8.02 Plastique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8.02 Plastique

So, I've had a while to prepare myself for the lack of Oliver in this episode. So bear with me.

DAVIS IS A CHLARK FAN!!! XD

Okay, no seriously though. I LIKE HIM. And this time, it's not even (JUST) for his looks He's charming, not annoying, and mistakes Clark and Chloe for an engaged couple OH YES, and he wakes up in strange alleys. I fully support that. AND YOU KNOW WHAT? I can't WAIT for more Davis/Chloe action. Yeah, I said it. I'm for it. Until he's takes a villainous turn, at least. OH, who am I kidding. I'll probably still like it

Anyway...Thank you Lois. This is why I love you. United Front Against Flannel? Y/y! Actually, I'm sure we can come up with a better name that makes an awesome-r acronym. AND LMFAO. Making Clark change in a PHONE BOOTH

Also why I love Lois: "I can't believe my cousin is getting married...to Jimmy." AND THEN SHE MAKES AN AWESOME FACE. Aww, this Chloe/Jimmy engagement is breaking my Chlark-y heart. Well...I GUESS it's not harming anybody at the moment. But Clark's all like "Chloe's happiness is one of the most important things EVAR." I know he can't rely on the girl forever. And they're going to have to wrap up her story, one way or another... But...well...BAH! Anyway, I think I can come to terms with Lois (not!Chloe) reporter now. Or soon. I guess I'll have to, now that she is actually moving on to new things. Plus, I love that scene towards the end, where Lois said that she was more proud of uncovering the truth than she was of getting her front page story. (LOL at her edit of Clark's obit.)

Cutting the Chlark gushing off...I didn't really take much interest in the actual Bette story. I mean, a bit boring. But still TESS! AT THE END. I already love the interactions she's had with Clark and with Lois. You know that she's bad news, but she's still got a certain likability for me (in a "yippee for tough ass-kicking chick in charge" kind of way).

IDK if the promo for next week's ep needs to go in tags, but
    Spoiler:
    LMFAO, Ollie looks like Robin Hood in the promo for next episode. Not just like the way he was dressed up in costume for Wither. But like the Robin Hood in weird wtf-living-in-the-forest clothes I've grown accustomed to in the past few months.
    would you do anything for me

buy a new diamond ring for me

DUDE! Clark was totally upset when Chloe said things would change between them after she got married. Chloe said it so that Clark would have the opportunity to say he really cared about her. But Clark, the silly goose, sucks up all his courage and hides his jealousy and sadness because thats what he thinks CHLOE WANTS!

I was SO SAD. Clark hiding his true feelings. And Chloe still thinking he doesn't really care.

And...o...m...g...Davis was better than I could have hoped! Which is impressive considering how excited I have been about Witwer joining.

My heart was bursting with all Davis's confidence and compassion. And I was totally endeared by the slight feeling he gave off of always just too late or just on the outside.

It hurt so much when Davis realized that Chloe was already taken. And how silly he felt for believing that such an amazing woman wouldn't be taken. CHLOELOVE!!!

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

CLARK WITHOUT FLANNEL!!!!

OK, so now that that's taken care of... I really liked this episode. Granted, I didn't like it as much as the last one (lack of Ollie being the dominating factor), but it was a good episode. I really think the quality has gone up with this season! All the Clois action As J.j. pointed out - the phone booth! I always love me good ol' Superman reference There was another comment I totally loved but it's slipped my mind... Oh yeah! The "kill for an obit" one! HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I Lois!

I can't bring myself to like Davis. He's just got that shneaky aura around him that makes me unable to trust him. It's just icky. Also I think I would've liked the new LuthorCorp person if she wasn't hitting on Clark. He's so na?ve, I just know he's going to fall right into her claws (which probably has poisonous nail polish - come to think of it all nail polish are sort of poisonous, I wouldn't eat it anyway...). Because I love strong women. I just don't like it when they confuse the oh so confusable Clark Kent. For a strong superhero he's very easily confounded

Can't wait for the next episode...
      Spoiler:
      ...with Ollie!!! Wooot wooot!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Signe View Post
        CLARK WITHOUT FLANNEL!!!!

OK, so now that that's taken care of... I really liked this episode. Granted, I didn't like it as much as the last one (lack of Ollie being the dominating factor), but it was a good episode. I really think the quality has gone up with this season! All the Clois action As J.j. pointed out - the phone booth! I always love me good ol' Superman reference There was another comment I totally loved but it's slipped my mind... Oh yeah! The "kill for an obit" one! HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I Lois!
        The phone booth was utter love! AAAhhhh!!! I was actually really impressed how eager Lois was to take Clark under her wing and to try and help him. She is usually so competitive or at least wants credit for all she does. It was nice to see her being so generous and actually like a real caring friend to Clark.

