Brothers & Sisters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brothers & Sisters

Surprised there's no thread. I was led into it and can't go back. I've seen the first two episodes!

The cast is absolutely excellent, especially people like Sally Field and Rachel Griffiths. My favorite characters are Sarah, Nora, and Kevin/Justin. The whole shock with the death of the husband was amazing and I love all the characters storyline. It's so intriguing, so far.

I love this show, I agree Sally Field is brilliant and she is so funny, one of the best shows around at the mo. I love Kitty aswell she makes me laugh and Rob Lowe too. The secrets just get better and better too.
    sigpic

Comment

I got into Brothers & Sisters because Rachel Griffiths was in it (I loved her on Six Feet Under). Then I found out the cast included a bunch of Alias alumni as well and started watching.

Normally I don't like typical drama series too much but all of the great actors and their characters drew me in. I can't wait for the second season to start airing in Australia. How much is it going to be affected by the WGA strike?

{tumblr}
      AKA nonbeliever93

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
        How much is it going to be affected by the WGA strike?
        The show had 12 episodes of season 2 completed before the WGA Strike happened so you'll most likely have those 12 to watch and, us Americans, have 3 more before we go into a strike-induced hiatus.

I absolutely love this show and finally saw all of season 1 (I only hadn't seen like 4 or 5 episodes of season 1) this past week and everything about the show is phenomenal. The shocking plot twists, the character development, the dynamics/chemistry between the characters, and the unbelievably talented cast. It does sometimes feel like a soap opera, as some people tend to complain about, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I, too, rarely watch real-life dramas but "Brothers & Sisters" is too amazing to not watch.

Anyway, so I've been bouncing around season 1 (which I am the proud owner of ) episodes and just came to a really interesting conclusion: Sarah Jane Morris is an incredibly talented woman! She knocks all of her scenes - as unfortunately few as there are - out of the park and I truly believe that they need to give her more to do - not only so we can see Julia more but also so we can see SJM knock our socks off.
        wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

Brothers & Sisters

Originally posted by Heather View Post
          Anyway, so I've been bouncing around season 1 (which I am the proud owner of ) episodes and just came to a really interesting conclusion: Sarah Jane Morris is an incredibly talented woman! She knocks all of her scenes - as unfortunately few as there are - out of the park and I truly believe that they need to give her more to do - not only so we can see Julia more but also so we can see SJM knock our socks off.
          I agree, Julia has the potential to be such an interesting character. The way her character is handled is my one disappointment with the show. Her character should defiantly be explored more. In the 'Pilot' it was established that she was a teacher, they could build more onto that.

Spoilers for late/mid (depending on how the strike goes) Season 2/Julia:
          Spoiler:
          Sadly, there's rumors about SJM possibly leaving the show. Having yet another couple divorce, would be a huge mistake. I think she should stay and work through their problems, you know, like normal couple tend to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas View Post
            I agree, Julia has the potential to be such an interesting character. The way her character is handled is my one disappointment with the show. Her character should defiantly be explored more. In the 'Pilot' it was established that she was a teacher, they could build more onto that.

Spoilers for late/mid (depending on how the strike goes) Season 2/Julia:
            Spoiler:
            Sadly, there's rumors about SJM possibly leaving the show. Having yet another couple divorce, would be a huge mistake. I think she should stay and work through their problems, you know, like normal couple tend to do.
            I agree. There's quite a bit they can do with her career and with the Tommy/Julia household - possibly dealing with income or general couple tension. I think one of my peeves with the show is that it often comes back to affairs causing complications in relationships. There are other things that lead to breakups...

*My comments on Thomas' season 2/Julia spoilers*

Spoiler:
            That would be really sad since SJM is truly fabulous - especially from the little we've seen of her in season 2 - and I also agree that Tommy and Julia should work through his affair with Lena. Maybe have them just split up - but continue Julia's story in the meantime with the baby - while they work through their issues? I don't know. But I definitely feel like there's a lot more than can do with Julia - a lot of untapped potential.
            wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

I have just watched the latest Brothers & Sisters episode (2.10) and really enjoyed it. It's so good to have the show back even if we only get 3 (now 2) more episodes.

