Inter show crossovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inter show crossovers?

Hmmm... not sure if this is the right place to put this, as I'm referring to any show, but if necessary, mods please feel free to move...

There has been mentions of crossovers between two shows in one of the spoiler threads and because it was a spoiler I'm not going to mention the actual shows, but it got me thinking....What shows would you love to see crossed over with each other?

Some shows are a natural fit with each other making a crossover more believable, for example Supernatural and the Buffyverse would fit well because they both inhabit the supernatural fantasy world, but so would some medical dramas or crime dramas or comedies - but sometimes different genre shows could work together too, presuming they have some kind of common base of course.

I would love to see a crossover with Supernatural and Bones - you know Dean and Sam have to go salt and burn some bones, but they've been found and taken to the Jeffersonian to be indentified by Brennan. How much would I love to see the boys wangle their way onto that podium! It could also make for some interesting dialogue, a conversation between Brennan and Dean would be hilarious! Mind you I think Booth's too good a FBI agent to let the Winchester brothers get away again!

A crossover between Doctor Who and Tru Calling could be very interesting - one can travel back and forth to any time he wants and the other can only go back a day in order to save someone. I can totally see Tru's brother Harrison desperate to be the Doctor's companion!

Let me think... any more? Firefly and Battlestar Galactica perhaps?

Any inter show crossovers that you would love to see?
    sigpic

Peter Capaldi is the 12th Doctor

You know what crossover that would amuse me a little, Grey's Anatomy and ER. I haven't watched ER regularly for a couple years now but if they did a crossover I would definitely tune in. I mean come on, moving McDreamy over to where the lovely Noah used to reside.

Another one that might be fun would be Friends and Sex and the City. I like both shows and they were always battling for top spot in the comedy genre at that time, not to mention the lead actresses were always battling it out at the Emmy's every year. It would've been fun to see that one episode of Friends when Rachel and Phoebe go to the club and Rachel gives out her number, if they had crossed paths with the ladies of Sex and the City. I don't know, it would've been cool.
    T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

Comment

There might be a crossover with Bones and House, and I think that would be awesome. There are already spoilers saying that the creators are interested in doing something like that, so I just hope that'll happen, because House, Bones, and Booth in the same room? Comedy and mystery gold, my friend. GOLD.

Comment

I would love to see Law and Order and CSI do something together. That would proly be the Best crossover In crime Drama history. It would be great to see Jack mccoy working with Grissom or something like that.
        sigpic

Comment

Ok, this isn't possible, because Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry are too old now... but I would love love love love love a Jeeves and Wooster/Doctor Who crossover.

I'd love a House/Buffy crossover, where the illness turns out to be supernatural in origin and Buffy gets to be all I told you so. But she has to pose as an intern in order to get close enough. Buffy pretending to be a doctor would be hilarious. And Giles and House hate each other at first but end up best drinking buds and Wilson gets super jealous.

Basically, any crossover in which people have to question their assumptions would be fun.

Incidentally, watched a few minutes of a shit SMG film the other day that had the guy who plays the younger Barksdale in The Wire. Weird combo! Buffy and a drug dealer!

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

Hmm. For me, crossovers are always dodgy, and would need to be shows that inhabit something that could be considered the same 'universe', rather than just sharing a genre. For example:

Originally posted by ciderdrinker View Post
            Some shows are a natural fit with each other making a crossover more believable, for example Supernatural and the Buffyverse would fit well because they both inhabit the supernatural fantasy world
            I don't actually see how a Supernatural-Buffy crossover could work, because although both come from the fantasy genre, the rules of the two universes are completely different. Vampire and werewolf lore, the nature of demons...the established rules of the universes these two shows come from are just too different to ever be reconciled sufficiently for a crossover to be viable.

I would love to see a crossover with Supernatural and Bones - you know Dean and Sam have to go salt and burn some bones, but they've been found and taken to the Jeffersonian to be indentified by Brennan. How much would I love to see the boys wangle their way onto that podium! It could also make for some interesting dialogue, a conversation between Brennan and Dean would be hilarious! Mind you I think Booth's too good a FBI agent to let the Winchester brothers get away again!
            That, however, sounds a bit more plausible to me. I've never seen Bones, but the whole premise of the Supernatural universe is that the things out there in the dark are hidden, secret - that the real world goes about its business in ignorance. But in the course of their work Sam'n'Dean do encounter normal people and have to try to work around them, so encounters with professionals such as the Bones team, that could be highly entertaining

Comment

Working...
            X