If the world was a just place...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the world was a just place...

The show would have ended at season five and Aquaman would've started.

Smallville's s6 and s7 had potential but everytime the story went anywhere it stopped and went in reverse o.o.

Originally posted by assydingo View Post
    The show would have ended at season five and Aquaman would've started.

Smallville's s6 and s7 had potential but everytime the story went anywhere it stopped and went in reverse o.o.
    Huh?

The Aquaman pilot was a joke! It in no way stands up to Smallville, not even in its weaker episodes.

Smallville season 6 and 7 were both solid seasons. We were introduced to some amazing characters (Oliver, Kara). The only storyline that stopped was Kara, but thats about it (as we will get an ending...)

So I think the world is just fine with Smallville over Aquaman.

Comment

I think S5 was the weakest of all seasons. S6 was extremely strong throughout. S7 started off strong, but the writers strike took its toll on abbreviating the plotline. Plus CW's financial problems prevented the writers etc from knowing whether S7 was to be the last season or not. The show went back and forth several times on that matter.

I think S8 has started off at a wonderfully fun and refreshingly new pace and plotline. Not having to worry about the slow reveal of Lex (and Lana) lose moral code and trust in humanity has definitely given Smallville a new world upon which to create storylines.

I'm quite pleased with Smallville right now.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Uhm, season five the weakest season? L-O-I-S! ANy season without her is a weaker season! Though I agree, Aquaman could've held some potential (Justin Hartley!). However, the pilot was messy and let's face it - kinda' sucky.

I'm really happy Smallville has continued

Comment

Don't get me wrong S5 has some brilliantly squeeful episodes. But S5 is the only season I can't make it through, since its overall arc is so lackluster. And while I adore Lois, any season with James Marsters's Brainaic is a weak season. YAWN!

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Seasons 3 and 5 bored me so much. I used to think that that made me such a freak but, apparently, I'm not (well...not when it comes to taste in "Smallville")!

I agree with Line. Season 4 was when the show really picked up steam, in my opinion, and the creativity level went through the roof. Seasons 6 and 7 are my favorites, quite honestly. If the show had ended with season 5, everything would've been so incomplete.

Speaking of squeeful episodes: "Thirst," anyone? "Mortal," maybe? That one with the missle that was about to be launched and Chloe's held captive and human!Clark gets shot, dies, comes back to life, and surprises Lana? Seriously. The first half of season 5 is great but the latter half just falls short (for the most part).

Season 6 has the strongest storyline, in my opinion, that leads to far more places than season 5 and season 7's storyline is FANTASTIC but the execution was too rushed. I still love the season 4 Kryptonian stones of knowledge or whatever storyline but, ya know, I'm biased because I Isobel.

And, as mentioned before, season 8 is so promising. The first two episodes were nothing short of spectacular and I have complete faith that it can only get better from here!
            wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

It was a pilot and yes, messy, but it had potential.

In Smallville they're just retracing their steps half the time. The actors are fantastic but the characters become grating.

Comment

Originally posted by Heather View Post
                I still love the season 4 Kryptonian stones of knowledge or whatever storyline but, ya know, I'm biased because I Isobel.
                *HIGHFIVES* Yes! S4 love! I adore the tight mystery as it unravels and yes...Isobel! Spell is absolutely a joy, but I also really love Sacred for all the twists and turns. Definitely my favorite season! Plus, to echo Signe again...Lois! She is priceless when she first finds Clark in the field.

What you say about S5 being strong and then just fizzling is exactly how I feel. I'm jazzed when I start the season, but by the time the 100th episode airs, I'm like, "eh," and just skip onto S6.

But of S5, I adore Lexmas most I think. Thirst is very funny. I also lovelovelove the final montage of Arrival which has "Precious" by Depeche Mode airing. Wow. I watch that segment over and over and over.

Ha! I also enjoy Exposed in which Lois poses as a stripper. Clark is priceless in his embarrassed appreciation of her.

And, as mentioned before, season 8 is so promising. The first two episodes were nothing short of spectacular and I have complete faith that it can only get better from here!
                YES! Worth saying again. This season has so much promise with the inclusion of new characters, while dangling the important returns of MIA regulars like Lex and Lana.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Originally posted by Heather View Post
                  Seasons 3 and 5 bored me so much. I used to think that that made me such a freak but, apparently, I'm not (well...not when it comes to taste in "Smallville")!

I agree with Line. Season 4 was when the show really picked up steam, in my opinion, and the creativity level went through the roof. Seasons 6 and 7 are my favorites, quite honestly. If the show had ended with season 5, everything would've been so incomplete.
                  You confuse me, I had a post typed out in here but didn't end up posting it. And now you're agreeing with something I didn't say (I know, the VIP... )

But yes, to repeat what you said, Season 4, for me, was when the show really started taking off and became interesting and widened it's storylines. Less meteor freaks and more... other stuff

I don't like Lana but I really loved her storyline with Isabel and Lana actually became a bit more interesting during this season.

