I seriously think Izzie is one of few who could make Alex "whole" - not necessarily by a sexual relationship though.

Comment

Well, I have to say, I watch tv for character development, over movies, that is. Give me a choice between movies and tv, and I choose tv. But... at Grey's, every character development that is taken is one step forward and two back. As for example Alex. OMFG. Really. This is the biggest flaw in the whole series, I have to say.

Originally posted by Creamy Coolness
            Yet, as much as I love Denny. Talking about him again is really awkward. Why can't they go on to another story instead of coming back to him after the surreal seasons 3 and 4 where she almost forgot about him in a blink? I don't know, it's lazy from the staff.
            Mm, totally. Coz now it gets to the point that it is a long time later and now it's not cool. They should have dealt in season three and now she can move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Veverka View Post
              Mm, totally. Coz now it gets to the point that it is a long time later and now it's not cool. They should have dealt in season three and now she can move on.
              Indeed, it was silly on their part at first cause the character, Izzie, was at that time really loved among the fan. Season 3 & 4 brought us an insecure and despising bitca. I can't get over that and look at the end of the episode and feel the way I'd have felt considering these seasons never existed.

Not only is it too late for it cause of unrealistic delayed post-death issues but it's also a waste of a character. She used to be one of the reason I watched this show. Her and George. Guess you know now why I'm so disappointed with it

I still stand by my convictions in saying that there's no harm in stopping a show that is in success. I can still stop it at season 2 and believe the rest never happened. So many talents wasted in this show...

Yet, Cristina is decent and made me laught out loud for saying what we all think : shut the f*ck up MER !

Comment

Episode two!

Overall the ep was okay. The scene at the end where the chief made the effort to make sure George got to take his exam was good, but it shouldn't have taken him that long to work things out in terms of both the flood and George.

The whole Der/Mer/roommates sitch was a bit annoying. I mean, really, boyfriend moves in and then the discussion takes place? Not so much.

But the moments between Callie and Erica, those I liked. Enough to want to watch next week.

Lexi was pretty cute, Mark was one dimensional and arrogant and Bailley was good, but didn't get enough to work with.
                Veverka
                Detective
                Last edited by Veverka; 12-10-08, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Actually, this is my favorite episode in a very long time, despite the ridiculousness of a hospital remaining open even though their surgical floor is ready to collapse and fill with water. Come on, that would never happen! But I enjoyed most of it. I really liked Jim Ortlieb's character and the way Alex spoke to him. I think one of my fave parts was the beginning where they are all in the lecture hall and the Chief is describing his new plan. Needed to be done. That place has been far too lax for too long. Meredith stills annoys me to death, so whatever. I have been over her for ages.
                  sigpic
                  follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

I still feel like the relationship between Derek and Meredith are in the same place it was before. I almost wish Rose had been pregnant! I think some more time apart for Dere and Mere would have been the magic bean there! Bring back McVet! Let them both explore new partners before bringing them together again.

I thought a "McKid" was supposed to enter the show?? The Army guy is WAY off for a McKid! Unless we haven't seen the McKid they are talking about.

However I did like the chemistry between he and Christina. And his interactions w/Derek and the others was very interesting! He will definitely challenge them out of the medicine box!

The chemistry for George and Lexi is the BEST yet! This 'ship is so much more appealing!! He and Izzie were so mismatched!

Right now I can't decide between the Alex/Izzie 'ship and the hope for a McSteamy/Izzie 'ship. And they keep throwing Lexie in there every once in a while to "mix up" the odds...

I just think Alex and Izzie are so sweet together! I love how he scooped her up after Denny died and how she was there for him after "what's-her-name" cracked. They have such an angsty goodness about them!

But the McSteamy/Izzie potential could be very hott! However, the writers haven't thrown any bonz in that direction for quite a while.

The story lines have been pretty interesting so far. I've always like Grey's for their crazy medical storylines! The "unlikeliness" of any of the cases we have seen walking through a hospital door is crazy appealing for me!

I've also liked the way the Chief has changed the learning protocol for the residents and interns. It has put characters like Christina back in the mix for true character development.
                    -TP<3
                    "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                    - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePoet's<3 View Post
                      I thought a "McKid" was supposed to enter the show?? The Army guy is WAY off for a McKid! Unless we haven't seen the McKid they are talking about.
                      Ah, I could see where you would be confused. Kevin McKidd is actually the name of the actor who played that army dude.
                      sigpic

Comment

Well, the episode was entertaining. Pretty much like one of season 1/2. I liked the Callie/Eric interactions with McSteamy, this guy is stealing the show. Thank God they brought him here. I really really really love him. He's a good relief with all the pseudo drama around. Especially MerDer

I agree with previous posts, I think George/Lexi are really cute together. Another note, I think they trying to bring us to love Izzie again. She was almost touching me here which didn't happen since mid-season 3 when she started to be a bitca.

