Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroes 3.02 "The Butterfly Effect" Spoiler Discussion Thread

Even better than the first episode!

Super-Mohinder is basically Spider-Man, which I think is both awesome and hilarious. And it definitely agreed with him. I sense that, for that scene at least, Sendhil became the new ladies' favorite in the cast. And can I just say, Dania Ramirez can stay and scream "NOOOOO" all she wants if we get regular sideboob like that

But, on a character standpoint... Mohinder is all disintegrating. You knew there would be side-effects, and that they would be bad, but I was surprised that they got right to it.

Heather, I hope you are pleased with Ali Larter's role -- so far, I think Tracy is much more interesting than GiJessNika was. And obviously she's still connected to her, or there wouldn't be all the discomfort and attention paid to the similarity.

Love seeing more new and interesting powers -- we've got Isaac replaced, so hopefully that means more Tim Sale paintings. And whoever the person was that Sylar killed to get his cryokinesis has been replaced in Tracy. Both very cool.

Love the new villains! Such brutality. Nice to see a new array of nasties around.

Oh, definitely didn't expect this to be Francis Capra's role, but I like it. He's good, he's evil, he's Peter, he's Jesse. More screentime for Milo Ventimiglia, but I'm glad that Francis gets to play the "main" character as well.

Everything with Elle was awesome -- so glad she survived Sylar's attack. Being cut loose from the company (Mrs. Petrelli running that is a great decision), and her sudden dose of heroic independence in Season 2, still make Elle one of the best characters.

Oh, and Sylar is a Petrelli? Well, that's interesting. Wasn't expecting that. They definitely need to shake up the family relationships, though, if they're going to have Uncle Peter and Claire smoldering at each other like they did in this two parter.
    sigpic
    Banner by LRae12

This Episode was AMAZING!!!! I loved every second of it!!! I WANT MORE!!!!!!!!!

Niki/Tracy... her new power is amazing, freezing. I'm betting that that isn't really Nikki. it could be her long lost twin or a clone??? idk but it's not Niki. I don't know it's strange. I think it's Niki's twin since her power is totally different and her and the senator or govenor or whatever he was, seemed like they've been dating/ known each other for a long time. Did Niki die in the fire??? So many qustions brewing in my head.

Claire's not able to feel pain is a very good plot, it sucks that the future Peter screwed that up for her. It's his faught that Syler went to her house and did that to her. That whole train thing was awesome and I think that there is a way to kill Claire. When Angela had her dream, Claire's head was chopped off. Maybe that's what can kill her.

And I feel bad for Elle. Her dad is dead and she was fired from the only job and life she's had... That sucks. But I'm so happy Syler didn't kill her. I was Cringing there for a second. And SYLER IS ANGELA'S SON. OMG!!!
    Dark Ages
    BLAHHHH!!!!
    Last edited by Dark Ages; 23-09-08, 06:15 PM.
    East Wick Season Two -Coming Soon-

Banner By: Pandora's Box

Comment

Things I didn't like:

Everything that happened with Mohinder. Heroes was already somewhat of a The 4400 copy-cat but this new promicin shot to give everyone 4400 abilities... I mean, this shot that will give everyone super powers and Nathan coming back from the dead and being all prophet like and then having an invisible spirit guide? I mean... Come on now.

Also, hasn't anyone seen the Fly? The one with Jeff Goldbloom? I know the writers of Heroes had to have. Didn't anyone else notice anything that happened in this epise that was surprisingly EXACTLY LIKE THAT happening with Mohinder? Cos I did.

Peter's mom.

The future. Isn't anyone else sick of this plot device?

Things I liked:

Elle (and the rest of the cast of Veronica Mars). Elle is such a great character. She might be my favorite of the cast. I'd be totally okay if they wrote out half the other characters and gave Elle most of the show.

Finally some bad guys and lines being drawn! Geez. They are using every other comic book cliche in this series, it's about time we start getting some opposing forces!

Hiro's story-line is back on track. Liked how he just came right out and told Ando about what he saw in the future instead of playing out some long winded story line over 10 episodes with it. Also, the speed chick is awesome.

Nikki. The freezing is totally a red herring to make us think that it isn't Nikki, but it's Nikki. Probably just some alternate personality but it's still her.
      "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Winston Churchill

Comment

No way are Tracy and Niki the same person. Even if you were to find a way to explain away the power difference, it doesn't work time-wise. Its obvious that Tracy has been working for the Governor for some time, yet Niki was caught up in the explosion the very same day Nathan was shot. It just can't work. They're two different people, the highest likelihood being that Tracy is actually the real Jessica and Niki's twin. Niki might legitimately be dead. But even if she's alive somewhere, she's not Tracy.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkedup View Post
          Things I didn't like:

Everything that happened with Mohinder. Heroes was already somewhat of a The 4400 copy-cat but this new promicin shot to give everyone 4400 abilities... I mean, this shot that will give everyone super powers and Nathan coming back from the dead and being all prophet like and then having an invisible spirit guide? I mean... Come on now.

Also, hasn't anyone seen the Fly? The one with Jeff Goldbloom? I know the writers of Heroes had to have. Didn't anyone else notice anything that happened in this epise that was surprisingly EXACTLY LIKE THAT happening with Mohinder? Cos I did.

