Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season 7 spoilers & discussion thread (without tags)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Season 7 spoilers & discussion thread (without tags)

    Okay I just read some spoilers about season 7 on spoilerfix.com and thought I'd post them here and maybe we can get a discussion going.

    Smallville Spoilers

    Updated on June 6, 2007

    Smallville is currently on hiatus. Season 7 will start sometime in Fall 2007.

    General Spoilers:

    06/06 - One of my Smallville moles tells me that producers are looking for an "extremely hot" thirtysomething actor to play the new editor of the "Daily Planet" - presumably replacing that slacker Princess Leia, er, Pauline Kahn. He'll appear in six of the first eight episodes and, per my Super spy, will be a love interest for Lois Lane. Source: The Ausiello Report

    05/24 - On Michael Ausiello's latest Vodcast, John Glover (Lionel Luthor) spilled the beans that Martha Kent is definitely moving to Washington and therefore, Annette O'Toole would not be back next season as a series regular. Ausiello confirmed that she will probably pop up occasionally as a guest appearance. Also, according to Erica Durance (Lois Lane), Chloe is not really dead. That has NOT been confirmed. Source: The Ausiello Report

    02/14 - Michael Rosenbaum reveals: I think next season will definitely happen. [...] Next year will be my last year. I had a great run. I loved it, but that will be it for me. I think other people have longer contracts. I'm not going to say who, but I know that next year is the last for me. So, it will be very sad when it happens, but all good things must come to an end. Source: Kristin on E!Online

    02/10 - Alfred Gough reveals: Martian Manhunter will be an ongoing presence this season and perhaps into next. There are a finite number of Zoners, or so we are led to believe. But who knows, there may be more! Source: TV Guide Online

    12/07 - Alfred Gough reveals: [Jonathan Kent will probably not appear again. If we get a 7th season,] we'll just keep moving [Clark's] journey towards Superman further and introduce other DC comic characters. Source: BuddyTV
    I think the spoiler that makes me happiest is that Chloe might not be dead (because a season 7 without Chloe would suck so much). Apart from Lex, she is my favourite character and I wanna see her character further developed, especially now that we know what her power is (which I still find a bit cheesy though).

    I knew that season 7 is MR's last year and I just hope that SV writers will not further destroy Lex's character but actually give him a worthy send-off. A girl can always dream, right?

    So what do you expect from season 7? Any theories as to what will happen?
    Last edited by Cori; 12-06-07, 12:22 PM.

  • #2
    I've got to say it...
    If Lois Lane gets her job at the Daily Planet because she dates the editor or the paper, I'll be pissed. I mean, c'mon, whether you don't like Erica Durance as Lois or Lois on Smallville, it's still THE Lois Lane and for her to get her job because of that would be ridiculous.
    Last edited by Cori; 12-06-07, 06:02 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Thomas View Post
      I've got to say it...
      If Lois Lane gets her job at the Daily Planet because she dates the editor or the paper, I'll be pissed. I mean, c'mon, whether you don't like Erica Durance as Lois or Lois on Smallville, it's still THE Lois Lane and for her to get her job because of that would be ridiculous.
      I agree! I read that Gough or Millar said that many people won't like the way Lois will get into DP....if SV's Lois sleeps her way to the DP, I'm finally done with this stupid show. After seeing them make Lex freakin' Luthor look pathetic and dumb to make Lana look all cool and badass, after making Clark's character stall so much that I can't even see him as the hero he is supposed to be, because of his ridiculous Lana obsession, after seeing this show, that should be about a superhero, become "The many loves of Lana/Lanaville"... after all this and much more, if Lois is the new victim of character assassination, I'm done. They don't have any respect for any of these iconic characters, and they seem to be happy about SV being a crappy soap opera.

      I don't want new love interests, I don't want love triangles anymore! I want Clark to go back to college and start working as reporter (especially if this is the last season, I want him to start his training, and to accept his destiny...for good, and without forgetting it because of Lana as he kept doing so far.) I want Lois to get a job at the DP, but not by sleeping/dating the usual hot guy. I want Lex to stop being a loser, and become the cool, evil genious he is supposed to be. I want Lana not to be on SV anymore, but apparently she isn't going anywhere...after many of us had deluded themselves because of the rumors of KK quitting the show. What was the point of the death/fake death, again?

      Oh, yes...protecting Clark from Lex. Someone posted on Ksite and TWoP that next season Lana will be living with Clark at the farm... I strongly hope this will turn out to be false, otherwise I'm going to kill myself if I have to experience more and more Clana barn scenes, not to count the ridiculousness of Lana faking her death to protect Clark from Lex, and then hiding in Clark's barn!

