F.r.i.e.n.d.s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F.r.i.e.n.d.s

1st off I'm shocked and amazed there wasn't a thread for this amazing show. No need to fear, Stacy is here to make one for you all. Who else still adores this show????!!!! I know I do. I love everything about it from the writing to where it takes place to all the characters, it's just all perfect. My favorite character has to be either Phoebe or Chandler and I guess Rachel too. I couldn't stand the Gellers 90% of the time. Mainly because I'm like a younger version of Monica so it's probably because I don't want to admit it to myself that we're basically the same person. IDK. What did you guys think? Did you like it? Who was your favorite characters, episodes etc?
    T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

I watched an episode here and there because my sister basically adores it.

My favorite character from watching has to be Phoebe, because she's just so funny. I also love Chandler. I hate the Rachel/Ross love story. It bores the crap out of me and leads me to hate Rachel and Ross. Monica is okay, and Joey is funny.

I've only seen a handful of episodes but I've seen the Thanksgiving Football one so many times that I've grown to like it.

Comment

I own all ten seasons.

I have three favorite episodes. The first is from the first season, "The One with the Thumb." That's the one where CHandler starts smaoking again. It's sooooo funny. My other fave is from the fifth season, "The One Where Everybody Finds Out." "But they don't know that we know they know we know." My third fave is from season three, "The One With The Embryos." And that's the one where the guys and girls compete and bet Monica's apartment. Dude, hilarity ensues!

Fave character....I think I have to go with Chandler because he's so funny and I love Matthew's Perry's delivery. He's got great comedic timing. But Phoebe and Joey crack me up pretty often too.
      sigpic
      follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

I am only missing 3 seasons now and I'm sure I'll get at least two for Christmas, my brother and I have a deal that for Birthdays and Christmases we each buy the other a season

Definitely The One With The Embryos is such a funny episode... 'Michael Flatly Lord of the Dance... his legs flail about as if independent from his body'

Chandler is definitely my favourite character, every episode he makes me laugh and I know most episodes word for word! Luckily the girl sitting opposite me at work does too and we often banter Friends style

I'm a huge Monica/Chandler shipper, never saw it coming but they complete each other in the best ways.

Chandler: Well maybe it was all of your questions.
        Monica: What about my questions?
        Chandler: The sheer volume, it was like flying with the Riddler!
        Monica: Oh, I'm sorry. Was that another joke?
        Chandler: Was that another question?

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBoy View Post
          My favorite character from watching has to be Phoebe, because she's just so funny. I also love Chandler. I hate the Rachel/Ross love story. It bores the crap out of me and leads me to hate Rachel and Ross. Monica is okay, and Joey is funny.

I've only seen a handful of episodes but I've seen the Thanksgiving Football one so many times that I've grown to like it.
          Oh how could you find the Ross and Rachel relationship boring? I can understand later on in the years but in the beginning it was great. I absolutely adore The One the Morning After. It's sad but I love it when Rachel orders pizza:
          Ross: No anchovies.
          Rachel: Extra anchovies.
          Ross: That's okay, I'll just pick them off.
          Rachel: And can you chop some up and like, mix them into the sauce?
          I would do the exact same thing if I was in her position.

Originally Posted By Jenni Lou:
          I have three favorite episodes. The first is from the first season, "The One with the Thumb." That's the one where CHandler starts smaoking again. It's sooooo funny. My other fave is from the fifth season, "The One Where Everybody Finds Out." "But they don't know that we know they know we know." My third fave is from season three, "The One With The Embryos." And that's the one where the guys and girls compete and bet Monica's apartment. Dude, hilarity ensues!
          OMG I love those episodes too. The One Where Everybody Finds Out is definitely in my top 10. Like you said "they don't know we know they know we know". God I love Phoebe.

