Heroes 3.01 "The Second Coming" Spoiler Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroes 3.01 "The Second Coming" Spoiler Discussion Thread

Figured two thread would be better since some people won't see these until they are online or in reruns.

Really think "Heroes" is back to form, just incredible stuff. The reveal of Nathan's shooter is completely astounding, and then the episode gets good.

Future Peter is definitely a change of pace -- powerful, but clearly a... well, screw up. And all the more dangerous because of it. For continuity purposes, I think his trip back in time and what he did actually makes FutureHiro's trip in Season 1 look more believable not less. FutureHiro picked his spot very, very carefully, but most importantly, went to change a small thing, not a big thing. He just put Peter on a path, gave events a chance to unfold. Future Peter decided to change the big, to take action himself, and the result is that things are apparently much worse off for his future.

Love seeing Takei and McDowell again.

Claire's encounter with Sylar is just riveting, and I was spoiled for it, but it was still very interesting. That event is going to effect Claire quite a bit, no question.

I love Mohinder going all mad-scientist. He hadn't gotten much different or interesting to do in the first two seasons, and him being all ambitious and arrogant about the science, about improving on his father. He manages to go from giving up completely, to inspired, to motivated to help Maya, to completely ignoring what Maya needs and working on his own project. And the result? Super-Mohinder!

Loved this episode, great way to get the season started.
    sigpic
    Banner by LRae12

this has got to be the funniest line of Heroes ever...
    Claire: are you gonna eat it?
    Sylar: eat your brain? ...that's disgusting.
    veronica mars: "i've got a kidney with your name on it, no questions asked."

Comment

I know! I laughed so hard when that came on. It was just great to see Sylar finally get Claire's power. I loved it when he was walking down the street afterwards just nodding at passes by, so cool.

I watched it at Comic-Con and a huge cheer went up when Mohinder injected himself, can't wait to see how that pans out.
      What are you gonna do? Make me some more eggs?

Livejournal
      Alan Tudyk Dot Net

Comment

Has anyone had a look at the ratings? Heroes just managed a 4.9/12 and an average of 9.89 million viewers. Although the demo is still okay-ish, I'm very shocked to see the number of viewers. I hope the numbers will increase throughout the course of the season.
        Banner and avatar by Nina

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalLeonardo
          Uh why are people using spoiler tags? You don't need them for episode threads...
          Exactly! I removed all spoiler tags from this thread. However, be careful to always use spoiler tags in the VIP section and also in the show section if you are discussing upcoming episodes.

Comment

But that post above has spoilers for episode 2, I thought this was for episode one?

Livejournal
            Alan Tudyk Dot Net

Comment

I don't know why these episodes were given two threads, it was pretty much one episode... But I guess I will remove my post and move it to episode 2.

Comment

I said why I started two different threads; plenty of people will be watching this online or in reruns, and it won't always be a single episode. I'm thinking of Tangent and others in the UK doing their Season 1 viewing months after US viewers had seen it.

I forgot to comment on Hiro and Daphne -- great nemeses, and she's very cool. The sudden distrust between Hiro and Ando is disturbing, I like them as BFFs. But it was still cool to see Hiro with a power.
                sigpic
                Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
                  I said why I started two different threads; plenty of people will be watching this online or in reruns, and it won't always be a single episode. I'm thinking of Tangent and others in the UK doing their Season 1 viewing months after US viewers had seen it.

I forgot to comment on Hiro and Daphne -- great nemeses, and she's very cool. The sudden distrust between Hiro and Ando is disturbing, I like them as BFFs. But it was still cool to see Hiro with a power.
                  Oh true, didn't even think of that my bad! I will try to keep comments in the right episode.

Daphne was a neat idea (she reminds me of Bart from Smallville a little too much though). The effects on her were cool when she was in slow motion, plus she just has some sass. I dont know if I like the actress as much, but its hard to say.

I feel very bad for Ando... Hiro is being kinda jerkish the way he is treating him... But seeing Ando with that power was sweet! Take that Hiro, you are no longer cute!

Also... totaly outta the blue question... So has Peter like Completely forgotten about that girl he left in the future? Is she just lost in the wind? We should no longer care?

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalLeonardo View Post
                    Also... totaly outta the blue question... So has Peter like Completely forgotten about that girl he left in the future? Is she just lost in the wind? We should no longer care?
                    I was wondering about that, too! In a recent interview, Tim Kring said something along the lines of....

Spoiler:
                    He wasn't really bringing that up again.