      I really hope that they won't do that to Lois's character, I really do. And please, next season less soapy crap and more mythology.
      All in all, after season 6 I have little interest in the show..because I have no faith in the showrunners, who only care about Lana and Clana, screw character development and canon. Maybe it's a good thing that i have low expectations, maybe next year I'll be positively surprised! (wishful thinking? )

      /rant
      Last edited by Cori; 12-06-07, 06:02 PM.

      |LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
      Icon by xiperita

      Comment


      • #4
        *Is gonna avoid sparking a great debate in here...again...* I'll just go with, I vastly disagree with some of the comments in here.

        But I come bearing new news that, I'd imagine, a good chunk of SV and Superman fans will love to hear, if they haven't already...

        Though I am curious, why are we spoiler tagging the spoilers in here? I'm not going to since it is a spoilers thread.

        Supergirl Flies Into Smallville
        Source: The CW June 11, 2007


        Look, up in the sky: it's a bird, it's a plane! It's...Supergirl! This fall, Supergirl will be joining the lineup of burgeoning superheroes and villains in "Smallville." Supergirl is the latest DC Comics character to join the series that has previously welcomed Martian Manhunter, The Green Arrow, The Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg and Brainiac. Casting for the Supergirl role is currently underway. "Smallville" airs on Thursdays at 8:00-9:00 p.m. ET on The CW.

        On "Smallville," the seventh season premiere kicks off with the arrival of Supergirl, whose name is Kara, as Clark's (Tom Welling) 19-year-old cousin. She was born on Krypton and is the daughter of Zor-El, Jor-El's brother. Kara possesses all of Clark's powers and one he doesn't yet have ?? she can fly! Kara also has a strong, rebellious streak that puts her at odds with Clark, and puts her onto Lex's (Michael Rosenbaum) radar. In addition, she takes a romantic interest in Jimmy Olsen (Aaron Ashmore).

        "One of the joys of creating 'Smallville' has been our ability to reinvent and reinterpret classic DC Comics characters," said 'Smallville' executive producer Al Gough. "Miles and I believe that Supergirl will give our series the mythic jolt that it needs as we head into our seventh season."

        Reinterpreting the Superman mythology from its roots, "Smallville" was developed for television by Alfred Gough & Miles Millar (Shanghai Noon, Spider-Man 2), based on the DC Comics characters. Gough and Millar serve as executive producers, along with Ken Horton, Kelly Souders & Brian Peterson, Todd Slavkin & Darren Swimmer, James Marshall, Mike Tollin, Brian Robbins and Joe Davola. The series is produced by Tollin/Robbins Productions, Millar/Gough Ink and Warner Bros. Television. Superman was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Schuster.
        I'm a little wary of her being interested in Jimmy Olsen but it COULD be comical concerning interactions with Chloe. I just hope they don't kill her off like they killed off Jor-El's assisstant, whose name escapes me at the moment, in "Fallout."

        But I was originally thinking Kara would be a real teenager, not 19 years old. Which THAT had me worried, too. Young girls on big TV shows like these tend to not go over very well at first. But now that I know she's gonna be a 19? Much more relief.

        I'm really excited. I love the Supergirl story and I really like how the busting of the dam in 6.22 will have a significant role in bringing Kara onto the show. And, of course, it's nice that Clark will have companionship with someone else from Krypton and, lastly, that she'll be able to fly.

        So I'm pumped for Season 7. I really am. I love a good chunk of the spoilers I've read so far and am not very scared about how the writers will handle the stories next year. I'm definitely not gonna let a brief disliking of Clana ruin the entire show for me considering that this probably will be the last year of Smallville we'll be getting.
        wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

        YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Heather View Post
          *Is gonna avoid sparking a great debate in here...again...* I'll just go with, I vastly disagree with some of the comments in here.
          Well, yeah. It would be pointless. We disagree on 100% about SV, so I don't care about going there again!

          The SG spoiler actually makes me happy. That's the kind of things I want to see in this show (even though I'm wary about the new love triangle that it's coming, it seems...Chloe/Jimmy/SG. I hope it is humorous and light, at least. We have enough drama with Clana already! Let's hope they don't ruin her, let's hope she will be actually helpful in Clark's learning more about his powers and his journey.

          |LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
          Icon by xiperita

          Comment


          • #6
            OMG, Supergirl? I LOVE Supergirl! Can't wait.