Peter's mom.

Things I liked:

Elle (and the rest of the cast of Veronica Mars). Elle is such a great character. She might be my favorite of the cast. I'd be totally okay if they wrote out half the other characters and gave Elle most of the show.

Finally some bad guys and lines being drawn! Geez. They are using every other comic book cliche in this series, it's about time we start getting some opposing forces!

Hiro's story-line is back on track. Liked how he just came right out and told Ando about what he saw in the future instead of playing out some long winded story line over 10 episodes with it. Also, the speed chick is awesome.

Nikki. The freezing is totally a red herring to make us think that it isn't Nikki, but it's Nikki. Probably just some alternate personality but it's still her.
          Things I didn't like:

Everything that happened with Mohinder. Heroes was already somewhat of a The 4400 copy-cat but this new promicin shot to give everyone 4400 abilities...

I dont think it's a copy-cat off of the 4400. These kind of powers have been used in many different supernatural shows. Smallville, 4400, Charmed, Dark Angel, Buffy and Angel. All those powers have been used before.

Peter's mom.

I love Peter's mother!! AWESOME!!

I'm NOT! I like it. It all ties in together and it makes since. They play out the stories very well.

Things I liked:

AGREE with you!! I love me some Elle. She's amazing and Kristen Bell is amazing. I cant wait to see some more of her. She needs more air time..

Well, I hope it's not Niki b/c another personality would drive me nuts. I already think Niki/Jessica was enough then Gina! GRRR! Why??? Stupid. I think it is a long lost sister or a clone or something. She knew that govenor guy for a long time and just the way she acted. I just hope it isn't another personality... it's getting old. Tracy and Niki are two different people and it accured to me when Niki's father visit they were talking about someone... that someone could be Tracy.
          Dark Ages
          BLAHHHH!!!!
          Last edited by Dark Ages; 23-09-08, 06:19 PM.

Comment

cool that Claire can never die; neither can Sylar...and neither can Peter... but with Angela's dream...it showed Claire's head being ripped off... so not even that would kill her? i mean, i'm pretty sure, if you put her head back on, it'd reattach itself, but if you kept all her parts separately, you'd assume she'd be dead for the time being.

did Sylar do something to Claire's brain??? because she can't feel pain anymore?

Maya is starting to annoy me...
            and Mohinder; he's just jealous everyone else he knows has powers and he doesn't. see how cocky he was after he realised he had super strength/speed/agility, etc...it's like, look at how cool i am, blah blah blah... and what were those things on his back...they looked like leeches or something, but was probably something else more gross.

Angela has powers, cool. we got a look at the team...Adam, Nikki, Matt's dad and that old man, that schizo Nathan keeps seeing.

Nikki isn't Nikki; huh! maybe she's brainwashed, but the freezing power...that came out of nowhere. it probably is Nikki deep down, but no idea what has happened to her. maybe they injected her with Mohinder's concoction and gave her new powers.

i feel sorry for the current Peter; stuck in a fatter version of Weevil's, i mean, Jesse's body. why didn't anyone believe him? i think Elle might be the one to save that Peter/Jesse, since she seemed to be the only person who looked like they might've believed him.

starting to like Elle's character more. didn't want Sylar to kill her...luckily he didn't...Elle's brain is probably untouchable...Sylar might not go after her again.

oh, and Hiro's story is just boring me.

ok, didn't pick this up until reading other people's responses...Angela is Sylar's mother??? so wierd. what the??? Sylar is Claire's uncle. omg, like everyone is related.
            doppelganger47
            Hellmouth Tourist
            Last edited by doppelganger47; 23-09-08, 05:01 PM.
            veronica mars: "i've got a kidney with your name on it, no questions asked."

Comment

Anyways this was actually a really good episode, and I would love to break down the total awsome, but I am at school... So instead I will just say for the 100th time Kristen Bell gives this show LIFE!

I was so happy to see her pop up in episode 2, she just has this charm. When she walks into Bob's office and he is dead her face is just... Ugh! This is why I love her. She took total control and when she confronted HRG

HRG: Daddy doesn't want me walking around.
              Elle: My father is dead.

She delevers it with such force. Then when Sylar attacked and she did that freaky power serge that was so cool. I was so afraid she would bite the dust but she was able to stay alive... and free people... I wonder if her and Francis Capra (Err I think thats the spelling) enjoy seeing each other again. They looked like they had some fun on the VM set. Now where is Tina Majorino?

Angela was just freaky when she fired Elle (my heart sunk when she asked what she is supose to do now) and then Sylar is Angela's son? Geez! Talk about sleeping around... I'll get more into it when I have time, but just saying this looks promising for this season!!

Uhh where is Micah and Monica? They kinda rock...

Comment

Oh, such a good episode XD I really love how the Level 5 Villains escaped, Elle is really one of the best character they have on this show. They have to give her more screentime.

Overall, I think it's good Heroes, way more action and all the characters have purpose this season.

I was thrilled when I say TracyNikkiJess whatever power "Icegirl" LOL This one got me but now I can't tell her power in the slighest. She's bipolar or something, skisophrenia my friend It's interesting but at the same time, will we ever find a what is her true power? I can't say.

