Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 4400/Dead Zone - canceled

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The 4400/Dead Zone - canceled

    Yep. Just like the thread title says. Source: Ausiello.

    The Dead Zone I get. But I hate that they left The 4400 hanging the way it did. And I thought it was a fairly good rated program for USA. Perhaps they were swayed by the better ratings their other series received like Psych and Monk and Burn Notice and The Starter Wife.

    Anyone else a little bummed? I felt like The 4400 had one more season left and that one more season was all they needed to bring the story to a close. Because it had advanced so far in four seasons and I just saw a real showdown as imminent.
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

  • #2
    Aww damn. I loved The 4400. I haven't gotten caught up with season 4 yet though. That sucks. I thought it was doing well too.

    Comment


    • #3
      F***! That's all I have to say....

      ..actually, no.... I'm so sick of this politics of treating shows like any other commercial products, not giving a thought to the viewers who invested more than that in a storyline. The 4400 was a great show, and while I could have accepted the cancellation of other shows, I can't in this case, because nothing has really been explained yet. We still don't know what great catastrophe the 4400 were sent back to prevent, and in which way they would have been able to do that. And after 4 seasons, I deserve to know, dammit!

      If I wasn't such a tv whore I would be tempted not to watch any tv shows ever again.

      |LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
      Icon by xiperita

      Comment


      • #4
        I feel your outrage, Francy and I thought you might not take it well.

        I'm just gonna hope that USA lets make a final movie or something in the future that can close out the story the best it can. 'Cause it was left hanging in a big way.
        sigpic
        follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

        Comment


        • #5
          I highly doubt they will make a movie... how many of the movies we are constantly promised happen, anyway? So I'm not even hoping that... I'll just have to live with the disappointment and rage and hope I get over it (I can honestly say that this is the cancellation of a show that upset me the most).

          It would be cool if The 4400 fans were as passionate as the Jericho fans...Jericho fans were able to bring the show back, and Jericho sucks in comparizon to The 4400. Sigh..life is unfair!

          |LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
          Icon by xiperita

          Comment


          • #6
            Well, I read that maybe some other network might pick it up...like SciFi. It's a slim chance but there are at least some sumblings.

            Oh well.
            sigpic
            follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Francy View Post
              F***! That's all I have to say....

              ..actually, no.... I'm so sick of this politics of treating shows like any other commercial products, not giving a thought to the viewers who invested more than that in a storyline. The 4400 was a great show, and while I could have accepted the cancellation of other shows, I can't in this case, because nothing has really been explained yet. We still don't know what great catastrophe the 4400 were sent back to prevent, and in which way they would have been able to do that. And after 4 seasons, I deserve to know, dammit!

              If I wasn't such a tv whore I would be tempted not to watch any tv shows ever again.
              OMG! How did I miss this thread! Damn! Right there with ya, Francy - I'm an insanely big TV whore, otherwise I'd do that too!

              Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
              Well, I read that maybe some other network might pick it up...like SciFi. It's a slim chance but there are at least some sumblings.

              Oh well.

              Well, this just sucks - those shows were Sunday night salvation! We fans must be a joke to the networks. Seems the sadists give us shows we can love, then after we start loving them, the networks cancel them just for fun! And most of the time we are helpless........crap. Totally bummed now!

              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm not shocked that these shows were canceled. But I am shocked by the way they were. Many months after their finales aired and even stating they had no interest in wrapping up their stories with an extra episode or movie or anything. That's no way to treat fans; they make a network what it is. Without us, no one will watch their damn shows anyway.
                sigpic
                follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
                  I'm not shocked that these shows were canceled. But I am shocked by the way they were. Many months after their finales aired and even stating they had no interest in wrapping up their stories with an extra episode or movie or anything. That's no way to treat fans; they make a network what it is. Without us, no one will watch their damn shows anyway.
                  Networks need !
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X