Yipee. /sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBoy View Post
                      I was wondering about that, too! In a recent interview, Tim Kring said something along the lines of....

Spoiler:
                      He wasn't really bringing that up again.

Yipee. /sarcasm
                      why? She was actually rather interesting and kinda gave Peter some ground to him. What was the point of just tossing her aside? Uh! Someone has to be looking for Caitlin... And wondering why this family seems to be missing...

It annoys me when characters just get pushed to the side... I mean Peter seemed to "Love" her and yet... After that episode she was trapped in the future he kinda just let her be. That has to **** things up! right?

Comment

Caitlin was originally going to be rescued in the latter half of season 2. There was going to be a whole episode dedicated to it - Peter going into a changed future to save Caitlin. However, that was tossed aside.

*Unimportant season 3 spoilers but whatever*

Spoiler:
                        In a video interview, Tim Kring, like BlasterBoy said, stated that we won't learn of Caitlin's fate in Volume 3. That doesn't mean that we won't find out about her in Volume 4, though. Especially considering the upset being caused by the lack of conclusion where that story's concerned...
                        wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

Originally posted by Heather View Post
                          Caitlin was originally going to be rescued in the latter half of season 2. There was going to be a whole episode dedicated to it - Peter going into a changed future to save Caitlin. However, that was tossed aside.

*Unimportant season 3 spoilers but whatever*

Spoiler:
                          In a video interview, Tim Kring, like BlasterBoy said, stated that we won't learn of Caitlin's fate in Volume 3. That doesn't mean that we won't find out about her in Volume 4, though. Especially considering the upset being caused by the lack of conclusion where that story's concerned...
                          Hmm. Well that is a good point, but even in season 2 it seemed Peter had just given up on her. But oh well, as long as the fans keep up the anger I am sure Caitlin will pop up sooner or later.

Comment

I hated Caitlin! I was glad when he left her behind, they were dragging that unconvincing romance behind them like a barge.

Though if she came back in the future, surely it would be to get revenge on Peter for leaving her to rot in the past -maybe that's where he got that mysteriously unhealing scar...

Livejournal
                            Alan Tudyk Dot Net

Comment

Originally posted by doppelganger47 View Post
                              this has got to be the funniest line of Heroes ever...
                              Claire: are you gonna eat it?
                              Sylar: eat your brain? ...that's disgusting.
                              Oh my god I laughed way too hard at this than I should have! I love that the writers did this line for the fans since so many of them thought that Sylar ate the peoples brains to get their powers. SO GREAT!

The thing that intrigued me the most in this episode though was what happened in the first three minutes of the episode, and that would be Claire's line: "I've always loved you".

When Season 1 came along and before we knew that Claire and Peter were related I was a hardcore Peter/Claire shipper.. and this brings me some hope. I rememeber reading spoilers that someone's parents aren't really their parents... sooo... yeah... more under the spoilers...

Spoiler:
                              I know that the big reveal was that Angela was really Sylar's mother, but then there is also THIS spoiler to come at a later episode:
                              [A flashback sequence will be about Angela's younger days, when she was a "different person." The flashback will also feature Robert Forrester as Angela's husband, who may have some paternity news.]
                              That COULD very well be about Sylar, but I am really hoping that for some reason it will have to do with Peter and him not being related by blood to Nathan. At first I thought that maybe if Nathan and Peter had different daddies then that would work, but that was when the stupid had taken over me and I forgot that that would still make them half brothers and make Peter and Claire half siblings. D'oh. So the more I think of it the more unlikely it is... just want to throw this out here though just in case it does actually happen :/ Plus, yeah I know the line could just be about how she loved him in a non romantic kind of way... ugh .. why do the writers hate me?
                              Love to write? Take the Fanfic Challenge!

Unapologetic Mockers: BACK WITH AN ALL NEW LAYOUT!

Comment

Originally posted by EndersWrath View Post
                                Oh my god I laughed way too hard at this than I should have! I love that the writers did this line for the fans since so many of them thought that Sylar ate the peoples brains to get their powers. SO GREAT!

The thing that intrigued me the most in this episode though was what happened in the first three minutes of the episode, and that would be Claire's line: "I've always loved you".