Apart from that, many inconsistancies with the time travelling thing. Isn't Peter supposed to change with this butterfly effect they keep talking about? The entire world is different, yet Peter is the same? I'm really hoping that they will stop or slow down with these kind of time traveling plot cause I'm thinking too much around it always feels wrong in some way.

Yet, compared to season 2, it's incredibly better and the show got his mojo back to me Yah Heroes

And yes Travis, where the **** are Micah and co? Are they like dead cause Niki forgot her previous self? It's a bit easy to get rid of characters this way, or sloppy?

EDIT: It never occured to me that you were so in love with Kirsten Bell, Travis lol ! But yeah, she's likely to be teh Heroes star in the futur, she takes all the lights to her, it's almost a shame they cast Hayden Panettiere lol Kirsten Forever
                Creamy Coolness
                The French Hobbit
                Last edited by Creamy Coolness; 23-09-08, 10:57 PM.
                "Trust the Tale, not the Teller"
                Tumblr // Smugmug // Twitter

Comment

CLARIFICATION ON THE NIKI-FRONT: Niki Sanders' special ability was enhanced strength! Her multiple personality disorder was never part of her powers - it was just a psychological illness that she was plagued with. "Jessica" and "Gina" were always just in Niki's head and nothing more. They have no connection to Niki's ability except that it was through "Jessica" that Niki first discovered her power. HOWEVER, the show got it wrong. Niki's MPD developed when she was a little girl because her father, Hal Sanders, abused both her and Jessica and Niki's mind couldn't take it so it created a protector - "Jessica" - after Jessica dead. This is the explanation that the show (and my own psychology knowledge) has given us.

Now, is Tracy Strauss really Niki Sanders? Mehbehh. Is Tracy Strauss a Niki!clone? Mehbehh. Is Tracy Strauss the real Jessica? Mehbehh. Is Tracy Strauss somebody else entirely? Mehbehh.

But Niki's MPD was just MPD. It's not connected to her power.

Originally posted by DigitalLeonardo View Post
                  Uhh where is Micah and Monica? They kinda rock...
                  They're also kinda getting reduced to special guest stars. I'm not sure when they'll appear next, though.

Personally, 3.02 was the pay-off for watching three hours of "Heroes" in a row. It was perfect. It felt like an episode that was of the same quality as the latter half of season 1 (IE: "Landslide") which says a lot. Plus, HELLO! There were like...four lengthy Ali Larter scenes!

Things I Loved...?

-Anything and everything Tracy Strauss. Niki "Jessica/Gina" Sanders was the first character who I ever got attatched to and fell completely in love with and it was an instantaneous connection. I honestly was so scared that I wouldn't like Tracy the same way. I was wrong. The instant connection I felt with Tracy was much stronger than it was with Niki and, quite honestly, there is so much more potential for storylines and relationships and personal growth with her character. Not to mention, her handling the popsicle reporter in the beginning of the episode? Totally chilling (no pun intended). I also love how Ali Larter's playing her as a genuine mix of Niki and Jessica (I saw no Gina in Tracy at all - and I actually saw more Jessica than Niki, honestly). It just goes to show that this is a totally new woman compared to the three she's played before.

-Nathan Petrelli. AH! At first I was afraid (I was petrified - as I keep singing over and over when I see the beginning of his speech from 2.11 "Powerless") that the "Nathan Finds God" storyline would be weak and not well thought-out, but I was pleasantly surprised. I especially find it interesting to consider who, or what, Nathan saw when he was miraculously revived considering he's not taking too kindly to Mr. Linderman's ghost (so he must not be who Nathan saw and believes to be God).

-Nathan/Tracy. YAYYYY! They're finally going to play up the chemistry between Ali Larter and Adrian Pasdar that has existed since episode 1.04! YAYYY! I'm so excited! Plus, their first meeting was really funny but really well done at the same time. Tracy's complete confusion and forceful responses were fantastic and I love how Nathan was so completely convinced that she's Niki - even after she left. Interesting how Linderman tells him that that woman isn't Niki...Hmmm...Pondersome...

-Claire's angsty pants. This is the kind of storyline she should've gotten last season. The rebellion against the parents with the stalker boyfriend thing was extremely weak, in my opinion. However, this new path they have her on - that she doesn't feel human because she can't feel pain? It really works. It not only deals with her powers but it also deals with her feelings as a teenager AND as a young woman in general. Plus...

-FIRE MOMMY! Yayyy! I'm so excited to have Jessalyn Gilsig back on the show. I hope she sticks around for quite a while (last I heard it was...5 episodes...?).

-The Company. Mama Petrelli is an even bigger bitch than before and is just downright vicious. Seriously. They're really accentuating her deviousness and bitchiness now more than ever. And it's EXCITING! Elle's electronic explosion while Sylar tried to kill her sent chills down my spine and I seriously yelled "Holy Sh**!" when it happened. Kristen Bell was on top of her game in 3.02 and I'm really excited to see where her storyline takes her. HRG was great, too, but that goes without saying. And, lastly, RIP Bob. We hardly knew ye.

-Future!Peter's continuous frak ups. At least now we're really dealing with the fact that just going back in time to fix one thing can make the future so much worse. I think, after this storyline ends, we'll see less and less time travel on the show in terms of just fixing a mistake. Thank god.