My other two favorites besides the ones mentioned have to be The One with Ross's New Girlfriend. My all time favorite Friends line came from Rachel in this episode, "Isn't that great. I mean isn't that just kick you in the crotch spit on your neck fantastic!" I honestly die of laughter at that part. My other favorite episode has to be The One Where No One's Ready. I know nothing much really happens but Phoebe is hilarious when she spills on her dress and decides to wear that Christmas ribbon thing. And when Rachel desides she's going to catch up on her correspondence. Joeys line about drinking the fat was really funny. With Rachel responding "I think you should drink the fat." All in all that was just a great episode.

We should start an Episodes Explanation Style for Friends!!!! Everyone's basically seen it before whether they liked it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by holypotatoes View Post
            Oh how could you find the Ross and Rachel relationship boring? I can understand later on in the years but in the beginning it was great.
            I agree that it did get a little tedious there for awhile. But the beginning was good. There were some definite sweet moments though, I do have to say.

My other favorite episode has to be The One Where No One's Ready. I know nothing much really happens but Phoebe is hilarious when she spills on her dress and decides to wear that Christmas ribbon thing.

I literally just laughed out loud. It was so funny.

And don't for get Joey with all of Chandler's clothes. "I'm Chandler. Could I be wearing any more clothes?" AND he's going commando. Classic ep!
            sigpic
            follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post

And don't for get Joey with all of Chandler's clothes. "I'm Chandler. Could I be wearing any more clothes?" AND he's going commando. Classic ep!
              Oh I know there's just so much funniness in that one episode alone. Especially when they fight over who gets to sit on the chair. Then Joey ends up stealing the cushions! Joey: "you said you wanted the chair there you go." Chandler: "The cushions are part of the chair!" or something to that effect. I just love this show sooo much. Another good ep is the one where Monica dates the highschooler. I just love all the guys reaction to it. "It's morphin time. Stegasaurous, Tiranasaurous, ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!" I remember when I was little my friends and I used to do that all the time.

Comment

Oh man, this show is absolutely amazing
                My favourite character is definately Phoebe, I dont understand how anyone cannot love her. She's always so funny and crazy, and remember Smelly Cat?! That was great! Then Chandler would be my second favourite, I love how he's always so sarcastic and hilarious. Then Joey, Ross, Monica and Rachel would follow. Never been a big fan of Rachel, but I still love her. Especially the Ross/Rachel, its so beautiful how they fiiiinally get together at the end
                And with my Christmas money I plan to buy all the series on DVD, because i dont havent any atm which sucks.
                Last edited by Ehlwyen; 24-12-07, 11:19 AM. Reason: Remove illegal language

Comment

I have to say, I'm new to the show. I've been watching it for about two months now, and I'm in love with it. I can't believe I never watched it before! I should bury my head in shame!

I'm only up to Season Four, as I'm buying the box sets. But I'm not really happy, since I watched The One With Ross's Wedding. 'I Ross, take you Rachel' And I don't have any money yet to buy the next Season! God I wanna know what happens next! And the Monica/Chandler relationship pretty shocked me, but I was kinda expecting it.

My favourite character has got to be Chandler, followed by Rachel, Joey, Phoebe, Monica (who actually, for some reason, reminds me of Prue, from Charmed) then Ross. I'm not a big fan of Ross, but the Rachel/Ross ship...although annoying sometimes, is pretty sweet. I love Chandler though, as I love Matthew Perry, and I love Sarcastic guys!

I loved The One With The Hypnosis Tape, that episode is so hilarious, seeing Chandler acting like a woman Oh and I like The One With Chandler In A Box And I love The One With All The Poker...great episodes!

sigpic
                  ♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

Comment

Originally posted by Ahm Shere View Post
                    I have to say, I'm new to the show. I've been watching it for about two months now, and I'm in love with it. I can't believe I never watched it before! I should bury my head in shame!

I'm only up to Season Four, as I'm buying the box sets. But I'm not really happy, since I watched The One With Ross's Wedding. 'I Ross, take you Rachel' And I don't have any money yet to buy the next Season! God I wanna know what happens next! And the Monica/Chandler relationship pretty shocked me, but I was kinda expecting it.