The most incredible part was, as Jenni Lou stated, that an hospital would never be open in such a mess. Besides, how come it started in the first time? The water appeared like from nowhere, they surely should hired some sort of Mulder/Scully FBI couple to check their hospital. Like nobody would see a little leak at first they should pay they plumber a bit more...Anyway, highly unlikely but so much fun for even believing it would be credible.

Comment

Hmm, I'm not getting any joy out of the George/Lexie pairing. I like Lexie, even though she's an idiot, but George does nothing for me anymore. I haven't been able to like the character at all since the Gizzie fiasco. His storyline is dull, and I feel like he's just taking up valuable screentime.

I'm very interested in whatever is going on with Mark and Lexie. Are they planning on coupling them up? I'm not sure how I feel about that. They're definitely fun to watch together though.

The Chief is having a ridiculous reaction to the drop in the rankings. I liked his interaction with Bailey. Glad she knocked some sense into him. She should be Chief instead.

I love Dr. Wyatt, hope she continues to appear every now and again. Perhaps Cristina could use an appointment or two herself? (To be honest, is there any character that shouldn't be sitting on her couch?) I want to see one of her sessions with Hahn as well.

Callie and Erica continue to be completely adorable. Give them some more screentime! Callie/Erica/Mark have great chemistry as a trio too, so I hope he stays somewhat involved with them, but the guy needs a storyline of his own. His friendship with Callie is nice, and I like watching him and Erica banter (though she doesn't seem to be in the mood when the topic comes to her feelings for Callie. That's strangely cute).

From the CTV promo, it seems like I might get that wish next week. Callie mentions that she and Erica are going on a date. I hope we actually see it. Also, Callie asking Bailey for sex advice is potentially hilarious. Totally looking forward to that scene.

Did anyone else want to deck McDreamy in this episode? How he went about trying to get Meredith to dispose of her roommates was terrible. I disliked him more than Izzie, which is really saying something.

I didn't really see the point of this being another big disaster episode, especially straight off the heels of the freak storm/'Cristina and her magic icicle' two-partner. Enough with it. Just give us some normal patients getting treatment in normal situations.

Comment

My channel is gonna start airing season five November, 20th. And I gotta say that I?m a little curious to see it, although season four was a disappointment.

Comment

News flash!

So, has anyone heard the news? Brooke Smith was fired, and now there are bunch of rumors: some say that ABC and Shonda Rhimes were too scared to follow a lesbian storyline, others say the actresses didn?t have chemistry and others say that she was fired for playing a gay character. It just means that Grey?s anatomy is never far away from controversy!

I never liked Erica Hahn myself, and seeing her with Callie made me shudder but she shouldn?t leave like that.

Comment

I'm pretty annoyed by this. I find it absurd the way the realistic storylines are knocked back and the stupid ones that should have been buried are ressurected- Mer/Der, Izzy/Denny (hello! He's dead! Move on GA!)...

There are so many other shows at the moment that are so much better- including Private Practice, which looks to have really surpassed big sister, so... yes, all hope I had in the beginning of the season has been mostly lost.

Comment

I read that awhile back. I don't think it was Shonda's call. It sounded as is the was the network's mandate. Sounds shady to me. They could have let it play out better.

I dunno, I am enjoying this season more than the past two. I found this whole Denny thing beyond strange. But I was surprised by how little I was annoyed by it. On the one hand, move on! And on the other, it opens up some nice emotional stuff for the Izzie/Alex relationship. He's genuinely trying to be good for her. And that's cool.

And I was thinking that this whole intern secret society was a bit too Flatliners. Something tells me this is not going to end well.

And yay for Mary McDonnell! She rules all. I couldn't see her being on GA for a multi-ep arc but she was eally good and I love how she called Bailey out at the end.

Last thing I actually like a lot this year? Callie and Sloane. You can see why he was Derek's best friend now! He's honest and supportive and I really like their friendship a lot.

Things that annoys me the most? Meredith. Still. grrr. Boo-hoo your mommy's dead and you never got her validation. Suck it up! This storyline is like Denny's...won't die. Losing a parent is terrible--and I know from experience--but you don't see George still freaking out. Get over it and put her journals away.
                                  sigpic

Comment

Here's a theory of mine concerning the recent Izzie/Denny...development? I don't even know if that's a good word for it.

Spoiler:
                                    Am I the only thinking that Shonda Rhimes never trashed that "Izzie has a brain tumor" storyline? To me, it seems like the only plausible explanation for Izzie hallucinating Denny - which is exactly what it is. He's dead. Gone. We KNOW that. Izzie KNOWS that. And yet she's now convinced he's with her and is not only talking to him but kissing him, too?

I also remember reading that last week was supposed to open up the door for Katherine Heigl to leave at the end of the season if she wants to. The Denny hallucinations really started last week. If they go the brain tumor route, Izzie doesn't have to die at the end of the season if Heigl doesn't wanna leave the show. They can just have her going through treatment and whatnot and then, maybe next season kill her off. Plus, look at how much drama THAT would cause.