-The villains are more villainous than Sylar has ever been, in my opinion. I know that some people find Sylar to be a genuinely scary guy and say that he's a really fantastic villain, but I just don't see it. In theory, he could've been but I just think he's a greedy sociopath. Nothing more. Elle's just as scary as Sylar is, honestly, since they'll both kill to get what they want/need. These villains, however, are just EVIL. They'll kill just to kill and torture just to torture. Whoever said it had it right: the villains are Level 5 are so much worse than Sylar could ever be.

-Matt and the tortoise. I was cracking up for some reason during this scene when he thinks the tortoise is talking to him. And the African man was equally comical. I'm so glad that they might be getting ready to let Greg Grunberg show his funny side on the show more often. "Do you know Britney Spears?" "Yes...?" "She is from America."

Things I Didn't Love...? (...well...THING i didn't love...)

-Mohinder/Maya. I was hoping it would be a gradual thing but the fact that he gets super powers and then his sexual appetite goes through the roof is just...lame. I also think the fact that he's getting lizard-like abilities and traits is rather...not so great. Plus, this just doesn't seem like Mohinder anymore. Though, funny thing to note, Papa Suresh had a pet lizard named 'Mohinder' and now Mohinder!Mohinder is getting lizard like abilities. I hope that this just temporary and that it'll teach him that not all abilities are fantastic (like Maya tried to tell him in her oh so whiny voice). Lastly, I was constantly going "Somebody PLEASE shoot her!" all throughout the three hours (including the one hour recap/premier event).

I'm very pleased with the two-hour season premier/first two episodes of season 3. It looks like they're heading down the right path and I especially love that they've set the story in motion right in the first episode. It proves that they'll be moving at an extremely fast pace - which is great - and the fact that EVERYBODY appeared in both episodes is just as promising.
                  Heather
                  the AFAs are here!
                  Last edited by Heather; 23-09-08, 11:00 PM.
                  wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

Originally posted by Heather View Post
                    They're also kinda getting reduced to special guest stars. I'm not sure when they'll appear next, though.
                    why? Why are we trapped with Maya (maybe you can explain her new fluet english ability? is it a new power or just lazyness on the Heroes writers?) Monica and Micah are FAR more interesting characters, Monica has soo much potential and I would LOVE a spin-off series of hers sorta like Smallville or a Birds of Prey styled thing. Something to just show her off!

Originally posted by Creamy Coolness View Post

EDIT: It never occured to me that you were so in love with Kirsten Bell, Travis lol ! But yeah, she's likely to be teh Heroes star in the futur, she takes all the lights to her, it's almost a shame they cast Hayden Panettiere lol Kirsten Forever
                    Me like Kristen Bell? She cool. Ha, more like SHE ROCKS!!

I will give it to Hayden, this year I think she will do better. I enjoyed her scenes and I wasn't cringing like I was in season 2. Though Kristen Bell is of course better and could kick Hayden's ass... Hayden is okay. I LOVED her in season 1 so I hope season 3 brings us some better Claire since we will be getting limited Elle and Monica... funny how that works huh? I wonder if Hayden had anything to do with that
                    DigitalLeonardo
                    Somebody Save Me...
                    Last edited by DigitalLeonardo; 23-09-08, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Oh, and, just to try and debunk the idea that Tracy Strauss is really Niki Sanders: it's chronologically impossible. Niki was trapped in the burning building the day that Nathan was shot. Not to mention, Tracy has already established an entire life of her own - complete with a job and a lover - which is something that Niki couldn't do considering she was always in Las Vegas or New Orleans (or New York, where season 2 is concerned). It just doesn't work.

Originally posted by DigitalLeonardo View Post
                      why? Why are we trapped with Maya (maybe you can explain her new fluet english ability? is it a new power or just lazyness on the Heroes writers?) Monica and Micah are FAR more interesting characters, Monica has soo much potential and I would LOVE a spin-off series of hers sorta like Smallville or a Birds of Prey styled thing. Something to just show her off!
                      I honestly don't know. My only relief is that it appears that Maya won't have a storyline of her own - or, at least, that's the impression I've gotten from 3.01/3.02. The premier episodes are making me think that Maya will be supported by Mohinder and her storyline will basically be HIS storyline. Does that make sense? Am I the only one who got that impression?

As far as Monica and Micah are concerned... *Spoilers as to when one of them will first appear*

Spoiler:
                      Noah Gray-Cabey is set to guest star in 3.03 "One of Us, One of Them." Dana Davis, however, is NOT listed for 3.03. Which...doesn't make sense to me. If Micah's going to appear, won't Monica appear, too? Maybe NBC made a typo?
                      Heather
                      the AFAs are here!
                      Last edited by Heather; 23-09-08, 11:35 PM.
                      wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

I honestly don't know. My only relief is that it appears that Maya won't have a storyline of her own - or, at least, that's the impression I've gotten from 3.01/3.02. The premier episodes are making me think that Maya will be supported by Mohinder and her storyline will basically be HIS storyline. Does that make sense? Am I the only one who got that impression?

