Who's next? (spoilers!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's next? (spoilers!)

So, if the Doctor regenerates this Saturday, who do you think will/should take over? There are rumours of David Morrissey and also Robert Carlyle. But who do you think would do a good job? And what do you think they should be like - what should the next Doc's personality be like? Serious? Silly? Ginger? Not that that's a personality trait. Should he be older...younger..a woman?

Do you think the Doctor will split into two, as per some rumours? Would that be a good idea?

I'm still going with Tamsin Greig as the ideal next Doctor. But the rumour re Jennifer Saunders for the xmas episode is intriguing. I think she's got the mysterious/vague thing that the Doctor often has.

David Morrissey is this guy btw:

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/20..._CA0ready.html
    Last edited by Wolfie Gilmore; 02-07-08, 02:02 PM.

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

For me, in a perfect world, i'd have an older Doc next, I't would mean less probability of a twu luv storyline and sometimes I think the Doctor as a more 'rascally uncle with a gleam in his eye' character as with Two would be a good change of pace.

I like the idea of Carlyle, although a Begbie Doc would be truly scary. The guy has got a great range though. Morrisey is a bit too Nine for my taste although he might surprise. A more downbeat Doc might not be a bad idea to follow Tennant though.

The two Docs idea is a good one with nice echoes of previous eps but kind of twisted if its this one and the next one/alternatve one. It's always funny to see the Doctor, the ultimate multiple personality, arguing with himself. I think it could happen, especially considering the presence of the hand on the T.A.R.D.I.S and if you think of Timecrash as being a bit of a dry run.

Interesting times.
    JUST ENOUGH KILL

sigpic
    Banner by Ciderdrinker

Comment

I see what you mean about DM being a bit too like Nine... though perhaps a bit more like a cross between Nine and Gene Hunt, which would be pretty awesome! Without the sexism though. Love him in this Blackpool clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDL0N4842MU

From discussion on the vip thread...how about this guy? Plays Omar Little on The Wire. If he can do an English accent. One thing I won't be doing with is a non English Doctor. Just cos! Unless he was French. That would be funny (ok, might get old quickly).

http://a6.vox.com/6a00cd97849482f9cc...7e56be2b-500pi
      Last edited by Wolfie Gilmore; 02-07-08, 03:47 PM.

Comment

I really want to see a Doctor who is basically House. How much fun would that be?!!! They're already kind of similar in that both try to shun people (well, the Doctor more just distances himself, but same slippery slope), but ultimately do actually need their friends. Plus, someone as acerbic and cynical as House WITH time travelling abilities?! Result: awesome!

I wonder if he could pull it off ... Alan Cumming! (Boris in Goldeneye, Mr. Elton in Emma, and apparently the voice of Black Beauty ...)
        http://www.nancarrow-webdesk.com/war...mg.71595_t.jpg
        http://nymag.com/images/2/daily/inte...umming_lgl.jpg
        http://farm1.static.flickr.com/50/14...872989.jpg?v=0

Comment

Originally posted by The_Narrator View Post
          I really want to see a Doctor who is basically House. How much fun would that be?!!! They're already kind of similar in that both try to shun people (well, the Doctor more just distances himself, but same slippery slope), but ultimately do actually need their friends. Plus, someone as acerbic and cynical as House WITH time travelling abilities?! Result: awesome!
          I'd love to see a really grumpy Doctor. Especially if Hugh Laurie...ok, unlikely. But I have loved that man since I was a little girl, so would be awesome.

Not keen on Mr Cumming though. Too silly. I still remember him most from The High Life!

Comment

Going back to my older Doctor thing, The obvious candidate for that particular tyoe oif Doctor would be Bill Nighy. He's got that certain Whoeyness about him already.

Others I think could be interesting : Julian Rhind-Tutt, Damien Lewis, Colin Firth, Martin Freeman, Rhys Ifans, Anthony Stewart Head, Richard E Grant and the bloke from Lock Stock.

The clothes are just about as important for me though. It needs to be something different from what's gone before without being too zany. I'd like a Hawaian shirt and possibly a straw hat to be in there somewhere.
            JUST ENOUGH KILL

sigpic
            Banner by Ciderdrinker

Comment

[QUOTE=tangent;237381

Others I think could be interesting : Julian Rhind-Tutt, Anthony Stewart Head...[/quote]

I am so so up for either of those. JRT is my second runner in fantasy Doctor's after Tamsin G. In many ways , Green Wing operates in a similar crazy universe to the Doctor, where anything can happen, and everyone's just a bit OTT.