            Though I always thought Chloe was going to turn out to be Power Girl. Mainly because of the breasts


            -- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Francy View Post
              I agree! I read that Gough or Millar said that many people won't like the way Lois will get into DP....if SV's Lois sleeps her way to the DP, I'm finally done with this stupid show. After seeing them make Lex freakin' Luthor look pathetic and dumb to make Lana look all cool and badass, after making Clark's character stall so much that I can't even see him as the hero he is supposed to be, because of his ridiculous Lana obsession, after seeing this show, that should be about a superhero, become "The many loves of Lana/Lanaville"... after all this and much more, if Lois is the new victim of character assassination, I'm done. They don't have any respect for any of these iconic characters, and they seem to be happy about SV being a crappy soap opera.

              I don't want new love interests, I don't want love triangles anymore! I want Clark to go back to college and start working as reporter (especially if this is the last season, I want him to start his training, and to accept his destiny...for good, and without forgetting it because of Lana as he kept doing so far.) I want Lois to get a job at the DP, but not by sleeping/dating the usual hot guy. I want Lex to stop being a loser, and become the cool, evil genious he is supposed to be. I want Lana not to be on SV anymore, but apparently she isn't going anywhere...after many of us had deluded themselves because of the rumors of KK quitting the show. What was the point of the death/fake death, again?

              Oh, yes...protecting Clark from Lex. Someone posted on Ksite and TWoP that next season Lana will be living with Clark at the farm... I strongly hope this will turn out to be false, otherwise I'm going to kill myself if I have to experience more and more Clana barn scenes, not to count the ridiculousness of Lana faking her death to protect Clark from Lex, and then hiding in Clark's barn!

              I really hope that they won't do that to Lois's character, I really do. And please, next season less soapy crap and more mythology.
              All in all, after season 6 I have little interest in the show..because I have no faith in the showrunners, who only care about Lana and Clana, screw character development and canon. Maybe it's a good thing that i have low expectations, maybe next year I'll be positively surprised! (wishful thinking? )

              /rant
              I agree 100% with you, Francy. I hope that they will not make Lois get the job at the DP because she sleeps with someone. Because not only does that send a very questionable message to young girls out there, I also don't think that it would be in character for Lois. Then again the SV writers don't seem to care much about tiny details like character continuation. / sigh

              Man I really hope that the whole Lana is hiding in Clark's barn thing is a foiler because I don't think I could stand watching that.

              Now the news about Supergirl sounds good. I'm sure it will be quite fun seeing Clark interact with her. Do we have any clue as to who might be cast for the role?

              I do not like the spoiler about Supergirl being a love interest for Jimmy though, not being a huge fan of Jimmy.

              A new spoiler from spoilerfix.com:

              06/12 - I've just been told that The Daily Planet is getting a new editor in chief named Greg. We'll be seeing quite a bit of him early in the season, and surprise, surprise, he's going to be the sexy, smart type. Source: Kristin on E!Online
              Last edited by Cori; 12-06-07, 06:12 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Cori View Post
                Now the news about Supergirl sounds good. I'm sure it will be quite fun seeing Clark interact with her. Do we have any clue as to who might be cast for the role?

                I do not like the spoiler about Supergirl being a love interest for Jimmy though, not being a huge fan of Jimmy.
                We won't find out until July, I think. The creators are announcing it at a convention in July, I think, so I'd imagine we'll know then, if not before. But I'm excited.

                And that's exactly why I didn't like that part of the spoiler. I'm not a fan of Jimmy, thus I don't really like Chloe with him (though they have great chemistry...I'm just stubborn like that). But I have a feeling it won't be a serious love triangle. Just a comical one with, quite possibly, Kara and Chloe light-heartedly competing for Jimmy's affections.
                Last edited by Heather; 12-06-07, 06:29 PM.
                wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

                YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Heather View Post
                  We won't find out until July, I think. The creators are announcing it at a concention in July, I think, so I'd imagine we'll know then, if not before. But I'm excited.
                  Ah cool, thanks for the info!

                  And that's exactly why I didn't like that part of the spoiler. I'm not a fan of Jimmy, thus I don't really like Chloe with him (though they have great chemistry...I'm just stubborn like that). But I have a feeling it won't be a serious love triangle. Just a comical one with, quite possibly, Kara and Chloe light-heartedly competing for Jimmy's affections.
                  I couldn't agree more (can you believe it? ). I don't like Chloe with Jimmy either, I don't know there is something about Jimmy that bugs me. I guess he is a Xander-ish sort of character and just as I was not fond of Xander, I'm not fond of Jimmy. Oh well. But yeah, maybe if it is a light-hearted, comical love triangle situation, maybe that would work.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    More Supergirl info! This time it's the official casting breakdown.

