Bones Season 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bones Season 4

So I guess in the midst of all the strike nonsense and my absence from here in March that I missed the big news that Bones got renewed for a fourth season! (Forgive me for being behind the times here--and it didn't see another thread here on this yet!)

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman...72619597.shtml

But I'm a little concerned/annoyed about the 20-episode thing--why only 20 epps, instead of the usual 22?! I'm still also pissed about getting short-changed episode-wise in season 2 (not even counting the strike that affected everyone!), and really want that episode made up somewhere down the line....do you think this is just a precaution, and that they'll add two more episodes later (though if that were the case why do 20 in the first place?!) or are Fox just being mean and giving Bones a short season so they have more room for American IdiotIdol in the spring, or something? What do you guys think? I suppose though if they're going to shoot in foreign countries like it says there that they might want to cut two episodes to save money!

That sounds exciting though, going to another country! I wonder what they'll be doing there--should be awesome! Any thoughts?
    Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Yeah, I read an interview at one of those conventions and someone (forgot who) was talking about shooting in England for the two-hour Season 4 premiere, and this was before I knew it had been renewed. SO, I jumped for joy.

But, where did this 20 episode thing come into play? Crap

Comment

Well, lately networks seem to playing with episode orders more than they did before. Sometimes they have increased it to 23 or 25 or even 27. And sometimes they have been cutting a few instead. 22 is increasingly becoming no longer the norm.

And my guess would be that it is indeed American Idol related. They may have shaved off a couple episodes because of scheduling conflicts or something. Lame, I agree.
      sigpic
      follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
        Well, lately networks seem to playing with episode orders more than they did before. Sometimes they have increased it to 23 or 25 or even 27. And sometimes they have been cutting a few instead. 22 is increasingly becoming no longer the norm.
        Yeah, like wasn't season 3 originally renewed for more than 22 episodes?! And then we got slammed by the strike....I still want that made-up epp for season 2's loss due to Fox's stupidity, that just pisses me off so much....

I sure hope they charge less for a DVD season with 2 less epps as well, dammit..... Otherwise it's bullsh*t....

And I feel 22 should stay the norm (unless of course it's a case like with the strike), or more of course... How many season 3 epps will we have anyway by the end?

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

Originally posted by sherrilina View Post
          How many season 3 epps will we have anyway by the end?

15, I believe. And that's with PUP. Sucks, I know. But what are you gonna do?
          sigpic
          follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

15, I believe. And that's with PUP. Sucks, I know. But what are you gonna do?
            With PUP? What the f*ck?! What freaking cheapscapes! Yet another reason to hate Fox....I don't know, maybe we can start a campaign for 2 more episodes next season! Or storm Fox headquarters...

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

How did I miss this one? So gald it's coming back. Although Veronica Mars was renewed for 20 episode third season and we all know what happened there.
              My DVD Collection:
              http://www.dvdspot.com/list.php?memb...dVM&list=owned

Comment

I know it really sucks how few episodes we get this season and next season not getting a full 22 is a pain but I'm just really glad we are getting a season 4, with Fox's reputation for cancelling shows I really didn't see this is as a possibility!

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                  I know it really sucks how few episodes we get this season and next season not getting a full 22 is a pain but I'm just really glad we are getting a season 4, with Fox's reputation for cancelling shows I really didn't see this is as a possibility!
                  Well, given Bones's status now I thought it would probably be renewed, but you can never know for sure, given Fox....it is a dream come true though, one we could only barely hope for back at the beginning of season 2.... I'm so happy that this show has survived, and is now an established Fox show like House (though not as popular of course), in spite of Fox's crappy treatment of it. I wish stupid TWOP would take down their little poll in their 4-epp Bones section saying "So what's David Boreanaz going to do when Bones gets cancelled, since this show sucks so much and is clearly not going to be around long?" (Or something to that effect)....

In your face TWOP!

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

I wish stupid TWOP would take down their little poll in their 4-epp Bones section saying "So what's David Boreanaz going to do when Bones gets cancelled, since this show sucks so much and is clearly not going to be around long?" (Or something to that effect)....

In your face TWOP!
                    This is the main reason I don't like TWOP. They are clever and witty and funny....but they seem to hate pretty much every show I like. I mean, they are fans and are certainly entitled to their opinions, but I don't like reading a bunch of negative crap about the things I like. I don't understand why they even bother recapping shows they obviously don't like. /semi OT
                    sigpic

Comment

This is the main reason I don't like TWOP. They are clever and witty and funny....but they seem to hate pretty much every show I like. I mean, they are fans and are certainly entitled to their opinions, but I don't like reading a bunch of negative crap about the things I like. I don't understand why they even bother recapping shows they obviously don't like. /semi OT
                      But they don't even recap Bones--they decided it sucked after FOUR episodes of season 1, and without ever giving it a second chance disbarred it from ever being one of the ones recapped forever, which I find to be ridiculous, especially given it's popularity and ratings! GG is really the only show I watch mentioned there....

Though maybe Bones is better off not being recapped by them...

In any case, I'm so happy there's a season 4, and can't wait to see where globally they will go!

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                        I thought exactly the same thing! I'm almost to even watch anything on Fox because of being burned by them so many times in the past! I was just sure as soon as I got for any Fox show, it would end with me !

Well, given Bones's status now I thought it would probably be renewed, but you can never know for sure, given Fox....it is a dream come true though, one we could only barely hope for back at the beginning of season 2.... I'm so happy that this show has survived, and is now an established Fox show like House (though not as popular of course), in spite of Fox's crappy treatment of it. I wish stupid TWOP would take down their little poll in their 4-epp Bones section saying "So what's David Boreanaz going to do when Bones gets cancelled, since this show sucks so much and is clearly not going to be around long?" (Or something to that effect)....

In your face TWOP!
                        Well, it seems to be down now. And in your face is the mantra of TWOP. Don't you just wonder why they even bother maintaining a entire section with only four eps in it? It just hasn't been the same since it was bought out.

And the whole time they are grading the eps A's and B's! I forget how I stumbled on them years ago - I may have been looking for recaps of Buffy, actually! How weird is that?! Anyway, it was their 24 recaps that kept me coming back. I love my shows and all, and I would fight to the death why I love them, but perfect, they ain't. It was a (then) refreshing change from some sites all encompassing perfection attitude of TV recapping. I like a good nit pick or continuity debate now and then! The venom of some of their recappers was so over the top that I couldn't even take it seriously, but their recaps were accurate! (Many weren't then - of course that was before I found here!) TWOP is definitely not mainstream.

But they don't even recap Bones--they decided it sucked after FOUR episodes of season 1, and without ever giving it a second chance disbarred it from ever being one of the ones recapped forever, which I find to be ridiculous, especially given it's popularity and ratings! GG is really the only show I watch mentioned there....

Though maybe Bones is better off not being recapped by them...

In any case, I'm so happy there's a season 4, and can't wait to see where globally they will go!
                        Double for me! But, I am to admit it, I would probably read the recaps if they were there! Some of my best continuity arguments originated from the recaps there.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X