This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veronica Mars and DC come together...

...to continue Veronica Mars in comic book form.

Originally posted by Watch with Kristen
    As for Veronica Mars, Thomas tells me: "I think the best odds for seeing the continuation of the Veronica Mars story is in comic-book form. I had a meeting with DC Comics last week. They want to do the series. I want to do the series. It's just a matter of making a deal and figuring out when I have the time to write it. And perhaps a feature screenplay will follow."
    Okay so before I give my opinion on this, is this how things are going to go now? If a show gets cancelled before its time they just do it in comic book form?

I really don't know how I feel about them I mean....bah, I would just rather read fanfic...or you know go with mine and Heather's own continuation *shamelss plug here* I mean the reason I love the show so much is the actors/characters and well...we won't have the actors sooo...yeah. I mean the Season 8 comics don't bug me but VM feels like it would be different.

I will probably read them just because of the fan inside but I'm not saying I will enjoy them dammit!!
    Love to write? Take the Fanfic Challenge!

Unapologetic Mockers: BACK WITH AN ALL NEW LAYOUT!

Hey, that's something at least. Good to see new stories, but of course it doesn't come close to a tv-season with a brilliant cast.

That said, if Buffy can pull it off, maybe Mars can.

Comment

I admit- when I heard this I was disappointed. I much prefer VM continue in some form of video media... with BtVS/AtS, I don't mind it but with VM, eh... I do...
      Banner by Digital Leonardo

Comment

One upside to the comic medium is that all the "actors" are available every issue. No "we only have Francis Capra for 6 episodes and Percy Daggs for 8 episodes" nonsense that made Season 3 especially so brutal.
        sigpic
        Banner by LRae12

Comment

King- True good point but will they still jump to the FBI theory? Or start of with the first year of college?
          Banner by Digital Leonardo

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessed View Post
            King- True good point but will they still jump to the FBI theory? Or start of with the first year of college?
            OMG I hope they won't go with the FBI thing. *shudders* I seriously hope that this dreadful idea has died and will never come back!

Anyway I probably won't read those comics anyway, not being a fan of comics. I think I will prefer reading Heather and Joe's fanfic!

RT's other option (making a movie) would have been much more satisfying IMO but then again I guess it's more difficult to pull off (what with the financing and getting all the actors under contract etc. etc.).

Comment

This would suit me so much better than any fanfic continuation. I don't read fics and I never really have - I've tried several times and I don't know why but they just don't do it for me.
              Comics on the other hand, I read anyway and I love. So if there would ever be a VM comic I would definitely pick it up. (Even if it meant I had to venture into the world of DC - eeek!)
              >> and we want s p e c t a c u l a r v i e w s if we're to stay for the w e e k e n d <<

Comment

Originally posted by Cori View Post
                OMG I hope they won't go with the FBI thing. *shudders* I seriously hope that this dreadful idea has died and will never come back!
                We'll see it on the Season 3 boxset. The nearly 10 minute trailer RT used to pitch the idea to the CW head honchos will be a special feature. I'm actually very interested in seeing what it's like. Currrrriooouusss....

Originally posted by Cori
                Anyway I probably won't read those comics anyway, not being a fan of comics. I think I will prefer reading Heather and Joe's fanfic!
                You flatter JoeJoe and I. But thanks. I'm actually not too hyped up about this idea, either. VM is so great because of the actors and the raw emotion they give to the writing. But...I'll probably pick up a couple copies of the comic just to see what it's like.

Originally posted by Cori
                RT's other option (making a movie) would have been much more satisfying IMO but then again I guess it's more difficult to pull off (what with the financing and getting all the actors under contract etc. etc.).
                Indeed. I agree completely with you. I think RT should've tried what Joss did with Firefly - do the movie and then do the comics. The movie would satisfy so many more fans and might even open up a chance for a revival of the show in movie form. But it's too risky and difficult to do, making a movie. There's no garuntee RT would pitch it and have the executives like it and decide to make it. Which sadens me...

But like I said: I'll check out the comics but I'd much prefer he attempted the movie first.
                wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

I'm actually kinda psyched. I could totally see VM with blocky, noir art, I think some of the more subtle subtexts in the show could be emphasized in visual form. DC was a good choice.

An movie would be more ideal, but seriously, how likely is that to happen. Veronica Mars doesn't have a large enough fan base to drum up that kind of support needed for that kind of funding. A comic version might be lame, but I think it might also be really cool so I for one will check it out if it comes into print.

On another note. Super mega snaps for Heather and EndersWrath!! I can't wait for your forth season!! I can't wait to see what such talented writers will do for VM.
                  sigpic
                  the seasons have changed, but even through the rain I can still see your eyes.

Comment

I really would prefer VM to continue as a movie or something like that, but I think it will be pretty good as a comic as well. I agree with Lexus is it would look awesome with the Noir style art work. I mean continuing in comic form is kind of liked 'Oh hey, Buffy is doing it. Lets do that to!' Thats how I'm seeing it anyway, I think a movie would be so much better, but I will definitely read the comics if they happen.
                    sigpic
                    Go ahead, call it a coccoon crash

Comment

I agree, I don't think this would be a good idea...

I think if they bought back the season mystery it could work fairly well but the wit and humour in the series, which is so important, can only really come across through the writing and acting.

A fan fic, or film perhaps, a comic...nah!

Comment

I'm not overly fond of the idea. While I do think that comic book style might do well to reflect the noir aspects of the series, I'm just not sure that the quick wit of some of our favoured characters would ever really be reflected all that well in a comic.

Not to mention, having seen season three and the direction that it went in, I'm not entirely certain that it's something I would particularly want to read. I still haven't sat down to watch the last couple of episodes as I just haven't felt at all motivated to do so, and I know others who felt the same. I just don't think that I would have any motivation to actually go out and buy a comic, unless someone told me that it was truly brilliant and had totally redeemed itself after the third season.

To be honest, my interest in Veronica Mars waned from the second season three began, and perhaps I am a little jaded on the idea of a comic because of that. I do still love the first two seasons, but just don't picture a comic continuation from season three to be worthwhile.

Anyway, that's just my opinion, as I say I am a tad jaded, but hey.
                        SJ
                        xox
                        sigpic
                        Art by Sayjay at Radiance

Comment

Working...
                        X