                    "SUPERGIRL" (Kara) - 19 years old, Caucasian, blonds preferred, or willing to dye hair blond. Beautiful, smart and funny. She is Clark's cousin. She was born on Krypton and is the daughter of Zor-El, Jor-El's brother. Kara possesses all of Clark's power and one he doesn't yet have - she can FLY! Kara also has a strong, rebellious streak which puts her at odds with Clark, and puts her into Lex's radar. This is a 7/13 Series Regular role.
                    What I like about this is that they're keeping it so close to the real Supergirl storyline. Both the physical appearance and the backstory. But what makes me even happier is that she's gonna be a series regular. They're not gonna just have her appear in numerous episodes and then call her a guest star like they did with Lois in Season 4.

                    I must admit: I'm really excited for this. Especially if Clark and Kara join forces to take out Bizarro in the premier. Now THAT'D be a killer fight scene...OMG! *Is already excited and hoping that the writers do that in 7.01*

                    Oh wow...It's so weird saying 7.01. 7 years. Wow... /random
                    wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

                    YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Heather View Post
                      And that's exactly why I didn't like that part of the spoiler. I'm not a fan of Jimmy, thus I don't really like Chloe with him (though they have great chemistry...I'm just stubborn like that). But I have a feeling it won't be a serious love triangle. Just a comical one with, quite possibly, Kara and Chloe light-heartedly competing for Jimmy's affections.
                      I like Jimmy. Ashmore does a great job with him. However, my heart doesn't like Jimmy and Chloe together. I guess it's because I absolutely adore Chloe and wish she could have her superhero. And I'm incredibly hung on Chloe and Oliver and squeed everytime they spoke or she mentioned to Clark that she called him. Am I that silly to love this pairing?

                      Call me a lover of cheese, but I'm excited about Supergirl, I remember loving that movie when I was little so I've got positive mindset for her already. lol, and a light hearted triangle with Jimmy in the middle would be fun. Especially if Jimmy gets a big head and Chloe and Kara eventually team up against him.

                      Lydia made the punch!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
                        Call me a lover of cheese, but I'm excited about Supergirl, I remember loving that movie when I was little so I've got positive mindset for her already. lol, and a light hearted triangle with Jimmy in the middle would be fun. Especially if Jimmy gets a big head and Chloe and Kara eventually team up against him.

                        See, I'm the exact opposite - I hate the cheese! I'm am not at all happy to have a 'supergirl' character this season. I'm afraid it will kill it (kinda like that cheesy blonde killed the last season of Charmed!) The characters all have a great chemistry, and I hate change. That's just my personality...LOL. Plus, I don't want her to get her claws in Jimmy - I LOVE this Jimmy. He really is perfect for the role of Jimmy Olsen (unlike Lois & Clark's version). Plus, I like that Chloe has Jimmy in her life. She shouldn't have to compete there, since she's had to compete for Clark all through the years.


                        Anywho, I'm getting the impression that I'm the only one who actually LIKED Season 6! I didn't mind Lana's storyline at all this season, but then again, I actually seem to be the only one who likes Lana, too. I'm wondering if she's really dead (though, I'm sure she's not). Is she leaving the show? It would be a really great exit. I can't see how the writers could break Clana up after this if she's not dead? Since the 'secret' is no longer standing in their way, I don't think Clark would let her go to anything but death.


                        As far as the Daily Planet Editor - I too hope that Lois doesn't sleep her way into the DP. But, it would be cool to see her totally gaga over somebody that has absolutely no interest in her. That I could get on board with.

                        As far as Francy's post about people not going to like how Lois comes into the Daily Planet - I'm wondering if maybe Chloe's saving her, somehow transferred some other parts of Chloe to Lois as well, and that's how she gets into the Planet. That is definitely a 'dislikable' way for her to get the job IMO. It could also explain Erica's statement that Chloe isn't really dead...maybe she means she's alive - in Lois! Ick. That would be sooooo lame! I really hope that's not what the writers are intending.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          My cousin came up with a point, what if Chloe just had her energy drained? I done this with a couple of my own stories where a character just loses all thier energy and looks dead, which would explain why she could still be alive, I hope so I like her. I like Lionel, Lois and Chloe out of all them really (Liked Martha too but looked like she's not gonna be on much, I thought there was going to be a Lionel/martha relationship).

                          How would they get rid of Lex? Would he just leave Smallville? Wonder where Lionel will go? (Althought Lois/Lionel better start getting more scenes in season 7 or I will write to the writers and demand they are in it more)

                          Hilda Celeriac: You better tell me everything or I am gonna go Lex Luthor on your ass!
                          Hey guys, if you know Amber is coming to Brisbane or anywhere near it, then page me (Well PM, just referencing Buffy)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Oo...Lyn's gonna like this one...

