Heroes according to Cristine Rose...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroes according to Cristine Rose...

As many of you know I work for a convention company and this weekend, we had a Heroes convention here in the UK with six guests along from the show, two of those guests included Cristine Rose (Angela Petrelli) and David Anders (Adam) and during one the guest talk that these two guests did on stage together, Cristine actually sumarised how the Company got together, and how the Heroes are all actually linked..... well... in her eyes,

This was purely for fun, and nothing is spoilery.

Cristine stated that Angela went to Woodstock back in 1969 when she met with all of the other members of "The Company" at was here that they all rocked out, and did some crazy mushrooms... and next thing they knew, they all had powers.

And, apparantly, a while back, Angie was a bit of a bad girl. Angela slept with all of the Company's men... and had multiple children to them all. Nathan was her son to Linderman, while Peter was her son to the late Mr. Petrelli. Hiro was her son to Kaito Nakamura. The Hatian was actually her son to Charles Devaux, (she decided, since Simone would make it a bit too weird - she also explained that's why Simone doesn't have any powers, ). Elle was her daughter with Bob. And apparantly she also slept with Adam! She did say that Angie got around,

She also stated, that the company was never evil, it was Adam that had led them all astray.

This actually came from some truth, when she heard about the storylines with Linderman, she had actually decided, in her mind, that Nathan was actually her son to Linderman, as she had, in her past, had a huge crush on Malcolm McDowell, and so she decided that Angie had been with him. She apparantly dropped hints with the production crew and told them all that this was her theory, and from that, she began to link all of the Heroes back to her and her "wild" time in her past with the company.

Sorry, I have to say I found her theory quite amusing, and figured I would share it with some of you guys. It was of course all done as a joke, and Cristine just loved to make up a past for "Angie" as she called her... but I do think it would definitely be interesting to see some more of the company's past, and Angela's involvement with the other characters... perhaps they may take on her idea of having Linderman as Nathan's real father? She did however state that the more hints you drop to production the more likely it is that they will do the opposite, and so I don't see this actually happening.

For anyone wondering, Tim Kring HAS in fact told Cristine what her power is, so as she been acting in the last few episodes, she was aware of her power, and had adapted her character in knowing this. So there may be little hints to go back and look over for clues as to what her power is,

Sorry for the complete informality and randomness of this thread, but I wanted to share this little story Cristine gave, and see if anyone else found it amusing. It was of course far funnier, and far more unexpected I think the word is, when it came from Cristine, she was just a hilarious person to meet, and a lovely person,

SJ
    xox
    sigpic
    Art by Sayjay at Radiance

I thought Angela's power was pretty self-evident at this point, personally. I don't know if there's spoilers out there, or if she told you, Slay, but
    Spoiler:
    based on the scene with Rena Sofer, and looking back at her handling of her sons (literally), she has a species of the same power as Eden had, but hers is tactile -- she can use her touch to make people pliable to suggestion.
    sigpic
    Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
      I thought Angela's power was pretty self-evident at this point, personally. I don't know if there's spoilers out there, or if she told you, Slay, but
      Spoiler:
      based on the scene with Rena Sofer, and looking back at her handling of her sons (literally), she has a species of the same power as Eden had, but hers is tactile -- she can use her touch to make people pliable to suggestion.
      Spoiler:

I had figured her power was the power of 'persausion' but from what was discussed, she did make it out as though there were more to her power that she didn't drop hints on as well... so I'm not sure if there is still something else about her power too. Tim Kring had told her not to tell anyone what it was though, and she did stick by that at the event.

SJ
      x
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks so much for the report! I'm a Heroes/Cristine fan who found this on a google search. Being an Angela fan I have to refute what is under those spoiler tags and since it's not a spoiler but spec, what's under the tags, I think it's okay to say:

Cristine says she does not have the power of persuasion, in the latest Heroes magazine:

"No, no. I think she's just a very manipulative woman, she's use to getting her way. Look if I had that power, Nathan wouldn't have gone and stopped the explosion (laughs)"
        The touching you refer to in the Heidi scene was confirmed on the commentary for that episode as something Cristine came up with on set, and was NOT in the script.

However spoilers:
        Spoiler:
        Writers from the show say Angela's power has been well established on the show (Word Ballon podcast) And if you look at the pilot you will see her power (10th wonder podcast)

Back last year TV Guide posted one hint to Angela's power and a full out confirmation. That can be found here LINK

I say dreaming, but for sure not persuasion.

Comment

I took it that her power was premonitions while dreaming. I mean where else could Peter get that power from? No other hero he has met has had that power and from the comics in between the episodes, we know it wasn't his dad that the power came from, so it must be Angela. She's the only one whose power we haven't seen really, yet from the first episode Peter has a premonition while he is dreaming.

Though I do think there may be something else. That there might be the chance she can do more with it, like Matt can with his power.
          sigpic
          Go ahead, call it a coccoon crash

Comment

Originally posted by Arashmaharr View Post
            I took it that her power was premonitions while dreaming. I mean where else could Peter get that power from? No other hero he has met has had that power and from the comics in between the episodes, we know it wasn't his dad that the power came from, so it must be Angela. She's the only one whose power we haven't seen really, yet from the first episode Peter has a premonition while he is dreaming.

Though I do think there may be something else. That there might be the chance she can do more with it, like Matt can with his power.
            I was under the impression that was Charles Devaux's power. We know that he had a power and was a part of the Company, and it was when Peter was with Charles that he had the dreams. Not to mention that near the end of season one, Peter wound up having a dream where Charles was showing him things and talking to him. And Peter's very first premonition dream (when he saw Nathan's car accident) came directly after his very first meeting with Charles Devaux.

Again, I am under the impression that Cristine's power is the power of persausion to use her mind to try and get into other people's and force their hand at something - something more suggestive and mind-controlling rather than Eden's power where she had to tell someone what to do.

SJ
            xox
            sigpic

Comment

If her power is persuasion, why didn't it work on Claire or Nathan at the end of Season 1? They were both with her for a little while at the end of Season 1 and yet Claire decided to jump through the window rather than go along with the bomb and Nathan saved the city from the bomb. I don't remember her touching Claire but if it meant letting the bomb go off why wouldnt, she if she had the power?
              Just one rule... I don't want to date a twin... I've been traded before.

Comment

Working...
              X