As far as Monica and Micah are concerned... *Spoilers as to when one of them will first appear*

Spoiler:
                        Noah Gray-Cabey is set to guest star in 3.03 "One of Us, One of Them." Dana Davis, however, is NOT listed for 3.03. Which...doesn't make sense to me. If Micah's going to appear, won't Monica appear, too? Maybe NBC made a typo?
                        That makes sense, and I didn't mind her season 2 storyline but I dunno... In her last few appeances in season 2 I just started to dislike and now in season 3 she is just far to Americanized and very un-Maya. I think if she is part of Mohinder's storyline then hopefully that means she won't get as many scenes as she took up in season 2.

Spoiler:
                        That is weird... Unless Micah has been shipped off to another person... But I don't think that would happen. I just want to know what he is up too, he has lost both his parents so I am guessing Monica has stepped in as a mother figure for him (and most likely blaming herself for Nikki's "death")

Comment

Things I Loved...?

-Anything and everything Tracy Strauss. Niki "Jessica/Gina" Sanders was the first character who I ever got attatched to and fell completely in love with and it was an instantaneous connection. I honestly was so scared that I wouldn't like Tracy the same way. I was wrong. The instant connection I felt with Tracy was much stronger than it was with Niki and, quite honestly, there is so much more potential for storylines and relationships and personal growth with her character. Not to mention, her handling the popsicle reporter in the beginning of the episode? Totally chilling (no pun intended). I also love how Ali Larter's playing her as a genuine mix of Niki and Jessica (I saw no Gina in Tracy at all - and I actually saw more Jessica than Niki, honestly). It just goes to show that this is a totally new woman compared to the three she's played before.
                          I thought you'd like the new character. The new power was certainly a surprise. I actually hope she's *not* Niki/Jessica or the actual Jessica. Perhaps they were identical triplets and she has the same Company-based true lineage as Sylar apparently does? Tracy might be the spawn of Bob? They both have transformative powers.

One downside -- why have all four "characters" Ali Larter's played so far basically been implicitly sexualized characters? Internet stripper MILF Niki, Petrelli-banging femme fatale Jessica, Drug-addled turbo-ho Gina. Now her character is introduced as sleeping with her boss.

-Claire's angsty pants. This is the kind of storyline she should've gotten last season. The rebellion against the parents with the stalker boyfriend thing was extremely weak, in my opinion. However, this new path they have her on - that she doesn't feel human because she can't feel pain? It really works. It not only deals with her powers but it also deals with her feelings as a teenager AND as a young woman in general. Plus...
                          Claire is a great character, and this new tormented direction is good. I felt very bad for her that she lost the ability to feel the pain. It's hard to tell if that's Sylar's fault or just her power advancing -- did we ever see Adam authentically in pain in the present day?

I *really* love her wanting to be her father's partner at the Company -- to learn to defend herself, to fight. Reminds me a lot of the fanfic I wrote

-FIRE MOMMY! Yayyy! I'm so excited to have Jessalyn Gilsig back on the show. I hope she sticks around for quite a while (last I heard it was...5 episodes...?).
                          I was a little miffed that Claire called her "mom" right in front of Sandra, though. But, awesome to have her around. And, yes, she can defend the home pretty capably. But she's also a problem; now Sylar *does* have a reason to come back, doesn't he?

-Future!Peter's continuous frak ups. At least now we're really dealing with the fact that just going back in time to fix one thing can make the future so much worse. I think, after this storyline ends, we'll see less and less time travel on the show in terms of just fixing a mistake. Thank god.
                          Any thoughts on the comparison I made between FutureHiro's time travel and FuturePeter's?

-The villains are more villainous than Sylar has ever been, in my opinion. I know that some people find Sylar to be a genuinely scary guy and say that he's a really fantastic villain, but I just don't see it. In theory, he could've been but I just think he's a greedy sociopath. Nothing more. Elle's just as scary as Sylar is, honestly, since they'll both kill to get what they want/need. These villains, however, are just EVIL. They'll kill just to kill and torture just to torture. Whoever said it had it right: the villains are Level 5 are so much worse than Sylar could ever be.
                          Sylar is Lawful Evil. Those guys are Chaotic Evil. Sylar is, in terms of power, much more dangerous than them because of the IA and the multiple powers. But he is also capable of reason. I took him at his word that he wasn't going to kill Claire, I think he'd figured out that she'd survive. I had actually hoped the scene was going to involve him *telling* her what he was going to do after he caught her, and assuring her that she'd survive it beforehand. Plus, from the previews (Spoilers for Previews for Upcoming "Heroes")
                          Spoiler:
                          we see the idea that Sylar is going to be *working with the Company*, and with Bennett. Now, that's obviously somewhat stupid, since you're talking about leading him to other people with power, villain or not. And yet, it makes sense right away, that he could keep from chasing the other puppies if he was given an incentive.
                          sigpic
                          Banner by LRae12

Comment

I had extremely high hopes for these two episodes. "Heroes" exceeded them. Like....seriously.

Biggest Twist: Bob IS DEAAAAAD! When Elle walked into the office, and the chair was spun around, I was almost positive that it was Sylar, going to turn around and smile at Elle. I was pleasantly surprised! Honestly, I don't care for Bob all that much, and now Mama!Petrelli is in charge, and that's just awesome.