My favourite character has got to be Chandler, followed by Rachel, Joey, Phoebe, Monica (who actually, for some reason, reminds me of Prue, from Charmed) then Ross. I'm not a big fan of Ross, but the Rachel/Ross ship...although annoying sometimes, is pretty sweet. I love Chandler though, as I love Matthew Perry, and I love Sarcastic guys!

I loved The One With The Hypnosis Tape, that episode is so hilarious, seeing Chandler acting like a woman Oh and I like The One With Chandler In A Box And I love The One With All The Poker...great episodes!
                    Oh Hannah how could you not have watched the show before now!!!!! *helps bury her head* I'm sorry that you're stuck on that season btw. Get ready for some good episodes in the next season. A lot of fun arises out of that one little statement that Ross made.

I forgot about the hypnosis tape one! I love Chandler in that ep too. "You're a strong confident woman." I absolutely love it when he's putting on the chap stick and then starts smacking on the kleenex. That's just good stuff.

BTW The One Where No One's Ready was on like 2 nights ago. It just never gets old I tell ya. "You were gonna drink the fat."

Comment

I think season five is so funny. SO you must get it soon!!!!!

But I think it's funny that Ross is basically the least liked character. He's my least favorite too. But from time to time he does manage to charm me.
                      sigpic

Comment

But I think it's funny that Ross is basically the least liked character. He's my least favorite too. But from time to time he does manage to charm me.
                        Yes he does have his charm once in a blue moon but most of the time he's just whiny and irritating. All the characters can charm you into liking them, it's just that he seems to be the one character that does it the least amount of times.

Comment

Im rewatching all the seasons, I'm up to season 4 now. Ross/Rachel relationship in this season is so damn annoying, but atleast funny every now and then

Comment

Me and a very good friend (no pun intended) are both Friends freaks and quote it all the time (much more so than Buffy, funnily enough). I find it really hard to chose a favourite episode, although "The One Where No-One's Ready" is her fave. I think her favourite line is "Not touching, can't get mad. Not touching, can't get mad"

For me I suppose I'd have to go with "The One with The Stoned Guy" and the bit of Joey teaching Ross to talk dirty. Chandler walks in halfway thru the conversation, and it's about the most perfect comic timing ever...

Ross: Ahem... I want.... OK, I want to... feel your... hot, soft skin with my lips.
                            Joey: There you go! Keep going. Keep going!
                            Ross: I, er...

(At this point, Chandler walks into the living room from his bedroom. Ross and Joey both have their backs to him, so they don't notice. Chandler sees the situation and remains quiet, watching.)

Ross: I want to take my tongue... and...

(Chandler is completely astounded.)

Ross: ....and....
                            Joey: Say it... say it!
                            Ross: ...run it all over your body until you're... trembling with... with...

(Chandler leans back against the wall and Ross and Joey hear him. Ross and Joey both notice at the same time. They slowly stop, and then very slowly turn around to see Chandler staring at them.)

Chandler: (smiling)....with??
                            sigpic

Peter Capaldi is the 12th Doctor

Comment

Originally posted by holypotatoes View Post
                              Oh Hannah how could you not have watched the show before now!!!!! *helps bury her head* I'm sorry that you're stuck on that season btw. Get ready for some good episodes in the next season. A lot of fun arises out of that one little statement that Ross made.

I forgot about the hypnosis tape one! I love Chandler in that ep too. "You're a strong confident woman." I absolutely love it when he's putting on the chap stick and then starts smacking on the kleenex. That's just good stuff.

BTW The One Where No One's Ready was on like 2 nights ago. It just never gets old I tell ya. "You were gonna drink the fat."
                              I know, it's terrible! Shame on me!