When Season 1 came along and before we knew that Claire and Peter were related I was a hardcore Peter/Claire shipper.. and this brings me some hope. I rememeber reading spoilers that someone's parents aren't really their parents... sooo... yeah... more under the spoilers...
                                i always thought Sylar just picked away at their brains...that he had to take it apart to discover it's inner workings...not just pick through a small section at the top. those i still found this scene quite gross.

i've never been a Peter/Claire shipper; i always thought he was just too old for her, since she was still in high school and he looked at least late 20s in age. i normally support one of the main shippers in a show, but since Heroes has multiple main characters, the only shipper i ever followed was Claire/Zach, and well, he's most likely gay, and West was overly boring... and well, the only main shipper i see in the show now is Nathan/Nikki, which i'm not really a fan of, but acknowledge as the main shipper of the show.

Comment

Was it just me or was there a clicking sound when he found the part of Claire's brain that controlled her ability? Like he was flicking a switch?

I found it interesting that he put the top of her head back on before he left, I feel like those two characters have some weird kind of connection.

Livejournal
                                  Alan Tudyk Dot Net

Comment

Originally posted by doubleshiny View Post
                                    Was it just me or was there a clicking sound when he found the part of Claire's brain that controlled her ability? Like he was flicking a switch?

I found it interesting that he put the top of her head back on before he left, I feel like those two characters have some weird kind of connection.
                                    well, it'd be rude to leave her head off after stealing her powers (technically not stealing, as she still has them)... but yeh, she can't die anyway, and she can't do anything to him, so he probably thought, why not. i'm glad he did though...it was kinda gross looking at her brain.

Comment

A good episode, I wasn't blow away or anything but it was still very well done.

The most disturbing part of this episode was in my opinion, the Sylar/Clarie scenes which were both frightening and very unnerving and disturbing. I could have misinterpreted the entire thing but I for one picked up on a rape metaphor going on here, most certainly in the finale moments when Claire's family come home to find her sitting in the dark crying after her encounter, but in my opinion also clearly suggested when even Sylar makes the snarky comment that he'd be afraid to if he was Claire and a man came into her house when she was alone. The whole thing was very disturbing, especially when Sylar has Clair down on the table and is inspecting her severed forehead, very frightening stuff. I really felt for Claire in this scene, and in general, all the characters Sylar's killed just like this whom aren't fortunate enough to be unkillable or feel no pain. And the scene introduces some new and quite startling concepts to the series, Sylar's now apparently un-killable and Claire is different to all the others, she's always been special, I guess this is just confirmation once and for all.

I enjoyed the twist with who Nathan's shooter was, very unexpected but wonderfully done and the opening scene between Peter and Claire was also very interesting. Future Peter is messed up and the scene between Angela and Peter was great, I love how she identifies our Peter as her son and future Peter as someone else entirely.

The introduction of the cells and the dangerous villains sets up something very interesting this season and a plot that gave me hope the show could return to some of its former glory. And Peter being body switched? Interesting...

As for the rest of the episode.. I've truly lost any love for Mohinder, this episode just confirmed it. He's arrogant, he's easily played, he's always giving up then coming back, I just don't enjoy his character. I was with Maya on this one, it'll be interesting to see what they do with him and his new super powers.

As for Hiro, still not really interested in his character at all but it's good to see he's been outmatched by our spunky new speedster, hopefully she can bring something interesting to the table this season. Also nice to see that they're setting up a confrontation between Hiro and Ando, hopefully it'll give some more serious stuff between the both of them as I for one, don't find Hiro particularly cute or funny.

And Linderman.. Meh, never liked him, he bored me but I'll have faith that they can give him something interesting to do this year so I'm reserving judgement on that one.

Overall a good episode. Not my favourite and it still doesn't seem to really enthral me or anything, I'm kinda "meh" about the series right now, I'm rather indifferent to a lot of it. But the episode gave me faith that I can get invested in this series so I'm eagerly anticipating things to come. A nice start to volume three.

PS.. Gotta bring Kate back. Ok yeah so she wasn't incredibly interesting or anything but even if you like her or don't like her, within the context of the story it seems pretty bad of Peter to not give a damn the girl's trapped in some horrible future. He's forgotten all about her and it makes him come across a real tool.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Originally posted by EndersWrath View Post

When Season 1 came along and before we knew that Claire and Peter were related I was a hardcore Peter/Claire shipper.. and this brings me some hope.
                                        Zomg. Me too. I was so sad they were related. I hope they're not!

Originally posted by doubleshiny View Post
                                        Agreed. In a weird way, but agreed. I think they are a cool little pairing.

I was really happy we opened with Claire- she was always my favourite and we didn't see as much of her last season in her own terms, from what I remember I think we more saw how she related her her family versus Elle's situation. And she reminds me of John Connor from TSCC.

Comment

Working...
                                        X