-Derek operating on Izzie.
                                    -One of the hospital's own is suffering from a fatal illness.
                                    -Alex would be losing yet another woman in his life.
                                    -Denny + Izzie = Together for ever.
                                    -AND Katherine Heigl wouldn't have to complain about the show anymore! THAT'S controversy, my friends. Though, seriously, it WOULD give her a phenomenal storyline that I do feel she could pull off if she puts all her effort into it.

I dunno. I don't see any other end to this Izzie/Denny plotline without a tumor, a mental hospital, or death coming into play.

Oh, and I liked the idea of Hahn getting killed off and her heart getting given to the patient she was fighting so hard to save - and that led to her quitting the Seatle Grace. It's a better sendoff than just saying "Hahn's gone."

Though, I'm totally shipping Callie/Mark now... And the triangle of friendship between them and Cristina is actually really fun and enjoyable. Cristina's reaction to Callie/Hahn was hysterical, too, by the way.

Meredith is better this season, but she DOES need to move on. It's like: "I thought she got over her mother LAST season? Why is she still dealing with this nonsense?"

Izzie/Alex are both far more likeable and I really like the storyline with Cristina and Owen Hunt. I'm glad he's a regular.

WOO! for Bailey and President Roslin...err...Dr. Virgina Dixon. "I don't think I like this hospital very much. I don't like this hospital at all." I hear ya, Little Miss Aspbergers. I hear ya. And kudos to Mary McDonnell for totally rocking last night!

And I'm equally happy to see Melissa George return to television (and ABC, for that matter). She's so awesome, though Sadie has yet to really grab my attention. It might happen soon, though, what with her involvement in the underground intern training. And might I add that Lil Grey has grown on me, too?

I'm not fond of Derek, Chief, or George this season, though. They're just...boring, frustrating, or just flat-out annoying.

But I agree with Jenni Lou. This has been the best season since season 2.
                                    wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

I've read the Izzie has a brain tumor rumors for awhile now. I thought that couldn't be the case because they've been out there for so long that the writers would scrap that idea. They've done it before with other storylines that got leaked. But it is a plausible explanation. And I'm not spoiler-fonting because it's not a spoiler. It's simple speculation based on what we know. And would explain a lot. And would cause a lot of drama indeed, as Heather wrote.

I like the Chief a lot but I suspect that is probably because I like James Pickens Jr. He be cool. But I will concur that he has been grating me a bit this year. His whole obsession with improving his rankings has compromised his judgment.

And dude, Heather, I will ship Mark/Callie with you! Isn't it funny how I wouldn't ship them when they were actually semi-together and now that their friendship shines so brightly I like them?

Ah, me loves Melissa George too. But I sort of don;t like Sadie. She seems....loopy. We'll see though. 'Cause I do loves me some pretty, pretty Melissa.
                                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
                                        I've read the Izzie has a brain tumor rumors for awhile now. I thought that couldn't be the case because they've been out there for so long that the writers would scrap that idea. They've done it before with other storylines that got leaked. But it is a plausible explanation. And I'm not spoiler-fonting because it's not a spoiler. It's simple speculation based on what we know. And would explain a lot. And would cause a lot of drama indeed, as Heather wrote.
                                        True, and that's part of the reason why I'm doubting myself. But I'm struggling to come up with any other plausible explanations. My mother, who also watches the show and calls me right afterwards to talk about it, says that on "General Hospital" there was a storyline that involved a guy with a brain tumor that caused him to hallucinate and see his dead girlfriend and he kissed her and held her and did all these things like she was really there. Perhaps it's the same route?

I remember how Cristina was supposed to be the lesbian/bisexual character until THAT got leaked and it got transfered to Callie. Maybe Shonda, who dismissed the Izzie-with-a-brain-tumor storyline publicly but is notorious for her lies, just reconstructed the idea? I don't know.

I like the Chief a lot but I suspect that is probably because I like James Pickens Jr. He be cool. But I will concur that he has been grating me a bit this year. His whole obsession with improving his rankings has compromised his judgment.

And dude, Heather, I will ship Mark/Callie with you! Isn't it funny how I wouldn't ship them when they were actually semi-together and now that their friendship shines so brightly I like them?

Ah, me loves Melissa George too. But I sort of don;t like Sadie. She seems....loopy. We'll see though. 'Cause I do loves me some pretty, pretty Melissa.
                                        The Chief: That's EXACTLY why I dislike him this season. He's lost his integrity and my respect for him because of this whole ranking ordeal. I get WHY he's so focused on it, but I don't think she should be. And it's really hurting my liking for the character.

Mark/Callie: I know! It's totally weird! I've never NOT liked them together (in any way shape or form) but now it's like...official. Him holding her in the OR while she cries was just...so touching. Though I hope he hooks up with Callie in a REAL relationship and not with Lexie. I like Lexie and all, but she's better by herself.

Melissa George: She's magnificent. Though, could anyone tell if she was speaking with an accent or if she was hiding it? I could never tell. In any case, I just feel like Sadie's off...I wouldn't necessarily say she was loopy but she was definitely very out of it. But she's still got potential. I'm glad she's sticking around for at least 11 episodes - with the possibility of even more.
                                        wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

Working...
                                        X