Oh yeah, I love that episode, The One Where No One's Ready! Has someone been drinking my fat?' And 'You know what's weird. Donald Duck never wore pants. But whenever he's getting out of the shower, he always put a towel around his waist. I mean, what is that about?' Chandler

Yeah I'm gonna buy it tomorrow before College...I'm going crazy not knowing what happens next...but soon I will know and I'll be happy

sigpic
                              ♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

Comment

I used to watch Friends all the time, never missed an epi. But since I don't have the seasons on DVD I rarely watch anymore It's sad, because it is *so* funny! This is gonna sound strange, but one of my favourite eps is the Thanksgiving episode with B. Pitt. I just love it when Pheobe hugs him and is all "It's as great as I thought it would be" haha! And the Rachel Green Hate Club Hihihi ^^

Another fab Thanksgiving (I think) epi, is when Monica invited Richards son (played by Michael Vartan if I'm not mistaken). It's just so hilarious when they kiss and there's this awkwardness because appearantly he kisses the same way as his dad :/ Still, haha!

I've always liked Rachel. I guess it's because she's a bit crazy but still kinda "normal". She can act "normal", but inside she's a loon. I like that kind of people (I like people who are just loony as well!). Of course I love Chandler! I just think his whole family situation is so great (because it's just extremely funny).

Comment

Originally posted by ciderdrinker View Post
                                  For me I suppose I'd have to go with "The One with The Stoned Guy" and the bit of Joey teaching Ross to talk dirty. Chandler walks in halfway thru the conversation, and it's about the most perfect comic timing ever...

Ross: Ahem... I want.... OK, I want to... feel your... hot, soft skin with my lips.
                                  Joey: There you go! Keep going. Keep going!
                                  Ross: I, er...

(At this point, Chandler walks into the living room from his bedroom. Ross and Joey both have their backs to him, so they don't notice. Chandler sees the situation and remains quiet, watching.)

Ross: I want to take my tongue... and...

(Chandler is completely astounded.)

Ross: ....and....
                                  Joey: Say it... say it!
                                  Ross: ...run it all over your body until you're... trembling with... with...

(Chandler leans back against the wall and Ross and Joey hear him. Ross and Joey both notice at the same time. They slowly stop, and then very slowly turn around to see Chandler staring at them.)

Chandler: (smiling)....with??

oh, totally. That is just one of ym fave scenes too.

Jon Lovitz is great as the Stoned Guy too. I love how he tries to hide th gummi bears and then tries to "save" them with the Sugar-Os. Too classic.

The One With the Thumb is an all time fave though.

Phoebe: Oh, I can't believe you! You've been so good, for three years!
                                  Chandler: And this is my reward!
                                  Ross: Hold on a second, alright? Just think about what you went through the last time you quit.
                                  Chandler: Okay, so this time I won't quit!

Phoebe: 'Dear Ms. Buffay. Thank you for calling attention to our error. We have credited your account with five hundred dollars. We're sorry for the inconvenience, and hope you'll accept this football phone as our free gift.' Do you believe this?! Now I have a thousand dollars, and a football phone!
                                  Rachel: What bank is this?

Chandler: Ooh, Lambchop. How old is that sock? If I had a sock on my hand for thirty years it'd be talking too.
                                  Ross: Okay. I think it's time to change somebody's nicotine patch.
                                  Chandler: Ooh, I'm alive with pleasure now.

Originally posted by Ahm Shere View Post
                                  Yeah I'm gonna buy it tomorrow before College...I'm going crazy not knowing what happens next...but soon I will know and I'll be happy
                                  Yayz!
                                  sigpic

Comment

Another fave eppy of mine is "The One Where Eddie Won't Go". The whole episode is priceless but the funniest scene:-