Best New Storyline:

Part I: Claire/Sylar. Her story in Part II was also great, but the Claire/Sylar scenes in part I were just awesome! I know they were simple, and not a whole lot of dialouge, but 1) they were played wonderfully, and 2) it was really creepy, IMO! I loved Claire trying to find Sylar with the big knife, and then that shot of her hiding in the closet with the light seeping in. Plus, my favorite line: "Are you going to eat my brain?" "Claire....that's disgusting".

Part II: Tracy Strauss. Holy frak, I was smiling throughout all her scenes! Ali Larter was amazing in this episode, the reveal of her power (which I did not see coming), the offer to Mr. Petrelli! All of it was so well done, and so intriguing. Finally, she's going to get a big part in the season (well, I think she is, at least)!

Other Awesome Parts:

Nathan/Linderman! Ah, I love these two actors. They are brilliant, and I'm really intrigued. The scene in the chapel with Peter deciding whether or not he had to pull out his gun, and Nathan talking about how God saved him? Brilliant. Plus, all the Linderman scenes, and how he's a hallucination? A ghost? But, did he bring him back? Or.....what?! I'm so confused, but that just makes me watch to watch the next eppy MORE!

Level 5. Francis Capra is Milo Ventimiglia. Interesting. Question: when someone sees him on the street, does he look like Francis Capra or like Ventimiglia? Because, in the last scene, he was walking normally, looking like Milo, but then he looks in the mirror and is Capra? Help! Anyways, I love the story they set up for the year, as well as the "my dreams are the future" story is cool, but there are lots of "I CAN SEE THE FUTURE!" powers. Plus, Sylar is a Petrelli!? :eek: Soooo.....Sylar didn't kill his mother. Gotcha. Plus, Future!Peter is cool, but I hope they explain the reason of how he has that scar. Or did they already?

And The Thing That Was Nice, Sometimes Annoying:

Uh....Hiro. Ando is cool and all, loved seeing the future thing. Daphne is a cool villain, but she hasn't convinced me to like her yet. Hiro is being extremely annoying to Ando, and I know he has reason to be. I mean, Ando did kill Hiro, but still, it does not make for good television IMO, I would like to see something happen, not have them arguing over who killed who But overall, it was a cool storyline, and I really want to know what this "formula" is.

Things That Weren't Really That Good/That I'm NOT Looking Forward To:

Matt Parkman. I mean, he's a great character, but I hate how his storyline is segregated from all the other characters. I mean, he's in Africa! For some reason, I think this will become this season's, "Trip To Japan"! I shouldn't complain yet, because the scenes this week were not bad, but I think he should have a storyline within the real storyline of the season.

Mohinder/Maya. Eeeek! Maya is annoying as ever, and Mohinder with super strength, and now he's suddenly horny? Super-powers do that to you, right Jessica? Don't love it yet. Plus, the whole "Mohinder is spiderman" thing is way too lame, IMO. I'll see how it plays out, but it's not that good so far.

Overall, a fantastic two episodes. The second one was better than the first, but both were great, and more like Season 1! I'm impressed! Go "Heroes"!

Comment

CLARIFICATION ON THE NIKI-FRONT: Niki Sanders' special ability was enhanced strength! Her multiple personality disorder was never part of her powers - it was just a psychological illness that she was plagued with. "Jessica" and "Gina" were always just in Niki's head and nothing more. They have no connection to Niki's ability except that it was through "Jessica" that Niki first discovered her power. HOWEVER, the show got it wrong. Niki's MPD developed when she was a little girl because her father, Hal Sanders, abused both her and Jessica and Niki's mind couldn't take it so it created a protector - "Jessica" - after Jessica dead. This is the explanation that the show (and my own psychology knowledge) has given us.

Now, is Tracy Strauss really Niki Sanders? Mehbehh. Is Tracy Strauss a Niki!clone? Mehbehh. Is Tracy Strauss the real Jessica? Mehbehh. Is Tracy Strauss somebody else entirely? Mehbehh.

Personally, 3.02 was the pay-off for watching three hours of "Heroes" in a row. It was perfect. It felt like an episode that was of the same quality as the latter half of season 1 (IE: "Landslide") which says a lot. Plus, HELLO! There were like...four lengthy Ali Larter scenes!

Things I Loved...?

-Nathan Petrelli. AH! At first I was afraid (I was petrified - as I keep singing over and over when I see the beginning of his speech from 2.11 "Powerless") that the "Nathan Finds God" storyline would be weak and not well thought-out, but I was pleasantly surprised. I especially find it interesting to consider who, or what, Nathan saw when he was miraculously revived considering he's not taking too kindly to Mr. Linderman's ghost (so he must not be who Nathan saw and believes to be God).

-Nathan/Tracy. YAYYYY! They're finally going to play up the chemistry between Ali Larter and Adrian Pasdar that has existed since episode 1.04! YAYYY! I'm so excited! Plus, their first meeting was really funny but really well done at the same time. Tracy's complete confusion and forceful responses were fantastic and I love how Nathan was so completely convinced that she's Niki - even after she left. Interesting how Linderman tells him that that woman isn't Niki...Hmmm...Pondersome...

