Gossip Girl 2x03 "The Dark Night" Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gossip Girl 2x03 "The Dark Night" Discussion

If you haven't seen the ep yet, don't come in.
    So I was highly disappointed with this one. From the preview it looked like we were gonna get some Chair sex only to be disappointed. To my surprise I actually felt bad for Marcus. It's weird how one week can turn your opinion around but when he saw Chair making out I just couldn't help but feel bad for him. Plus Chuck actually irritated me today! I know right? How is that even possible? :eek: But when he only wanted to find Blair to "clear the pipes", I was just annoyed with him. Clearly he likes her and yet that's all he wants to do! WTF Chuck?! Just admit that you want her! Grrr, frustrating.

The whole Dan and Serena thing was pretty boring. I still don't get what the problem is. They say they love eachother and want to be together but then they decide they can't be together. Makes no sense to me but since I don't really care I'm not going to dwell.

And Vanessa. Oh how I felt bad for her in the last episode when she was stood up but now she had to let Nate go so his dad's secret wouldn't get out. Marcus' mom is a bitca!

Anyway, what did ya'll think? Annoyed that they used that fantastic preview to hook us all only to not even get to see what we wanted?
    T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

Anyway, what did ya'll think? Annoyed that they used that fantastic preview to hook us all only to not even get to see what we wanted?
    Yes that preveiw was amazing but what can u do?. Not liking Dan and serena as much this season as I did last. There's just something about them that annoys me this time. I very much like Vanessa and was sad to see her do what she did but I think she brings out a side of nate I actually like. And Last but not least I was sorely dissapointed that there was no Chair sex either but maybe it will happen soon.
    sigpic

Comment

I seriously only watch the series because of Chuck and my only disappointment with this episode was that Blair in the end went back to Marcus! I only feel bad for Marcus because it's obvious that Blair still loves Chuck only she won't admit it fully to herself, and definitly not to Chuck! Why oh why did the lights have to return?

Dan and Serena are boring me insane. "Oh I love you" "I love you too!" "We're sooo different" "Yes, let's break up" "Ok, want to snogg a bit first?" Seriously... We all know that sooner or later, they'll probably end up together again just because...

I actually feel sorry for Nate though. He's totally trapped by the evil Mrs. Robbinson and Venessa too. Though, judging by the OC-factor this series has got I'm sure it'll all be cleared up and they'll be lovey-dovey in no time^^

Comment

I actually think it was a good episode.
        The Dan/Serena elevator scene was heartbreaking. I might be the only one who still like them but I think it was sad.

And I really don't like lord bore and ugly. He knows Blair still loves Chuck, so why do he stays around?

And well Chucks problem was.. interesting *giggles*.

And I really can't feel sad for Vanessa becaus I dislike the charachter to much. I would be happy if she would be out of the serie. And she should absolutely noy be together with Nate. I'm still hopinf fo some Jenny/Nate love.

Comment

Yes, Chuck's problem was "interesting"! I can't believe I forgot to mention that before! Seriously, I laughed so hard at that He really tried all kinds... Love it when Serena mentions it - brings the "situation" to the surface so to speak. Hahahaha....

And I don't think there'll be much chance of a Jenny/Nate love any time soon. Because, their relationship is way too friends/siblings-ish. They look out and care for each other but I seriously doubt Nate would even consider Jenny that way at the moment. He's way too wrapped up in Vanessa/Mrs Robinson (seriously cannot remember her name - not that it matters).

Comment

No I agree with you, but it hurts. I think Jenny has to grow alot and became a stronger character and women before that happens. But while I'm hoping for that to happen I enjoying their friendship.

Comment

Originally posted by Signe View Post
              I seriously only watch the series because of Chuck and my only disappointment with this episode was that Blair in the end went back to Marcus! I only feel bad for Marcus because it's obvious that Blair still loves Chuck only she won't admit it fully to herself, and definitly not to Chuck! Why oh why did the lights have to return?
              It's so true though, what he said about her only wanting his title! I loved it when he said it out loud.....overall I think this was a positive episode for C/B, even if there was no sex--you just know B/M isn't going to last long when they don't really want each other (at this point I still didn't see the draw for Marcus of Blair).

Dan and Serena are boring me insane. "Oh I love you" "I love you too!" "We're sooo different" "Yes, let's break up" "Ok, want to snogg a bit first?" Seriously... We all know that sooner or later, they'll probably end up together again just because...
              Yeah I don't understand why they broke up either--it's very annoying, I liked it better when they got back together in epp 2, that was funny and nice. This seems like unnecessary and forced drama because they're running out of ideas to keep D/S dramatic.
              Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

Originally posted by sherrilina View Post
                Yeah I don't understand why they broke up either--it's very annoying, I liked it better when they got back together in epp 2, that was funny and nice. This seems like unnecessary and forced drama because they're running out of ideas to keep D/S dramatic.
                I know! It's so annoying when they do that to a couple! Like Derek/Mer in Grey's or Clark/Lana in Smallville (not that I was ever sad about their break-ups ). Just do something else! Throw in a pregnancy, or whatever. Make them move forward as a couple - whatever. Just not lots of meaningless break-ups because they think it'll create more of a story. Because it really doesn't...

Now Chuck/Blair's break-up I can understand. I don't like it but I understand. Chuck is way to attached to his image and the walls he's built around himself - Blair requires him to let go of both. Big step - one he obviously wasn't quite ready to make yet. I think he's getting there though. I just hope Blair will be there when he does, though I seriously doubt she'll be able to resist a Chuck without emotional inhibitions...

Comment

Working...
                X