CHANDLER: [enters] Ding dong, the psycho's gone.
                                    MONICA: Are you sure this time?
                                    CHANDLER: Yes, yes I actually saw him leave. I mean that guy is standing in the window holding a human head. He is STANDING IN THE WINDOW HOLDING A HUMAN HEAD!
                                    EDDIE: [enters] Check it out man, I tore it off some mannaquin in the alley behind Macy's.
                                    MONICA: There is no alley behind Macy's.
                                    EDDIE: So I got it in the junior miss department, big diff. Anyway check it out man, it's gonna make a hell of a conversation piece at out next cocktail party, huh pal?
                                    CHANDLER: Our next cocktail party?
                                    EDDIE: Yeah, you know, put chips in it, we'll make like a chip chick.
                                    CHANDLER: Eddie, do you remember yesterday?
                                    EDDIE: Uh yes, I think I vaguely recall it.
                                    CHANDLER: Do you remember talking to me yesterday?
                                    EDDIE: Uh, yes.
                                    CHANDLER: So what happened?
                                    EDDIE: We took a road trip to Las Vegas man.
                                    CHANDLER: Oh sweet Moses.
                                    MONICA: So on this road trip, did you guys win any money?
                                    EDDIE: Naah, I crapped out, but Mr. 21 over here he cleans up, 300 bucks, check it out he buys me these new shoes, sweet huh?
                                    MONICA: Nice.
                                    EDDIE: Yeah. Well see ya upstairs. See ya pals.
                                    PHOEBE: Is anyone else starting to really like him?

Trivia: Eddie is played by Adam Goldberg, who was also in Saving Private Ryan. Giovanni Ribisi was also in that film and played Frank Jnr in Friends

(Huh, you know I'm thinking that this thread should be re-named "Favourite Friends quotes!)
                                    sigpic

Peter Capaldi is the 12th Doctor

Comment

Originally posted by ciderdrinker View Post
                                      Another fave eppy of mine is "The One Where Eddie Won't Go". The whole episode is priceless but the funniest scene:-

CHANDLER: [enters] Ding dong, the psycho's gone.
                                      MONICA: Are you sure this time?
                                      CHANDLER: Yes, yes I actually saw him leave. I mean that guy is standing in the window holding a human head. He is STANDING IN THE WINDOW HOLDING A HUMAN HEAD!
                                      EDDIE: [enters] Check it out man, I tore it off some mannaquin in the alley behind Macy's.
                                      MONICA: There is no alley behind Macy's.
                                      EDDIE: So I got it in the junior miss department, big diff. Anyway check it out man, it's gonna make a hell of a conversation piece at out next cocktail party, huh pal?
                                      CHANDLER: Our next cocktail party?
                                      EDDIE: Yeah, you know, put chips in it, we'll make like a chip chick.
                                      CHANDLER: Eddie, do you remember yesterday?
                                      EDDIE: Uh yes, I think I vaguely recall it.
                                      CHANDLER: Do you remember talking to me yesterday?
                                      EDDIE: Uh, yes.
                                      CHANDLER: So what happened?
                                      EDDIE: We took a road trip to Las Vegas man.
                                      CHANDLER: Oh sweet Moses.
                                      MONICA: So on this road trip, did you guys win any money?
                                      EDDIE: Naah, I crapped out, but Mr. 21 over here he cleans up, 300 bucks, check it out he buys me these new shoes, sweet huh?
                                      MONICA: Nice.
                                      EDDIE: Yeah. Well see ya upstairs. See ya pals.
                                      PHOEBE: Is anyone else starting to really like him?

Trivia: Eddie is played by Adam Goldberg, who was also in Saving Private Ryan. Giovanni Ribisi was also in that film and played Frank Jnr in Friends

(Huh, you know I'm thinking that this thread should be re-named "Favourite Friends quotes!)
                                      OMG Ciderdrinker that ep was on tv last week. It's so funny when he shows up at the door and is like "Why is all my stuff downstairs?" and the guys are acting like they have no idea who he is. Eddie just says "oh I must have the wrong apartment." Honestly how stupid could you be?

You know we could always just start up a Friends Quotes thread. Kind of like the Buffy quotes conversation game that died a firery death awhile ago only this time we could keep the game going.

Comment

You guys I have a quick question for you all. Okay so you know how Monica is a clean freak and she obsessive compulsively has to have everything in it's place, well then how come when Joey hid the box of condoms and candy bars etc. under her bed, she never found it? I mean you would think you would notice a giant box under your bed. Maybe she stuffed crap under her bed kind of like she did in the closet by the bathroom. That's why she never noticed the box.

Comment

Working...
                                        X