-The Company. Mama Petrelli is an even bigger bitch than before and is just downright vicious. Seriously. They're really accentuating her deviousness and bitchiness now more than ever. And it's EXCITING! Elle's electronic explosion while Sylar tried to kill her sent chills down my spine and I seriously yelled "Holy Sh**!" when it happened. Kristen Bell was on top of her game in 3.02 and I'm really excited to see where her storyline takes her. HRG was great, too, but that goes without saying. And, lastly, RIP Bob. We hardly knew ye.

-Matt and the tortoise. I was cracking up for some reason during this scene when he thinks the tortoise is talking to him. And the African man was equally comical. I'm so glad that they might be getting ready to let Greg Grunberg show his funny side on the show more often. "Do you know Britney Spears?" "Yes...?" "She is from America."

-Mohinder/Maya. I was hoping it would be a gradual thing but the fact that he gets super powers and then his sexual appetite goes through the roof is just...lame. I also think the fact that he's getting lizard-like abilities and traits is rather...not so great. Plus, this just doesn't seem like Mohinder anymore. Though, funny thing to note, Papa Suresh had a pet lizard named 'Mohinder' and now Mohinder!Mohinder is getting lizard like abilities. I hope that this just temporary and that it'll teach him that not all abilities are fantastic (like Maya tried to tell him in her oh so whiny voice). Lastly, I was constantly going "Somebody PLEASE shoot her!" all throughout the three hours (including the one hour recap/premier event).

I'm very pleased with the two-hour season premier/first two episodes of season 3. It looks like they're heading down the right path and I especially love that they've set the story in motion right in the first episode. It proves that they'll be moving at an extremely fast pace - which is great - and the fact that EVERYBODY appeared in both episodes is just as promising.
                              -------------------

Thanks you so much, Heather for laying that down for me.... I was so confused, maybe if I would have used my brain I would have figured it out.

Things I Loved...?

God! I love Tracy, she is just one sexy son of a nasty good time!! Just so cold and sexy! (If I was straight I'd be all over that ) She's totally different from Niki and I like it. I know that's not Niki and if it was it would just piss me off that she has another personality.

Couldn't agree with you more! She feels more grown up in 3.01 & 3.02. I feel more of a liking towards her. Because last season she just seemed annoying, so did her boyfriend.

YES! I love Fire Mommy too! Even though her power is just fire, it's just when she does it, she adds this sex appeal to it. I like her!

Future Peter is annoying.

I agree with you. The villains are wayyyy more scary. When the fire guys was burning the women I felt sick inside. They have no remorse and kill anyone that's close to them. Syler is a kitten compared to them.

OMG!!! I laughed so freaking hard. It was so random and so great. I loved it!

GOD!! Maya is a pain in my left ass cheek. She needs to go!!! She bitches and cries so much I want to rip my eyes out and throw them at her!! Mohinder is getting annoying too. Your right he isnt Mohinder anymore. And that whole sex thing is annoying. If they do just hae her hang around Mohinder storyline then they need to get rid of her!
                              Dark Ages
                              BLAHHHH!!!!
                              Last edited by Dark Ages; 24-09-08, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Nikki/Tracy, i think is just some serious conditioning done by the company, since she already has MPD...to have her on their side, but the freezing powers is a bit wierd and out of nowhere...unless they have what Mohinder has, some formula injection that gives new powers to people.

i think you're right that Sylar could be more evil; at least he's taken the first step...by taking Claire's power (glad she didn't die as a result), but Elle is not as scary. her abilities are powerful, but at heart/mind, she's like a little girl...wanting her pathetic father's approval...glad the gold-man died, because he was just holding Elle back. with his death and Momma Petrelli firing Elle, hopefully Elle can do a lot more in the show. i can see her teaming up with HRG (new father figure) to find those other villains that they let loose (who seem more evil than Sylar, because at least Sylar has a purpose, whereas these villains just randomly kill because they can). but i wonder what Sylar's real purpose is...once he has all the powers he wants, what then? world domination?

lol, Greg Grunberg is always in a show for comic-relief... but he's funny. when he's using his powers, he's just boring.

oh my, yes, the Mohinder/Maya relationship is just urgh. i hated how Mohinder got all cocky once he developed his new powers. oh, and good theory on the Mohinder/lizard powers... it will definitely teach him a lesson...and thus force him to develop the cure for himself as well as Maya.

...and yes, hating Maya's new fluent english...still has an annoying accent though. at first i was thinking, Monica is boring, glad she's not in these episodes, but gee, Maya is sooooo annoying; i'd rather have Monica and Micah back.

...and OMG, how cool was that early scene with Sylar strolling down the street casually...with the view from within the car and the music playing, Sylar casually takes down the 2, so called 'best agents' with ease... all seemed to have a computer game feeling.
                                doppelganger47
                                Hellmouth Tourist
                                Last edited by doppelganger47; 25-09-08, 04:49 PM.
                                veronica mars: "i've got a kidney with your name on it, no questions asked."

Comment

Awesomeness

Sylar with the music in the background from the car, I thought that looked so cool. I was gutted when he got caught again though, he's supposed to be super powerful this season and he got knocked out and strapped down again almost straight away. Angela is his mum *squee*.