For those who don't know his gingerness....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/grap...tjulian308.jpg

http://www.julianrhind-tutt.co.uk/images/skyscraper.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/26/27...15809e.jpg?v=0

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ap-1022693.png

The clothes are just about as important for me though. It needs to be something different from what's gone before without being too zany. I'd like a Hawaian shirt and possibly a straw hat to be in there somewhere.
              Yess! I think that'd be hilarious. Will mull over other outfit options too.
              Last edited by Wolfie Gilmore; 02-07-08, 10:52 PM.

Comment

I want a ginger doctor. Either Damien Lewis or Rupert Penry-Jones although he is kind of young looking. But so is DT so whatever. I would also not object to Martin Freeman. He's adorable.

Comment

I'm now having a fantasy in which TG is the new Doctor, and Bill Bailey is her companion.

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/80180...5397277B4DC33E

Though, I just had the most adorable idea for the next Doctor:

http://www.aboutrufus.com/BBC-TOS7.jpg

Aww! Don't you just want to put him in your TARDIS and take him home with you?
                  Last edited by Wolfie Gilmore; 02-07-08, 11:32 PM.

Comment

http://www.aboutrufus.com/BBC-TOS7.jpg

Aww! Don't you just want to put him in your TARDIS and take him home with you?
                    Haha! Absolutely! Thought Mitchell was BRILLIANT on Peep Show. 'I cant sack anyone - I'm like British Leyland in 1976!' He'd be the perfect Straight Man to a Funny Man Companion.

Comment

I know; quoting yourself is very pretentious but I just read that back and realised i've cast Howard Moon as the Next Doctor.

"I don't need a sonic screwdriver. I'm the Doctor. There's a simple truth to me."
                      JUST ENOUGH KILL

sigpic
                      Banner by Ciderdrinker

Comment

Originally posted by The_Narrator View Post
                        Haha! Absolutely! Thought Mitchell was BRILLIANT on Peep Show. 'I cant sack anyone - I'm like British Leyland in 1976!' He'd be the perfect Straight Man to a Funny Man Companion.
                        I wonder who'd go well with him...? Maybe quite a brutish girl, along the lines of Ace? So he could be the more mild-mannered one? He could be a more non-intereferey Doctor who feels more distanced from humanity - not in a lonely way, but in more of an estranged/slightly autistic kind of a way, after realising that getting too close as tennant has only led to pain...

Originally posted by tangent View Post
                        I know; quoting yourself is very pretentious but I just read that back and realised i've cast Howard Moon as the Next Doctor.

"I don't need a sonic screwdriver. I'm the Doctor. There's a simple truth to me."
                        Genius! Though I think Vince would probably get more viewers in the 13-15 demographic (which I imagine they want to chase, since they've already got people like you and me as gimmes).

Comment

I still think Russell Brand would make an excellent Doctor. He's the inevitable conclusion of David Tennant because of:
                          -LOL hair
                          -insane amounts of enthusiasm
                          -so, where, exactly, do I put this screwdriver?
                          I'm well aware that no one in the history of the world will agree with me ever, though, so I'll back Wolfie up on the Tamsin Grieg idea because... well, there's no way that wouldn't be good.

On the other hand, Tangent's Doctor with a simple truth to him sounds wonderful as well. Although, could Howard really pull off being a real man of action? And Vincey just wouldn't be able to step into Donna's resourceful shoes.
                          "When people call people nerds, mostly what they are saying is, 'You like stuff', which is just not a good insult at all, like 'You are too enthusiastic about the miracle of human consciousness'."
                          -John Green

Comment

Originally posted by Rosamunde View Post
                            I still think Russell Brand would make an excellent Doctor. He's the inevitable conclusion of David Tennant because of:
                            -LOL hair
                            -insane amounts of enthusiasm
                            -so, where, exactly, do I put this screwdriver?
                            I'm well aware that no one in the history of the world will agree with me ever...
                            I imagine Captain Jack would be quite pleased to find the Doctor has turned into such a slut!

... though, so I'll back Wolfie up on the Tamsin Grieg idea because... well, there's no way that wouldn't be good.
                            Exactly! She could even bring her own stethoscope from the set of Green wIng.