Spoiler:
              The Walker dinner scene was classic Brothers & Sisters. How everyone kept disappearing from the table to go to the kitchen to argue was hilarious! I was laughing so hard throughout that scene! And of course every secret that the various characters have been hiding came out. I have hopes that Tommy and Julia will actually get past their infidelities and that they won't get a divorce, the last scene of the episode certainly pointed in that direction. In a way it's "good" that Julia has been unfaithful as well so she is not the only one who feels betrayed, Julia and Tommy are on equal grounds now and may actually have a chance to work on their marriage. I really hope that things work out for them and that SJM is not leaving the show.

I'm starting to get very suspicious of this David guy. Holly said that there is no way he could be Rebecca's father but I'm not so sure. Otherwise, why would they introduce him in such a major way to the show? Plus he obviously makes Holly very uncomfortable so I'm curious what will happen next. In a way I wouldn't mind Rebecca not being a Walker because maybe then the writers would be able to explore the intense chemistry between Rebecca and Justin.

So overall a good and enjoyable episode and I'm looking forward to the next (and maybe last ) two episodes of season 2!

Comment

New Episode!

A reminder to everyone, in case you don't know, there is a new episode tonight called 'The Missionary Imposition.'
                Last edited by Thomas; 10-02-08, 08:46 PM.

Comment

I?ve seen a couple of episodes and I like a lot. A great cast, great story and really amazing characters. I really like Rachel Griffiths. All of them have great chemistry on screen.

Comment

I have just watched episode 2.12 "Compromises" and really enjoyed it! Definitely one of the best s2 episodes IMO.

Spoiler:

Sarah: Come on Kevin, we're Walkers. Let's go do what Walkers do best.
                    Kevin: Get drunk? Okay.

So yeah, I especially enjoyed the Kevin/Sarah scenes. How they went out together to sing karaoke at the gay bar was just hilarious! I loved how all of Scotty's friends seemed to worship Sarah and made her sign her divorce papers. Oh and that Graham showed up at the gay bar and brought the papers personally and how he and Sarah ended up having sex. LMFAO @ Kevin singing, he was just so drunk and so bad! But at least he was not uptight anymore. The banter between Sarah and Graham the morning after they had sex was very funny as well. I'm curious how things will develop between these two now.

Another thing I loved in this episode was the conflict between Robert and his brother Jason and then their subsequent making up. These two never felt more like brothers to me than in this episode.

It was also great to see Keith Mars on show! When I saw his name in the credits, I was overjoyed. I hope we will see a lot more of him in the next few episodes.

However, seeing that eppy 2.12 was the last episode completed before the strike, we will have to wait a while for new episodes but at least the strike is over now.

Comment

2.12 - 'Compromises'

Spoiler:
                      This episode proved it: Scotty and Kevin are too different to work. Kevin looked so uncomfortable around Scotty's "friends," who care about him so much, but let him go homeless? What great friends. I can't wait for those two to break-up, especially with Scotty's immaturity last week. Now that Jason's back, hopefully Kevin will start to see things clearly.

Robert's storyline needs to end. I'm really tired of it, I don't really see where it could go. Does anyone really expect him to actually win it? Winning would mean that he and Kitty would move to the east coast, totally ruining everything since that would mean the Kitty wouldn't really spend much time with Nora and her siblings.

Speaking of story line's that need to end, Rebbecca questioning who her father is. David being her father would ruin lots of development that's already been made, and truthfully, the only reason they'd go that route is to hook Rebbecca and Justin up. Even if you found out someone wasn't your sister/brother, would you really want to hook-up with them after spending so much time thinking you were?

Another thing I'm tired of: The Olin's. Ken Olin currently plays David, he's also directed several episodes and is a producer, Roxy Olin has acted in several episodes in Season 1, Cliff Olin has written several episodes, and Patricia Wetting is a regular. I don't mind that Patrica's on the show, and Ken's a director/producer, and Cliff's a writer, but now they're all start to appear on the show... it just bugs me.

Comment

Working...
                      X