                            Originally posted by Justin Hartley's Official Website
                            Hartley Does Double Duty For The CW
                            Justin Hartley joins the cast of CW's mid-season replacement series, "Eight Days A Week" opposite Christina Milan and Mario Lopez produced by Sean Hayes. Hartley, who will play the role of 'Ben,' will also continue his role on as the 'Green Arrow'/Oliver Queen' on CW's "SMALLVILLE." Congratulations Justin!
                            It's just a rumor at the moment and not 100% confirmed but...WOOHOO! I'm psyched about this, if it's true! Oh wow...I'm already majorly pumped for Season 7 but this just adds to it.

                            Kryptonsite speculates that Oliver might've helped Lana "fake her death." But what doesn't work with that is: how did Oliver know Lana was gonna fake her death? Clark didn't even know and Oliver was all around the world at the time.

                            And this will make...what? A love quadrilateral with Lois Lane in the center? Clark, Oliver, and the new Daily Planet Editor...That's the only drawback I see to this.

                            But WOO! More Justin Hartely might be on the way!
                            wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

                            YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Heather View Post
                              Oo...Lyn's gonna like this one...
                              YOU BET I DO!!!! I can't decide if I want to swing you around in a hug or be mad that I just had to stumble in here before I found out! *grins, narrows eyes, grins again*

                              Originally posted by Heather
                              It's just a rumor at the moment and not 100% confirmed but...WOOHOO! I'm psyched about this, if it's true! Oh wow...I'm already majorly pumped for Season 7 but this just adds to it.

                              Kryptonsite speculates that Oliver might've helped Lana "fake her death." But what doesn't work with that is: how did Oliver know Lana was gonna fake her death? Clark didn't even know and Oliver was all around the world at the time.

                              And this will make...what? A love quadrilateral with Lois Lane in the center? Clark, Oliver, and the new Daily Planet Editor...That's the only drawback I see to this.

                              But WOO! More Justin Hartely might be on the way!

                              Oh yeah, this is awesome news. I really felt his character just disappeared but they kept talking about him every couple of episodes. It creates a good continuity between the seasons.


                              Oliver on the other side of the world. Hello! Cell phones!!! Hmmm...did Lana and Oliver ever really speak to each other? Maybe, Lana and Chloe came up with the plan. Chloe is the one that keeps in touch with Oliver.

                              And Lana's fake death had to seem real to the people closest to her. It would seem suspicious if Clark wasn't distraught and shocked because Lana was killed.

                              Oh I'm just so ecstatic about this news about Justin Hartley!!!!

                              Lydia made the punch!

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                I just found a tiny new spoiler at Watch with Kristin:

                                Tomasina: Will Lana be coming back to Smallville?

                                Jury's still out. Sources tell me her agents are negotiating.
                                So all of us Lana/Clana haters out there can still have hope. Maybe KK's agents and the studio won't come to an agreement.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by Cori View Post
                                  I just found a tiny new spoiler at Watch with Kristin:



                                  So all of us Lana/Clana haters out there can still have hope. Maybe KK's agents and the studio won't come to an agreement.
                                  I always have hope. Although, the way Smallville treats me, I'm prepared for disappointment
                                  would you do anything for me

                                  buy a new diamond ring for me

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by little albatross View Post
                                    I always have hope. Although, the way Smallville treats me, I'm prepared for disappointment
                                    Me too. I expect all the worse for season 7, but if they make me the gift of getting rid of Lana, I will forgive them everything they screwed up in these 6 years! LOL

                                    |LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
                                    Icon by xiperita

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by Cori View Post
                                      So all of us Lana/Clana haters out there can still have hope. Maybe KK's agents and the studio won't come to an agreement.


                                      Oh, I don't know...I love the character of Lana, and would hate not to see her back for this more-than-likely last season. But as far as the storyline goes, I wouldn't be satisified with anything other than her death to separate her and Clark at this point in time. Anything else just wouldn't be believable.
                                      sigpic

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Here She Is...

                                        Kara/Supergirl played by Laura Vandervoort:
                                        http://www.the-n.com/media/flipbook/...3/sadie_04.jpg

                                        I am overjoyed with her being cast, because I loved her way before this. Great casting choice. This makes me so much more excited for Kara's arrival since it's an actress I'm familiar with. I really think she can pull it off.
                                        Last edited by Thomas; 12-07-07, 07:37 AM.

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X