I agree that the quality has gone up. Emotions feel more genuine. Perhaps because most are friendships and having been together so long, that's not hard to fake. As compared to, oh say, schoolboy crush on the same girl after seven years. I think the Jimmy/Chloe stuff is the only time I'm yawning.

HA. Kill for an obit! Though in Smallville/Metropolis that might be a bit excessive since there always seems to be plenty of mysterious deaths.

He's so na?ve, I just know he's going to fall right into her claws (which probably has poisonous nail polish - come to think of it all nail polish are sort of poisonous, I wouldn't eat it anyway...). Because I love strong women.

I just don't like it when they confuse the oh so confusable Clark Kent. For a strong superhero he's very easily confounded
        Clark! Awww, poor guy, all befuddled by the ladies. I guess it's true about how if one sense is gone, the others make up for it. Because if his guile detector is completely absent leaving him open to broken hearts that would explain his physical invulnerability.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Yay I enjoyed this episode a lot! Yes there was sadly a lack of Ollie but there were plenty of good things making up for that.

First off, Chloe! Once again she was awesome. Being there for Bette, having some incredible chemistry with Davies, finding a new career path for herself (restarting the Isis foundation), being wary about telling Clark about her engagement to Jimmy, googling Davies (such classic Chloe behaviour! ), she just rocked throughout the episode!

Secondly, Davies! I love seeing Sam Witwer on the show. It's always fun to see TV actors from different shows on another show (if that made any sense). As I said above, the chemistry between Davies and Chloe was great, I enjoyed all their scenes together so much and I hope we will get many more as the season unfolds. Of course very curious about what all that waking up naked in an alley means!

Thirdly, Chlark! I agree with Lyn, I could have kicked Clark that he did not tell Chloe how he really felt when Chloe told him that things would be different between them after she got married to Jimmy. I love that Chloe's engagement makes Clark so sad but he should have done something about it, he should have spoken up. He was on the right track with his "we are more than just friends, Chloe" line and then backtracked.

Fourthly, seeing Clark in different clothes! Enough said!

Things I also liked:

- While I'm not and never will be a Clois shipper (on SV anyway), I have to say that it was pretty funny seeing Lois taking Clark under her wing and bossing him around at the DP. Also, the last shot of the two of them working opposite each other was pretty cool.

- Tess confusing Clark. I see great potential in that. Her line to Clark ("I already had you on my to-do list today.") really cracked me up!

Overall, a quite enjoyable episode!

Comment

Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
            DUDE! Clark was totally upset when Chloe said things would change between them after she got married. Chloe said it so that Clark would have the opportunity to say he really cared about her. But Clark, the silly goose, sucks up all his courage and hides his jealousy and sadness because thats what he thinks CHLOE WANTS!

I was SO SAD. Clark hiding his true feelings. And Chloe still thinking he doesn't really care.
            I almost cried... Stupid, stupid Clark and stupid Chloe! JUST COME CLEAN ALREADY! *sigh*
            The look on Chloe's face when she realised Clark gave her his blessing, it just killed me...

Which brings me to...

CHLOE

She was so incredibly awesome this episode, I loved how she decided on her new path in life after everything that happened, I guess being put in danger by Bette made her realize that these people need somewhere to turn, to realize they are not alone in the world.

LOIS! And Lois making Clark not wear that stupid shirt. THANK YOU! He was walking down the stairs and I cringed when I saw that flannel shirt so I squealed with excitement when Lois made him change. IN A PHONEBOOTH That was so awesome. I wish they'd shown him spinning around in there

Ok, I really loved Davis! And him and Chloe had great chemistry Poor him when he realised Chloe was engaged (wtf kind of ring is THAT? Jimmy.. *shakes head* he's such a dork) and OMG I loved how he assumed Clark was the guy YES!!!! Thank YOU!!! It so should be

I need to watch this episode again because I always forget things if I don't post my thoughts right after. But there was no thread and I was too scared to start one I know, lame

I loved this episode, even if it was Ollie-less. We got so much Chloe to make up for it though, it was awesome.
            >> and we want s p e c t a c u l a r v i e w s if we're to stay for the w e e k e n d <<

Comment

So, I, once again, loved this episode! SO much Chloe, SO much Tess, SO much awesomeness. It was amazing.

I actually really liked the explosion storyline. I thought it was really interesting. The whats-her-face character was nice, even if the actress overplayed it IMO.

CLOIS! Lois was fantastic in this episode. Liked it when Lois made Clark change in the phone booth A shout out to what he will become. Very nice. Lois telling Clark he did a good job and all was nice, but really, I just loved Lois being Lois.

CHLOE! Chloe was fantastic as usual, and her interaction with Davis is so much better than her with Jimmy. I mean, I don't dislike Chloe/Jimmy, but I dont really like them either. Davis is a much better character. And, what the hell is up with his lying in the alley?

Overall, a second fantastic episode in a row. Season 8 is looking good.

Comment

Working...
              X