Niki/Jessica fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niki/Jessica fans?

Niki is my favorite character in Heroes, any other fans on here?

I loved the Niki/Jessica struggle, she had some of the most personal turmoil to deal with in the series. Her storyline with D.L. and their son was mostly seperate from the main Season 1 story, but it stood out to me.

Plus, let's not forget Ali Larter is amazingly hot. So, she's sexy, she has a kind side battling with a dangerous side, she also has to raise her son...

All in all, I think Niki is underrated. And very hot.

I don't know how you couldn't like Niki. Just the turmoil in her life alone is entertaining enough and makes for an excellent storyline. But Jessica thrown into the mix makes it all the better. I just remembered watching the episodes after she turned herself in and just hoping for another scene with her in it. I love when she split that nightstick in half - wow!

::Shadow of Reflection::
    NOW CAPPING YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOWS AND MOVIES!!! See them HERE...

Comment

Nikki/Jessica is probably my least fav of the good guys. Her "power" seems to only benefit herself. Everyone else has an ability that makes them useful to the world. I like the Nikki part, but generally felt like she wasn't being strong enough. She knew what was happening and let it.
      "All I ask is that... that you try to see me."

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian's Kitten View Post
        Nikki/Jessica is probably my least fav of the good guys. Her "power" seems to only benefit herself. Everyone else has an ability that makes them useful to the world. I like the Nikki part, but generally felt like she wasn't being strong enough. She knew what was happening and let it.
        I disagree. Niki had no idea how to control Jessica or her power until "Godsend" and, even then, she had no idea she took control. Even in "Fallout," it was clearly laid out by Jessica that Niki was too weak to control her own body and that Jessica was calling the shots. It wasn't until later episodes, like 1.18, where it was revealed that Niki was starting to gain strength and break through just long enough to do small things without Jessica realizing.

I personally don't see how her power is any less beneficial than Claire's regeneration ability or Nathan's flying power. It's a matter of how she uses it. And Jessica, yeah, she was using it solely to benefit herself. That's who Jessica is. She's selfish and looking out for herself and Micah.

And Niki not being strong enough is...well...who Niki is. That's the character they created and built on from the beginning. And it took all the way until the end of the season for her to learn otherwise. Yes, Niki knew what was happening - to an extent - but there was no way for her to dominate Jessica and take over her own body to fix things and, even if she could, she knew that Jessica was able to handle and her interfering would mess things up even more. That was her mindset all season.

So...Yeah. I disagree. Niki and Jessica are my favorite characters on the show (yes, I consider them two different characters 'cause...well...they are ). They're so complex and creative and Ali Larter blows my mind every week with her portrayal of either character. I can't say I prefer one portrayal over the other (IE: Niki over Jessica or Jessica over Niki) but...yeah. She's amazing.

I really hope the writers don't go crazy and give her the ax next season. She's a brilliant addition to the cast.
        wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

Originally posted by Heather View Post

I personally don't see how her power is any less beneficial than Claire's regeneration ability or Nathan's flying power. It's a matter of how she uses it. And Jessica, yeah, she was using it solely to benefit herself. That's who Jessica is. She's selfish and looking out for herself and Micah.
          But Claire can enter very dangerous situations to rescue people and Nathan can fly folks to safety. I agree that they have to have the inclination to to that, but having a split personality prone to violence and stealing doesn't seem as likely to help the general population.

I want to clarify that I have no particular problem with Nikki, I just felt like everyone else was focused on helping others and she was focused on herself (and quite reasonably: her son).

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian's Kitten View Post
            But Claire can enter very dangerous situations to rescue people and Nathan can fly folks to safety. I agree that they have to have the inclination to to that, but having a split personality prone to violence and stealing doesn't seem as likely to help the general population.

I want to clarify that I have no particular problem with Nikki, I just felt like everyone else was focused on helping others and she was focused on herself (and quite reasonably: her son).
            And Niki can lift a car off of somebody or break down a steel door to free trapped people or throw an attacker out a window. Her power isn't the split personality. It's the super strength/agility. There's a theory that Jessica's power is to be able to take over people's bodies. But that's not Niki's power.

It also really doesn't help that the writers never gave Niki anything heroic to do, which is the big beef I have with them. Jessica was written to be the selfish one, Niki was written to be the heroic one. But they never gave Niki anything to do that helps anyone else but Micah or DL.

Sorry if it seems like I'm attacking you or your opinion. Just trying to keep a discussion flowing with how I see things and how you see things.

Comment

Don't worry about my feelings; I enjoy the arguing-it's why I'm here.

I will concede that if Nikki can have the strength without Jessica than she could be a "hero".

Comment

I actually quite like Nikki really (Ali Larter already becoming my favourite like Erica Durance, but neither will ever overcome Amber Benson unless they have a even better personality then Amber herself, althought being equal personality could bring it up).

Anyway question, in five years later Nikki says Jessica is dead, how is Jessica dead yet Nikki is still walking around?

Hilda Celeriac: You better tell me everything or I am gonna go Lex Luthor on your ass!
                Hey guys, if you know Amber is coming to Brisbane or anywhere near it, then page me (Well PM, just referencing Buffy)

Comment

Originally posted by Willow's Tara View Post
                  I actually quite like Nikki really (Ali Larter already becoming my favourite like Erica Durance, but neither will ever overcome Amber Benson unless they have a even better personality then Amber herself, althought being equal personality could bring it up).

Anyway question, in five years later Nikki says Jessica is dead, how is Jessica dead yet Nikki is still walking around?
                  In "Five Years Gone..."

Spoiler:
                  Peter tells her Niki that Jessica's gone and that she can look in the mirror as many times as she wants but nobody's gonna look back but herself. According to "Six Months Ago," Jessica IS dead - Niki's twin sister who was killed by their father. The only people in Niki's life who are said to be "dead" in "Five Years Gone" were Micah and DL. Plus, Niki and Jessica are just two...entities sharing one body. If one's gone, the other can still use the body.

And in "How to Stop an Exploding Man..."

Spoiler:
                  Niki somehow managed to:

A) Merge into one person with Jessica
                  B) Dominate Jessica and take control of her body
                  C) Kick Jessica out of her body completely

And was still fine. We still don't know how Jessica became a part of Niki or what really happened in the finale. Hopefully all will be explain in Season 2...well...most of it.

Comment

Oh I see, well the whole Nikki/Jessica did have me confused, but it does make sense

Hilda Celeriac: You better tell me everything or I am gonna go Lex Luthor on your ass!
                    Hey guys, if you know Amber is coming to Brisbane or anywhere near it, then page me (Well PM, just referencing Buffy)

Comment

My only problem was that the show shifts gears so much with Niki's story that it seemed like a separate series altogether, which would've been fine with me. I love her character/s; what better part for an actress than to play both ends of the spectrum?
                      Entrer dans la lumi?re comme un insecte fou respirer la poussi?re vous venir ? genoux - Patricia Kaas

Comment

Working...
                      X