On the other hand, Tangent's Doctor with a simple truth to him sounds wonderful as well. Although, could Howard really pull off being a real man of action? And Vincey just wouldn't be able to step into Donna's resourceful shoes.
                            I don't think he'd like Donna's shoes. Not pointy enough.

In other news, I have toothache. I think watching Doctor Who would cure it.

Comment

I would explode from joy if Russell Brand was the next Doctor. That would be freaking hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikole View Post
                                I would explode from joy if Russell Brand was the next Doctor. That would be freaking hilarious.

He's already half-way there. He wears the same outfit all the time and has an inventive way of expressing himself.
                                "When people call people nerds, mostly what they are saying is, 'You like stuff', which is just not a good insult at all, like 'You are too enthusiastic about the miracle of human consciousness'."
                                -John Green

Comment

I just want to sit down and CRY!!!! I don't want there to be a new Doctor!!! ***stamps foot - pounds floor***

I really liked the first "new" doctor in this new series. Then - I really liked David Tennent. I would rather the Doctor stay young-ish. And I like the suggestion of a
                                  "House-like" Doctor. That would be really cool!

But I like the "jumpy, quirkiness" of the last two doctors and I like their stylishness - each one different (leather jacket, Chuck Taylor's).

But at this time I'm in mourning for Tennent... *sob*
                                  -TP<3
                                  "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                                  - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

So I thought and thought about this and then I thought I had the perfect answer...Mr Tamsin Outhwaite - Tom Ellis. So I IMDB'd him and to my complete surprise he's already been in Dr Who! He was Dr Thomas Millegan from "The Last Of The Time Lords", who Martha's now shacked up with. So that'd be a no to that idea. Although I do think the Doctor looking exactly the same as an ex-companion's fiance is kinda funny....

I'm totally against Russell Brand (even if it was a joke) because I saw him in St Trinian's and that was an experience I wouldn't want to repeat. Also, shallow as I am, I want a young (well, reasonably young at least), good looking doctor, not something from the Hair Bare Bunch, or a grumpy old man like DI Jack Frost or some heavyweight british actor. I wouldn't be adverse to an ethnic doctor though... ooh Colin Salmon, no wait he's been in Dr Who too! Oh I know who I'd love to be the Doctor - John Simm, no wait....

Oh sod it, I'll go for Martin Freeman or David Morrisey!
                                    sigpic

Peter Capaldi is the 12th Doctor

Comment

So, I'm now thinking Rusty should use his Gay Agenda in the service of women, and fulfil the fantasies of every lesbian on the planet...make Kate Moennig the next Doctor!
                                      (IE Shane from the L Word)

http://outtakeonline.com/uploaded_im...ne2-725589.jpg

Ok, this is totally just becoming a "who I fancy" thread. But sod it. As ciderdrinker said...shallowness...it's a thing.

Comment

I thought I'd bring this up here rather than the main season thread:-

Who would you want the next companion to be? What sex, race, personality would you like to see this time, and who would you want to play them? Obviously, there's River Song to consider, but I don't see that happening just yet. Their relationship seemed too intimate for this Doctor to get into at the moment - maybe in a companion or two.

For me I would like to see the Doctor on his own for a while, just an episode or two. It always seems to convenient that he loses a companion in the season finale and finds another one in the Christmas ep, but even so...

I think it would be nice to have a companion from another time period - like the seventies, or something. Show them a bit of the future and the universe, so that they can go on to be great in our time period. Might be a bit confusing though.

It would be nice to have a male companion for a change too. Someone who'll be a challenge for the Doctor to straighten out - maybe a ASBO'd hoodie who's on track to a life of crime/drugs etc?

How about someone from outside of London, and maybe a bit older too would be a nice change.

Actor/actress wise I'd want someone who can do great drama, but pull the funny in a "I don't realise why" kinda way (I'm thinking Miss Angelista's crack in The Silence Of The Library). In my head I can imagine Will Mellor being really great, but then I love everything about him, so I can see him in nearly anything! And while I'm on the Two Pints kick, how about Natalie Cassidy. I think she's a brilliant actress/comedian and would like to see her in something which stretched her a bit.

So anyway, enough of the ramble...what are your thoughts?
                                        sigpic

Peter Capaldi is the 12th Doctor

Comment

Working...
                                        X