Also, we got Lois
                  >> and we want s p e c t a c u l a r v i e w s if we're to stay for the w e e k e n d <<

Comment

What was great about season six? It seemed lackluster to me. I did think Aaron Ashmore was a fantastic Jimmy Olsen... but otherwise the season was meh.

Than season seven started interesting enough. Pretty soon Lara's characterization dies out and then it gets dull.

Comment

Just been reading this, and I too, thought I was alone in the dislike of S5, but apparantly not! I have to admit I skipped MOST episodes of it, I watched like episodes 1-8, then 14-16 then 22, lol, then went straight onto 6, I couldn't bare to watch most of the episodes, I saw the starts and middles of some, but it just really, REALLY didn't hold my attention at all, and as much as I had been looking forward to having James on the show, O M G I couldn't be bothered with his character. Lol. The series in general just didn't do it for me.

I watched s6 up to and including episode 11 (or whatever number was Justice) but then exams hit and I missed the end of the series. But I LOVED the introduction of Oliver, and the hints at the Justice league they started in S6, and really wanted to keep watching to see what progressed after that, so I thought S6 was a perdy good series in that respect. Have only just my hands on the DVDs so I do NEED to do a catch up at some point! (Especially since I just met Michael Rosenbaum - and OMG such a lovely guy, but I really wanna go back and watch SV now!!! Lol.)

SJ
                      xox
                      sigpic
                      Art by Sayjay at Radiance

Comment

Lorelai! I just bought the complete Gilmore Girls series for 110 dollars. I'm not far but... anyways back to Smallville.

That's the problem with Smallville though. It has great ideas, starts on them, then they completely disappear =/.

Comment

What was great about season six? It seemed lackluster to me. I did think Aaron Ashmore was a fantastic Jimmy Olsen... but otherwise the season was meh.

Than season seven started interesting enough. Pretty soon Lara's characterization dies out and then it gets dull.
                          What was lackluster about Season 6 for you? I thought it was fantastic, we were introduced to Oliver Queen and with him, the beginning of the Justice League, which I find exciting

I admit I also love how Lana and Lex becomes a more serious couple and gets married etc (mostly because it takes her away from Clark ) and how Lex is more of a villain (arch nemesis to Clark) than he has ever been.
                          >> and we want s p e c t a c u l a r v i e w s if we're to stay for the w e e k e n d <<

Comment

Well the Phantoms were hit and miss. I stopped liking the dance of Clarke, Lana, and Lex awhile ago.

Justin Hartley was amazing though. I loved his character and I wish he became more and more prominent.

Comment

Well the Phantoms were hit and miss. I stopped liking the dance of Clarke, Lana, and Lex awhile ago.

Justin Hartley was amazing though. I loved his character and I wish he became more and more prominent.
                              I agree that dance got old fast, and although Lana wasn't the most INTERESTING character, she did bring alot to the series. Spy-Lana is just so cool.

And Justin Hartley has become more and more prominent now as a Series Regular. So its not like he was screwed that Aquaman was never made.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalLeonardo View Post
                                I agree that dance got old fast, and although Lana wasn't the most INTERESTING character, she did bring alot to the series. Spy-Lana is just so cool.

And Justin Hartley has become more and more prominent now as a Series Regular. So its not like he was screwed that Aquaman was never made.
                                I'm so glad Aquaman never became a reality because we might have had even less Ollie during season 6 and 7 and on the off chance that the show had been super!awesome, and made it into it's 3rd(?) season, Justin Hartley wouldn't have been able to be a series regular. He could, but it's not likely that he would want to

I'm quite happy with the way things turned out. Besides, I don't much like underwater stuff... fish are so boring

Comment

Originally posted by Leloo View Post
                                  I'm so glad Aquaman never became a reality because we might have had even less Ollie during season 6 and 7 and on the off chance that the show had been super!awesome, and made it into it's 3rd(?) season, Justin Hartley wouldn't have been able to be a series regular. He could, but it's not likely that he would want to

I'm quite happy with the way things turned out. Besides, I don't much like underwater stuff... fish are so boring
                                  I bet we woulda had a different actor as Ollie had Aquaman made it. Maybe Shia? Just imagine Shia as Ollie?

Yeah from the pilot Aquaman just looked really poorly done. I bet it would have fallen same suit as Birds of Prey. There is just something about Smallville that works and Aquaman didn't have that charm. It was too "we are ridding on the fact that Justin Hartley is hot" where Smallville had a whole SLEW of hotness to rely on.

Comment

You make it an excellent point lol. Aquaman prorbaly didn't have enough hot.

Well s8 definetly has potential. Plus the main writers are gone so... should be interesting. Only thing that scares me is WB is near death so the show won't have a budget.

Comment

Working...
                                    X