Matt in the desert was really funny "Thankyou turtle!"

Tracey - I used to get a bit bored with Nikki and Jessica to be honest but I love Tracey, and her freezing the journo guy was fantastic!

Not so awesomeness

Maya and Mohinder's sex scene was the least sexy thing I have ever seen, it as like watching a wax figure and a tree get it on. The 'new' Mohinder acts like a 12 year old whose balls have just dropped, he's supposed to be a PhD for God's sake!

Spoiler:
                                  Bring on next week, I want to see Noah having to work with Sylar. Loved that line "Hello Noah, did you miss me?"
                                  What are you gonna do? Make me some more eggs?

Livejournal
                                  Alan Tudyk Dot Net

Comment

Interesting stuff, glad to hear Nathan isn't dead.

So Tracy might be Nikki's triplet? Or maybe Jessicia really never died and went into hiding and took a whole new life? It would make sense if she wanted to escape her father but doesn't make sense that she would leav Nikki intentially by herself unless she was too scared. And cool freezing powers, maybe she's Piper's half sister... joking:P, I hope Nikki herself isn't really dead (If she jumped out of the window that was behind her then she would have made it, there was a window or some space where the sun was shining in during that scene btw)

Mohinder got powers? Hmm I guess I ill have to wait until Heroes return in Australia to see it, I might like him with or without powers.

Before I end this, if Tracy ends up being Nikki's triplet, and evil then this is going to be very ironic and condience. What I mean is that in my story there are three characters called Dana/Dani/Elle who are triplets, and if it was a show then Ali Larter would play them.. Maybe the writers invaded my mind and stories lol. (Thinks Nikki/Elle Dana/Jessicia and Dani/Tracy?), I know someone somewhere said Tracy might be a villian so that's why I said her as evil. Jessicia and Dana already had something in common, both were abused by thier fathers and both were bad. Nikki is good isn't she? So she's more like the character Elle in my story who is good.

Don't know about Tracy/Dani, guess I will have to see.

Hilda Celeriac: You better tell me everything or I am gonna go Lex Luthor on your ass!
                                    Hey guys, if you know Amber is coming to Brisbane or anywhere near it, then page me (Well PM, just referencing Buffy)

Comment

Way better than the first episode!

Firstly, it's great to see Elle again, she's such a great character and brings so much to the series. She's just awesome, I felt really bad for her, her whole life's falling apart and now she's just lost her father. It was great to see her fight back against Sylar when he's about to kill her, I don't think we've seen anyone else be able to do that?

The Claire scenes were fantastic once again, I'm back to loving her character. Glad to see I wasn't completely wrong in getting the rape subtext between Sylar/Claire, pretty much confirmed when her mum has to ask her. Finally we get some textual confirmation that Claire could feel pain, but now can't and I'm very excited to see where her story is going, Claire wants to use her powers to fight, that's pretty exciting.

Angela was fantastic as always, good to see she's now heading of the organisation and I'm still loving her scenes with Peter. And her opening dream was very cool, can she see the future? If she can does that mean we're setting up for a big showdown in the final, looks very intense.

Mohinder, really still not fond of him but his new powers are interesting, even if they are just a complete rip off of Spiderman

The scene at the gas station was pretty horrific, it was very disturbing seeing that guy burn the girl to death

And WOW, Sylar's part of the Petreli family, very unexpected twist....

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Originally posted by hawkedup View Post
                                        Yes.

Every season it is someone goes to the future or gets knowledge of some kind of terrible fate. So they go back in time to warn people or change it themselves.

Sorry but this is totally lame, imo. Is this is what it is always going to be? I don't like it.

And I know you just have to sort of shrug off all the paradoxes but, um, if Future!Peter changed his own future and therefore his own future no longer exists, then how does he still exist? But, I know, paradoxes totally clutter up the Heroesverse and you just have to accept them.

Originally posted by BlasterBoy View Post
                                        Biggest Twist: Bob IS DEAAAAAD! When Elle walked into the office, and the chair was spun around, I was almost positive that it was Sylar, going to turn around and smile at Elle. I was pleasantly surprised! Honestly, I don't care for Bob all that much, and now Mama!Petrelli is in charge, and that's just awesome.
                                        But, but...I Stephen Tobolowsky!!! I have been such a huge fan of his since the the early 90s. He rules. I love him, I love him, I love him. And I am sad he is gone. But he did get into a bad accident and he broke his neck, which is why his scenes were filmed with him sitting in that chair..

And one shot of David Anders? That's it? I want to see Adam again!

Overall....watching this show is like a chore to me. But I feel like I have to watch it. Because it is next to impossible for me to give up on a tv show. It's not terrible, it's just that I find it rather clunky and it kind of just rips off a lot of other stories from comics and movies and other tv....It has it's moments though...

Another thing that kind of annoys me...I feel like that when we see what the future holds, the writers are only trying to shock us...hey look! Claire is evil. Or hey look! Ando is evil! Even if they aren't...even if they are...I fel like it's a cheap device and they are exploiting the character a bit.

I'm sure some of you will disagree....I'm just sayin'....

Ooh...I do wonder what is up with Parkman and the African dude....Greg Grunberg also rulz.
                                        sigpic
                                        follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Working...
                                        X